How can someone become a genius

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
settfire1234

How can someone become a genius

Post by settfire1234 »

What are the specific steps needed to become a genius
SeekerOfWisdom

Re: How can someone become a genius

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Step 1) Read

Step 2) Think for yourself
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

1. Never make assumptions.
2. Never let the mind come to conclusions.
3. Never be a new-age skeptic. New-age skeptics are negative judgementalists.
4. Observe.
5. Analyze in a logical way if you have the desire to.
6. Do it yourself. Don't expect someone to hand you over the answer.
7. Use the internet as a tool, not to give you the complete answer.
professional of energy.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

1) do not produce lists of specific steps
2) see 1)
3a)
  • IV.
    • decreet 3948FA:
        • Be skeptical about anything sounding new age. It's mostly additional noise.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Fight! Fight! Fight!
brad walker

Post by brad walker »

8. Never post a thread beginning "I'm curious to know if there is other masterminds out there" and assume anyone has replied to it seriously. It's your funeral.
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

brad walker wrote:8. Never post a thread beginning "I'm curious to know if there is other masterminds out there" and assume anyone has replied to it seriously. It's your funeral.
Hahahah. Is there? Wrong thread by the way!

Do you know what an animal who doesn't follow their instincts is called?
professional of energy.
T1 ONE

Post by T1 ONE »

? ! =
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

settfire1234 wrote:What are the specific steps needed to become a genius
Send me 108 Million dollars and I'll give you 108 specific steps :)
danish1717

Post by danish1717 »

Consistency wrote: 1. Never make assumptions.
2. Never let the mind come to conclusions.
Akademic people want you to believe that there is a difference between assumptions and conclusions, but its the same. You can't avoid assumming/concluding. Often the complete blind self ignorant people think they are anti-assumming/concluding open-minded....however being open-minded in the way of not caring about peoples assumptions and conclusions makes a greater understanding.
Consistency wrote: 3. Never be a new-age skeptic. New-age skeptics are negative judgementalists.
Very strange to conclude or assume that....when your point was not to conclude or assume anything...Concerning "negative judgementalists": I will have to repete: Being open-minded in the way of not caring about peoples assumptions and conclusions makes a greater understanding. So why care about new-age skeptics?
Consistency wrote: 5. Analyze in a logical way if you have the desire to.
You can also choise a straitjacket, heavy medication and long vacation on the psych yard doing it the non-logical way.....a genuises mind seems to seek originality and creativity.... originality and creativity seems to borderline craziness.....
Consistency wrote: 6. Do it yourself. Don't expect someone to hand you over the answer.
Expect too many people to have the answer, but its just smalltalk, longwinded pointless intellectual crap or a big lack of "Think for yourself"
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

T1 ONE wrote:? ! =
Domesticated.
Akademic people want you to believe that there is a difference between assumptions and conclusions, but its the same. You can't avoid assumming/concluding. Often the complete blind self ignorant people think they are anti-assumming/concluding open-minded....however being open-minded in the way of not caring about peoples assumptions and conclusions makes a greater understanding.
You signed up to write this nonsense? You misunderstood my whole list.

I ain't academic and have never heard that from academics... making an assumption..

An assumption is a false hypothesis.

A conclusion is either false truth or part truth.

When did I say I cared about what negative people thought?
Very strange to conclude or assume that....when your point was not to conclude or assume anything...Concerning "negative judgementalists": I will have to repete: Being open-minded in the way of not caring about peoples assumptions and conclusions makes a greater understanding. So why care about new-age skeptics?
Who said I cared? Making assumptions... I am only warning about the pitfalls of thinking like them.

New-age skeptics are negative people, its an observable fact. They never discover the truth about anything because they are lazy.. its easier for them to put someone down then to do the work.
You can also choise a straitjacket, heavy medication and long vacation on the psych yard doing it the non-logical way.....a genuises mind seems to seek originality and creativity.... originality and creativity seems to borderline craziness.....
We don't seek originality and creativity... we reject conformity and its barbaric way of doing things... then originality and creativity show up.

