Becoming Wisdom

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pam Seeback

Becoming Wisdom

Post by Pam Seeback »

The peace of mind that is the fruit of the wisdom "Know Thyself" is exponential to the attention given by the wisdom seeker to fulfill the activity of consciousness that is conscious realization/attainment of this wisdom. Wisdom of "Know Thyself" begins with a conscious intellectual understanding of the laws, principles and patterns of Conscious Awareness of Self. Wisdom becomes what one is when one expands beyond conscious intellectual [dual "I think"] understanding of Conscious Awareness of Self to stand in the fire of being transformed into becoming the omnipresence of laws, principles and patterns of Conscious Awareness of Self.

Being transformed from intellectual understanding of thinking about the laws and the principles and the patterns of Wisdom of Self into I AM comprehension of the laws and the principles and patterns of Wisdom of Self necessitates a laser-beam, single-minded direction of will that only those who have walked this path of the fire of Wisdom's Revealing can comprehend.

Wisdom awaits all who hear her call. One does not have to have the genius of schooling of the world to answer wisdom's call, but one does need genius of will, of discipline and of righteousness of intent. One also needs wisdom discernment to pattern oneself after those who have gone before to light the way of being wisdom transformed. What is the way of wisdom transformation to this wisdom seeker? It is the way of inquiry, of listening, of renunciation, of obedience, of discipline, of compassion, of forbearance, of endurance, of faith and of hope. Activities of consciousness within every man's conscience of Self, activities that are his to discover, to uncover and to become. In the words of the opening scene of the TV series "Mission Impossible": Your mission, should you decide to accept it.
Patrick86

Re: Becoming Wisdom

Post by Patrick86 »

Hear, hear!
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

movingalways wrote:One also needs wisdom discernment to pattern oneself after those who have gone before to light the way of being wisdom transformed.
Patterning oneself after some of those who have gone before (us) may be of benefit for a time, But if we are to ever become pure or free Spirits we must go beyond all of the heretofore gurus, godmen, saviors, saints, philosophers, etc., since they have ALL fallen short of the full glory of the Infinite. Which demands not only wisdom or genius from its chosen few, but also right- or loving-action in all of one's words, thoughts, and deeds. Which would also be to possess that very rare but ultimate goal in life - Fullness of Manhood.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Bob Michael wrote:Patterning oneself after some of those who have gone before (us) may be of benefit for a time, But if we are to ever become pure or free Spirits we must go beyond all of the heretofore gurus, godmen, saviors, saints, philosophers, etc., since they have ALL fallen short of the full glory of the Infinite.
If ALL of them have, then so shall we.

The real reason we must eventually cease merely patterning ourselves after anyone else is that no one else has been precisely in our own path, in our own shoes. The path may be similar, the shoes might be the same manufacturer and model, but they haven't been ours. Only ours are our own.

At the same time, any predecessor worthy of patterning oneself after in the first place has had to do this same thing, which is to fully grasp the entirety of his or her own circumstances, of his or her own life and being.

Once one does this, it immediately becomes not one's concern if anyone else has fallen short of the "full glory of the Infinite," nor by how much.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

cousinbasil wrote:If ALL of them have (fallen short of the full glory of the Infinite), then so shall we.
Not those of us who are discerning enough to learn from their mistakes.
paul.mohad.dhib

Post by paul.mohad.dhib »

Hello Bob

just a very quick hello..
talk to you soon.
take care.
Dan
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

