The Fallacy Of Genius

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
deceit

The Fallacy Of Genius

Post by deceit »

Whilst hoping to spur some significant reply. I wonder if the idea of a forum dedicated to the ingenious of genius is some what contradictory. Anyone with "absolute" genius would surely see the futility of such a site. Whereby disillusioned genius have sugarcoated there ego by suggesting themselves as something omniscient that supersedes themselves and their peers. I wish good luck to the people who I have witnessed here. Those who are truly and remarkably a sage and those who are living in a disconcerted mystified paradigm.

I myself do not consider myself a "genius". However this site seems to have lost all it's creativity.
Steven Coyle

Re: The Fallacy Of Genius

Post by Steven Coyle »

shows up down
deceit

Post by deceit »

*Hi five*
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

just got out of a noose
deceit

Post by deceit »

For a moment their I thought post count was directly related to genius.

Anything valuable to offer? Would you rather just be an observant cantankerous c**t.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

genius is "I am" which somebody badly lacks...
deceit

Post by deceit »

So a certified "i am" genius would relentlessly pursue a forum that consumes most of his day. When surely he has far more greater pursuits to avenge? Although I'm sure your the effervescent sage I am referring to.

I sense some sour insecurities. However I do believe their is a difference between enlightenment and genius. Cough, not to mention the disillusioned "I think there for I am" disenthralled genius
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Yeah I eat grapes.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

this sub-strata is nearly what went down with myself and my brother yesterday, hib
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

deceit wrote:Whilst hoping to spur some significant reply. I wonder if the idea of a forum dedicated to the ingenious of genius is some what contradictory. Anyone with "absolute" genius would surely see the futility of such a site. Whereby disillusioned genius have sugarcoated there ego by suggesting themselves as something omniscient that supersedes themselves and their peers. I wish good luck to the people who I have witnessed here. Those who are truly and remarkably a sage and those who are living in a disconcerted mystified paradigm.

I myself do not consider myself a "genius". However this site seems to have lost all it's creativity.
You consider yourself a genius
dumb_genius

Post by dumb_genius »

For myself, I have found that I have pragmatic endeavors; they could be denoted as the 'better things' you speak of. These include my research, history, computers, programming, exercise, writing and so on. These do indeed take up much of my time.

However, my mind remains a mess due to conditioning and inherent human imperfection. One of my metaphysical goals, although it is also highly practical is to become happy and healthy. The journey I have taken as a result of this goal has led me to the conclusion that enlightenment is the answer.

I traveled down a healing path and I expected to simply become happy and healthy. To my surprise it has become clear that this road brings up interesting questions as to how to proceed. I have joined this forum (as well as others) to discuss these questions.

For example, it might sound trite but now that I am more enlightened I find that it is not a problem to talk to women or to get the things I have seemingly wanted for so long. For myself I often see positively lovely 18-22 year old girls at the gym or in the library and it is clear that they would copulate with my person given the opportunity. I have already come to the conclusion that marriage and committed relationships are really more of a business arrangement and so one should make a rational decision based on a number of factors. However, sex is another thing entirely, I have found happiness in celibacy up to this point (after about a decade of various indulgences) but these young girls are so much the avatar of the feminine and certainly available in this day and age. As a result of this dilemma I have been reading both online and offline, and also passively seeking discussion regarding the matter. Am I mature enough to enjoy sex without craving it? Can that even be accomplished? If it can be is it a waste of time?
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

no more bally back
deceit

Post by deceit »

dumb_genius wrote:For myself, I have found that I have pragmatic endeavors; they could be denoted as the 'better things' you speak of. These include my research, history, computers, programming, exercise, writing and so on. These do indeed take up much of my time.

However, my mind remains a mess due to conditioning and inherent human imperfection. One of my metaphysical goals, although it is also highly practical is to become happy and healthy. The journey I have taken as a result of this goal has led me to the conclusion that enlightenment is the answer.

I traveled down a healing path and I expected to simply become happy and healthy. To my surprise it has become clear that this road brings up interesting questions as to how to proceed. I have joined this forum (as well as others) to discuss these questions.

