In everything I do ....

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kunga

Re: In everything I do ....

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:If you look past the patchouli oil, the hairspray, the lipstick, the gucci gown, the wonderbra,
the stillettos..
the outrageous manipulation of the sex instinct,

you find, on reflection,
a perfumed prison.

a vagina with teeth like a shark.
Once they get that big 'ol baseball bat knocking their teeth out,
then you'll be over the hump :)
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

This is the algebra:

On a cold day,
if you put your hands up to the proximity of a hot stove,
you feel pleasure.
Is the pleasure in the stove...No
Is the pleasure in you...No.
The pleasure is in the interaction.

if you put your hands on the stove,
you feel pain.
Is the pain in the stove...No.
Is the pain in you...No.
The pain is in the interaction.

Is it correct?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Yes...because without the interaction there would not be the experience of pleasure or pain.

But is there pleasure or pain even though there is no interaction....pleasure or pain (psychologically) ?

Or,being without those experiences of interaction, you feel like a rock . Emotionless and void of feeling , (like a psychopath ).

Shallowness of emotions

Psychopaths do not feel emotions as deeply as an average person. Although they are not totally unemotional, their emotions are so shallow that some clinicians describe them as "proto-emotions: primitive responses to immediate needs."[65] Hare appears to classify anger, rage and frustration as proto-emotions.[66] He suggests that observations give the impression that when they do show dramatic but short-lived emotions, they are acting.[57]

Psychopaths are generally fearless. They frequently engage in dangerous and criminal acts with little heed to the consequences they risk. This is not to say they are oblivious to the potential consequences of their actions. Rather, the thought of pain and punishment does not provoke an emotional reaction in them and thus has a weak restraining effect.[67] Their lack of fear also contributes to their often extraordinary talent for lying: people often believe the psychopath's lies because he never displays any signs of nervousness.

There are anecdotes of psychopaths reacting nonchalantly to being sentenced to life in prison.[68]

Sweeping generalizations about emotions in psychopathy are contradicted by complexity and individual differences found in research. Lack of fear and anxiety has been the most consistent claim, but while studies show some reduced responsiveness in specific contexts, for example to forewarned aversive stimuli or film imagery, most studies do not report significant differences in resting physiological activity or in reactions such as the startle response. It is also possible that some emotions are suppressed so as not to show weakness or vulnerability. Anger, sadness or happiness may be present though denied, concealed or linked to motivational states of impulsivity or antisocial behaviors. Guilt, shame and interpersonal affection are complex states that relate to socialization and morals as well as particular emotional experiences.[69]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy.
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sun rise.

(William Blake)
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Laird,
We'll go with your premise.
Except, Dennis, that I never said nor even suggested anything like:
Dennis Mahar wrote:Women have never felt fear, anger, anxiety, angst, insecurity.
Have never made existential/psychological moves to thwart real or imagined threats.
Exist from their own side as 'angels of light'.
Have never felt the need to adapt to conditions.
Have never played cunning strategies.
Never made power plays.
Never looked for or found ways to manipulate and control men for women's benefit.
blah, blah, blah...
All I said was that a tendency to the relational could be a strength (we live in a society - of course the relational can be a strength), and was not necessarily a weakness nor a sign of fear.

Now cue a response in which you once again ignore my point and rabbit on as though I hadn't made one. This is why I try to avoid exchanges with you.
Dennis Mahar wrote:Women have outwitted and outplayed Men Laird.
Women dominate.
It's not a competition, Dennis.

