What is born in 9 months' time...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kelly Jones

What is born in 9 months' time...

Post by Kelly Jones »

A hypothetical scenario:

You have advance knowledge that you will die in 9 months.*

What are your plans for what you wish to achieve in your life-span, and what you plan to happen after your death?

Be S.M.A.R.T.:
S Specific. Make the goals and plans as exact as you can.
M Memorable. Imagine how the goal is reached, in a logical manner.
A Achievable. Sort out what equipment, skills, resources, and time you need.
R Relevant. Fit the plan into your long-term vision.
T Timely. Set dates, and make sure you can meet the deadline.

* Somehow, you will avoid any fatal incidents, or major incidents taking up mental focus, time and energy, before then - yes, it is just a hypothetical scenario.
Pam Seeback

Re: What is born in 9 months' time...

Post by Pam Seeback »

I will be ablaze inside
My heart's desire
I will be this, only this
Most glorious thing.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kelly Jones wrote:A hypothetical scenario:

You have advance knowledge that you will die in 9 months.*

What are your plans for what you wish to achieve in your life-span, and what you plan to happen after your death?

Be S.M.A.R.T.:
S Specific. Make the goals and plans as exact as you can.
M Memorable. Imagine how the goal is reached, in a logical manner.
A Achievable. Sort out what equipment, skills, resources, and time you need.
R Relevant. Fit the plan into your long-term vision.
T Timely. Set dates, and make sure you can meet the deadline.

* Somehow, you will avoid any fatal incidents, or major incidents taking up mental focus, time and energy, before then - yes, it is just a hypothetical scenario.
What you have presented above is a perfect example of how mental wisdom expansion tries to control the earth so that its can remain alive of its [erroneous] belief in the reality [permanence] of mortality. An example of man believing his mental prowess makes him a god of his world, when a mere speck of a virus can bring him to his knees or stop his breath.

Why would a sage of reality wisdom present a hypothetical scenario that, by its very definition, does not include the reality of the wisdom of the earth? Is it not logical of earth wisdom that within ten minutes of sitting down to plan what one believes will be their final 9 months of sentient living that a hurricane or an illness or someone in need could arrive, ending immediately one's SMART plan for their imagined goals? So much for "the best laid plans of mice and men."

The metaphysics that the man of mentalism cannot see is that the mental realm is an emanation [an eternality of] of the spirit realm, hurricane included, illness included, friend in need included, SMART plan included. To the man who has broken through this mental-creature emanation, however, [refer to the Eckhart thread, first post] into the flow of the spirit realm, there would be no planning during those last days of his sense existence. Nothing would change for him for he has already found his enLIGHTenment, his very source and essence of life, which is the same source and essence of all of life. So if a hurricane came, he would be in the flow of the hurricane. If an illness came, he would be in the flow of the illness. If a friend in need came, he would be in flow with the friend in need. If there were no interruptions during his lays days as a sense being, he would be in the flow of thoughts of the earth, whatever they may be. What he would not be doing is planning what to achieve during his life span, for he has the wisdom that these things are of the lie that immortality can be found in [the pursuit of] mortal things [ideas].
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

I think a smart plan for Genius Forum could be centred around the problem Genius Forum has that persists seemingly endlessly.

Some posters have realised 'emptiness' and some haven't.

To those who haven't realised 'emptiness'... a simple, traditional concept like masculinity/femininity becomes a 'killing field' of emotional outrage.
Those posters then go to other boards expressing their outrage, their indignation, their personal umbrage and cluster together for what amounts to an exercise in mutual ego-stroking.
The whole point is completely missed.

To realise 'emptiness' comes out of self-inquiry.

A smart plan would be having the list of questions at hand, as equipment, that enables the direct experience of mu to happen for those who haven't realised it.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Yes, that would be smart. Strange, isn't it, that the word "genius" seems only to bring out idiotic behaviour. Or perhaps not strange, given how idiotic so-called geniuses behave (e.g. Einstein believing in God).
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Pam,

Let's test your theory that a wise person stops making all plans and goes along with all circumstances without resisting. (While resisting making plans).

