Relationship between male-female psychology and attraction

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
sydney83

Relationship between male-female psychology and attraction

Post by sydney83 »

Hi,

Based on the premise that there is a difference between male and female consciousness, the difference being that the male is associated with the subject and the female the object (subject-object relationship).

I can't seem to work this question out, the recent research is showing that female sexuality is more fluid than males (i.e females are more inclined to be bisexual).

How does the fact that women associate with the object impact their sexuality and inclination to bisexuality.

Sydney83.
Tomas

Re: Relationship between male-female psychology and attracti

Post by Tomas »

sydney83 wrote:Hi,

Based on the premise that there is a difference between male and female consciousness, the difference being that the male is associated with the subject and the female the object (subject-object relationship).

I can't seem to work this question out, the recent research is showing that female sexuality is more fluid than males (i.e females are more inclined to be bisexual).

How does the fact that women associate with the object impact their sexuality and inclination to bisexuality.

Sydney83.
What are you?

Straight-

Bi-

In deep-
Don't run to your death
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

sydney83 wrote:Hi,

Sydney83.
It has everything to do with it. Not being a subject, a woman is forced to flow into the nearest available object. Her fluidity comes from her never knowing whether she has reached the object or not. And that too is the source of her anxiety.

Women are more inclined to bisexuality because they are constantly anxious and thus constantly in need of being touched and consoled. When a drowning person reaches for something to grab onto, she doesn't care whether it is a person, a boat or a plank of wood. As long as it floats, that's all that matters.

-
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

sydney83 wrote:

Is there actually a "female sexuality" or can it still be called "sexual" to be fluid? Is sex about the dividing or the unity? Some thoughts on it I relayed here: What femininity?
sydney83

Post by sydney83 »

Thanks Kevin, you've clarified it somewhat, although it's still hard to accept or understand.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

No worries, melbourne74. It is indeed hard to accept and understand the mind of a woman, as we naturally want to believe that it mirrors the mind of a man.

-
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Since rationality depends upon irrationality to exist, it is by definition, a co-dependent principle. Dependent origination does not discriminate.

Arguing about which principle is superior, when both complement one another, when each is the mirror image of the other, each one rising up to dominate the reflection of the other, is neither a rational or an irrational argument, just a foolish one. Now that's wisdom. Start laughing now.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

To movingalways:

I laugh at your foolish thinking that rationality and irrationality “complement each other”, for they are at war with one another. Each and every moment a life and death struggle takes place, with each one trying to annihilate the other.

It is no laughing matter to see the destruction and chaos that irrationality causes. The chaos breeds more and more irrationality until, as it is in our time, rationality is near extinct.

And it is no joke that Rationality equates with the Masculine and Irrationality with the Feminine. The Feminine’s fluidity is the underlying cause of religions, wars, greed, hatred and terror.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

sue hindmarsh wrote:To movingalways:

I laugh at your foolish thinking that rationality and irrationality “complement each other”, for they are at war with one another. Each and every moment a life and death struggle takes place, with each one trying to annihilate the other.

It is no laughing matter to see the destruction and chaos that irrationality causes. The chaos breeds more and more irrationality until, as it is in our time, rationality is near extinct.

And it is no joke that Rationality equates with the Masculine and Irrationality with the Feminine. The Feminine’s fluidity is the underlying cause of religions, wars, greed, hatred and terror.
The laugh is on you, Ass, for it appears to me that you and I are saying the same thing. Did I not say that rationality and irrationality rise up to dominate the reflection of the other? Rationality can dominate irrationality, no doubt about it, but rationality cannot eliminate irrationality, this was my point. In other words, as long as one is attached to the philosophy of rationality, irrationality continues to exist in the world. The reverse is also true, of course. This has always been my point, that one cannot stand in this without that also appearing, even though the appearance of that is often hidden in the subconscious.

This is why human beings suffer, this constant battle between this and that. This board is a perfect reflection of this truth.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

i think the answer is much more basic, although the idea that women want to be 'loved' regardless of who is giving the love is accurate in my opinion. but on some level, women are more sexual in nature. in our day and age, women are more desired...men seek women and women decide if the shoe fits. i suppose it's always been like this. as we start to blur (it's still quite visible, but you get my point) the line between masculinity and femininity, women are bound to develop some of these traits--bound to be attracted to the more desirable sex.

this obviously overrides the innate need to reproduce. i guess it, in some way, speaks of human nature to focus on immediate gratification, rather than the future.