Try eating lots of boiled potatoes for a week... then let me know how craziness actually feels like after the solanine toxicity.
Consistency wrote: 6. Do it yourself. Don't expect someone to hand you over the answer.
Expect too many people to have the answer, but its just smalltalk, longwinded pointless intellectual crap or a big lack of "Think for yourself"
I didn't say that! wtf?? Twisting my words.

There is plenty of people who "think for themselves" and whine... spoiled brats... are they genius?
professional of energy.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Consistency,

what you seem to be an advocate for is not merely survival but an enhanced mode of survival called flourishing.
to flourish.
paying heed to the body/mind machine.
death comes but in the meantime, for the time being,
to flourish is the only game in town worth playing.
is that it in a nutshell?
danish1717

Post by danish1717 »

Consistency wrote: You signed up to write this nonsense? You misunderstood my whole list.
On the bright side: At least nonsense has a much better change of creating sense than no sence at all. Nothing stops you from taking the nonsence and turning it into sense.
Consistency wrote: I ain't academic and have never heard that from academics... making an assumption..

An assumption is a false hypothesis.

A conclusion is either false truth or part truth.
Not really.....Assumptions/hypothesis and conclusions are just something that could be false, truth or part truth...therefore I think people make a big fuss about deviding it into two categories.

They even make a bigger fuss about believing that they dont conclude anything, but hopefully they do:

There is a man with an axe in the center of city....now people that believe they dont conclude/assume anything have no problem with him...However, I conclude that this might be a mass murderer and avoid him....

Its a mistery how people can come to the conclusion that they dont conclude anything. Of cause they do...However, some people think that being open-minded is a non-concluding point of view, but its not.

Open-minded is just not being influenced and disturbed by a lot of things that would not really make a difference in the context of speaking to each other. Like I would not care about the extremely bad rumours about Scientology or think about all the potential evil inside a sociopath. If they got something to say of higher importance, then I will listen. Meaning I am not critical towards, what most people would be paying attention too, but critical towards what they are saying.
Consistency wrote: New-age skeptics are negative people, its an observable fact. They never discover the truth about anything because they are lazy.. its easier for them to put someone down then to do the work.
Not at all. Its a very good thing to be very lazy sometimes, take as many shortcuts as possible and just deal with communication that gets to the point. At all end of the day, reality is still here and can be found by just reflecting, but some people are too lazy to reflect for themselves and will adapt to preprogrammed ideas and concepts of others...thats being lazy in a bad way. However, I will exchange information with them, if its a get to the point communication.

Anyway, I just do what I want..No one can insult me....I dont care about skeptics....To some degree its my own fault related to the lack of communication skills if my perception of the world has no meaning to others, and the rest is related to me being very arrogant suffering from servere grandiosity and believing that 99,99467% are smalltalking ignorants.
Consistency wrote: Try eating lots of boiled potatoes for a week... then let me know how craziness actually feels like after the solanine toxicity.
I just eat meat and very fat food. It speeds up might my brain and metabolism. I do all the things that are wrong. Doing the opposite is the smartest thing to do.
Consistency wrote: There is plenty of people who "think for themselves" and whine... spoiled brats... are they genius?
I dont see any relationship between "think for themselves", whine and spoiled brats. Please elaborate on that conclusive statement....
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Consistency,

what you seem to be an advocate for is not merely survival but an enhanced mode of survival called flourishing.
to flourish.
paying heed to the body/mind machine.
death comes but in the meantime, for the time being,
to flourish is the only game in town worth playing.
is that it in a nutshell?
Very wise, as always.

@danish1717

Check your grammar on what words actually mean and how they fit into sentenses instead of twisting words to fit your twisted mind's view point.

You can't conclude(end a statement) in your mind that he might be a mass murderer unless you have information to state that he is one. You assume he is one.

You don't learn anything by taking shortcuts and being lazy. Reflecting is the opposite of laziness.

Reflecting = activity
Laziness = inactivity

When did I state I cared about skeptics?

Meat taxes the adrenal glands. Neither meat nor fish increases brain size. You're eating the wrong type of fat.

Correction: "There is plenty of people who "think for themselves" and whine. These are called spoiled brats. Are they genius?

