Want To Introduce Myself

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
jufa

Want To Introduce Myself

Post by jufa »

Hi everyone! Am new here, and would like to open in saying I have checked my attitude at the door but not what I acknowledgement of my experiences. Have not come here to challenge anyones beliefs, emotions, and judgments concerning what they have experience, nor to attempt to prove anyone right or wrong. Just here to express myself.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Want To Introduce Myself

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Have not come here to challenge anyones beliefs, emotions, and judgments concerning what they have experience, nor to attempt to prove anyone right or wrong. Just here to express myself.
What would make you different from a spammer of a troll then?

No challenge, no judgment, no attempts, no proof: no consciousness.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

And why would you start a thread in Genius Forum to announce these things?

Is there not attitude in that?

And, does this really appear to be the type of Forum for just expressing oneself?
jufa

Post by jufa »

The same thing which makes you different. If you can tell me what makes you different, you have answered your own question.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
jufa

Post by jufa »

And why would you start a thread in Genius Forum to announce these things?

Is there not attitude in that?

And, does this really appear to be the type of Forum for just expressing oneself?
Is there a specific rule of introduction here?

I do not know if there is an attitude in my introduction. Should there be one, please display it in my words.

Does appearances demonstrate the heart and soul of this forum? If so, is your appearance and questions the only depth?

Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Most posters here simply begin; they join in the discussions taking place. Not that a special thread to announce oneself is wrong. It would be done in another forum, however, not the philosophy discussion forum.

The red writing in your signature also displays attitude (something you said you leave at the door). It draws attention to yourself instead of spotlighting your thoughts.
jufa

Post by jufa »

The red writing in your signature also displays attitude (something you said you leave at the door). It draws attention to yourself instead of spotlighting your thoughts.
Is the above assumption a universal truth, or just your opinion?

Diebert van Rhijn

jufa wrote:

The same thing which makes you different.
What would make me different is my challenging of all belief, emotions and engaging in judgment concerning what is experienced and its reality as well as attempting to increase awareness of right and wrong: a conscience.

But you just stated you're not here for that. So it's not "the same thing for you".

Then again, you just challenged me with you a rhetoric, mirror-holding reply, attempting to somehow show me my folly. Very good! But it's only contradicting your own introduction, your own intentions seem a mystery to yourself.

Everyone cannot help but expressing one self. So what?
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

jufa wrote:
Is the above assumption a universal truth, or just your opinion?

Universal.

Except on the planet Zebuton (in the Galaxy Alpha Romero) where it's considered a sexual come-on.
jufa

Post by jufa »

Universal huh?

You told me didn't you!!!

Nothing else needs to be said here then.

I'm dismissing myself.

Peace out!

Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-jufa-
Hi everyone!

-tomas-
Hello darling.

-jufa-
Am new here, and would like to open in saying I have checked my attitude at the door

-tomas-
Ah heck, bring it on in :-) Sit a spell, take your shoes off? Care to have your feet washed?

-jufa-
but not what I acknowledgement of my experiences.

-tomas-
Sure, we all showed up hungry and naked here at Genius Forums ..

-jufa-
Have not come here to challenge anyones beliefs,

-tomas-
Hey, sounds like my kinda guy (girl?)!

-jufa-
emotions,

-tomas-
Don't worry 'bout me, been there - done that :-)

jufa-
and judgments concerning what they have experience,

-tomas-
Go ahead and judge me, we all do it - though .. there are a few ass sniffing faggots here who could care less..

-jufa-
nor to attempt to prove anyone right or wrong.

-tomas-
If you've a better solution I'm all ears :-)

-jufa-
Just here to express myself.

-tomas-
Aren't we all...

-jufa-
Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa [/quote]

-tomas-
Wish I'd thought like that the day I landed in VietNam.

PS - Welcome aboard, newcomer (new wine for old)
Don't run to your death
Diebert van Rhijn

Carl G wrote:Except on the planet Zebuton (in the Galaxy Alpha Romero) where it's considered a sexual come-on.
How could anyone forget Zebuton! And even that planet is not really an exception. Attention seeking in the animal realm has only sexual function.

Consider the video from pop diva Madonna called "Express Yourself" where she lies chained and cuffed on her bed longing for the looks. She commented on that herself with: "I was chained to my desire, and no one put the chains around my neck, except me".

Indeed. Truth out of the mouth of drunks and babes.
jufa

Post by jufa »

What would make me different is my challenging of all belief, emotions and engaging in judgment concerning what is experienced and its reality as well as attempting to increase awareness of right and wrong: a conscience.

