I, Unidian, "Naturyl," James Quirk, am a popcorn maker.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Unidian

I, Unidian, "Naturyl," James Quirk, am a popcorn maker.

Post by Unidian »

Yes, I am making this claim, although of course not on behalf of "myself," but rather on behalf of all sentient beings.

I do not exist, and yet the appearance of "me" presents itself. It is very simple to understand when the time is right.

A=A= consciousness. The awareness which is Nature is shared by one and all, whether they realize or not. Life = Life.

Time and space are illusions, yet persistent. They persist due to our given perceptions. Read Chuang-Tsu and learn.
Last edited by Unidian on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in a tub.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: I, Unidian, "Naturyl," James Quirk, am enlightened.

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Never mind all that. How is Liz doing?
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

She's fine, thanks.

She is working on writing a book.
I live in a tub.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

I believe you, you are me after all.

None of the objects are in existence and all that is exists of the mind, hard to discover, easy to put in practice. Do you put it in practice? Enlightenment isn't only the realization, it's also acting in accordance, or not acting.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

"I do not exist, and yet the appearance of "me" presents itself."

The projection nature of everything and your self, illusion buddies?
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Buddies indeed. :)
I live in a tub.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

"Yes, I am making this claim, although of course not on behalf of "myself," but rather on behalf of all sentient beings.

I do not exist, and yet the appearance of "me" presents itself. It is very simple to understand when the time is right.

A=A= consciousness. The awareness which is Nature is shared by one and all, whether they realize or not. Life = Life.

Time and space are illusions, yet persistent. They persist due to our given perceptions. Read Chuang-Tsu and learn."

Big deal buddy! Woopi doooo! for you...
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Going to start pointing out every person who comments for the singular reason of making sarcastic insults and showing off how ignorant they are.

It is supposed to be a place for smart people, not people who make ignorant comments like yours uncledote.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

Going to start pointing out every person who comments for the singular reason of making sarcastic insults and showing off how ignorant they are.

It is supposed to be a place for smart people, not people who make ignorant comments like yours uncledote.
If you have to proclaim it from the rooftops, then you probably ain't got 'it'. The ego has many tricks to play...
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Woopi doo! :)
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:Woopi doo! :)
Indeed.
chikoka

Post by chikoka »

Unidian wrote:I do not exist
Do you notice that you are assuming what you are denying. first you say "I" and then "not I"
where "not I" is equivalent to "do not exist" , violating the very axiom (that of identity) that you later give examples of.
chikoka

Post by chikoka »

I just read you thread on descartes and i think you fell into the same error (if its that) of saying "I" in "I do not exist"

How can "you be so sure of anything[esp. the OP] , if there is no you."
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

It's all good people. I got un-enlightened, and then enlightened again. Even more fun. I think today I will try to get at least 10% more enlightened. Where's Prince/Blair with his enlightenment scale? I'm still mad that gave me and my ex the same score.
I live in a tub.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Do you notice that you are assuming what you are denying. first you say "I" and then "not I"
where "not I" is equivalent to "do not exist" , violating the very axiom (that of identity) that you later give examples of.

I just read you thread on descartes and i think you fell into the same error (if its that) of saying "I" in "I do not exist"

How can "you be so sure of anything[esp. the OP] , if there is no you."
Yes, it's a paradox, or a koan. Not amenable to rational closure. You have to get enlightened to understand it. Or at least wicked stoned.
I live in a tub.
chikoka

Post by chikoka »

Unidian wrote:Not amenable to rational closure.
So you confes that what you say is not rational?
A paradox is what proof by reducto absurdum uses to prove what something is not.
If you concede that your veiws bring about a paradox then that proves them wrong by definition.
Diebert van Rhijn

chikoka wrote:A paradox is what proof by reducto absurdum uses to prove what something is not.
This is not true, it really means a seeming contradiction but allows for resolution nevertheless. This is the common usage, there's actually the art of constructing paradoxes in a way that with some effort the illusive nature of the apparent contradiction still can be discovered. This is called solving the paradox but it's not done with another paradox but by reasoning, flexibility, insight and tenacity.

That being said, the term is indeed remarkably often used by some folks as a simple stand-in replacement for any "contradiction which just works". But what's really being said here is that there's something which seems like a contradiction and no inquiry is needed anymore. Or in other words, just an unexamined contradiction.
chikoka

Post by chikoka »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:This is called solving the paradox but it's not done with another paradox but by reasoning, flexibility, insight and tenacity.
But unidian doesnt want to be rational?
Diebert van Rhijn

Unidian wrote:Yes, it's a paradox, or a koan. Not amenable to rational closure. You have to get enlightened to understand it. Or at least wicked stoned.
Koans are actually completely reasonable. They only ask you to shift perspective a bit and perhaps again. You need to be quite agile to understand that.
ROB

Post by ROB »

Jamesh,

I have brutally returned from space. These are the facts. We created the universe. Being one with you and all it's sphinxes. Don't turn me away you brute!
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

There is a human logic and a logic of peace. The human logic is A=A (a thing is a a thing, it is what it is and not something else, dependent origination, cause and effect, consciousness). It is rationally unassailable. The logic of peace is A=B (or A=Z) - a thing is what it is not, and everything else, absolute infinity, unity, non-duality, non-thought, beyond rationality). It is trans-rational and has no resolution in terms of human logic. It is intuited directly as a leap beyond the restrictive limits of "sense and nonsense." It is the other shore. It is the logic of compassion, which upholds the universe.

The skeptics can and will say "this makes no sense" or that it "contradicts itself." They are welcome to do so, for it is beyond their ken.
I live in a tub.
ROB

Post by ROB »

Peace is summoned by the devil's ring, the gradual pull of madness. Idk
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Do you love Satan?
I live in a tub.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Unidian wrote:There is a human logic and a logic of peace. The human logic is A=A (a thing is a a thing, it is what it is and not something else, dependent origination, cause and effect, consciousness). It is rationally unassailable. The logic of peace is A=B (or A=Z) - a thing is what it is not, and everything else, absolute infinity, unity, non-duality, non-thought, beyond rationality). It is trans-rational and has no resolution in terms of human logic. It is intuited directly as a leap beyond the restrictive limits of "sense and nonsense." It is the other shore. It is the logic of compassion, which upholds the universe.

The skeptics can and will say "this makes no sense" or that it "contradicts itself." They are welcome to do so, for it is beyond their ken.
Most people have plenty of their own thoughts and after having thought most all of them don't have much need for more. That's about the time when peace of mind, rather than distractions, engages attention. When peace of mind permeates being then rationality becomes the presentation. Rationality has some appealing qualities recognized and valued by humanity, which makes existence less of a struggle, promotes equanimity and detachment, and allows mind to realize the pleasure found in any activity, even activities not conventionally associated with pleasure.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Correct, but rationality is ultimately not the truth. It's important to remember this as well.
I live in a tub.