To what degree can we weed out our delusions on reality?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Tomas

Re: To what degree can we weed out our delusions on reality?

Post by Tomas »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:When is it Diebert asked me that? I made an account ages ago used it for a little, stopped using it for ages, forgot password, made a new account, you can check the posts if you like and you will see that the account did not make a single post since seekerofwisdom started, not to mention I thought this was obvious to anyone I spoke to seeing as I said my full name both times plus I was talking about the exact same thing to the same people.

You get with the program and stop following the young pup around, when was the last time you were actually posting about anything else besides commenting solely to pester people?
1138 posts of nothing but the beginning of philosophy. Yap, yap, yap.
Don't run to your death
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

There is no such thing as philosophy, the beginning is the end at least for me, either way, good night Tomas.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Tomas wrote:
Cahoot wrote:
Thomas wrote:Nineteen and still playing games thought up by someone else.
Internal question: Are you playing games thought up by someone else? Great constructive enquiry for any stage of life. Thanks Thomas.
There is no h in my name.
BTW - It is 'inquiry' not enquiry. You've been reading too many rags at the checkout line.
Thanks, Hootie ;-)

I'll give some thought to your question.
Ah, Sir Tomas. The question mark was not for you personally, but a rephrasing of your statement into a generalized question that would be excellent for any person to ask themselves. In fact, applying your insight goes straight to the root of a person's life.

It's not so much that one should not play games made up by someone else. Sometimes, often times, we all must do that. But if someone must play games made up by someone else, the insight you freely offer is a great gift of awareness and perspective. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that knowing what's going on, that one is playing the game of another, or not playing the games of another, is the mark of adulthood, and if kept in mind will allow a person's personal dignity to flourish.

I have always preferred enquiry to inquiry, and preferred towards to toward. All are valid, if not popular, usages according to Fowler's Modern English Usage, Third Edition, which is "the acknowledged authority on English usage," at least according to the book jacket. ;-) The British form, enquiry, was in popular use in the early 20th century and is now restricted to the general sense of the word.

Interesting that I both saw and heard a non-existent letter in your screen name. Interesting that DELUSION* slipped that "h" in. The phonetic spelling that I heard in my mind was "Tah-mas." But now the silent voice pronounces it another way, and my eyes see the truth.

Pre-emptive response: one need not be knighted by the queen to be a sir.

*note: thread relevance

Seeker, with your high intelligence it is possible to turn everything that comes at you in life into a great gift.
chikoka

Post by chikoka »

Hi seeker

Are you honest?
Coz if you are,then you must believe that we are all empty appearances.
you keep avoiding that question.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

I doubt a person can be intelligent while at the same time being a clueless fool. At least not if we are sticking to definitions from Fowler's Modern English Usage.
And was that in reference to Tomas? If so I see your meaning as something similar to... "I was taught tolerance by the intolerant" and the such, although I could have misunderstood.

Yes chikoka I am honest, and yes we are all empty appearances who are as real and full as we ever were.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:I doubt a person can be intelligent while at the same time being a clueless fool. At least not if we are sticking to definitions from Fowler's Modern English Usage.
And was that in reference to Tomas? If so I see your meaning as something similar to... "I was taught tolerance by the intolerant" and the such, although I could have misunderstood.

Yes chikoka I am honest, and yes we are all empty appearances who are as real and full as we ever were.
Not sure of your meaning, but my meaning was not to call you or Tomas a clueless fool, though at times I certainly am that.

btw: I just tried to look up the word "intelligent" in Fowler's, and it ain't in there.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

No no, I was calling myself a clueless fool showing how I couldn't be considered intelligent.

And when you said it is a possibility to turn everything that comes at you in life into a great gift I thought you were referring to Tomas and learning from any confrontation, or was it just a general statement? If so I already see everything in life as a great gift, Dennis uses the word "majestic", I would say miracle.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:No no, I was calling myself a clueless fool showing how I couldn't be considered intelligent.

And when you said it is a possibility to turn everything that comes at you in life into a great gift I thought you were referring to Tomas and learning from any confrontation, or was it just a general statement? If so I already see everything in life as a great gift, Dennis uses the word "majestic", I would say miracle.
I see. To clarify, the word "everything" moved the comment from the specific to the general. Inductive reasoning.

And your question leads to what could be the beginning of an enlightening inquiry (nod and acquiescence to Tomas' game.)
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

-.-

Hit me with some good inquiry then.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:-.-

Hit me with some good inquiry then.
Okay.

I inquired again in Fowler's and found the word "intelligent."

Thus the inquiry: Not finding it simply means you can't find it. Not finding it does not mean it isn't there. a = a.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

And is that in relation to my understanding? If so then I inquire as to why you would assume something to exist if it has never been found or known.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

All exists within infinite potentiality. Manifestations are finite.