Address the OP's question.
professional of energy.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Address what? Someone needs to ask the OP to say what he thinks a genius actually is. Otherwise, what is one addressing?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

The OP is asking how to become a genius because he is a teenager, also trying to write an essay or short story for an assignment, a damn 5 year old could come on here post a thread and set off a 100 comment argument :P

Dan, add an IM feature to the site, please :b
danish1717

Post by danish1717 »

Consistency wrote:Check your grammar on what words actually mean and how they fit into sentenses instead of twisting words to fit your twisted mind's view point..
I dont mind being a word-twisting twisted mind...However, please explain why its important not to conclude or assume anything to back up your definition of a genius....
Consistency wrote:You don't learn anything by taking shortcuts and being lazy. Reflecting is the opposite of laziness.
Reflecting = activity
Laziness = inactivity.
No....Its like the ADHD patient that read and read, debate and debate, going from topic to topic, but dont prioritize whats important. Its just the kick from the hyperactivity and not seeing the huge amouth of irrelevant non-important stupid noise with a common sense level that could not beat a normal smalltalking facebook profile...Too many people presenting longwinded non-simplified reality-lacking intellectual and philosophical ignorant trash camouflaged with fancy words and misunderstood academic-internal-coded information like there were crackmeth addicted abstinences related to an servere abstract-rhetoric-abuse instead of getting to the point....I am not gonna waste my time...I am gonna be lazy and pick out the information that deals with the get to the point points...
Consistency wrote:When did I state I cared about skeptics?
Its definitely overcarrying when someone puts it in the difinition of a genius as you did:
Consistency wrote:3. Never be a new-age skeptic. New-age skeptics are negative judgementalists..
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

I dont mind being a word-twisting twisted mind...However, please explain why its important not to conclude or assume anything to back up your definition of a genius....
The title says how can someone become a genius. Not what is a genius.

Read this: http://savageminds.org/2012/04/20/assume-and-conclude/

Just because two words are synonyms does not mean that their definitions are EXACTLY the same. Why have two words?

Why its important not to assume and come to conclusions? Simply because it would be fiction rather than observable facts. One can come to conclusions with small pieces of observable facts but they'll always have a small piece of the puzzle of the complete truth.. the complete picture. Instead of letting the mind come to conclusions.. its much more efficient using awareness if you have it and using it to make an hypothesis after hypothesis from the observable data and letting the observable data come to the conclusion on their own. Than remain in amusement at the intelligence of the creator(s). Somewhat like making a puzzle with more than 1000 pieces yet more complex.
I am not gonna waste my time...I am gonna be lazy and pick out the information that deals with the get to the point points...
Which point are you trying to get to?
Its definitely overcarrying when someone puts it in the difinition of a genius as you did:
Consistency wrote:3. Never be a new-age skeptic. New-age skeptics are negative judgementalists..
Read the title again... how can someone become a genius. The title doesn't ask what is a genius.

This discussion started because you came to a conclusion on the assumption that my list was about "what is a genius".

Read this also: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... blications
professional of energy.
danish1717

Post by danish1717 »

Consistency wrote:The title says how can someone become a genius. Not what is a genius.
So a genius starts concluding and assuming later on, but not in the proces of becoming a genius? Your answer will of cause be: No, a genius always have a non-concluding and non-assuming awareness point of view....meaning: How to become a genius is also what defines a genius in that specific case.
Consistency wrote:Why its important not to assume and come to conclusions? Simply because it would be fiction rather than observable facts. One can come to conclusions with small pieces of observable facts but they'll always have a small piece of the puzzle of the complete truth.. the complete picture. Instead of letting the mind come to conclusions.. its much more efficient using awareness if you have it and using it to make an hypothesis after hypothesis from the observable data and letting the observable data come to the conclusion on their own. Than remain in amusement at the intelligence of the creator(s). Somewhat like making a puzzle with more than 1000 pieces yet more complex.
Here I wont disagree. Its a way of approaching reality. Not a way I use, but it might work to some degree. The only problem is a hypothesis is an assumption....so why not leave out point nr 1 and called it a non-conclusive awareness-using complex-hypothesis-puzzle self-creative-conclusion approach.
Consistency wrote:Which point are you trying to get to?
Just the points.....
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