Someone turns up on the doorstep needing help. They are starving, falling down on their feet in a dead faint. But here's the thing. There's no food in the house. Decision time! Or does the wise person do nothing, and let them starve, since that is a reality of the earth?

Not very difficult decision, is it? He goes and gets some food.

Let's make it a bit more difficult. The starving person on the doorstep happens to be a sly, unscrupulous blackmailer, who is starving because he's been rejected by everyone. Again, there's no food in the house. Decision time!

If that's too difficult to resolve, then say the starving person is being chased by a raving looney with a gun. Does the wise man go get some food first? Or does he weigh up the situation and make a more efficient plan, to tackle the looney first?

Decisions are a fact of consciousness. In fact, they're a reality of the earth. Why resist them?

Animus

Post by Animus »

Dennis Mahar wrote:I think a smart plan for Genius Forum could be centred around the problem Genius Forum has that persists seemingly endlessly.

Some posters have realised 'emptiness' and some haven't.

To those who haven't realised 'emptiness'... a simple, traditional concept like masculinity/femininity becomes a 'killing field' of emotional outrage.
Those posters then go to other boards expressing their outrage, their indignation, their personal umbrage and cluster together for what amounts to an exercise in mutual ego-stroking.
The whole point is completely missed.

To realise 'emptiness' comes out of self-inquiry.

A smart plan would be having the list of questions at hand, as equipment, that enables the direct experience of mu to happen for those who haven't realised it.
And once you've realized 'emptiness' you go about trying to proclaim it to others. Or at least I do. And they, having not realized it, think you are insane and try to proclaim that to you.

Is it just me or has anyone else really tried to talk to friends or family about 'emptiness'? It blows up in my face every time! It has a highly predictable failure rating. There are occasions when I think; this person is really listening, they are actually judging what I'm saying for it's truth. Then they say "Oh! I understand. Well that's just your opinion." and skip along. At worst they proclaim me to be the most insensitive and unloving person that has ever walked the face of the earth and promptly distance themselves from me. The latter being the more frequent result. I recently added my brother and sister to the list of people who vow not to talk to me. And in explaining it to my father, he perceived that I was "attacking" him. Because I said: "You think you are a good, loving person, but you only care about the people and things you care about. I've seen you get really mean and unjust with people you don't care about." and this was the drive at this larger point that although stating my opinion on matters can be seen as out of place, there is plenty in-place which should be put-out and my saying something has the potential for doing that. "That's just your opinion." As to is it your opinion to say nothing while your children suffer deeper mental illness. How to deal with right action in such cases? My father has always thought being a father meant playing ball or video games with his kids. He never thought to guide them through life in any significant manner. Which is understandable given he has no way of guiding himself. He has done a number of things and suffered much repressed desire. He merely succeeded at persuading and manipulating and hiding his real intentions. He was a career salesman. Consequently his marriage disintegrated when his infidelity caught up with him. My brother suffers from inadequate father syndrome, which consists of the belief that his father was inadequate causing him to be immature. Secondly he blames his mother for separating from his father and fracturing his bonds. He's 32 now and still hangs on to those excuses, and his father is oblivious. I tried to talk to our father about it and he thought I was "attacking" him. He said "Oh now you're attacking me?" and I tried to explain that I wasn't attacking him, but trying to bring understanding and possibly love to our family. But, he still thinks I was attacking him, because I suggested his attitude toward life might be the contributor of some of our families' neuroses. But he couldn't see even that depth of it. So, what? Asta la vista anyone who doesn't get it? Love 'em all from a distance?

Where is the enlightened sage hang-out? LOL

BTW, my plan would be to either liberate the people around me from their neuroses, write a book or something I guess. I don't know, I'm pretty much ready to die, I'm living mostly out of duty. I see the beauty in life, but I see it being decimated. I'm pretty tired of trying to figure out how to communicate meaningfully with other people. So maybe just do nothing. Even now, just do nothing. Why am I doing anything? It doesn't matter, does it? I don't need to tell you guys nothing, you already know. And everyone who doesn't know, thinks they know. No one is looking for the answers. So there is nothing to do. Just churn. Be the cog. It's like you can't go back into the matrix. This matrix has no outside. To be out of it is to be in it but not of it. What then? What's the point? We all go to Genius and preach?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Infinite Being has called you Ryan.
It's music has transformed you, because you were listening.
This music has players and listeners.
Not many are listening.
The desire for Infinite Being gets one listening.
Not many have desire.