But you just stated you're not here for that. So it's not "the same thing for you".

Then again, you just challenged me with you a rhetoric, mirror-holding reply, attempting to somehow show me my folly. Very good! But it's only contradicting your own introduction, your own intentions seem a mystery to yourself.

Everyone cannot help but expressing one self. So what?
Such as you have stated doesn't make you different, it just makes you inquisitive.

If you were different you wouldn't need to eat, work, ride in automobiles, use the toilet, seek companionship, procreate, or do any of the things others people do. But because you think and analyze does not make you different. And you would have to attempt to do anything, you would show everyone what is right or wrong by not displaying a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personaliity, as you are doing here. Dare me to say such about someone who knows what is right and wrong for everyone living, dead, and unborn. Shame one me! Oh, shame, shame, shame on me!!!

And to say you "challenge all beliefs, emotions, and engage in judgments concerning what is experienced" would mean you are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. If this is so, what do I belief at this present moment? What emotions am I vibrating right now, and concerning what in this moment to moment to moment of my living? and what experience of mine are you making judgments about in exactness which has had and effect on how and what I think, and demonstrate in my life moment to moment to moment?

If you cannot give exact evidence of your omniety as I have asked of you, I dismiss myself from this frivolous conversation with you also. Is that okay with you almight omniety who is different from any other person?

Peace out!!

Carl G

Post by Carl G »

jufa wrote: I have checked my attitude at the door
As is obvious by your responses you have not done this at all. No, you have decked it out in loud clothing and sent it in to the party in your stead:

"Dare me to say such about someone who knows what is right and wrong for everyone living, dead, and unborn. Shame one me! Oh, shame, shame, shame on me!!!"

"I dismiss myself from this frivolous conversation with you also. Is that okay with you almight omniety who is different from any other person?"

"You told me didn't you!!! Nothing else needs to be said here then. I'm dismissing myself."

jufa

Post by jufa »

Tomas, now that what I call a welcome. Thank you also Baby!

Brought me in Tomas, don' need the extra baggage, so no need in trying to pawn any of yours in this pawn shop. Have sat, should I feel my shoes need airing out, I'll decide that for myself. Thanks for the hospitality of the suggestions, and the feet washing

Guess you have a gift where you can tell if a person is hungry or not when they arrive anywhere, huh? Should I also call you Mr. Every Man, Woman and Child Stomach?

Glad someone takes kindly to me!

You haven't done my emotions. Come, do!

Will judging you change my life? If so, how? If not, wasted time. Not up on what "we all do," to many people in the world for me to try to conform to all. Seem like the sniffers need to go to confession, or whatever.

My solution is to recognize it is the mind which tells me this is right and this is wrong, and it is the mind which tell me it is not right and not wrong - mind battling mind. So the best thing I know to do is to go through the mind to get beyond the mind. How that is done each man must figure that out for themself.

I don't know why you or anyone else is here. You know why I am here because I told you.

When you got to VietNam, you had already conformed. Some said "HELL NO, WE WONT GO" and did not go. Now it is to late for you, concerning your VietNam experience to say:

Diebert van Rhijn

jufa wrote:
Such as you have stated doesn't make you different, it just makes you inquisitive.
It would make me different from a spammer or troll because they are not inquisitive: they're just driven by advertising a product or themselves as purpose in itself.
If you were different you wouldn't need to eat, work, ride in automobiles, use the toilet,
Wow, huge leap of logic here, friend. Being different does not mean being entirely different in each and every aspect. But for all you know I could be an alien presence living inside the Internet.
But because you think and analyze does not make you different.
That's why I wrote challenging belief, emotion and judging the reality of my experience. This is not overly analytical or intellectual, at least if you know where I'm talking about.
displaying a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personaliity, as you are doing here.
So did you come here to challenge or prove someone's wrongs or not? Make up your mind first!
And to say you "challenge all beliefs, emotions, and engage in judgments concerning what is experienced" would mean you are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
There's no limit to what can be challenged. The totality, eternity, however cannot be challenged.
What emotions am I vibrating right now....?
You appear having difficulty to think clearly so it's a reasonable assumption you're indeed vibrating with emotions stemming from a strong attachment to this or that. It could be worthwhile to you to find out - just pay close attention.
Animus

Post by Animus »

You know... open-mindedness, skepticism and judgement are not incompatible.

Check out the video "Open-Mindedness" by QualiaSoup on youtube.