For example, it might sound trite but now that I am more enlightened I find that it is not a problem to talk to women or to get the things I have seemingly wanted for so long. For myself I often see positively lovely 18-22 year old girls at the gym or in the library and it is clear that they would copulate with my person given the opportunity. I have already come to the conclusion that marriage and committed relationships are really more of a business arrangement and so one should make a rational decision based on a number of factors. However, sex is another thing entirely, I have found happiness in celibacy up to this point (after about a decade of various indulgences) but these young girls are so much the avatar of the feminine and certainly available in this day and age. As a result of this dilemma I have been reading both online and offline, and also passively seeking discussion regarding the matter. Am I mature enough to enjoy sex without craving it? Can that even be accomplished? If it can be is it a waste of time?
I agree with you whole heartedly. Particularly with the apprehension to talk to women. I find them fascinating creatures. Although you seem to believe that there is something wrong in exploring sexual avenues with women who are at the climax of their fruitfulness. From your stand point I don't see maturity to have anything to do with a predisposition for younger women and most DEFINITELY not a waste of time.
Manatron wrote:
deceit wrote:Whilst hoping to spur some significant reply. I wonder if the idea of a forum dedicated to the ingenious of genius is some what contradictory. Anyone with "absolute" genius would surely see the futility of such a site. Whereby disillusioned genius have sugarcoated there ego by suggesting themselves as something omniscient that supersedes themselves and their peers. I wish good luck to the people who I have witnessed here. Those who are truly and remarkably a sage and those who are living in a disconcerted mystified paradigm.

You consider yourself a genius
I think I have experienced a peroid where I did see what it was like to be a genius. Where I experienced the uttermost capabilities of my mind. It was extraordinary to say the least. Which, funnily enough, brought me to this site, however I've come to realise I am no genius. At least not yet anyway.

Which brings me to the vague idea of a genius which seems to be annotated with everyones self in this forum. I know I know too little to about too much to be worthy of such a status nor have my endeavours taken off the ground to demand me a genius. A few characters here hint at the possibility of a great mind. Although they seem to have more of a facetious prose.

Edit: To the annoying man living in "Buddha land". Screw you grape eating dunce. Go take your tiresome vibes somewhere else.

Goethe said that perhaps only a genius is able to understand a genius.

I may have contradicted myself. Blah

Bigotted fool.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

eating large amounts of celery and masonic puffcorn reduces one to a gree...

what tomas just fed.

damn.
deceit

Post by deceit »

Steven Coyle wrote:eating large amounts of celery and masonic puffcorn reduces one to a gree...

what tomas just fed.

damn.
Your teas getting cold you odd sock. Go say hi to your brother for me.
dumb_genius

Post by dumb_genius »

I guess the sex thing is really about me not being able to enjoy it without entanglements and the ethics of having sex with young women who most likely want a relationship.

It also seems to me that western civilization leaves very little means of achieving intimacy for males and all that longing is funneled into sex. I am trying to achieve intimacy with my fellow humans without the use of sex. So far it is working, once I have met my intimacy needs without relationships or sex then I think I will be much more equipped to avoid codependency in my romantic relationships.
Anders Schlander

Post by Anders Schlander »

the intimacy you're talking about sounds like relationships to me. If that's actually the case, then ur mission is futile, since intimacy without intimacy is not imtimacy. As for Sex,

you say 'Am I mature enough to enjoy sex without craving it? Can that even be accomplished? If it can be is it a waste of time?'

If you don't crave sex, there is obviously no enjoyment from it, if there was no craving for sex, you wouldn't want it in the first place. If you do accomplish to get rid of any craving for sex, then sex itself becomes a waste of time regarding any such craving.

The other option is that you have sex just to become more familiar with what it is, not because of a craving, but I think you can manage that without needing to find another human being...

In short; you're obviously trying to think of love and attachment, or sex and desire/craving, as two different things.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

I believe there are two types of genius that should be considered. There is philosophical genius: meaning being logical in thought and action, not lost in ego/samsara, having a clear, sane mind with values grounded in truth. However, then I believe there is empirical genius. Being able to tinker with reality, do experiments, improve upon the imperfect world in some way. Both are types of intellectual activity that I value, although I see philosophical genius as being more primary, and empirical genius as more secondary.

Combine the two together and you have a powerful mental specimen indeed. That is the pursuit I am interested in these days.
deceit

Post by deceit »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:I believe there are two types of genius that should be considered. There is philosophical genius: meaning being logical in thought and action, not lost in ego/samsara, having a clear, sane mind with values grounded in truth. However, then I believe there is empirical genius. Being able to tinker with reality, do experiments, improve upon the imperfect world in some way. Both are types of intellectual activity that I value, although I see philosophical genius as being more primary, and empirical genius as more secondary.

Combine the two together and you have a powerful mental specimen indeed. That is the pursuit I am interested in these days.
$$$

Does this mean genius can be learned.

Seemingly does the empirical genius strive for power and perfection?

