Teleological Egotism

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cory Duchesne

Teleological Egotism

Post by Cory Duchesne »

It is vital to see the distinction between analytic truths and empirical truths. Analytic Truths are not experience, and if used properly, they function to free you from consciousness. And until you know what it means to be free of consciousness, you haven't taken the final plunge into consciousness.

Experience itself is an addictive drug. The mind becomes addicted to itself, and in such a state, renewal is impossible. Romance, sex, drugs and mysticism all lead to problematic mental conditions. The desire to repeat the past experience arises, therefore a self-destructive loop occurs. The desire to repeat an experience is often accompanied by the imagination altering the pleasant memory. Imagination when fueled by desire has a distilling effect. The Marriage of Imagination and desire, together, find a way to strip away material so that what is most vital to pleasure is augmented or isolated into its purest form. For an analogy, imagine the vegetable sugar cane being processed into pure sugar. White sugar alone is mostly corrosive to health and culturally, it's reasonable to suggest it's unnecessary.

The internal corruption of the soul, through desire and image-making work the same way. Sexuality is a great example, as it clearly evolves into increasingly distinct forms of sadomasochism and that is the most fundamental element involved in the pleasurable excitation. Likewise, following a mystical experience or two, the aspirant grows addicted to the joy and what was once a healthy, spontaneous act becomes an increasingly narrow focus on colours, harmonies, luminous beings and myths.

The corruption of human beings stems, fundamentally, from a hatred of pain and death. The health of the human spirit requires an inspired pursuit of hardship and discomfort, otherwise, the result is a degenerate culture.

I call this teleological egotism for a good reason. My interest is to see the science (or art) of psychology develop into an increasingly processed-based vision of what it means to be human (or a conscious being) and with this notion of process-psychology, I suggest that psychological disorder (cyclical states of meaningless misery) stems from the misguided notion people have about happiness. It is a deluded notion to think that we are entitled to find some paradise somewhere around the corner where happiness is constant and unyielding to anything that might give pain.

A degenerate culture is a culture of human beings who passively fall into suffering while hoping they won’t. At root, this hope is a desire for singularity. Instead of singularity we could call it homogeneity. It’s the stubborn denial of the very thing that makes life, creativity, renewal and discovery possible: stress, tension, pain and negation.

When approached with knowledge, such sensations and notions are valuable.

Where pain becomes unhealthy is when people get stuck into very serious psychological traps, often the result of exaggerating one’s self importance or simply refusing to acknowledge anything of importance at all (aside from the conservative protection of whatever pleasure one has been conditioned by).

What I am saying implies nothing new. An unprincipled and hedonistic life of hope is a bad life. A principled life of growth, voluntary death, discovery and knowledge is good.

-

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn "a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law your enemies will be the members of your own household. Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it." Matthew 10: 34

"The criminal desires singularity" - Otto Weininger
jupiviv

Re: Teleological Egotism

Post by jupiviv »

I disagree that anyone hates pain and death, i.e, negation. Negation can't be hated, but the things that negate our own happiness(wrongly perceived as inherently being a negation) can.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

It is vital to see the distinction between analytic truths and empirical truths. Analytic Truths are not experience, and if used properly, they function to free you from consciousness. And until you know what it means to be free of consciousness, you haven't taken the final plunge into consciousness.
That is actually spot on from Corey.

It encapsulates the Wisdom:

first there were trees.
then there were no trees.
then there were trees.
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

#
The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground. To realize humanity is one, is only part of the equation. The ego is easily convinced it somehow belongs in a land far far away, where blood, shit and tears no longer exist.
#
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

Creatures react to pain by avoiding it's cause. They survive longer probably.

As a creature, talking to creatures, i have a sense of gravity relating to the turnings of our washing machines. From this base, pain is associated naturally, stupidly, to states of being that must be analysed in bounds outside of pain scales. By removing the physicality from the spirit, it transcends the diseases or if i like memeases that remove a person from it's individual perspective.

Surgery is complicated and dangerous, the possibility of being illuminated in your personal panoply of defraction. It's hard to find your spirit, human spirit, in a world that tries so vindictively to murder it.
unbound