paul.mohad.dhib wrote:Hello Bob

just a very quick hello..
talk to you soon.
take care.
Dan
You are indeed 'quick' my friend. Good to see you here. Change is always good, not to mention refreshing also.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Bob Michael wrote:
movingalways wrote:One also needs wisdom discernment to pattern oneself after those who have gone before to light the way of being wisdom transformed.
Patterning oneself after some of those who have gone before (us) may be of benefit for a time, But if we are to ever become pure or free Spirits we must go beyond all of the heretofore gurus, godmen, saviors, saints, philosophers, etc., since they have ALL fallen short of the full glory of the Infinite. Which demands not only wisdom or genius from its chosen few, but also right- or loving-action in all of one's words, thoughts, and deeds. Which would also be to possess that very rare but ultimate goal in life - Fullness of Manhood.
Bob Michael, it is not possible to arrive at the Wisdom of the nature of Reality without first standing on the shoulders who have gone before us. Thought is a continuum of expansion, not a vacuum of 'spontaneous wisdom.' No man is the creator of wisdom, but every man is the receiver of wisdom, one thought of Wisdom Realization at a time. I do agree that one must go within their own conscience and give evidence of themselves of the wisdom they have discovered, which is the expansion not of the word of Wisdom, but rather, of the experience or living of the spirit of the Wisdom received.

I do not comprehend the "Fullness of Manhood" of loving action to be the enlightenment of man, for the glory of the Infinite may be the source of these human thoughts, but of Itself, is not the fullness of any human thought, good, bad or indifferent.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

cousinbasil wrote:
Bob Michael wrote:Patterning oneself after some of those who have gone before (us) may be of benefit for a time, But if we are to ever become pure or free Spirits we must go beyond all of the heretofore gurus, godmen, saviors, saints, philosophers, etc., since they have ALL fallen short of the full glory of the Infinite.
If ALL of them have, then so shall we.

The real reason we must eventually cease merely patterning ourselves after anyone else is that no one else has been precisely in our own path, in our own shoes. The path may be similar, the shoes might be the same manufacturer and model, but they haven't been ours. Only ours are our own.

At the same time, any predecessor worthy of patterning oneself after in the first place has had to do this same thing, which is to fully grasp the entirety of his or her own circumstances, of his or her own life and being.

Once one does this, it immediately becomes not one's concern if anyone else has fallen short of the "full glory of the Infinite," nor by how much.
I agree with your words above, with the addition of the thought that we are all short of the "full glory of the Infinite" in direct relation to how thick is our veil that confuses the finite thoughts of the spirit of man or the sense thoughts of the spirit of Nature to be those of the Spirit of the Infinite. The more one has removed the darkness of this veil of ignorance, the closer they are to realizing the full glory of their infinity or omnipresence. No man who remains of his sense awareness, regardless of how good or moral he believes himself to be, can claim this full realization. Realizing the veil of the senses can be lifted completely is the realistic hope of man of attaining conscious union with the silent, invisible infinity of his I Am.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

movingalways wrote:Bob Michael, it is not possible to arrive at the Wisdom of the nature of Reality without first standing on the shoulders who have gone before us.
I never said it was, m/a. I said we must go 'beyond them' all if were to ever become pure and all-knowing Spirits. Were it not for J. Krishnamurti, especially, and many others of course, I doubt very much that I'd be genuinely and fully enlightened today. Or perhaps even alive.

And this wisdom you speak of must be a wisdom of the heart, and not merely a shallow and thereby spiritually or humanly unproductive wisdom of the head, the latter of which I feel is the case with much of what we call wisdom now-a-days. And the same thing is true of genius.

Fullness of Manhood, which again a very rare thing in these last days, is to be the New Adam, a perfected Christ or Buddha, or perhaps even Nietzsche's or Aurobindo's Superman.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Bob Michael wrote:
cousinbasil wrote:If ALL of them have (fallen short of the full glory of the Infinite), then so shall we.
Not those of us who are discerning enough to learn from their mistakes.
You are failing to see what you are implying. You are saying no matter whom we pattern ourselves after, that person has fallen short of what we can achieve. That is the very definition of self-exaltation. Don't mistake what I am getting at here, I am not advocating one should set one's sights low, or in any way limit realizing the fullest possible potential. And you are correct in emphasizing we should learn as much as possible from the mistakes made by those who have come before. The goal should be perfection, naturally; believing one will approach it more closely than anyone who lives or has lived might be the commonest error in judgment of all, itself prohibiting that very transcendence. If it is so lonely at the top, you might be climbing the wrong mountain.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

There is no perfection in the patterned world of matter, which means that no man, not even the Superman of Nietzsche is perfect. Jesus and Gautama were not Supermen of what is right, good and moral, for these are not absolute things, rather Jesus and Gautama realized that their thought pattern of matter, whether natural or intellectual, was but an emanation or extension of the Pure Awareness of Life Itself.

