Does Marijuana Alter Logic?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Manatron

Re: Does Marijuana Alter Logic?

Post by Manatron »

Animus wrote:....somewhere in the brain there is a neurochemical similar to THC, it is similar primarily in its shape, the shape is what allows it to bind with the receptors, just like putting pieces of a puzzle together. The brain is modulating the production of this chemical along with myriad other chemicals using messenger molecules to normalize the function of the overall system. When THC or another drug is consumed it floods the area with its chemical and binds to receptor sites that it fits into, that its shape is compatible with. This occurs in addition to the regulated production of the existing chemicals. This causes over-activation and consequently abnormal operation of the system. The system compensates for this by down modulating the production or receptivity of the neurochemical that is being taken over by the drug. This is why prolonged use has so many negative effects on the system, the system becomes dependent on the drug for normal operation. The brain is very good at adapting to circumstances and it anticipates the influx of drug chemicals.
This could be very good science fiction.

The word "experience" is closely related to "experiment" but according to Kierkegaard's implications; the inferences postulated by the term itself; "experience" is not an addition to #modality# empiricism. There are paradoxes.

Your operationalism expressed above, could be translated into a story. En-visioning such processes is easier because they are more continuous; they have better resolution. Stories like alien invasions for example. The battle at the receptor etc... . This has nothing to do with science or standards, because everybody has an unique imagination and this serves better in art, right ? Wrong. Direct observation of facts exists. There aren't many people who are trained in such methodologies, but they do exist. In fact, everybody has the potential. Chemical or physical dependence is a concept and so is consciousness. It is possible to observe the internal universe by projection of programs. Contraction and expansion of consciousness have functions; shrinking --> limit::frequencyX as a function of contraction. Each real number corresponds to a M-state or mental state. It also corresponds to a certain sound. Cells are emitting sound. This M-state could correspond to the known M-branes today. An M-brane could be skeletal as some host. When a part of consciousness is contracted to frequencyX, and when the functions of the pineal gland are fully understood, then matter is transparent and a window to the battle in heaven. Do you want to participate ? If you want to participate, then "chemical dependency" has to watch out. A battle in heaven...or in space...or in central nervous system. Genetic control panel. R-type Delta is a very good healing system. In theory (if there was truly infinite thoughtpower) you could train all the muscles in your body by the use of a control pad. But of course; the woods are nice for a walk...fresh air...some jogging etc...balance is important. Maybe it is the year 2010.
Animus

Post by Animus »

I don't know what you are talking about Manatron.

http://cdp.sagepub.com/content/14/6/296.full
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

About the imagination. How this can affect certain things psychologically.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Manatron wrote:About the imagination. How this can affect certain things psychologically.
Well it can certainly give you cause to avoid taking things too seriously and trying to figure them out in high-resolution.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

The analysis by Animus is spot on.

Many components within drugs share the chemical geometry of other molecules, and so the body becomes adapted to receiving the components externally rather then manufacturing them internally.

A very in depth analysis of the evil caused by long-term use of many types of drugs.

I prefer my body to remain a self-sustaining unit, rather then becoming enslaved to external stimuli.

The posts by Dajevu remind me of a 16 year old teenage male who just discovered the pleasure center within his own mind, and is bragging about how cool it is to take up addictions, and how much he can consume.

Less is always more, whereas more is always stupidty.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Ryan-
The posts by Deja vu remind me of a 16 year old teenage male who just discovered the pleasure center within his own mind, and is bragging about how cool it is to take up addictions, and how much he can consume.

-Deja vu-
The posts. They make yours look very boring RR. They are my own invention after all. This one's for all you teenagers out there!

-tomas edgewise-
Why do the drug addicts seem to inhabit Canada and Australia? David Quinn, Animus, Donna Thompson, Dan Rowden, Elvis Presley & Mel Gibson.

PS - It's awfully tough to go on a mushroom bender day after day after day after (well, you get the idea).

Whereas, smoking marijuana the way Donna & Animus imply it must be like alcohol-driven psychosis. (some sort of know-it-all's until the buzz wears off). The THC tolerance level kicks in. Serious mental illness follows. They show up, talk shit (spout wise) for a week or two then disappear like Cheech & Chong.

Ditto for alcoholics, the daily buzz till one need sleep off the effects.
Don't run to your death
Animus

Post by Animus »

Tomas wrote:.

-Ryan-
The posts by Deja vu remind me of a 16 year old teenage male who just discovered the pleasure center within his own mind, and is bragging about how cool it is to take up addictions, and how much he can consume.