But yes, I am extremely concerned about the seething mass of women in corporate boardrooms and in governance, colluding wickedly as overlords and enslavers of us men.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Kunga,
Yes...because without the interaction there would not be the experience of pleasure or pain.
Exactly.

a pleasant, unpleasant or neutral feeling accompanying every eye consciousness.
a pleasant, unpleasant or neutral feeling accompanying every ear consciousness.
a pleasant, unpleasant or neutral feeling accompanying every nose consciousness.
a pleasant, unpleasant or neutral feeling accompanying every tongue consciousness.
a pleasant, unpleasant or neutral feeling accompanying every body consciousness.
a pleasant, unpleasant or neutral feeling accompanying every mental consciousness.

these feelings arise in relation to objects of consciousness.

suffering arises when objects of consciousness are perceived as having true existence.

they are impermanent, empty and have no true identity in themselves.
He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy.
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sun rise.
That's a good effort as it shows freedom.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Laird,

It's not a competition, Dennis.
It seems to me people are identified as separate selves.

Given that,

It seems to me people generally are concerned about Supply.
Terrified concerning Lack of Supply.

Supply issues seem to be,

Social status ( power and control)
Sex ( power and control )
Money ( power and control )

Completely self-centered.

Whenever there's an analysis of Woman,
Laird,
you turn up like Sir Galahad waving a cambric hanky.

What gives?
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Whenever there's an analysis of Woman,
Laird,
you turn up like Sir Galahad waving a cambric hanky.

What gives?
"Analysis" - that's quite the euphemism. "Denigration" would be more accurate. And there's the answer to your question: I don't like to see regressive thinking on gender go unchallenged, just like I don't like to see regressive thinking on race and animal rights go unchallenged.

The question can be turned back on you, I hope you realise: whenever there's an opportunity to dump on women, you show up like a knuckle-dragging trogolodyte. What gives?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

On the contrary,
I recognise Women as skilfull power/control operators.
Give them credit where it's due.
Outwit, outplay.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:On the contrary,
I recognise Women as skilfull power/control operators.
Give them credit where it's due.
Outwit, outplay.

Dennis, why is it important to be in power and control ?
Why is it important to outwit-outplay ?

Sounds like a big EGO issue.

I know I have my own issues with this too....i am not a perfect example of what a true Buddhist should be...i haven't been paying much attension to Buddhism
for a while....i reverted to my ol self....but i am not the ol self i use to be .....since living with 3 men has made me more hostile/aggressive...and dealing with being overpowered contantly at work & home...i've become a bit jaded.....anyways.....this is what i love : (Humility) it's such a good feeling when i keep my arrogant mouth shut, and be quiet...i stay out of trouble too ! But like Laird i feel compelled to stick my neck out when i see injustice....

http://www.meaning.ca/archives/archive/ ... Yu_Hsi.htm
Last edited by Kunga on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

guest_of_logic wrote:But yes, I am extremely concerned about the seething mass of women in corporate boardrooms and in governance, colluding wickedly as overlords and enslavers of us men.
That image works perfectly when one can see it at work in the skyscraper between the shoulders. And where the mind goes, the world soon follows. Not exactly in the literal sense but nevertheless it can be remarkably representative at times. There's a lot of witty wisdom in your sarcasm. Keep it coming!
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Dennis, why is it important to be in power and control ?
Why is it important to outwit-outplay ?

Sounds like a big EGO issue.
It's about Supply.
To access a Supply.
To harness it.
To bring it under control.
To manage it.
To eliminate threats concerning potential loss of Supply,
To run strategies in order to guarantee Supply.

You mention 'humility' as a strategy concerning Supply.
You mention 'love' as a strategy concerning Supply.
In the sense of them getting a result or affording the maintenance of Supply.

Gandhi is touted as a great.
Those 'in the know' knew better.
He married at 20 and was an extremely ambitious budding lawyer with an eye for politics.
In his home he was a tyrant to his wife and children.
His constant tirades he directed at his wife were met by her without complaint, without rancour, without argument.
Outside the home he was concerned with British Rule and didn't know how to break it.

After 20 years of haranguing his wife,
it dawned on him,
what his wife was doing.
She was doing calm abiding.

She had a strategy.

Gandhi called the strategy 'Passive Resistance'.

Gandhi took the method into the political arena and broke down British Rule.

Human Being,
as a 'being-in-action',
as a 'being-towards-death'
fears mightily,
Supply is it's concern.
Power/control is it's 'raison d'etre'.
Woman as a force of Nature lacks nothing in the business of dominating.

