Wise Quotes Collection

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
jufa

Re: Wise Quotes Collection

Post by jufa »

Obedience without restriction is where the Wisdom of God becomes overwhelming. - jufa

Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa

http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com
jufa

Post by jufa »

"Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” --- C. G. Jung

Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa

SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

"making the darkness conscious"

This is related to a question I posted at the end of "The Buddha- Fixing up philosophy" thread, the comment starts with "In addition to the original thread".
jufa

Post by jufa »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:"making the darkness conscious"

This is related to a question I posted at the end of "The Buddha- Fixing up philosophy" thread, the comment starts with "In addition to the original thread".
Does it? You must give me the question.

May we all find our own ways to address the many forms of hunger, and feed each other in the days to come.

Blessings and Happy Holidays!

SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Alrighty, and happy holidays to you to jufsta

The question

"we are "living" beings, experiencing consciousness, whether or not our bodies, forms and thoughts are only projections of the same illusory kind as a tree or wall, we are still experiencing awareness.

Now, it can be assumed that any other living being such as an animal is also experiencing such awareness, that they are feeling suffering or attachment, etc. This can be assumed for the same reason you have assumed that other persons are seeing and feeling.

But other forms are simply unknown to us, for example the tree, still a living organism, it is only a projection, the same as the puppy, yet the puppy still see's and feels, we know because it is more similar to us, it has eyes. So then, does a tree or plant have any kind of sensation or feeling that is simply too different for us to conceptualize? It may be possible.

If this is the case, what about the forms we do not consider "living", such as the star or the rock? Could we not say then that these might also be experiencing some kind of sensation or awareness we are simply ignorant to? It may be possible, and if so, then the possibility that the whole universe is "alive" in this same sense arises, could it be that all projections, of any kind, are experiencing sensation or awareness of some sort?

That all dream-like projections, (which our bodies are one of) have a "soul", or "feel", as Thales thought, "all things are full of gods".

Now since all of our experiences and feelings and completely interconnected, meaning if I experience the illusory feeling of anger, accompanied by the experience of my body hitting another's body, then the other feels the consequence of this. All our experiences are flowing as one shared and connected existence, all emanating from the same source, or at least all "made of" the same essence: dream-stuff, whatever "this" is, I don't presume to know. This seems to imply that the whole universe is not some kind of external projection or manifestation of this essence, "Tao", but that all things are this essence, meaning that our sight is "it's" sight, our thoughts are "it's" thoughts, and our experiences are "it's" experiences, as we are a projection of "it" and are one with "it".

In other words, "It pours itself into its work".

A universal awareness that is "embedded within" all things, the same way our awareness (it's awareness") is "embedded" currently "within" these human vehicles. In other words, does the soul pervade the whole universe? Or is this awareness only existent in that which appears to be a more "complex projection" or a "living organism"? "
jufa

Post by jufa »

Thank you for your words Seek. It has also be been state:
The human mind is the myth of awareness of being divided into a subject/object split of I Am - movingalways
This is correct, but why is it so? Because the human mind has been subject to believe it is a soul and a Spirit. This is the forming and indoctrination of the human mind's belief in dualism. To be sure, we are informed man became a living soul. If this is true, then man was and is a living entity before he became a living soul. So what was and is it that had reasoning power to made the physical man abandon THAT BREATH, which make him living soul, in pursue of a limited body of fragmented thoughts objectified with the darkness of subjectivity instead of THAT BREATH of no BEGINNING NOR END, which "has no form or comeliness, and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him"?

When one attempts to the push the cart, they are blind to the reality of the mules harnessed to the front of it whom will eliminated their suffering and struggles. - jufa

Kunga

Post by Kunga »

“If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace.” -Ajahn Chah
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

May their negative actions ripen upon me
And may all my virtues ripen upon them.

- Nagarjuna
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

The Tao never does anything,
yet through it all things are done.

If powerful men and women
could center themselves in it,

the whole world would be transformed
by itself, in its natural rhythms.
People would be content
with their simple, everyday lives,
in harmony, and free of desire.

When there is no desire,
all things are at peace.

~ Lao Tzu ('Tao Te Ching', c.37)
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Consider the distinction between desire and desirous attachment.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

"There was something formless and perfect
before the universe was born.
It is serene. Empty.
Solitary. Unchanging.
Infinite. Eternally present.
It is the mother of the universe.
For lack of a better name,
I call it the Tao.

It flows through all things,
inside and outside, and returns
to the origin of all things."
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

- Elwood P. Dowd
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

"20 Difficult things" Buddha

http://www.budsas.org/ebud/ebsut007.htm
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

The be all and end all of wise quotes:

"The Master leads
by emptying people's minds
and filling their cores,
by weakening their ambition
and toughening their resolve.
He helps people lose everything
they know, everything they desire,
and creates confusion
in those who think that they know."
jufa

Post by jufa »

Every person who comes into this world is equal in possibilities of growth. And although it may appear some lack intellectual and spiritual wisdom, this is because these attributes, as all else in this world, falls within the universal principle "everything after its kind." Example: A Kia automobile can never be a Cadillac irrespective. Nonetheless it is still an automobile. In this vein, intellectual and spiritual knowledge must be evaluated according to a persons level of living, and dependent upon one's comprehensive depth and level of conscious awareness upon the level one is living within. - jufa

Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Let no man ever look for what is pleasant, or what is unpleasant. Not to see what is pleasant is pain, and it is pain to see what is unpleasant. - The Dhammapada
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

"Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to someone and tell me whom I am like."
Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a righteous angel."
Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."
Thomas said to him, "Master, my mouth is wholly incapable of saying whom you are like."
Jesus said, "I am not your master. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring which I have measured out."
And he took him and withdrew and told him three things. When Thomas returned to his companions, they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"
Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the things which he told me, you will pick up stones and throw them at me; a fire will come out of the stones and burn you up."

From "Gospel of Thomas"
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

A bunch of awesome riddles and metaphors attributed to Jesus http://gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html , no idea about their historical accuracy of course.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

'"His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

Jesus said, "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."'
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Can you coax your mind from its wandering
and keep to the original oneness?
Can you let your body become
supple as a newborn child's?
Can you cleanse your inner
vision
until you see nothing but the light?
Can you love people and lead them
without imposing your will?
Can you deal with the most vital matters
by letting events take their course?
Can you step back from your own mind
and thus understand all things?

Giving birth and nourishing,
having without possessing,
acting with no expectations,
leading and not trying to control:
this is the supreme virtue.

~ Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching, c.10)
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Man I love the Tao, check this out Kunga, Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."
queenofthedamn

Post by queenofthedamn »

The last shall be first and the first shall be last! 2012
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

The First Dream

The Wind is ghosting around the house tonight
and as I lean against the door of sleep
I begin to think about the first person to dream,
how quiet he must have seemed the next morning

as the others stood around the fire
draped in the skins of animals
talking to each other only in vowels,
for this was long before the invention of consonants.

He might have gone off by himself to sit
on a rock and look into the mist of a lake
as he tried to tell himself what had happened,
how he had gone somewhere without going,

how he had put his arms around the neck
of a beast that the others could touch
only after they had killed it with stones,
how he felt its breath on his bare neck.

Then again, the first dream could have come
to a woman, though she would behave,
I suppose, much the same way,
moving off by herself to be alone near water,

except that the curve of her young shoulders
and the tilt of her downcast head
would make her appear to be terribly alone,
and if you were there to notice this,

you might have gone down as the first person
to ever fall in love with the sadness of another.

Billy Collins
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

So it was dreams that caused sadness and loneliness in this guys opinion cahoot?