Society should be ranked by general intelligence

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
SeekerOfWisdom

Society should be ranked by general intelligence

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

That's all I've got really... could solve a lot of problems.
SeekerOfWisdom

Re: Society should be ranked by general intelligence

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Can't forget kindness
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

Intelligence doesn't know it's role, often the solution isn't the solution, it's simply different, the worlds works in many ways all at the same time. That which defines us, separates us, the gap can never be filled.
unbound
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

If I got it right, general intelligence is IQ?

What about intellect?
professional of energy.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

General intelligence is definitely, definitely not IQ (I apologize if that is the definition)
dr gonzo

Post by dr gonzo »

yeh it totally should, but it isn't.the animalistic qualities of fear are what run society, they are what governments use to control people.if people weren't scare of terroists, going bankrupt, criminals, the government wouldn't be able to control people.it's their own political obligations to control,regulate and even create fear that moulds and continues to keep society in its current state.until world peace is acheieved NO ONE will ever be completely free.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

The problem your referring to is ignorance, the only thing you can do about it is enlighten
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

dr gonzo wrote:yeh it totally should, but it isn't.the animalistic qualities of fear are what run society, they are what governments use to control people.if people weren't scare of terroists, going bankrupt, criminals, the government wouldn't be able to control people.it's their own political obligations to control,regulate and even create fear that moulds and continues to keep society in its current state.until world peace is acheieved NO ONE will ever be completely free.
Yeah dawg!
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:General intelligence is definitely, definitely not IQ (I apologize if that is the definition)
You write, 'general intelligence' and then say it definitely isn't IQ, what is it then?

g -> IQ <- intellect -> IQ -> g
unbound
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

I don't know how to test it, I said it should be ranked, I didn't say I knew how haha
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

If you know what it "is", you'd know you to identify and measure it and you'd know how to rank it at least in the most basis sense. Intelligence could perhaps be better defined as the ability to reflect without assuming the reflections are existing as anything but reflections. The IQ test does seem to measure the ability to reflect but skips the test on falling for illusions arising in the reflection. Since it would be easy to pretend one knows reflections are nothing but reflections by just saying so, another form of trial would be needed. Unfortunately humans are specialized in camouflage and parroting, in emulation, so this spoils all common tests for anything but the basic capacity to reflect.

Perhaps a better question is if society could be maintained by the highly intelligent at all. Perhaps wisdom persists by its own accord as inevitableness since societies come and go.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

I can identify, but if you know how to test in the most basic sense ask away?
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:If you know what it "is", you'd know you to identify and measure it and you'd know how to rank it at least in the most basis sense. Intelligence could perhaps be better defined as the ability to reflect without assuming the reflections are existing as anything but reflections. The IQ test does seem to measure the ability to reflect but skips the test on falling for illusions arising in the reflection. Since it would be easy to pretend one knows reflections are nothing but reflections by just saying so, another form of trial would be needed. Unfortunately humans are specialized in camouflage and parroting, in emulation, so this spoils all common tests for anything but the basic capacity to reflect.

Perhaps a better question is if society could be maintained by the highly intelligent at all. Perhaps wisdom persists by its own accord as inevitableness since societies come and go.
Reflection of the world or more narrowly specific people?

The ability to think is the salt and being correct the pepper?
unbound