An emanation or extension that is purposed to appear, and then, to disappear in their conscious awareness of the life of themselves. Bob, you speak of a Wisdom of the heart, but what I have come to comprehend, that the road to Wisdom may begin with the heart of 'what is believed to be right, good and true', but that it is the very thought pattern of 'heart thoughts' that is the life-giver to matter in the intellectual mind of man. Martin Luther King Jr. said it very succinctly when he said "There is a tension at the heart of the universe." The tension of a personal, intellectual attachment to a human ideal.

To be perfected is to be purged of 'what matters to me' whether it is a natural thought or an intellectual thought. Wisdom is the realization that man is the conscience of the Infinity of Pure Awareness and of its emanations/extensions, of which matter is but one, and being as such, is the unit of conscious awareness that is responsible for gathering up or reconciling matter thoughts to Its Source, that is, the Infinity of Pure Thought Awareness. This means there are no mistakes in conscious awareness, only a failure to realize that that which you seek in the world of matter, you already are in Its Original State.

Wisdom of Conscience of Consciousness has nothing to do with perfection of the mind of matter, of the manifestation of a Superman or a sage of the earth. If every there was an ultimate oxymoron, this is it.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

cousinbasil wrote:You are failing to see what you are implying.

That's not the case at all c/b, nor do I have any expectations of being understood by anyone who themsleves haven't undergone a radical rebirth or kundalini awakening experience or experiences. And the fact that all the heretofore awakened or enlightened souls that went before us didn't place this vital need in the forefront is the fundamental reason for their failing to be truly effective in the liberation of others.
Last edited by Bob Michael on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

movingalways wrote:There is no perfection in the patterned world of matter, which means that no man, not even the Superman of Nietzsche is perfect. Jesus and Gautama were not Supermen of what is right, good and moral, for these are not absolute things, rather Jesus and Gautama realized that their thought pattern of matter, whether natural or intellectual, was but an emanation or extension of the Pure Awareness of Life Itself.
Could be wrong m/a but I feel you're talking from knowledge or the intellect and not from your own personal experiences of being radically transformed; and consequently living and thinking and perceiving things on a deep intuitive level rather than from a conditioned and relatively shallow self-protective thought mode.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Bob Michael wrote:
movingalways wrote:There is no perfection in the patterned world of matter, which means that no man, not even the Superman of Nietzsche is perfect. Jesus and Gautama were not Supermen of what is right, good and moral, for these are not absolute things, rather Jesus and Gautama realized that their thought pattern of matter, whether natural or intellectual, was but an emanation or extension of the Pure Awareness of Life Itself.
Could be wrong m/a but I feel you're talking from knowledge or the intellect and not from your own personal experiences of being radically transformed; and consequently living and thinking and perceiving things on a deep intuitive level rather rather than from a conditioned and relatively shallow self-protective thought mode.
About your first statement, you are indeed wrong. You cannot know my mind, which you demonstrated by using the phrase "I feel." Your human feelings cannot possibly interpret my Wisdom of going beyond my human feelings so to be able to speak from this point of view. Note that I said "going beyond", which means, that at one time I interpreted my I am identity as you are doing now, by your "feelings." Until one goes beyond their human feelings, they cannot realize the totality of the Wisdom of who they are. I am not totally transcended of my human feelings of I think and I believe, I am in the world, but not of the world, but I am on the path to be wholly transcended of "what matters to me." To be obedient to the way of being purged/purified, which is what I am doing when I speak on forums such as these.

As for your second statement, to me, you appear to be contradicting yourself. You say wisdom is of the heart, yet are you not implying above that it is 'better' to live and think and perceive from a conditioned and relatively shallow self-protective thought mode than one of living and thinking and perceiving things on a deep intuitive level? I do not agree that either level of awareness is that of being the Wisdom of one's Totality, but I do believe that depth of intuition brings one closer to this Wisdom than does shallowness of conditioned perception.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

You have my very best wishes m/a.