-Deja vu-
The posts. They make yours look very boring RR. They are my own invention after all. This one's for all you teenagers out there!

-tomas edgewise-
Why do the drug addicts seem to inhabit Canada and Australia? David Quinn, Animus, Donna Thompson, Dan Rowden, Elvis Presley & Mel Gibson.
I'll tell you why it seems that way, because you don't know how to do statistical analyses and pull shit out of your ass (ego) instead.

Cannabis use (most recent) by country

# 1 New Zealand: 22.23%
# 2 Australia: 17.93%
# 3 United States: 12.3%
# 4 United Kingdom: 9%
# 5 Switzerland: 8.5%
# 6 Ireland: 7.91%
# 7 Spain: 7.58%
# 8 Canada: 7.41%
# 9 Netherlands: 5.24%
# 10 Belgium: 5.01%
# 11 France: 4.7%
# 12 Italy: 4.6%
# 13 Greece: 4.39%
# 14 Germany: 4.1%
# 15 Denmark: 4.02%
# 16 Norway: 3.82%
# 17 Portugal: 3.68%
# 18 Czech Republic: 3.58%
# 19 Poland: 3.38%
# 20 Austria: 3.01%
# 21 Finland: 2.49%
# 22 Luxembourg: 1.94%
# 23 Hungary: 1.19%
# 24 Mexico: 1.13%
# 25 Sweden: 0.98%
# 26 Japan: 0.05%

Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/lif_c ... nnabis-use
PS - It's awfully tough to go on a mushroom bender day after day after day after (well, you get the idea).

Whereas, smoking marijuana the way Donna & Animus imply it must be like alcohol-driven psychosis. (some sort of know-it-all's until the buzz wears off). The THC tolerance level kicks in. Serious mental illness follows. They show up, talk shit (spout wise) for a week or two then disappear like Cheech & Chong.

Ditto for alcoholics, the daily buzz till one need sleep off the effects.
I take off after a week or so because there is rarely anything interesting being said here, and what is said is usually completely wrong and biased by egoism. I refer to your most recent post on vaccines and autism for a prime example.
Last edited by Animus on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animus

Post by Animus »

This thread here Tomas; viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5024&start=25

Where the "stoners" demonstrated your obvious egoic bias and completely discredited your point of view on autism.
Tomas

The Forum Stoners

Post by Tomas »

[quote="Stoner No. 1"]Does Marijuana Alter Logic?

-Stoner No. 1-
It would seem that only smoking logical people could answer this question.

-tomas-
Lemme get this straight. You started smoking grass when you were 9?

-Stoner No. 1-
Being a recipient of possessing logic and being a toker, I can say marijuana
doesn't alter my logic, but it brings a high awareness to my thinking.

-tomas-
Which is a causation to .. sit on your ass?

-Stoner No. 1-
My mind seems more aware than altered.

-tomas-
With your eyes open or closed?

-Stoner No. 1-
My friend says I change, a change is an alteration.

-tomas-
Does this friend remain sober when making this assumption?

-Stoner No. 1-
Of course, I change, everyone changes upon toking
marijuana, but it doesn't seem to alter my logic.

-tomas-
Go for a job interview while high..

-Stoner No. 1-
My logic is stable and continuing, logic is not broken or altered,
it is just that I am more aware to what I'm thinking about in
the fleeting moments under the influence of marijuana.

-tomas-
Yup, that thinking about is highly necessary.

-Stoner No. 1-
Marijuana influences people to be highly aware of themselves,
some people experience paranoia because they are faced with
themselves face to face due to the effects of marijuana giving
them the feeling of awareness of themselves.

-tomas-
Wow, like, far out man..

-Stoner No. 1-
This is a scary feeling to some of these paranoid
people who face themselves through toking.

-tomas-
Set up the video camera for a 6 hour session.

-Stoner No. 1-
Many people find themselves through toking marijuana
because of the awareness factors marijuana posesses.

-tomas-
Egads! You've hit paydirt!

-Stoner No. 1-
Marijuana heightens ones awareness of their thoughts,
thoughts become the focus point. Your thoughts
become magnified-totally aware.

-tomas-
Huh, my stash is running low, only 2 ounces left..

-Stoner No. 1-
So if your thoughts are on God, God becomes the focus point and more
and more thoughts will present themselves in association to God.

-tomas-
I get it, God leads you to to be self-satisfied.

