Earth is Paradise

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pye

Re: Earth is Paradise

Post by Pye »

jupiviv writes: It's obvious this is not true, at least not literally. Life doesn't seek the promotion of itself any more than non-life. What we define to be "life" has existed for a period of time, and that's all there is to it.
This is rather why the whole of existence cannot be separated from itself, even if and when life appears or does not appear, or any other phenomena, for that matter. What's here, is the only sense in which I use the word "promotion": the continuation of its here-ness.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:Ah, but aren't you here just exchanging "human blood" with "life blood", like a globalist exchanging national blood with blue helmets? Perhaps a stronger loyalty to self-image remains always part of the parcel, assuming the image hasn't come to us from beyond time or through time, backwards even.
I get from the quote that life is The consciousness of appearance, Appearance is for me that which lives and is effective.

Now, you may want to ask if "the sublime consistency and interrelatednes of all knowledge is the highest means to preserve the universality of dreaming, and the mutual comprehension of all dreamers, and thus also the continuation of the dream.", is this universality, comprehension, and continuation, human blood or life blood?

But as Zarathustra wrote: "what is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal: what is lovable in man is that he is an over-going and a down-going".
: )
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Even though it often sucks, this is indeed the best possible world. If that seems shocking, you should ask yourself what other *workable* options exist in the context of this particular space-time continuum, such as it is.
I live in a tub.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Pye wrote:What's here, is the only sense in which I use the word "promotion": the continuation of its here-ness.
I don't know what you mean by "here-ness" here,
So please be a bit more clear.

If you mean existing at the present time, then there is no necessity for that which exists now to continue existing, or to have existed.

In case you mean existing, then *everything* including all of time is "here", and so there is no question of the continuation of here-ness.
ROB

Post by ROB »

Please-
Don't ban Me! I'm sorry, Crux!

There is life under the sea.
ROB

Post by ROB »

Jamesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
brad walker

Post by brad walker »

Pye, during my last visit I updated my profile and posted primarily to reveal some method of the madness and to conclude my plotting circularly.

Dennis, a few years ago I abruptly and violently faced the possibilities of death or a worse fate.

Chapter three, "10,000 B.C: The Geology of Morals (Who Does The Earth Think It Is?)", is an artful restatement of Deleuze's metaphysics. In it Arthur Conan Doyle's Professor Challenger makes an appearance to represent the voice of the text.
A Thousand Plateaus pg 57 wrote:Most of the audience had left (the first to go were the Marinetians with their double articulation, followed by the Hjelmslevians with their content and expression, and the biologists with their proteins and nucleic acids). The only ones left were the mathematicians, accustomed to other follies, along with a few astrologers, archaeologists, and scattered individuals. Challenger, moreover, had changed since the beginning of his talk. His voice had become hoarser, broken occasionally by an apish cough. His dream was not so much to give a lecture to humans as to provide a program for pure computers. Or else he was dreaming of an axiomatic, for axiomatics deals essentially with stratification. Challenger was addressing himself to memory only...