Equality:

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
jupiviv

Equality:

Post by jupiviv »

(Partly a response to some posts in this thread.)

The greatest sages have no problem in regarding women in the proper way. They see women simply as another logical entity in the universe. They are immortal, how can they be bothered by mortality? That's what women represent - mortality; the material, natural world that is always changing, and which confuses and overwhelms the individual with its variety and magnanimity. When women sit still, men project their ideals onto them, and see them as goddesses of immaculate purity and beauty. But then they start talking and moving - changing - and the ideal is suddenly gone. A truth of a lie never lasts long. Once women start moving about busily, engrossed in work, all the confusion comes rushing back again. Actually, their passivity does not change into activity, but merely another form of passivity. At this point, most men are too overwhelmed to start idealising again, so they tell themselves another lie - that the state of affairs before them is itself ideal. They become women themselves, and rejoice that they have become so. All of the modern movements can be defined thus - women ensuring that they would not be hindered from being what they are, and men doing likewise.

I've already said everything I wanted to say, however, I'll repeat what I said in a different way. Women, in actuality(and not fantasy), are average-ness personified. No man should seek equality with women(or anyone else for that matter), and neither seek to be their superiors or inferiors. The desire for equality is motivated by the same emotions as the desire for superiority and inferiority. Rather, men should seek to become themselves, and realise their infinite isolation in the sublime, remote heights of genius. Only this, can be the goal of humanity, and only this can lead to the true improvement of the condition of women.