Agree?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

But like Laird i feel compelled to stick my neck out when i see injustice....
Laird drops by, paying lip service to his selective concerns on the way to the pub to sink the next 30 pots of beer.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

@ Dennis:
Women in India are raised to be subserviant to their husbands, it's a cultural thing. They are even known to throw themselves on their husband while he's being cremated,
I don't know if they still do that these days. It's even looked down upon for them to re-marry if their husband dies.

In most cultures men dominate. The cultures where people are more educated and westernized still have issues with male dominance, but more women are independant now, and considered equal ....at least with men that are not misogynistic. I myself only try to dominate when i get pissed off at a man that dosn't do things to my standards....like checking the doors at night to make sure they're locked (that's just one example). I feel like i have to be a man sometimes and it pisses me off. lol.

But yeah most men are pussy whipped by women. But they asked for it....didn't they ?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Can you see how Buddhism concerns itself with Supply.
The motherlode or jackpot or Supply Havingness is 'the end of cyclic existence' or formlessness.

Now in order to have that Supply,
the strategy is the eightfold path,
as a daily practice.

In Xianity,
the sought after Supply is Heaven,
in order to get Heaven,
the strategy is practice the 10 commandments.
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Laird drops by, paying lip service to his selective concerns on the way to the pub to sink the next 30 pots of beer.
Tsk tsk, Dennis, resorting to ad hom already? It's OK, I understand - what else can you do when you feel outwitted and outplayed?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

you show up like a knuckle-dragging trogolodyte.
explain that in your ad hom context,
you want to play the ad hom card as your move,
you shot yourself in the foot.
you've outwitted yourself.

Are you able to comprehend what I'm saying about Woman?
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

Dennis Mahar wrote:explain that in your ad hom context
That's easy: I made it clear that I was mirroring your questioning of my "Sir Galahad" motives, to show you that it cuts both ways.
Dennis Mahar wrote:Are you able to comprehend what I'm saying about Woman?
I'm able to comprehend that you're not worth talking to. Goodbye.
DonaldJ

Post by DonaldJ »

I read some here that "there were insults posted".. but in looking deep into each bit of scorn, it seems what was inferred to be "insult" was actually an opinion on the validity, timing, and base, of the previous statement's feelings triggered in valid aggressive genius readers. pretending to command ways input formats should be layered & sweetened to taste.. "everything must be their way, or it is bad"...

If one looks at the general masses ways, one see's that most seem to have such a great affinity to their shit, that nearly everything they do must have some in it...

You do what you do because your "sticks fell that way"... Fate has nothing to do with the equation.. because fate isn't, but the physics of fate is why you did what you do'ed...

If everything you do doesn't have any shit in it.. then just what, in hell, does it contain..?
DonaldJ

Post by DonaldJ »

Dennis Mahar wrote: "in order to get Heaven,
the strategy is practice the 10 commandments.

isn't it more like, "pretend to practice the 10 commandments"..? like how most people pray their prayer poetry, with as much enthusiasm as it takes to release a fart...

If only they knew that hell is heaven's shield against letting in ah's, they might stop being ah's...
They hate where they are, whilst pretending to love what isn't theirs..
How can hate mixed with love be of any value to that which is heaven's right to love..?
You failed to include in your equation, that xtanity has implemented "confession", and its absolute pretend forgiveness for synthetic guilt-alleviation, as bestowed upon the criminal by yet another criminal, in the format of reciting more prayer poetry with the same effort and enthusiasm as it takes one to release a fart...

Add to it the fact that my browser is so very slow because of those who are feeding more than is being fed.. makes me feel like I am feeding vampires and zombies.. because I am...

