Anxiety & Docility

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cory Duchesne

Anxiety & Docility

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Overcoming anxiety occurs through overcoming the need to submit to a form. The form could be another person, wife, parent, or friend. It could be an organization, corporation or religious group. Very anxious people tend to assuage their anxiety through other things, forms, people, groups.

This is my issue with secularism and scientists. I don't think they are nearly as courageous and rational as they think they are, and it's their indecisive anxiety that largely impairs their ability to overcome their need to submit to people.

They get tangled with more active/dominant/masculine people and then complain they've had their ego hurt by a psychopath. The truth is that they've had their ego hurt by their own ignorance. Their ego is hurt by their desire for exactly what the so called psychopath is after, an ego boost. Since the more masculine, active and dominant have more energy and abstract capacities, naturally they require more stimulation.

Having people with high anxiety (combined with low courage and desire) bandying up together in a big group of anxiety ridden submissives, is an ugly, plebeian, pity-party that I want nothing to do with.

Sure, it's important to understand what creates Ted Bundy's and prevent their occurance if possible, but you need to draw a line somewhere.

Castrating the population (which is what mainstream secularism seems largely to be about) is not the solution.
Ryan Rudolph

Re: Anxiety & Docility

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

I think the key with anxiety is rather than reacting to it by clinging onto finite concerns with more intensity, which becomes a negative cognitive feedback loop, one needs to learn how to ease away in solitude, or perhaps use that disruption as an opportunity to learn some new skill. Sometimes anxiety just arises out of precarious living conditions. There can be a whole host of cause (s), but it usually relates to clinging to strongly to form, and taking survival pressure too seriously, and not being able to ease back into the infinite....

Kierkegaard wrote quite a bit on the subject of anxiety....
Cory Duchesne

Re: Anxiety & Docility

Post by Cory Duchesne »