A few topics...what are your thougts?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
brad walker

Re: A few topics...what are your thougts?

Post by brad walker »

dr gonzo

Post by dr gonzo »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:He would be better off if he didn't think the psychedelics were his holy treasures of spiritual knowledge.

dr gonzo, don't do LSD or mushrooms anymore, you've had your fun, just accept it, move on, and chill out with some harmless green
Dear "Seeker of Wisdom" I do not believe, let a lone think, that psychedelics are my holy treasures of spiritual knowledge...they are but a tool, able to be used by some, to gain an insight into the working of certain aspects of life and gain some understanding of the workings of the mind.BTW green is not as harmless as one might percieve.Even though it can be viewed as a soft or mellow option, it can have certain, profound psycho/physicological effects on many beings.i don't believe in catergories or religion as such as the mere title of a religious sect or belief, I personally believe, is segregist in itself.we should all be as ONE.same DNA, same abilties across the board of race and geographical location as anyone else.whatever people can do, tolerate or handle to there own degree is there own perogative...you may feel qualified to tell people when to start and stop and participate in different activities but I put to you that you are no better than a government attempting to put your views and beliefs onto someone you have never met before.guidance is an appreciated mechanism of teaching, but not judgemental banishment of my someone elses own life choices.I respond to this in complete peace and do not wish to begin a feud or build a wall in the community, I just have things straight from the start....
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

"to gain an insight into the working of certain aspects of life and gain some understanding of the workings of the mind"

Yes we are one, and there is no wall being built. I am only pointing out that once you have done it once gonzo there is no need for more, you know this, you've already discovered that change of perspective that will eventually bring about eternal life in you, I am not judging you, just saying you already know that more is not necessary or even a good idea.
dr gonzo

Post by dr gonzo »

Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate what you are saying,but I'm not in total agreement about not doing it again.I get the point and while I'm not up for any intensive psychotropic therapy or for prolonged regular use,I never say never.I think there are many aspects and parameters yet to be explored.but you only have to look at Terrance McKenna to see what to much of a good thing can do to someone.I am definitely more keenly aware of natural, mind body and soul ways of doing things these days rather than flooding my system with substances to gain an insight or whatever but I do enjoy the occasional trip down memory lane,if you'll excuse the pun LOL.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

When one is walking on a muddy path and he sees a fairer one just parallel to him he abandons the former right away. Are you seeking liberation or occasional intoxication? I myself have had a great time smoking green which has been harmless and I would normally have never considered ceasing these actions until I recently realized sensual desire or delight can bring fleeting happiness or satisfaction with no noticeable harm, but no desire leaves nothing to lose, permanent contentment.
dr gonzo

Post by dr gonzo »

I understand what your saying.I am just at the point where I dont wish to inflict abstinance of anything I deem enjoyable.restraint yes.so I guess occasional intoxication would be my answer as I dont feel the need to use for liberation purposes.although there is a quote that says "he who makes a beast of himself get rid of the pain of being a man".I take from this that occasional indulgence is fine.I dont need these things,I simply relish their company from time to time.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Good to hear, it is only attachment to such experiences that you have to be on the look out for.
dr gonzo

Post by dr gonzo »

Indeed :-)