The flow of Woman; Solitary Love

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pam Seeback

The flow of Woman; Solitary Love

Post by Pam Seeback »

To me, Hafiz, the Sufi poet expressed most succinctly, in his poem "Let thought become your beautiful lover", the path of perfect love. That is, the path of loving oneself as a whole, complete and perfect unit of infinite consciousness. I believe he capitalized both Woman and Friend in his poem to signify this transcendent realm of solitary, spiritual love, of the way of having transcended human loneliness that is the attachment to form.

He uses the term 'prayer' to express this way of the solitary I am-love affair, a term which is most often associated with religion, but to the one who has transcended this emanation of humanism, prayer takes on a different meaning altogether. Rather than the ritual of asking for a material sign from God that is the prayer of humanism, it is the stream of consciousness of perfect surrender of the finite to the infinite, of the material to its spirit source.

It is my personal experience that when I am not in thought analysis mode, the activity of listening to my conscience to determine what must be done to complete a karmic action, which could be said to be the Male of me, but rather, I am in the mode of pure relaxation of my spirit, there is a different mood of thinking altogether that arises from this being-at-rest and supports me while my karmic humanism is being reconciled to its spirit source. Hafiz's poem about my Woman of me:

Let thought become the beautiful Woman.

Cultivate your heart and mind to that depth

That it can give you everything
a warm body can

Why just keep making love to God's child --
Form

When the Friend himself is standing
Before us
So open-armed?

My dear,
Let prayer become your beautiful Lover

And become free,