-Stoner No. 1-
If your thoughts are on yourself, yourself will become magnified like you
become self-centered and depending on how you feel before you smoke
marijuana will determine the outcome of your journey with smoking pot.

-tomas-
Hmmm, time to jump the border into Canada, the resurrected Garden of Eden!

-Stoner No. 1-
If you feel inferior/blue/jealous/miserable or down trodden in any
way, and you smoke pot, your feelings will be magnified, you will
feel worse unless you suddenly change your mood to good.

-tomas-
Okay, those sudden impulses are a good thing..

-Stoner No. 1-
The more marijuana one smokes the higher the THC level is in their bodies,
and the less high they will feel unless the marijuana is high grade.

-tomas-
Well, don't that beat all!

-Stoner No. 1-
Marijuana is used world-wide by most people because
it is good and has beneficial properties.

-tomas-
While cleaning out our side-closet today I came upon some
marijuana seeds, what do you suggest I do with them?

-Stoner No. 1-
If it wasn't good the majority wouldn't partake in it.

-tomas-
How about a brownie recipe, Donna ;-)

-Stoner No. 1-
In some countries it is legal and children consume it.

-tomas-
Your kidding, right?

-Stoner No. 1-
Does marijuana alter logic? I can say no while straight,
and I can say no while under the influence.

-tomas-
Well if that ain't parley, I don't know what is!

-Stoner No. 1-
If marijuana altered my logic while under the
influence the answers would be different.

-tomas-
You don't say...

-Stoner No. 1-
What you see here is a logical truth and a mind under the influence.

-tomas-
Uh huh, a true genius have we in our midst!

Bless you, Donna. May the gods look kindly upon you.

Warm regards,
Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite FreeMason

VietNam veteran - 1971

Don't run to your death
Animus

Post by Animus »

The compensation theory accounts for why people feel high-er in novel environments, because of Pavlovian style conditioning to environmental stimuli, it's all in the link I posted.

Animus (the Cannabis)
Autodidact
Polymath
High-school Drop-out
Stoner
Recluse
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

[quote="Still Smokin'"]Does Marijuana Alter Logic

-Still Smokin'
So if marijuana alters thinking, and thinking is thought, and thought is or is
not logical, it is affected regardless of reasoning ability, reasoning ability
just seems to revert to irrationality of thought under the influence of marijuana.

-tomas
Very well put.

-Still Smokin'
Ques: If logical thought can be altered, what would it be altered to?
Ans: It is altered to reduction, rational thought is reduced to irrational thought, it becomes it's opposite.
If above is true, then, rational thought becomes irrational thought...

-tomas
Bob Denver (of Gilligan's Island fame) talked like the above. He was a toker.

-Still Smokin'
Upon proving this I shall answer a question presented to me from
two different mindsets--a straight mind vs. a stoned mind.

-tomas
Geez, and I thought I had a difficult time going to sleep at night.

-Still Smokin'
This will provide evidence of rational or irrational mindsets.
If indeed there is any irrationality there at all.

-tomas
Let's hope the marijuana dealers get their cut.

-Still Smokin'
So throw a question at me.

-tomas
Seriously. Do you believe Jesus toked? The Last Supper image showed Judas with the "stash" bag.

Don't run to your death
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Tomas wrote:
Still Smokin' wrote:Does Marijuana Alter Logic

-Still Smokin'
So if marijuana alters thinking, and thinking is thought, and thought is or is
not logical, it is affected regardless of reasoning ability, reasoning ability
just seems to revert to irrationality of thought under the influence of marijuana.

-tomas
Very well put.

-Still Smokin'
Ques: If logical thought can be altered, what would it be altered to?
Ans: It is altered to reduction, rational thought is reduced to irrational thought, it becomes it's opposite.
If above is true, then, rational thought becomes irrational thought...

-tomas
Bob Denver (of Gilligan's Island fame) talked like the above. He was a toker.

-Still Smokin'
Upon proving this I shall answer a question presented to me from
two different mindsets--a straight mind vs. a stoned mind.

-tomas
Geez, and I thought I had a difficult time going to sleep at night.

-Still Smokin'
This will provide evidence of rational or irrational mindsets.
If indeed there is any irrationality there at all.

-tomas
Let's hope the marijuana dealers get their cut.

-Still Smokin'

-tomas
Seriously. Do you believe Jesus toked? The Last Supper image showed Judas with the "stash" bag.