If desire and listening aren't there it's useless to 'bible-bash' as it were.
Those with desire and listening will come along for you as events in the play of causality.

One's comportment 'speaks the truth' wordlessly.
One's bliss and serenity speaks.
It's that enrolling facet in one's comportment that gets desire and listening happening in others as they notice it.

If you were trying to explain sugar to somebody who hadn't tasted sugar, they can't 'get it' with words...only handing a cup of sugar would do it.
You can't hand a cup of truth over which makes it very hard to convey the truth.
All we have is words.
Truth is behind the words, in between the lines, in between the words.
When there's desire and listening 'truth' is somehow triggered in the mind and is known.
It dawns.

It's important to stay in conversations that revolve around the truth for it's deepening.

These are 'conditions'.
Players are familiar with conditions, for this is their playing.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Ryan wrote:Is it just me or has anyone else really tried to talk to friends or family about 'emptiness'? It blows up in my face every time!
God is nearest when thought is nearest, when the whole world is simple clean thought. The best mental stimulation is the lofty whisper over the airwaves of thought.... no personal relationships, no personal approach. Just a simple principle like a breath of fresh air from an open window.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Also, judge the ripeness. If their speech is confused, emotional, distracted, they're not ready. Wait and see. If they don't awaken, move on. Don't nag or belittle. The time isn't right for them (and maybe it'll never be right). Look for places where young, bright, idealistic, thoughtful types congregate. Connect in a simple, easy-going way, and give a little taste of who you are. Wait and see. Judge where they're at. They may be ready for a little bit at a time. Be patient, and something will grow. Thought always takes time.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Animus wrote:Is it just me or has anyone else really tried to talk to friends or family about 'emptiness'? It blows up in my face every time! It has a highly predictable failure rating.
Family ties are emotion-based, no matter your own practical orientation on it. The history these ties drag with them will often drown out anything deep or insightful you have to offer. That said, I've never thought to "really try" to talk about emptiness with friends or family. It happens as it happens. Perhaps it should be simply the other way around: the ones realising emptiness are your friends and family by the fact you share this particular gen (not literally). But it has nothing in common with normal family ties in terms of behaviour and emotion.
I see the beauty in life, but I see it being decimated. I'm pretty tired of trying to figure out how to communicate meaningfully with other people. So maybe just do nothing. Even now, just do nothing. Why am I doing anything? It doesn't matter, does it?
The question might still be there to answer: what caused you to see beauty as "being decimated". Is the decision to do something, or not, to desire it, or not, also caused and not merely a consequence of spiritual insight? As far as you are still a defined part of life somehow, at the very least part of the "matrix" of survival strategies, communications and culture, you will be responding on the push and pulls contained therein. Were all your actions in the past done because you thought it mattered? Or are you looking for this requirement now?
Animus

Post by Animus »

I have never really thought what I do matters. I guess I hoped it might at some point.

Well, for one thing, it matters, the things I said to my brother received the response "Guess I should go kill myself now, or shun you so I can hide in my delusions without you exposing them." My sister, and others, simply think I'm a wacko, a la David Koresh, who is trying to set up his own cult religion. With respect to free-will being false, the charge is: "That is a convenient belief for one who refuses to take responsibility."

When I put forth: Damage to the human brain affects a person's mental function; personality, inhibitory self-control, desires, etc.. the response I get is "Well, that's just your opinion!" How can it be just my opinion? I challenge them to remove large sections of their brain matter, if they are sure it is just my opinion; they refuse and balk at me.

