1on1 discussion. Genius

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
NobodyListens2Genius

1on1 discussion. Genius

Post by NobodyListens2Genius »

1 on 1 discussion works much better than forums.

Any open-minded genius' that know the connection between simplicity and truth? That want to progress instead of argue? If there are let me know so I can bounce ideas off of you.

If you want to argue or waste time quarrelling over bullshit do not post.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Re: 1on1 discussion. Genius

Post by mental vagrant »

I'm sufficiently intrigued to listen to your ideas. When / where?
unbound
NobodyListens2Genius

Inbox to keep track.

Mostly interested in talking to people that are at least aware of: Universal spirit that is all things, known by many names, most commonly the unnameable ( atheists, go away). Society's current oppression that can be seen everywhere. The fact that the truth is always incredibly simple. Also you should at least have had a few major epiphany's and revelations that brought you to higher level's of awareness and understanding. Possibly while on some kind of high.

Evolution and the seemingly chaotic and unplanned nature of matter has absolutely nothing to do with the idea of "creation". If you do not understand this or disagree, don't inbox either.
Russell Parr

Post by Russell Parr »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote: Evolution and the seemingly chaotic and unplanned nature of matter has absolutely nothing to do with the idea of "creationism".
Fixed :P
NobodyListens2Genius

Nope not creationism. Creationism sort of implies the higher being is separate from its creations. When they are one and the same. Or at least this seems to be how most people view creationism.
Russell Parr

Post by Russell Parr »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote:Nope not creationism. Creationism sort of implies the higher being is separate from its creations. When they are one and the same. Or at least this seems to be how much people view creationism.
Agreed.

In a round about way, I was disagreeing that evolution doesn't fit under the concept of creation, whereas I see it as a perfect example of creation, even though it certainly doesn't explain creation completely.
NobodyListens2Genius

Also agree. Humans are so arrogant to think that their understanding of reality, most of which comes from mathematics and human measurements, has anything to do with what is.

They don't seem to understand that if it were so amazingly complex that we can't grasp it. Which it is. Then how can you measure and try to interpret a small portion of it and expect to see and understand the overall and underlying principles?

All you see would appear random and unplanned.

Mathematical ability obviously has nothing to do with intelligence haha.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

You have nothing to back up these assertions, it's a personal view you have taken from your experiences. To assume everything is incomprehensible is short sighted, the complete picture is probably inaccessible but smaller components are not defaulted to impossible as a consequence of such. The things we can see still are.
unbound
NobodyListens2Genius

yes but you can't grasp the whole by looking at or measuring the parts from an already partial perspective.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

In a system complex enough to think, probably not.
unbound
NobodyListens2Genius

That's exactly why we can't grasp it, division is an illusion we created, trying to understand a code or machine or organism or univerae or system with only 5% of the information would lead to a complete misunderstanding. That is why athiesm exists, the ego leads the foolish to say the universe is unplanned and accidental just because it appears random to their tiny tiny minds.

Discussion is fine. But time spent endlessly contemplating isn't the way to enlightenment, isn't this what the forums are about?
LiquidRainbow

Post by LiquidRainbow »

They don't seem to understand that if it were so amazingly complex that we can't grasp it. Which it is. Then how can you measure and try to interpret a small portion of it and expect to see and understand the overall and underlying principles?
"The most incomprehensible thing about universe is that it is comprehensible."
-Albert Einstein

Every part has it's place in the whole. Why this holier than thou attitude? Small measurements, big measurements and concepts derived from them are all important. Sure there are many different paths to the top of the mountain but it's fun to take different trails instead of walking up the same one every time. One of those small measurements you look down upon might make a big difference somewhere down the road.

I do agree with it being amazingly complex, yet that complexity a high percentage of the time has arrived from the most simplistic of means(example: fractals).

Also many if not all portions of the universe are relative. So if someone wants to derive underlying principals from measuring things, then so be it. Who are you to say they cannot do so? :)
But time spent endlessly contemplating isn't the way to enlightenment, isn't this what the forums are about?
Well, to state that contemplation is not the way to enlightenment then please do share your all knowing way to enlightenment. As I previously stated there are many different paths to the top of the mountain. I'm glad you have found yours, but do not assume that your way is the only way. That right there could quite possibly be the exact opposite of enlightenment.
NobodyListens2Genius

LiquidRainbow wrote:

Well, to state that contemplation is not the way to enlightenment then please do share your all knowing way to enlightenment. .