Can the mind of man be over driven to perpetuity?
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

deceit wrote:I think I have experienced a peroid where I did see what it was like to be a genius. Where I experienced the uttermost capabilities of my mind. It was extraordinary to say the least. Which, funnily enough, brought me to this site, however I've come to realise I am no genius. At least not yet anyway.
You mean the fact that you are lacking continuity in this regard. Discreteness is one of the keys to genius so you may be in the right direction without you even knowing it. Of course there are different kinds of geniuses, but i assume you are talking about a Daniel Tammet-like nature; one who can know things almost instantly while "seeing" the right solutions. This state is not worth pursuing because of some defects that may manifest, and death if one knows the road but is not ready for it (thus the brain). Most human brains cannot cope with these energies directly. But, what kind of experience did you have if may ask?
deceit wrote:Which brings me to the vague idea of a genius which seems to be annotated with everyones self in this forum. I know I know too little to about too much to be worthy of such a status nor have my endeavours taken off the ground to demand me a genius. A few characters here hint at the possibility of a great mind. Although they seem to have more of a facetious prose.
It is not because of this name "genius forums" is used; that there are geniuses on the forum. It remains a fact that this attracts a lot of want-to-be persons. You came here, thus you want to be a genius because you can't find your motivation anymore. Your genius brought you here in a process, but you had to remember that yourself after the process of coming here ended. If you however, did remember the process, then the experience you had in the past that made you believe you were a genius, is occuring out of sync...I mean, the fact that you are expressing yourself means that you are searching for the past in the present. Language is a medium for the process of remembrance, but effectiveness depends on the kind of language you use.
deceit wrote:Goethe said that perhaps only a genius is able to understand a genius
Because they are one and the same. Most geniuses don't agree with each other at all if they find each other because they realize the importance of expression. To them, it is a matter of speech, mirror and secrecy. Geniuses know they are the only ones existing as a separate entity...or almost the only ones. They know that everything is one with them separated and know how to utilize this knowledge. They see this oneness as a weakness for the human race because ordinary men do not know how to integrate properly or they can't even think at all. Geniuses feel cursed in the utilization of this force. For them, it is a source of weakness and of strength....this unity consciousness.

Intuition is more important than rational thought.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Deceit,
Does this mean genius can be learned.
A type of learning happens with genius, wrong thinking is corrected by right thinking, either by exposure to wiser individuals, reading and reflection and so on. It takes an inquisitive intellectual in the beginning, that is the seed to which genius grows.
Seemingly does the empirical genius strive for power and perfection?
If it is done for egotistical purposes, his empirical strivings will be sad and irrelevant, but if he has a scope or vision, some decent empirical principles, very little ego, and time to study, he can improve upon some small part of reality that has beneficial outcomes for future generations.
Can the mind of man be over driven to perpetuity?
Yes, it depends on how much emotion and ego are involved.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:A type of learning happens with genius, wrong thinking is corrected by right thinking, either by exposure to wiser individuals, reading and reflection and so on. It takes an inquisitive intellectual in the beginning, that is the seed to which genius grows.
A strong dissatisfaction with conventional life is important too.
deceit

Post by deceit »

Manatron wrote:
deceit wrote:I think I have experienced a peroid where I did see what it was like to be a genius. Where I experienced the uttermost capabilities of my mind. It was extraordinary to say the least. Which, funnily enough, brought me to this site, however I've come to realise I am no genius. At least not yet anyway.
You mean the fact that you are lacking continuity in this regard. Discreteness is one of the keys to genius so you may be in the right direction without you even knowing it. Of course there are different kinds of geniuses, but i assume you are talking about a Daniel Tammet-like nature; one who can know things almost instantly while "seeing" the right solutions. This state is not worth pursuing because of some defects that may manifest, and death if one knows the road but is not ready for it (thus the brain). Most human brains cannot cope with these energies directly. But, what kind of experience did you have if may ask?
deceit wrote:Which brings me to the vague idea of a genius which seems to be annotated with everyones self in this forum. I know I know too little to about too much to be worthy of such a status nor have my endeavours taken off the ground to demand me a genius. A few characters here hint at the possibility of a great mind. Although they seem to have more of a facetious prose.
It is not because of this name "genius forums" is used; that there are geniuses on the forum. It remains a fact that this attracts a lot of want-to-be persons. You came here, thus you want to be a genius because you can't find your motivation anymore. Your genius brought you here in a process, but you had to remember that yourself after the process of coming here ended. If you however, did remember the process, then the experience you had in the past that made you believe you were a genius, is occuring out of sync...I mean, the fact that you are expressing yourself means that you are searching for the past in the present. Language is a medium for the process of remembrance, but effectiveness depends on the kind of language you use.
deceit wrote:Goethe said that perhaps only a genius is able to understand a genius
Because they are one and the same. Most geniuses don't agree with each other at all if they find each other because they realize the importance of expression. To them, it is a matter of speech, mirror and secrecy. Geniuses know they are the only ones existing as a separate entity...or almost the only ones. They know that everything is one with them separated and know how to utilize this knowledge. They see this oneness as a weakness for the human race because ordinary men do not know how to integrate properly or they can't even think at all. Geniuses feel cursed in the utilization of this force. For them, it is a source of weakness and of strength....this unity consciousness.