It is really pointless isn't it? It's like talking to a concrete wall, or worse, talking to a series of carnival mirrors whose representation of its input is all distorted coming out of it. Where a crisp, clear image coming in, through its various distorting lenses, outputs a completely incoherent nebulous blob.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

That you're focussing on your family, and their emphatic rejections of you, makes it rather appear that your communication is coming from a fear of rejection from society. It's normal to fear this, at least initially, so that's no big concern. It's just that it becomes a problem if it takes a significant part of your mind. One shouldn't be attached to the success or failure of one's activities.

Also, fear of rejection is just as much a blockage in one's spiritual development. Being called a freak, or wacko, implies social outcasting, which also implies things like having access to shelter and food cut off, and no longer decently and humanely treated. That fear can create all kinds of subtle delusions. I know a fellow who believes he has transcended those fears by challenging whoever he comes across, until he is physically attacked. He initially used these attacks as a means for meditation on the ego, but his ego was also aroused by the conflict to the point of developing a strong paranoia about literally everyone (anything not himself). His wisdom wasn't rooted deeply enough before he took on the austerities; it was more an action of pride in his knowledge, which his mind used to concretise his ego.

If the mind continues to linger over the behaviour of "the others", or one feels a need for company and attention, especially from that of women, then alarm bells should be ringing.

Bobo

Post by Bobo »

It's like a genius of the internet said, you have to get three things in your mind stasis (totality) in which you should starve to death, suicide (the capacity to end it right now), and survival (a motive to go on) relating to ethics.
paco

Post by paco »

kelly jones
How can we bid?
I am illiterate
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

It's like a genius of the internet said, you have to get three things in your mind stasis (totality) in which you should starve to death, suicide (the capacity to end it right now), and survival (a motive to go on) relating to ethics.
If you were dropped in the Congo right now.
Without clothes, food, equipment.
paco

Post by paco »

h
p
I am illiterate
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Dennis Mahar wrote: If you were dropped in the Congo right now.
Without clothes, food, equipment.
Ahh heaven (with fruits)...
Bobo wrote:How can we bid?
No bid... Raise and fold right now.
paco

Post by paco »

Lowrey........a \words how every time I come go to facts with ficfio
I am illiterate
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kelly, making the decision to go and get food for someone who turns up at the door, looney with the gun included, is an expression of the wisdom of the earth. Why? Because wisdom of the earth is the wisdom of accepting and rejecting image/idea, the wisdom of choosing or making decisions - this is dualism 'at work.' What I was trying to convey in my post was that it is impossible to control one's thoughts wherein one can arbitrarily take a time period, such as 9 months, and "make sure you can meet the [goal] deadline."
God is nearest when thought is nearest, when the whole world is simple clean thought. The best mental stimulation is the lofty whisper over the airwaves of thought.... no personal relationships, no personal approach. Just a simple principle like a breath of fresh air from an open window.
I like this thought, particularly your saying that God is nearest when...which, to me, is saying that God is not of reasoning, but that to get close to God, one needs to reason God. Also that we get near to the perfect order of God when we think simply and are ordered in our thoughts.

In relating this to my thoughts above, it is not God who accepts and rejects but man must accept and reject in order to to realize that God does not accept or reject.
Animus

Post by Animus »

I think my predicament has more to do with wanting to be productive than anything.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

I think my predicament has more to do with wanting to be productive than anything.
emptiness is realised in reflective consciousness.
then to take it out into ordinary, everyday world where hardly anybody is listening is a challenge.

most often,
we were thinking about ourselves, our inadequacies, the competitive situation, how we appeared to them... We thought about everything except emptiness. We defeated ourselves. More precisely, we set it up so we would inevitably defeat ourselves -
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Quite the "pep" talk, Dennis.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Quite the "pep" talk, Dennis.
examining conditions.

can we know human consciousness (subject/object split) as equipment?
like we can know a toaster that produces toast?
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

movingalways wrote:What I was trying to convey in my post was that it is impossible to control one's thoughts wherein one can arbitrarily take a time period, such as 9 months, and "make sure you can meet the [goal] deadline."
It's just a figure of speech. It means, do your darnedest to grow out of any unhelpful habits by that time.

All our decisions are made on arbitrary elements like time. Creativity is conducting chaos by one's own arbitrations.