Mensa says: Well, perhaps people in those times all smoked pot, maybe it wasn't thought of as an evil thing. Jesus walked upon the waters, perhaps it's because he just ate a handful of mushrooms, and when he healed all those people he probably just smoked a big fatty and shared some with the people he healed. Jesus wasn't against drinking wine, so why would he be against the wonders of marijuana. The seeds were put on this planet for humanities use. Yes, I think Jesus toked, he probably introduced it to the people. Jesus was only against gambling in "my fathers house"
Blair

Post by Blair »

dejavu wrote:prince:
The short answer is, Marijuana turns you into a deadbeat.

It has not one iota of positive value.
I forgot that prince smokes cigarettes. Like a girl.
Say that to my face you fucking weenfaced spineless shitweasel. I'd bust you open.

You have no integrity mate, none.
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

Ryan Rudolph wrote: The analysis by Animus is spot on.

Many components within drugs share the chemical geometry of other molecules, and so the body becomes adapted to receiving the components externally rather then manufacturing them internally.

A very in depth analysis of the evil caused by long-term use of many types of drugs.
There is no evil in drugs. If you talk about components then these components could be those that make you think too rationally that are manufactured inside. The evil you talk about is you.
Ryan Rudolph wrote: I prefer my body to remain a self-sustaining unit, rather then becoming enslaved to external stimuli.
There is always a risk of becoming enslaved to external stimuli. There are always choices to be made. One can feel dependency and know the source. This is the ego that is faced with a choice. If you prefer to remain a self-sustaining unit then some short time ago you were not sustaining yourself and this because of external stimuli. This is the evil that became your shadow and slipped behind the curtain of time.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Manatron,
There is no evil in drugs. If you talk about components then these components could be those that make you think too rationally that are manufactured inside. The evil you talk about is you.
The effects of long-term drug use is a sort of slavery, a loss of freedom, and in this sense, falling into the lazy deterministic pattern of drug use is an evil of sorts. It causes a slavery for the individual.

There is no "Me" to talk about. There is only a myriad of deterministic forces acting on consciousness, some necessary, and some enslaving, and so free-will is an illusion.
There is always a risk of becoming enslaved to external stimuli. There are always choices to be made. One can feel dependency and know the source. This is the ego that is faced with a choice. If you prefer to remain a self-sustaining unit then some short time ago you were not sustaining yourself and this because of external stimuli. This is the evil that became your shadow and slipped behind the curtain of time.
The risk can be avoided through a total negation of what enslaves. Choice is an illusion, an illusion born from the belief that the ego is free, and the ego is free to make any choice it wants, the world is deterministic, and when there is awareness, the path becomes clear - negate what enslaves. The forum as an external stimuli could be an addicting stimuli, but if one became addicted to it, then one would need to negate it from their live, at least for awhile. Usually, drugs need to be negated totally, especially if one has the genetic deposition of an addict.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Animus wrote:I generally have to agree with Dan's first reply.

I've used marijuana for 14 years and I'm just about to smoke another joint. Averaging about 3 joints an evening, one every 2 hours, and that's pacing myself. I've learned to draw out the intervals between consumption, but its been difficult.

The way I see it, and this is a mix of experience and study... the initial use of marijuana alters perception in profound but elusive ways. Its not easy to place exactly what changes in perception. I think perhaps the best way of expressing it is short-term memory loss and inability to stay focused or loss of attention. However, in my experience the loss of attention and memory tends to pertain to attachment to external reality. I've been more apt to recede in thought, in a kind of meditative trance. Although marijuana is certainly not necessary for this purpose and not worth the damage to memory and attention. Let alone the habitual aspect.

The way I see the habit forming neurophysiologically is with the theory of compensation. Essentially what Ryan said about THC interacting with existing receptors. Think of it this way, somewhere in the brain there is a neurochemical similar to THC, it is similar primarily in its shape, the shape is what allows it to bind with the receptors, just like putting pieces of a puzzle together. The brain is modulating the production of this chemical along with myriad other chemicals using messenger molecules to normalize the function of the overall system. When THC or another drug is consumed it floods the area with its chemical and binds to receptor sites that it fits into, that its shape is compatible with. This occurs in addition to the regulated production of the existing chemicals. This causes over-activation and consequently abnormal operation of the system. The system compensates for this by down modulating the production or receptivity of the neurochemical that is being taken over by the drug. This is why prolonged use has so many negative effects on the system, the system becomes dependent on the drug for normal operation. The brain is very good at adapting to circumstances and it anticipates the influx of drug chemicals. A regular user like myself who smokes a joint every 2 hours will develop a compensation prior to and in anticipation of the next hit. What this means is that the brain anticipates the next joint and prepares itself by down regulating its normal operation. This is why users feel withdrawal effects, the brain is anticipating or craving the drug to return to normal operation.