My all knowing way to enlightenment is derived from enlightened ones like Lao Tzu and The Buddha.

Both of them told you exactly how to get there. By knowing yourself. "looking within yourself","non-being", meditation, etc.

Don't know what else to say besides I've got the two most well known enlightened persons that ever lived directly saying things like "Thoughts weaken the mind". "He who has no concepts, grasps all". " In thinking keep to the simple".

Sounds about the opposite of "Contemplate forever, and argue on forums, and you will reach enlightenment"

Unless they were both wrong about enlightenment and how to get there?
LiquidRainbow

Post by LiquidRainbow »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote: Sounds about the opposite of "Contemplate forever, and argue on forums, and you will reach enlightenment"

Excuse me then. May I ask why you are here?

Unless they were both wrong about enlightenment and how to get there?
Sure, okay. But just a heads-up, you're doing it wrong.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Still mind and contemplation are complementary rather than exclusive.

How Meditation Works,
by Shinzen Young
http://here-and-now.org/VSI/Articles/Th ... oryHow.htm
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

The existential critter 'tomato plant' sits quietly in its causes/conditions producing tomatoes.
The existential critter 'human being' is a walkie-talkie.
the talkie bit generates culture usually out of an adversorial context.
Annie, get your gun.
NobodyListens2Genius

- Liquid

I'm here because I am caught in attachment and desire and don't know whats best for me enough to go do it :) That's the truth, although I am making progress toward giving things up, including never ending discussion on forums! I posted something about this on the other topic.
LiquidRainbow

Post by LiquidRainbow »

Stop beating yourself up for your attachment and desire and learn how to use them to your advantage in whatever your quest may be. Work with yourself not against yourself. Slowly change and it'll be much easier, piece by piece instead of trying to take all the pieces at once and jam them together.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Be a 'tomato plant' for an hour a day.
sit quietly in your causes/conditions.

Zazen or Zen meditation means experience your vegetative state.

Your vegetative state means heartbeat, breathing.
Be with the breath rising and falling at your nostrils.
The talkie-talkie 'head trip' will vanish in time.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

True Genius don't believe in God. There is Genius at a single level, good at something, not good at everything... believe in God.

I am a Genius of Genius, I solve the Universe from logic. You can work out the Universe, and it's not that hard to do. Unfortunately, you have to break free of science to solve everything. Don't read science, don't take notes from Newton, don't take notes from Einstein. Put Newton, and Einstein below yourself, make yourself the leading Genius. Then solve everything from scratch, and you don't need God anymore. God is a short-cut from logic.. God is the lazy brain.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

"A little philosophy inclines men's minds to atheism, a depth in philosophy returns them to religion"

you have confused scientific theory with philosophy, again.

You have probably never done this, so go and read the main texts of Buddhism and Taoism and you will have a better understanding.
Consistency

Post by Consistency »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote:Any open-minded genius' that know the connection between simplicity and truth? That want to progress instead of argue?
The mind isn't inside the equation of simplicity and truth. The mind makes up complex assumptions.

Once we stop listening to the mind, we stop making false complex assumptions, then we learn to observe without letting the mind come to nonsense conclusions, then we learn to make hypotheses based on the simple facts of nature while at the same time taking into account made up human habits and our domestication as negative factors, keep it simply and the truth will be there under your nose.
Dennis Mahar wrote:The existential critter 'tomato plant' sits quietly in its causes/conditions producing tomatoes.
The existential critter 'human being' is a walkie-talkie.
the talkie bit generates culture usually out of an adversorial context.
Annie, get your gun.
The truth sure is hilarious!

I could read this a million times and laugh in amusement every time.
"The most incomprehensible thing about universe is that it is comprehensible."
-Albert Einstein
Nonsense. Why is everyone obsessed with einstein?
professional of energy.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

I agree consistency it can be understood in terms of knowing our own position in relation to our experiences, but relative to the "how" and "why", the comprehensibility part, everyone is still on "Wtf is going on!", and if they aren't, all they have to do is look at space or nature and they will be :b

Yes and almost all of those complex conclusions are faulty, it's the simple ones you can be sure of that aren't subject to the same circular or flawed reasoning. All important truths are simple, meaning when you hear them, you'll think they were staring you in the face the whole time, or as you say, "under your nose".