It's been 13 months since my last visit

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Animus

It's been 13 months since my last visit

Post by Animus »

Stuff was pretty crazy back then. I had that showdown with my girlfriend on here. We broke up eventually and now I remember this place. It seems like that was a long long time ago and not just over a year. I see it's all the same people here doing pretty much the same thing. I cracked up reading through the threads. How is everyone doing?

I've been taking a high-school equivalency course in World Religion, working on Buddhism now. It's kind of messed up but its for credit. You know, I just tell them what they want to hear. Its slow going because I get sidetracked with other interests. I spent a good chunk of time yesterday looking up research papers on vertebral artery dissection following cervical spinal adjustment to fulfill a redditor's request for a source. Stuff like that bugs me when my cousins come to me saying they have "subluxation degeneration phase I" and need weekly high-velocity/high-amplitude neck-wrenching spinal adjustments and I know that is linked pretty strongly to death.

But you know I spent something like 4 years arguing with people about shit like that and it really doesn't go anywhere. My cousins are still going to the chiropractor after showing them all the research papers and case studies of people who became hemiplegic following chiropractic adjustment. I've learned that delusion is incredibly versatile. It matters not that the whole field was founded by a grocer named D.D. Palmer and that chiropractic loosely translated means "Hand job". Nothing can shake their confidence in those beliefs.

One of my ex-girlfriend's relatives and her husband got into peddling GanoExcel on all her friends and family as part of a pyramid scheme that has ultimately cost them a lot of money. They pawned it off on my father as a cure-all for his diabetes (type II) and as a supplement to his anticoagulant (warfarin). They had no idea that toxicology studies on the active ingredient ganoderma lucidum indicated it had both an anticoagulant and hypoglycemic effect and that doctors recommended not drinking it if diabetic or on anticoagulant because the effect would be unbalanced. They didn't know anything about it but bought hook, line and sinker into the marketing. I spent some long nights digging through information to find out if it was safe and found that it wasn't for some people. Then I got chastised over and over for being a party-pooper and peeing all over everyone's rice crispies, so-to-speak. I watched in horror as these two attempted to perform chiropractic adjustments on each other.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: It's been 13 months since my last visit

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hi there. Nice to see you're still rolling. But I see it's all the same with you too, being sidetracked and cracked up mostly. :-)

It doesn't add up, you say you spent 4 years arguing which didn't go anywhere but you are still looking up research papers for a similar case? You need break up with more than just the GF.
Unidian

Re: It's been 13 months since my last visit

Post by Unidian »

Glad that relationship ended. It was clearly bad.

My own crappy relationship (which was somewhat similar to yours) also ended, and now I am with someone far more compatible.

Here's to change.
I live in a tub.