feminists are more hypocritical than I thought.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: feminists are more hypocritical than I thought.

Post by Dennis Mahar »

It's quite simple.
If you 'listen' to somebody speaking or writing.

There's an attachment.
Something is believed to exist inherently.
It is insisted upon.
Meaning 'held'.
A Story.

and now for the punchline...it's empty.

the left hand has to know what the right hand is doing.

David says the mas/fem thing is a 'useful construct'.

For what?
To what end?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Dennis Mahar wrote:It's quite simple. [snip]
Some understanding, "for what"?
Simplified, "to what end"?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

If a magician produces a woman and the audience shrieks yuk.

(;

geddit?
Diebert van Rhijn

Hmm, lets see, you are like the magician producing a woman?

Or are you just more hypocritical than we all thought?

For ever...
....ambiguity
and ....
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You provide the meaning.

it's empty and meaningless that it's empty and meaningless.

You provide the meaning.

(:
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:Or are you just more hypocritical than we all thought?

I don't think he is a hypocrite. He genuinely believes he ''gets it'' as far as I can see, because his definition of ''getting it'' is whatever makes him have some happy time. Ditto for SeekerOfWisdom, Beingof1 and the rest of the groovy gang.

Emptiness for these people, like God for Christians, is an all-purpose word that makes things fit into place just the way they like.

However, Dennis at least seems to recognise that some times emptiness can't make things fit into place.

Because attachment/inherent existence.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis understands a great deal. That's why I hold him to higher standards. But perhaps his nihilist tendencies will burn out over time.

The term hypocritical was mostly a reference to the thread title: Dennis as noble feminist :)
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

David says the mas/fem thing is a 'useful construct'.

Being the source of his own experience in-the -World because he is self-realised, what does it generate?

This 'useful construct' seems to be more than that, it looks like a Context, like a launching pad or spring board..... 'out of which'

An in order to for the sake of....

That implies it has 'workability'.
Breathing under water doesn't have workability.
What is the workability of the 'useful construct'.

The magician ( causality) produces form.
I am nothing.
An empty space.
A clearing for World to show up in.

I Am, I Am, I Am is proven to me because I experience.
and I have to craft a response to 'This'.
Awesome.
Astonishing.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:Dennis understands a great deal. That's why I hold him to higher standards. But perhaps his nihilist tendencies will burn out over time.
I disagree that he understands a great deal. What he's got is the tip of an iceberg, but he thinks it's Antarctica.

Nihilism can be a powerful propellant into greater realisation, but in Dennis' case it's an accoutrement of his satoris.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

The Buddha, reborn as a god on the tongues of lambs, is not the real Buddha. If you see him on the road, kill him!
Between Suicides
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Opinions don't cut it, what are you protecting?

Can you tell me about the 'useful construct'.

In order to for the sake of?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

jupiviv wrote:
Emptiness for these people, like God for Christians, is an all-purpose word that makes things fit into place just the way they like.

It's ironic, you use 'emptiness' just like Christians use 'God'. Emptiness for you is a concept, you talk about it and imagine it but have never recognized emptiness. As if it's a thing, just one of the many you've collected along the way.

It means when you 'look' at something like 'suffering', you don't see 'suffering'. The same goes for 'good'/'bad', etc.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:
jupiviv wrote:

It's ironic, you use 'emptiness' just like Christians use 'God'. Emptiness for you is a concept, you talk about it and imagine it but have never recognized emptiness. As if it's a thing, just one of the many you've collected along the way.

I don't even use the word "emptiness" except on this forum when I criticise some forum members' usage of it. E.g:
It means when you 'look' at something like 'suffering', you don't see 'suffering'. The same goes for 'good'/'bad', etc.
So it means that when you look at things you don't see them? This is exactly what I was talking about when I said that emptiness is an all-purpose word for you. Sometimes it may be a feeling of joy/relief and at other times a reason for the non-existence of a bothersome thought/distinction. In your mind it all equates to "getting it" as long as you relate it to some Buddhist jargon.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

So it means that when you look at things you don't see them? This is exactly what I was talking about when I said that emptiness is an all-purpose word for you. Sometimes it may be a feeling of joy/relief and at other times a reason for the non-existence of a bothersome thought/distinction. In your mind it all equates to "getting it" as long as you relate it to some Buddhist jargon.
That is emptiness.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
That is emptiness.
Indeed it is, but you don't understand that yet.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Yeah, I get it,
You've got an ace up your sleeve.
it's your 'calling card'.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

jupiviv wrote:
So it means that when you look at things you don't see them?

It means you make distinctions and impose quality/meaning such as "good"/"bad", when in reality all things lack inherent meaning.

Yet you already knew this description and have heard it before, is there something 'wrong' with it? :)
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Yeah, I get it,
You've got an ace up your sleeve.

A person who knows a melody can't necessarily play it on the violin. For the same reason, someone who talks about a certain idea or uses a certain word doesn't necessarily understand what it means, implies etc. My reply to you is certainly, as you said, emptiness. But based on what you've said elsewhere, you clearly don't know what "emptiness" means. It's just a vague term you used to generate a zennish response, like if I responded to this post with "two mountains appear". It creates nothing except a new imaginary triumph for your carefully hidden ego.
SeekerOfWisdom wrote:It means you make distinctions and impose quality/meaning such as "good"/"bad", when in reality all things lack inherent meaning.
Lacking inherent meaning has nothing to do with distinction-making. Again, this is exactly what I was talking about - emptiness, inherent existence and all the rest are just alibis for philosophical incompetence.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

A person who knows a melody can't necessarily play it on the violin. For the same reason, someone who talks about a certain idea or uses a certain word doesn't necessarily understand what it means, implies etc. My reply to you is certainly, as you said, emptiness. But based on what you've said elsewhere, you clearly don't know what "emptiness" means. It's just a vague term you used to generate a zennish response, like if I responded to this post with "two mountains appear". It creates nothing except a new imaginary triumph for your carefully hidden ego.
That is emptiness.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

That is emptiness.
Yes, and so are the psychopath, wisdom, the fundie religionist and the moron.

Emptiness = Form, Form = Emptiness.

In which form is your emptiness?
Between Suicides
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
That is emptiness.
It isn't, but you don't understand that yet.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

That is emptiness.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:
That is emptiness.
Running through the Mahar Translation Module it says: "Right now I care not to care about it".
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

jupiviv wrote:
SeekerOfWisdom wrote:It means you make distinctions and impose quality/meaning such as "good"/"bad", when in reality all things lack inherent meaning.
Lacking inherent meaning has nothing to do with distinction-making.

Yes it does.

Is that the end of your query?