The compensation theory explains much of drug addiction, it explains why alcoholics can die from cardiac arrest when trying to quit cold turkey. In that case alcohol takes over features of the cerebellum that regulate heart-rate. Enslaving the alcoholic to the alcohol in such a way as to literally kill them if they don't submit, and otherwise are plagued by withdrawal. There is something to be appreciated in a normal state of consciousness prior to the scourge of drug addiction. However, I don't think that the dynamics expressed in the compensation theory of drug addiction are very much different from the way us humans habituate to our environments in general.

I certainly don't recommend doing drugs, neither as a long-term user or someone a little keen on the theory.
Mensa says: I agree with your whole post Animus, I couldn't have said it better.
Animus

Post by Animus »

I forgot to mention to the link between marijuana use and visual psychoses like "Visual Snow" or "Persistent Migraine Aura".

It's something I experience most of the time

http://www.thevisioncommunity.com/index ... Itemid=171

Set Density to 20 and Flicker to 9 and that's roughly my experience
Nick

Post by Nick »

I think the high one gets from marijuana definitely has some philosophical usefulness, but kind of like what Dan said, only those who already have a philosophical predisposition will really benefit from it in the right kind of way. Personally I was a very heavy user of marijuana for 4 years straight, then I quit cold turkey for 4 years (I might have hit a joint once or twice a year at best) and experienced absolutely no withdrawal symptoms which I found really shocking considering just how much weed I used to smoke. The only real difference I noticed in myself between these two periods was that I was able to remember my dreams better when I wasn't using marijuana. Presently I use marijuana, but I only smoke a very small amount when I do (a tiny finger pinch) probably about every other day.

The altered states can be fun, whether it be while philosophizing or playing a game, as it seems to allow me to experience whatever I'm doing from a fresh perspective. Smoking weed also seems to bring to the surface some undeveloped thoughts, which can be interesting to sort through. Plus I enjoy the physical sensation of smoking, but I really can't stand cigarettes. Overall I'd say smoking weed isn't that big of a deal for better or worse. Although the altered states are unique to marijuana, they are rather mild in their intensity, and it's relatively safe even compared to most presription drugs. Listening to a really good song can give me a just as intense of a high, although it's of a very different kind, but again that may just be because I'm a very light user.
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:The effects of long-term drug use is a sort of slavery, a loss of freedom, and in this sense, falling into the lazy deterministic pattern of drug use is an evil of sorts. It causes a slavery for the individual.

There is no "Me" to talk about. There is only a myriad of deterministic forces acting on consciousness, some necessary, and some enslaving, and so free-will is an illusion.
Do you mean that the effects of long-term use is a sort of slavery as in a psychological sense or a physical ? Marihuana is not hard to get rid of. Other drugs on the other hand are more dangerous. It is a long known fact that it has negative effects on the short-term memory, and on motoric and speech skills. These are the negative effects if one is a heavy user. But maybe one could forget just those things that are less important than other things. It could become unpleasant if one has to write down ideas for example. If one writes it (or whatever) in ordinary english, then there is a danger because more memory is needed. If one however uses other notational means, it could become even easier. But not everyone follows the same pattern. Most people don't react well on marihuana, and then you have statistics. There it affects crime rates and someplace else it reflects peace and another place somewhere else it stimulates creativity in general.

You are saying that free will is an illusion. It depends on how far one wants to go or what direction one chooses.
Ryan Rudolph wrote:The risk can be avoided through a total negation of what enslaves. Choice is an illusion, an illusion born from the belief that the ego is free, and the ego is free to make any choice it wants, the world is deterministic, and when there is awareness, the path becomes clear - negate what enslaves. The forum as an external stimuli could be an addicting stimuli, but if one became addicted to it, then one would need to negate it from their live, at least for awhile. Usually, drugs need to be negated totally, especially if one has the genetic deposition of an addict.
With negating drugs you get nowhere. Probably, while you typed that, someone somewhere in the world lighted a joint. However, for heavier drugs i could understand what you are saying.
Tomas

Did Jesus do the backstroke?

Post by Tomas »

-Mensa-

-tomas earlier-

Mensa says: Well, perhaps people in those times all smoked pot, maybe it wasn't thought of as an evil thing.