Intuition is more important than rational thought.
The experience I endured can be seen in my first post here. I've nailed it down to a burst of mania which catapulted me into the mind of a working genius. This ended what I would call an "intellectual depression that spanned 3+ years". They day I discovered what might be wrong with me, why I felt so isolated all my life, was one of the most intense experiences. Which was followed by two weeks of profound inquisitive though. I didn't sleep for two weeks and suffered from delusions of grandeur. Although the powers I possessed were almost magical and the "delusions" where far from false. I had control over everything I came across. Every woman became instantly under my spell. I was talking to women 10 years above my age, I am very young, and they to were besotted as how "mature" I was.

Whenever I spoke to someone they became slightly frightened at my responses. Although they felt compelled to listen to what I was saying as my comments had sagacious property to them. I was solving problems and felt the need to help humanity. In turn I discovered a business opportunity that would no longer see me the need to work. Furthering my studies in what ever field I felt would have the greatest impact.

However my down turn came when I fell in "love" for a girl at what would seem first site (love for the first time and most notably the last). This occured coincidentally before my mania. On the first night alone she became so excited and confused as to what was happening. She even expressed how she felt scared, to the likings of "what the fuck is happening". However it was within the stages of my relationship that I lost my genius and she eventually ate me up and spat me out. Although I did many experiments on her whilst we were together. As of late I've been reading into the pyschology of women and almost all of it reeks truth to the insights I was making. Thankfully I have learnt that women are a means to an end in terms of invested interest. Although abstinence is out of the question. :)

"theres a reason god made you impossible to resist"

However I do not lead a conventional life in any way shape or form. Im slowly trying to make use of every minute of every day, whether it be a blow job, or reading, or playing an instrument. Furthering my progress at all costs. I am also regaining my personal skills at an alarming rate. I now see the futility of "love" and would prefer to either love altruisticly or not at all.

Although I definitely understand that I am not a genius to the proportions to which I was explaining. I couldn't see the possibilities of continuing the life style I was leading at the time. It was highly demanding and whilst the profoundness was great I became frightened that I would never leave this realm. The only road to genius now is hard ego-less labour.

I do seem to see it as the likes of a destiny or the possibility of becoming something greater and whether you'd like to call it the messiah complex is immune to me. For lately I've been considering whether or not I should train my brain to relinquish these ideas of greatness or whether to pursue them at all costs. I've come to the agreement that there is nothing on earth I'd rather do. Whatever it is that's why Im here. I would like to heed all the information you more experienced have.

However in reality I am pretty much the most normal guy you'd ever meet. In fact some would say "cool". However I do feel my fire slowly regaining its strength.

Great geniuses have the shortest biographies. Their cousins can tell you nothing about them.

What makes men of genius, or rather, what they make, is not new ideas, it is that idea - possessing them - that what has been said has still not been said enough.

A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

thought i'd put my little tid bit in here, 3 months in between posts. a true genius understands that the pursuit of knowledge is useless if it does not coincide with the pursuit of happiness. we must understand meaning does not exist in our existence, and happiness is all that we should seek. in my experience, knowledge brings forth the opposite of happiness; a further, more imprinted understanding by our lack of meaning.

we will rest in our graves, just as the man before us and just as the man after us will do too. whether sinner or saint, the surrounding earth will treat us equally. whether we lived a prosperous life or a life of missed opportunities, the insects will consume our rotting bodies. we are all equal, unconditionally, in life, just as we are in death.
deceit

Post by deceit »

Gurrb wrote:thought i'd put my little tid bit in here, 3 months in between posts. a true genius understands that the pursuit of knowledge is useless if it does not coincide with the pursuit of happiness. we must understand meaning does not exist in our existence, and happiness is all that we should seek. in my experience, knowledge brings forth the opposite of happiness; a further, more imprinted understanding by our lack of meaning.

we will rest in our graves, just as the man before us and just as the man after us will do too. whether sinner or saint, the surrounding earth will treat us equally. whether we lived a prosperous life or a life of missed opportunities, the insects will consume our rotting bodies. we are all equal, unconditionally, in life, just as we are in death.
If you were bestowed the power to see what others can't. It's hard not to look, search and to understand. Hopefully your understandings bring purposefulness and one can take action in order to make positive change. With a desparate hope that he can be content, happy or fulfilled. The tendency to complexity is a pretty common phenomena among humans throughout.

Although, I believe a genius is able to squeeze the most out of his time alive by using his abilities to stir the pot and make things interesting.

It'd be nice to leave some mark on this world.

Although how does one pursue happiness?