All that you require for happiness?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
RWI

All that you require for happiness?

Post by RWI »

What are the basic necessities that you need in order to be happy?
Dan Rowden

Re: All that you require for happiness?

Post by Dan Rowden »

Delusion.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

"All that you require for happiness?"

"Delusion"

What do you mean Dan?
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

"All that you require for happiness"

Marijuana used for medical purposes to give me back the feeling of euphoria robbed from me by the drug inhibitor which blocks the production of dopamine responsible for the euphoria we feel naturally.

Therefore, it should be given to me by the government for free, considering I'm a guinea pig for the psychiatric field. It's not fair for me to lose out on my natural brain chemistry because psychiatry uses me for their own study at my expense! And I can't do anything about it because I am addicted to this drug inhibitor, which makes me a victim to it.

However, I am happy not to feel my feelings, because when I do feel them is when I'm overdue for my shot, I become overwhelmed by the feelings I feel. It's really amazing how this drug stops me from feeling my feelings and I have come to love the feeling of not feeling. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but, perhaps it's logic speaking vs. feeling. When I say I'm happy, it's not that I feel happy, it's that I know I'm happy without having to feel it.

But, looking at this from another perspective, "All that you require for happiness" is in order of importance, due to what I just said.

1) Marijuana to give me back the euphoria feeling for the health of my mind
2) Money
3) Food
4) Shelter
5) Music
6) Friends
7) Marijuana for the escapement of reality for another reality
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

mensa-maniac wrote:"All that you require for happiness?"

"Delusion"

What do you mean Dan?
I think that you answered that yourself right here:
mensa-maniac wrote:7) Marijuana for the escapement of reality for another reality
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

mensa-maniac wrote:Therefore, it should be given to me by the government for free, considering I'm a guinea pig for the psychiatric field. It's not fair for me to lose out on my natural brain chemistry because psychiatry uses me for their own study at my expense! And I can't do anything about it because I am addicted to this drug inhibitor, which makes me a victim to it.

1) Marijuana to give me back the euphoria feeling for the health of my mind
2) Money
3) Food
4) Shelter
5) Music
6) Friends
7) Marijuana for the escapement of reality for another reality
Seriously Mensa (Donna), are you just plain lazy or have you convinced yourself that you are incapable of holding down a job because of your self-induced addiction to a psychiatric drug?
Don't run to your death
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

I'm a wee tad lazy sometimes yes, but I keep a clean house. As for holding down a job--it has to be what I want, what I would be happy doing. And that would be anything to do with writing/editing/reading. I would like to be an Editor or the person who does the hiring. When I first went on disability pension, it hurt me mentally speaking. I believed I was incapable of working because of the fact that I was on disability, but I yearned to go to work and be with intelligent people. Yet, the reclusive side to me wants nothing to do with working with people, so I have to force myself to get involved. Being on a disability crippled my thinking and contributed to my thinking less of my abilities.

I have my resume in at the Penticton Western newspaper, however, these guys are suffering from the economy and nothing is available at this time, but, he will consider my application for the future he told me.

I would like to be working, I've been trying lately by getting involved with Work Zone, a place who helps people prepare for the workforce.

I've worked in the past a little, I trained to be a teller at the Montreal bank and received a diploma. I worked for the city when I was younger, an office job, but that didn't last long.
My longest job held was for 6 consecutive years at Eastgate Taxi where I controlled who went where and I answered the phones too. I literally learned N.E.S.W. on the map, because before I had no clue where north east south or west was. That was my favorite job, I was in control, and the responsibility to open and lock the premises. Another job I had for awhile was at Faith's drycleaning firm where she made me semi-manager, my responsibilities were to open and lock the premises and basically manage the place, I did well there, but she was insane. She ended up selling the place so I was out of a job again. I volunteered at the gift shop in the hospital for awhile, and volunteered at the Edmonton Food Bank. Oh, and I worked at the Y.W.C.A. which means Young Womens Christian Association working with children because I love children, I received a great recommendation letter. My first job was at age 18, where I worked at Copley Noyes and Randall, a clothing manufacturing place.

Now I would like a position where I'm in the position to tell people what to do, instead of them telling me what to do.

Thanks Tomas for giving me this opportunity to express myself by asking me questions.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

mensa-maniac wrote:Now I would like a position where I'm in the position to tell people what to do, instead of them telling me what to do.

Thanks Tomas for giving me this opportunity to express myself by asking me questions.
You're most welcome, Mensa.

I do greatly appreciate your candor. Volunteering is noble, those sorts of endeavors add to a person's (an individual's) resume and quite often lead to a $$$ job. Be unique .. Don't give up :-)

Warm Regards,
Tomas
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Tomas wrote:
mensa-maniac wrote:Now I would like a position where I'm in the position to tell people what to do, instead of them telling me what to do.

You're most welcome, Mensa.

I do greatly appreciate your candor. Volunteering is noble, those sorts of endeavors add to a person's (an individual's) resume and quite often lead to a $$$ job. Be unique .. Don't give up :-)

Warm Regards,
Tomas
Love you, too, mensa-maniac. Seriously, love ya.

*Huggie-wuggie*
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

ignorance, or delusion as was previously stated. drugs produce a sense of elation for the time being, but yields an opposite feeling when that high cannot be obtained, or through the wait of getting high again. happiness is of circumstance. all you listed mensa-maniac are things to distract you from misery. they are temporary, as one cannot forever be rich, as they will want to get richer/higher/more fed, etc.

happiness cannot be without misery; without its opposite.

is a man dead when he has stopped breathing or when he is forgotten?
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

I agree that we must experience our opposites. I've been sad all of my life, not depressed, but sad. It was an overwhelming feeling, completely despairing. I have never learned of where my sadness originated from. But, now the God within me has accepted Love, which has amazingly defeated the Demon of Sadness, Sadness no longer has me in bondage. I am a free spirit of love.

The love within me is my joy, my passion to share it's wisdom.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Thank you for being kind Tomas, I've always appreciated your style, your determinism, and your knowledge.

It's always good to spread good around.

And Thank you to Carl for your support, you've been around for a long time too.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

I just need lots of money, a few million. Money is metamorphic, it can be turned into whatever you want.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

Pincho Paxton wrote:I just need lots of money, a few million. Money is metamorphic, it can be turned into whatever you want.
sinful pleasures included
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

A greenhouse, my knowledge, and my ability to gain knowledge.

Accomplishment and progress are a product of these.

Happiness is a biproduct of accomplishment and progress.
To think or not to think.