Genius is a waste of time.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
NobodyListens2Genius

Genius is a waste of time.

Post by NobodyListens2Genius »

"Those who know don't talk.
Those who talk don't know.

Close your mouth,
block off your senses,
blunt your sharpness,
untie your knots,
soften your glare,
settle your dust.
This is the primal identity."

I completely agree and can understand the above. Yet I speak? As does every other Genius on this forum.

If we were truly smart we would spend less time discussing the ultimate nature of reality and more time experiencing it.

It would be much more beneficial if instead of replying to this topic, you went and spent some time meditating.

"The great way is easy, yet people prefer side paths."

I know the great way, yet here I am. I hit pause on the path to enlightenment to post a topic or a comment?

Everyone on this forum has done the same as me. The never ending contemplation kind of genius is not in our favour.

Based on this I say all "Genius" is idiotic except for those who are smart enough to do what is best for them and for others.
Last edited by NobodyListens2Genius on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan Rowden

Re: All Genius is idiotic.

Post by Dan Rowden »

Excuse me, but why do you think you're a genius?
NobodyListens2Genius

Wasn't aware I had to prove myself to post admin :p

Not sure I want to be a genius seeing as it's idiotic. At least the never ending contemplation kind of genius. Thoughts weaken the mind. They obscure what is. No mind is more open to what is than an empty mind. Although your own definition of genius is a bit different, sounds a lot like wisdom or simply seeing more truth than others. Why do I think I am your kind of genius? Can't really answer. Maybe I'm just being modest but what am I to do? Start listing achievements and boasting about my greater understanding?
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

This tickled me.
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Can you not pat your head and rub your stomach?
unbound
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

mental vagrant wrote:Can you not pat your head and rub your stomach?

This tickled me!
NobodyListens2Genius

Yes, but you can't post a comment and discuss while trying to give up all desire and thought. At least not if we are making serious attempts.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote:Yes, but you can't post a comment and discuss while trying to give up all desire and thought. At least not if we are making serious attempts.
Care to explain?
unbound
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote:Yes, but you can't post a comment and discuss while trying to give up all desire and thought. At least not if we are making serious attempts.
Take a chill pill, slick.
Don't run to your death
NobodyListens2Genius

Take a chill pill, slick.

I'm always chilled.

Mental vagrant:
what I'm saying is based on the belief that meditation and direct insight of the self leads to more awareness and understanding.
LiquidRainbow

Re: Genius is a waste of time.

Post by LiquidRainbow »

Haha
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

NobodyListens2Genius wrote:Take a chill pill, slick.

I'm always chilled.

Mental vagrant:
what I'm saying is based on the belief that meditation and direct insight of the self leads to more awareness and understanding.

This makes sense
unbound
amzee75

Post by amzee75 »

this is not make sense if you say than i prove it
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

amzee75 wrote:this is not make sense if you say than i prove it
I didn't quote myself, this was that persons view and i agreed with it.
unbound
Aniihya

Post by Aniihya »

I am here because I cannot do the world good without purpose. Even if I did research or took up a purpose for the good of mankind, it would be pointless as this rotten world dominated by those who think they know what intelligence is, seems to only care about prestige, reputation and qualification. We live in a world where many do not care if you have are able to think in an abstract way or if you want to make something absolutely useful. I see a slowdown in research and development due to the superficial way people are and due to the intention of people to corrupt research because of an ecopolitical or sociopolitical motive.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Intelligence might have very well been developed out of cruelty and ruthlessness, when they finally sliced into their own devices.

Superficiality is then the decreasing capacity for good as well as evil, while remaining an absolute expert in following expectations.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Aniihya wrote:I am here because I cannot do the world good without purpose. Even if I did research or took up a purpose for the good of mankind, it would be pointless as this rotten world dominated by those who think they know what intelligence is, seems to only care about prestige, reputation and qualification. We live in a world where many do not care if you have are able to think in an abstract way or if you want to make something absolutely useful. I see a slowdown in research and development due to the superficial way people are and due to the intention of people to corrupt research because of an ecopolitical or sociopolitical motive.
For funders it's often a bottom-line world, which is a changeable and relative condition and a useful incentive for engaging attention and opening undistracted routes.

In the relationship of what is with what should be, when discontent is the motive force for action, then what is can be defined as the motivation to change what is.

Fear makes poverty the horse rather than the spur. For a scientist, recognizing and respecting the power of fear, without clinging to fear, clears the mind for realization of causal pathways that can make the impossible possible, thus the scientific mind.

Charles Lindbergh did poorly in school yet was a wiz with the science of flight because the experience of flight engaged his attention. As a scientist, his interest with the filthy lucre extended beyond feeding the belly, to feeding the flying Jones.

Interpretation of data suggests that the political movement of climate change, aka global warming, has corrupted some scientists, and by extension the integrity of science, with fear and greed.