QS argues effectively that what many people call "Open-Mindedness" is in-fact "Closed-Mindedness" in disguise.

I think the forum posters have a point in welcoming Jufa in the manner done (except Thomas' welcome). The claim to have checked attitude at the door, and the claim to be non-judgmental illustrates a lack of determination and thirst for truth. It smells like post-modernism, relativism and that aforementioned new-age brand of "open-mindedness" which is really a sword of relativism disguised as humility.

It can be interpreted as "I do not come here to judge or be judged, but to express myself (what I believe is an extension of my-self)."

There are plenty of new-age post-modernist relativist forums to express yourself. Genius -- if you read the writings by the founder -- is a place for no-holds-bar blood-and-guts battle for Truth. It is more-or-less a place to have your-self depressed and annhilitated. The more one expresses them-self here, that is puts an aspect of their self on the chopping block, the more one is sure to experience self-annihilation. Members will dive on-top of that like a pack of wolves and tear it to pieces. This is the reason I'm here, if the forum has become a post-modernist sink-hole of dysrationalia then I'm out.
jufa

Post by jufa »

QS argues effectively that what many people call "Open-Mindedness" is in-fact "Closed-Mindedness" in disguise.

I think the forum posters have a point in welcoming Jufa in the manner done (except Thomas' welcome). The claim to have checked attitude at the door, and the claim to be non-judgmental illustrates a lack of determination and thirst for truth. It smells like post-modernism, relativism and that aforementioned new-age brand of "open-mindedness" which is really a sword of relativism disguised as humility.

It can be interpreted as "I do not come here to judge or be judged, but to express myself (what I believe is an extension of my-self)."

There are plenty of new-age post-modernist relativist forums to express yourself. Genius -- if you read the writings by the founder -- is a place for no-holds-bar blood-and-guts battle for Truth. It is more-or-less a place to have your-self depressed and annhilitated. The more one expresses them-self here, that is puts an aspect of their self on the chopping block, the more one is sure to experience self-annihilation. Members will dive on-top of that like a pack of wolves and tear it to pieces. This is the reason I'm here, if the forum has become a post-modernist sink-hole of dysrationalia then I'm out.
You have presented your open-minded lecture with vigor. You have sided with others with the exception of Thomas, saying their welcome to me was appropro. Then you speak of QS's argument of how open-mindness can be, at time closed-minded. Then you tell me to check out this particular video as if what you present is authoritative. I am the only authority I know that I can depend upon without theorizing, conceptualizing, or giving me an "I think", not know, but "I think" opinions.

I live in life, as life, The thoughts of life within me which comes forth and out through me as abstract metaphors, I use to find my way through the maze of fog my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thinking produce, knowing their thoughts are unclear because they are of the human mind, which looks through "a glass darkly."

My human endeavor, while living my life, will demonstrate my love and my doing unto others as I would have others do unto me. I do not bind life's Spirit of thoughts which come from, and out of the life of myself consciously, to the collective selfish mass of irresponsibility. This, and this alone give me the right to withdrawn from the collective universal human enslavement of living, thinking, doing, dreaming, and achieving selfishness. I live by my terms, and should my terms be assumed selfish and not accepted, what's that to me? my integrity of righteousness assures me the dual pass ahead of me will be made straight when I approach that juncture of my journey if I am open-minded and obedient to my conscience spirit integrity. Not "they say." "Among the smooth stones of the stream is thy portion, they, they are thy lot."

Animus

Post by Animus »

jufa wrote:

You have presented your open-minded lecture with vigor. You have sided with others with the exception of Thomas, saying their welcome to me was appropro. Then you speak of QS's argument of how open-mindness can be, at time closed-minded. Then you tell me to check out this particular video as if what you present is authoritative. I am the only authority I know that I can depend upon without theorizing, conceptualizing, or giving me an "I think", not know, but "I think" opinions.

I live in life, as life, The thoughts of life within me which comes forth and out through me as abstract metaphors, I use to find my way through the maze of fog my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thinking produce, knowing their thoughts are unclear because they are of the human mind, which looks through "a glass darkly."

My human endeavor, while living my life, will demonstrate my love and my doing unto others as I would have others do unto me. I do not bind life's Spirit of thoughts which come from, and out of the life of myself consciously, to the collective selfish mass of irresponsibility. This, and this alone give me the right to withdrawn from the collective universal human enslavement of living, thinking, doing, dreaming, and achieving selfishness. I live by my terms, and should my terms be assumed selfish and not accepted, what's that to me? my integrity of righteousness assures me the dual pass ahead of me will be made straight when I approach that juncture of my journey if I am open-minded and obedient to my conscience spirit integrity. Not "they say." "Among the smooth stones of the stream is thy portion, they, they are thy lot."