danish1717 wrote:So a genius starts concluding and assuming later on, but not in the process of becoming a genius? Your answer will of cause(course) be: No, a genius always have(has) a non-concluding and non-assuming awareness point of view....meaning: How to become a genius is also what defines a genius in that specific case.
Nope. This makes no sense. Observe and experiment instead of making shit up by making assumptions. Simple as that.
Here I wont disagree. Its a way of approaching reality. Not a way I use, but it might work to some degree. The only problem is a hypothesis is an assumption....so why not leave out point nr 1 and called it a non-conclusive awareness-using complex-hypothesis-puzzle self-creative-conclusion approach.
You make yourself look like an idiot when you "believe" words mean something that they do not. What is the point in having different words if YOU believe they all have the same meaning?

hy·poth·e·sis/hīˈpäTHəsis/
Noun:

A supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.
A proposition made as a basis for reasoning, without any assumption of its truth.

as·sump·tion/əˈsəm(p)SHən/
Noun:

A thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof: "they made certain assumptions about the market".

Whats the difference?

Hypothesis means having limited evidence while an assumption means having no evidence. Making an hypothesis builds on a subject while making assumptions leaves you ignorant.

The point is to start using the power of awareness and hypothesis instead of making assumptions and coming to conclusions. It seems, without awareness, one cannot become a genius, therefore one is born a genius.

You're only digging your own grave by your inconsistent way of thinking.
professional of energy.
danish1717

Post by danish1717 »

Consistency wrote:You make yourself look like an idiot when you "believe" words mean something that they do not. What is the point in having different words if YOU believe they all have the same meaning?
I simply dont care at all. Its just how I do it and I explained why.

science and academic approach = slow

Therefore there must be another way.

New age = another approach that you cannot deny as a reasonsable approach

But so far no product at all, even though it is performed by many people and is not a new thing. No newsmedia has ever reported a genius theory comming out of new age. Maybe because its not really an open-minded approach, hence the following statement:
Consistency wrote:You're only digging your own grave by your inconsistent way of thinking..
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

I simply dont care at all. Its just how I do it and I explained why.
I understood you perfectly... be open-minded. You didn't understand my list. My list was not to point out what is a genius but simply how to not think like everyone else... hence become a genius or at least something very close to one. You revealed how much you don't understand the english language.
science and academic approach = slow
Not if you're an autodidact.
Therefore there must be another way.

New age = another approach that you cannot deny as a reasonable approach
I wasn't referring to the new-age movement. I was referring to the lazy incompetent youngsters who just judge negatively and believe they are skeptics.
But so far no product at all, even though it is performed by many people and is not a new thing. No newsmedia has ever reported a genius theory coming out of new age. Maybe because its not really an open-minded approach, hence the following statement:
Consistency wrote:You're only digging your own grave by your inconsistent way of thinking..
You're twisting dialog to fit your view point. My statement was directed at you for your lack of understanding of the meanings of words. It has nothing to do with a genius theory or being open-minded.

Believing that different words have the same meaning is being closed-minded.

Closest definition with missing information I've found about Genius. http://www.paulcooijmans.com/genius/
professional of energy.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

settfire1234 wrote:What are the specific steps needed to become a genius
Ok, first off, what do you think a genius actually is? No-one can sensibly address your question without knowing what you mean by the terms within it. Be aware, also, that I require a response to this question otherwise I'll be forced to consider your posting to be pseudo-trolling.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Genius: someone who knows what they know and what they don't know, and has discovered what they don't know is everything but the knowledge of their ignorance, and the knowledge of delusion, the only absolute knowledge, it stands no matter what
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:Genius: someone who knows what they know and what they don't know, and has discovered what they don't know is everything but the knowledge of their ignorance(lack of knowledge), and the knowledge of delusion, the only absolute knowledge, it stands no matter what
I agree with it however I would have worded it differently. Make it more simplistic.

Genius: Michael Faraday.

Genius: Intellect with the important knowledge. A genius knows that knowledge for its own sake is useless.
professional of energy.