-tomas-
Not so much an evil thing it was distinguishing between hemp and cannabis.

-Mensa-
Jesus walked upon the waters, perhaps it's
because he just ate a handful of mushrooms,

-tomas-
What with his flowing robe he probably used that for
a sail ride to the Isle of Patmos for more mushrooms.

-Mensa-
and when he healed all those people he probably just smoked
a big fatty and shared some with the people he healed.

-tomas-
And then, on to the Last Supper because (er, due to a case) of the munchies...

-Mensa-
Jesus wasn't against drinking wine, so why would he be against the wonders of marijuana.

-tomas-
Dejavu has a recipe for mushroom wine?

-Mensa-
The seeds were put on this planet for humanities use.

-tomas-
Okay, I'll toss some in the planters at the police department.

-Mensa-
Yes, I think Jesus toked, he probably introduced it to the people.

-tomas-
Too bad Pilate didn't hit the peace pipe..

-Mensa-
Jesus was only against gambling in "my fathers house"

-tomas-
Next time around he won't be born a Jew,
he'll move to Las Vegas and set up shop.

Manna from heaven - what a beautiful choice!
Don't run to your death
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

For the record - I generally agree that Marijuana is a mild drug, compared to most out there. Alcohol is worse than marijuana for the long-term damage it does to heavy users. More brain and organ damage with alcohol. However, as you say, heavy users of marijuana end up with poor memory, and it also affects ones motivation to survive, which can be a benefit for a philosopher in the beginning, but it becomes a hindrance eventually.

From my experience and from what I've read, heavy users often have a better appreciation for art, beauty and the nature world, but they often fall into many of the same pitfalls if they are not advanced philosophers - such as a paranoia towards the government and authority figures, an idolatry for musicians, a belief in being guided by supernatural figures, or other light schizophrenic episodes.

The drug is considered light and mild in my view compared to some of the harder drugs, but it can have a diversity of negative effects on certain brain types.

Personally, Marijuana didn't have an extreme effect on my consciousness when I experimented with it as a youth. Back then, I preferred the effects of alcohol more, probably because of the more noticeable effects on the brain.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Alcohol is arguably the worst form of recreational drug in popular use.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Does Marijuana Alter Logic?

Ryan, I see you've changed your tune a little, and even came down to earth a bit and admit you toked in your youth, perhaps preferrance was the initiator of truth!

But, to volunteer information isn't always wise as you know, however in this thread truth prevails because honesty is what is called for in this discussion of marijuana. And I thank everyone for theirs.

I started this thread because it is a good avenue for learning truths of marijuana.

My son Jason was killed in 97, that is when I took up smoking pot seriously, before that it was rare for me to toke. I love to smoke it, at first I was paranoid, so much in fact, I couldn't answer my own door, now the THC level is so high that I seldom feel high and need to smoke more to get a buzz, but, I never feel paranoid anymore. Now I can do anything while high, and nobody has a clue I'm high when I'm high. Many people think everyone knows they're high, that's the paranoia, all you need to do is realize they don't know, than you'll be fine.

I love smoking pot because I challenge my own thoughts, I love to think while high. I don't drink alcohol because only one drink gets me drunk, it makes me hugely ill to the point of vomitting and sick for 2 days. Alcohol poisons me, I'm sure I'm allergic to the vile gut wrenching crap.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Smoke a joint before entering court... you'll feel super high and paranoid. The lack of high and paranoia is a result of drug tolerance, and entering into a novel and stressful environment will cause all that to come back.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Mensa,
Ryan, I see you've changed your tune a little, and even came down to earth a bit and admit you toked in your youth, perhaps preferrance was the initiator of truth!
I haven't actually changed my tune, I still believe Marijuana is generally not beneficial, and one can be fully rational and conscious without it. And because I am a minimalist by nature, I prefer to do without what I can. It makes ones body/mind stronger.

I was basically just agreeing with certain statements that Marijuana is a light drug, but not without its negative effects. However, just because it is a light drug doesn't mean it is desirable to use regularly.

Overall the long-term negative effects of using Marijuana outweigh any positive effects it may have, as these effects can be achieved without the drug itself.

I only shared my personal past to illustrate that I do have life experience with drug use, experience that I learned from, and experience that I realized that drugs are not of much value. People who are bored with reality are the ones who generally experiment, but if reality is amazing enough for you, there is no reason to alter your consciousness.