Are YOU Enlightened ?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: Are YOU Enlightened ?

Post by Dennis Mahar »

The very nature of being is tool-being.

when someone speaks it is causes/conditions which affirms dependent arising.
tool-being.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Yes. And I am trying my best to be a useful tool at this forum. It behooves me when I try my very best to make intelligent inquires into profound subject matter, and the best Diebert can do is mud-slinging. I know I'm not a genius, or even good at intellectual masterbation...but at least I expect a higher level of comprehension from those I consider superior in intelligence. Why the incessant ridicule and mockery ? I would at least point out some good points along with the bad insights. A good teacher should know the temperment of his student. My teacher could insult me and I would never even know it ! LOL
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Yes, I over-reacted. Sorry Diebert. Can we start over ?
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Kunga wrote:The person, from an Enlightened point of view, does not exist.
What point of view could "Enlightenment" have? Points and views are human. Even when it's personification of some object.

Yes, good point...but you know what I mean.
Enlightened activity is what nobody does.
It's fine unless secretly there's still someone hiding in all those activities, piggybacking!
Show me activity and I''ll show you person showing up.

What I'm referring to is the selfless behavior of an altruistic bodhisattva type person.

When you see yourself as somebody, there is ego activity.
Only as far as actions and thoughts are disconnected from beings and origination.
Which looks like what you are doing here:
When you are a Buddha, you act spontaneously.
Spontaneous persons do spontaneous things.

A buddha doesn't need to think about anything, like ordinary people do, their actions are perfect for any situation. Sometimes ordinary people can be spontaneous, but Buddhas are always spontaneous and perfect in whatever they do. Unlike an ordinary being.

There's no disconnect. There's no action isolated somewhere, alienated from its origin.
Origination is depending and concentrated around person, livelihood, environment and defies any notion of just being random or uncaused.

So selfless actions are the activity of the enlightened , and the enlightened, act without a self.
It sounds you're just borrowing words.

No, those were not borrowed , but my own interpretation/thoughts.

I don't hear your own, no matter how imperfect they might be. But borrowing is no enlightenment, it's a charade. My advice is to reach not for enlightenment (better yet: reject it) but reach for some more authenticity first. Get rid of the ideas of that being an illusion or "nobody is original". It's an excuse not to push further.

Enlightenment is not something to reach for or attain for oneself. It's the Natural State of Reality. Realizing what that is, AWAKENS you to that reality. It's still a little fuzzy to me....most of my comprehension is from what I have read. But I did have an incredible Kundalini experience.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Kunga wrote:What I'm referring to is the selfless behavior of an altruistic bodhisattva type person.
Selfless behavior is often still seen in relation to other selves and their selfish behavior. Truly selfless behavior might just as well look horrible to our selves. Defies all we think we are.
]A buddha doesn't need to think about anything, like ordinary people do, their actions are perfect for any situation. Sometimes ordinary people can be spontaneous, but Buddhas are always spontaneous and perfect in whatever they do. Unlike an ordinary being.
Human thoughts and actions are not separable. Even a student would know that. And even his thoughts can be "spontaneous" and appropriate, even directed where direction is required. The danger with your statement is that you are creating a magical being with no base in any reality. Does that work for you?
It's still a little fuzzy to me....most of my comprehension is from what I have read. But I did have an incredible Kundalini experience.
That's fine of course. But don't run too far ahead now as the "road" is long and winding. Experiences now seeming incredible can be looked back up as blessed children's play. The first bells. That's my experience. It's up to you to benefit from it or not.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Diebert and comprehension is a contradiction in terms.
Snarl! Busting in and all that effort to make this one-liner. We'll draw all the nasty grudge out of you yet, Dennis.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Kunga,
Yes. And I am trying my best to be a useful tool at this forum
The key is not to argue that there are independent objects that mean different things 'depending on the context'.

The crucial point is that at any given moment, every tool is plugged into cer­tain limited systems of machinery while excluded from others.

The idea that an individual tool, solitary in effect, (subjectivity) is an error in thinking.

The table, enacting its toolness supporting apples and oranges.
Well, if you can't see Infinite being in it then it's 'same shit different day'.
Bliss.