Essentially those who adhere to "the ten commandments", are actually doing what gets them to hell, given that hell is heaven's protective shield against them, which they must pass through without sticking to anything in the shield, like "flies to flypaper"...
Last edited by DonaldJ on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

guest_of_logic wrote:
Dennis Mahar wrote:Laird drops by, paying lip service to his selective concerns on the way to the pub to sink the next 30 pots of beer.
Tsk tsk, Dennis, resorting to ad hom already? It's OK, I understand - what else can you do when you feel outwitted and outplayed?
But you'll notice that Dennis actually penned a complete, normal sentence! Guess you can't be Don Rickles and e e cummings at the same time!
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Can you see how Buddhism concerns itself with Supply.
It seems to me that you let go of it all in Buddhism. Being attached to anything is an attachment. You can have stuff, but not care if you
have it or not, would be happy to give it away and it wouldn't make you sad....you offer all your merits and whatnot to ALL. You offer whatever to have gathered in abundance...to ALL....When you sit down to eat, you offer it first to Buddha, Dharma , Sangha, the destitute and poor,yourself ,and the spirits....

So i guess it is important to have a wealthy supply of power....for you can offer it to others....and in doing so you are offering to yourself....as you are also "others".

Motivation/Intensions are important.

BTW...why did you jump from the power/control issue between men & women..to...Buddhism/Supply ?
You clearly have issues with women that need to be resolved before you can have an abundant supply of good karma, to get to where your heading (liberation).
You are attached to misogynistic views ....no ?

In the Vajrayana, PURE VIEW is the ideal. Women are considered Godesses (Dakinis), and respected. Men are looked upon as Dakas' (Gods).
I wonder why ? Duh.....

Dennis Mahar wrote:The motherlode or jackpot or Supply Havingness is 'the end of cyclic existence' or formlessness.
Yes...but Bodhisattvas choose to come back again, and again, to help others....Buddha was a Bodhisattva before his Final Parinirvana
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You clearly have issues with women that need to be resolved before you can have an abundant supply of good karma, to get to where your heading (liberation).
You are attached to misogynistic views ....no ?
No way.
What is being distinguished is (Laird can't see it) the culturally conditioned Worldly man/woman who endure the punishing regime of co-dependency in their relating.

What is being presented is another possibility that eliminates co-dependency.

I have a dozen close friends, half of whom are women.
Women who have suffered co-dependency and left it behind.
My closest friend is a woman who does calm abiding as I descibed in the description of Mrs Gandhi.
She is inspiring and has no feminine wiliness about her.

The Buddha split men from women to avoid the perils of co-dependency.

The terror of lack of supply people have and the strategies that get run to have, maintain, and perhaps guarantee supply is astonishing to me.
In my noticing, it's that terror that causes people to use each other as equipment in a survival scenario.
It begets the manipulation, controlling, cunning of co-dependency or neediness.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:the culturally conditioned Worldly man/woman who endure the punishing regime of co-dependency in their relating.
Dennis Mahar wrote:The Buddha split men from women to avoid the perils of co-dependency.

Buddhas splitting up men/women was during the First Turning of the Wheel , because he was addressing monks, and men that were weak.

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Three_Turnings

There are two main classes of scriptural dharma: the teachings of the sutras and the teachings of the tantras. The sutras of the Buddha were given in three different waves or turnings of the wheel of dharma. The first turning of the wheel of dharma were the Hinayana teachings. These teachings were intended for individuals whose mind was not yet very open and had a lesser aspiration to achieve enlightenment.

The second wave of teachings called the second turning of the wheel of dharma are the teachings on emptiness and on the Prajnaparamita teachings. These are teachings of the Mahayana.

Finally, the third wave of teachings were the bridge between the sutras and the tantras. These were the teachings in which the Buddha taught that absolutely everyone has Buddha-nature or Buddha-essence.

But yes, I see now where your comming from now...(co-dependancy/attachment).
I'm there now.
BTW, i have never hated men, but loved them too much.

_/\_
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

In everything I do; I do it with pride.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

cousinbasil wrote:
guest_of_logic wrote:
But you'll notice that Dennis actually penned a complete, normal sentence! Guess you can't be Don Rickles and e e cummings at the same time!
Cousinbasil,

We missed you!!!!!