Disagreement

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
mensa-maniac

Disagreement

Post by mensa-maniac »

Disagreement

Why do you suppose people disagree with you, I hope it would be because they have a better answer, and not because they think they have a better answer, however, by their disagreeing basically they are saying what they have to offer is better.

The best answer regardless of any disagreements is the answer that makes most sense.

Not everyone can be right otherwise there would be no disagreement. This is a logical statement!

Imagine if everyone were in agreement, we wouldn't be human, we'd all be right. Imagine the intelligence of this one consciousness, total oneness!
Dan Rowden

Re: Disagreement

Post by Dan Rowden »

It rather depends on whether the subject of the disagreement has an "objective" dimension. If so, then disagreement is necessarily a bad thing because it means someone is wrong (or perhaps everyone).

Of course, that only works if you care about people being wrong.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Everyone is wrong about everything. The trick is to be usefully wrong.

Most people in the world are not usefully wrong. They are destructively wrong, and that's why problems exist.
I live in a tub.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Unidian wrote:Everyone is wrong about everything.
Yeah, you're right about that.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Indeed, hehe.

If everyone is wrong about everything, then I am naturally wrong about that as well, which allows the possibility of someone being right.

And that someone, it just so happens, is me.
I live in a tub.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I agree, which means....
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Which means I just poured hot grits down my pants.

Thank you.
I live in a tub.
Nick

Post by Nick »

haha
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Dan Rowden wrote:I agree, which means....
Mensa says: Which means you didn't disagree, but it doesn't make Unidian right because you agree. It just means you agree with what he believes is right, you are agreeing with him that everyone is wrong, and that he is right, which in turn forces me to disagree with that absurd statement that everyone is wrong. I cannot disagree with Unidian saying that he is right, in his mind he is right, all I can disagree with is the statement that everyone is wrong. I can say that I am ignorant and be right, but I cannot be right by saying that I am wrong.

Mensa says: Everyone is right in their own subjectiveness unless they are deluded or illogical.
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

ok Donna, but all of this begs the question: If defiling hot grits is wrong, do we really want to be right?
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Carmel wrote:ok Donna, but all of this begs the question: If defiling hot grits is wrong, do we really want to be right?
Mensa says: I don't understand what you're saying Carmel, what does defiling hot grits mean?
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Mensa says: I don't understand what you're saying Carmel, what does defiling hot grits mean?
It means everything to me.
I live in a tub.