Female Artists /Male Artists

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kunga

Female Artists /Male Artists

Post by Kunga »

Art : Where men and women are equal in the spiritual/logical/philosophical realms :

FRIDA KAHLO/FEMALE/self portrait

PABLO PICASSO/MALE/Portrait of Gertrude Stein

PABLO PICASSO/self portrait

FRIDA KAHLO :

PABLO PICASSO :

FRIDA KAHLO :

[Title/The Bride Frightened at Seeing Life ]

PABLO PICASSO :

Kunga

Re: Female Artists /Male Artists

Post by Kunga »

http://courses.education.illinois.edu/e ... major.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=georgia ... s&tbm=isch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Bonheur

I also love many male artists....art has always been part of my life...and I think it intertwines with spirituality, and philosophy.
As an artist myself, I find it difficult to express some things in words....art is another alternative form of expression.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Please don't start posting dead pictures! Here's an interesting read about art.

• It is becoming very clear, in many different ways, the statement "art is dead" is true. This "art" I am limiting to painting and sculpture. I have denied it for a long time, but after some scrutiny I have begun to believe it is so. A statement of this sort is dependent on criteria. A living and dead state of art must be clarified to declare and believe something so unpleasant. In a brief definition, an art is the side effect of an attempt to manifest something. ... In other words, the pursuit of art today, to make art, must necessarily fail, as the purpose will forever shift away. Like playing telephone, derivation warps and transforms

There is so much art out there, or so it is supposed. This is false. As far as painting and sculpture are concerned, there is nearly none. This is not determined by preference. I am not saying I do not like the paintings or sculpture presently; I like some and dislike others. I am saying the reason for these art pieces to exist is dead. For the art to be living (regardless of how many people partake in it) it has to have a core purpose. Artists have millions of reasons behind their work, and most of them involve making art, either as expression or message. But as I mentioned making art is already failed. What signals further failure is making art as still another thing, such as a message or expression. The art has evacuated the form.

A dead art form is one that is no longer effective.

-- By Paul Mellender (more)
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Very interesting guy/artist :

http://paulmellender.com/

I haven't painted myself in many many years....lost interest. I can see it as being dead...egotistical...whatever....I must have outgrown it...like most everything else that has kept my interest for so long......
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

I think there is plenty to be intrigued about in the Picasso's and Paula Rego's posted above but absolutely nothing of interest in the arrogant words and puerile 'dungeons and dragons' type art of Paul Mellender.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

uncledote wrote:I think there is plenty to be intrigued about in the Picasso's and Paula Rego's posted above but absolutely nothing of interest in the arrogant words and puerile 'dungeons and dragons' type art of Paul Mellender.
Sure, intrigue all you desire.
  • The survival of form is to become a zombie; it is to be the tool for the black arts, business and politics.

So how is art dead? When the things that initiate art, though ever recurring, are systematically, and deceptively snuffed out, their evidences and potency are brought to an end.

--Paul Mellender