By your own admission, I shouldn't "give power" to what you are saying, as you believe it to be the source of your strength. As you say "This, and this alone give me the right to withdrawn from the collective universal human enslavement of living, thinking, doing, dreaming, and achieving selfishness.". So your not "living, thinking, doing, dreaming and achieving selfishness." because of what you believe for that reason and it "alone". So to remain consistent with your view that should be granted no power by me. However, I do sympathize with a lot of what you say given the right context, but in that same context my welcome and the welcome of the other forum members is entirely appropriate because we too are judging for ourselves and relying on no personal opinions. Selfishness, aka ego is a big topic 'round here and many of us are skeptical of people's claims about themselves, this should be right up your alley! The epitome of being righteous is in being skeptical of your own motives and purifying yourself from biases. As well as being skeptical of the opinions of others (I think the easy part) its an imperative to be skeptical of our own opinions (the über-difficult part).
jufa

Post by jufa »

By your own admission, I shouldn't "give power" to what you are saying, as you believe it to be the source of your strength. As you say "This, and this alone give me the right to withdrawn from the collective universal human enslavement of living, thinking, doing, dreaming, and achieving selfishness.". So your not "living, thinking, doing, dreaming and achieving selfishness." because of what you believe for that reason and it "alone". So to remain consistent with your view that should be granted no power by me. However, I do sympathize with a lot of what you say given the right context, but in that same context my welcome and the welcome of the other forum members is entirely appropriate because we too are judging for ourselves and relying on no personal opinions. Selfishness, aka ego is a big topic 'round here and many of us are skeptical of people's claims about themselves, this should be right up your alley! The epitome of being righteous is in being skeptical of your own motives and purifying yourself from biases. As well as being skeptical of the opinions of others (I think the easy part) its an imperative to be skeptical of our own opinions (the über-difficult part).
Abraham Lincoln once stated to the effect "People do not care what you know, people want to know if you care." Demonstration of caring is a continuum of unselfish giving of one's self unconditionally to the appearance of the circumstance, situation, condition, and the elimination of the intent of these entities reason for asking or receiving that given.

If the commandments are to be abided by: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me," and, "Love thy neighbor as thyself," who then can tell the Principle from the demonstrator? Is not demonstration beyond words which are relative by a movement of yesterday's thought only in the mind of the thinker, and nowhere else?

How can one define Love, or show "The way, the truth and the life," if one does not demonstrate continuously, even when they are alone with themselves, "the law of the Spirit of life. . .the way, the truth, and the life in their mind, body, soul, spirit?

Nothing in this world is definable by words in exactness of expression by the speaker. This is because words are relative to an individuals outer objective vision, and inner subjective feelings. Words only have meaning and visions to the speaker who sees, remembers, and bring alive the visions they are seeing in the Eye of [their] Comprehension. Because no one can see another's vision and thoughts through the exact Eye of Comprehension, truth does not exist as a blanket of comprehension for the whole, complete, pure, and perfect mind seeking that which the majority of men conform to.

What is befitting here is your not following the words of my signature, and have given me power to do unconditionally that which I came here to do, to express myself. And this I thank you.

Post by 1456200423 »

-tomas-
Hey, sounds like my kinda guy (girl?)!
Yep... Jufa is a woman ;-)
veritas odium parit
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Declaring one's belief one knows the gender/sex of another is demonstrating close-mindedness.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

This thread was started with arrogance, and responded to with even greater arrogance. Intelligence undoubtedly has a byproduct which is a superiority complex. A high score on an IQ test is no reason to condescend others who do not wear their score on the back of their shirts. A smart person knows they are intelligent and is satisfied enough, an ignorant person feels the need to wear this guise.

Now let your ego do the talking, as it's all you've grown to know. You have simply identified yourself by a test score or a classification, and have not the creative and willful mind to shed this classification. It's hypocritical in its purest form, as one claims to be superior but operates on an inferior basis.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Gurrb wrote:This thread was started with arrogance, and responded to with even greater arrogance. Intelligence undoubtedly has a byproduct which is a superiority complex. A high score on an IQ test is no reason to condescend others who do not wear their score on the back of their shirts. A smart person knows they are intelligent and is satisfied enough, an ignorant person feels the need to wear this guise.

Now let your ego do the talking, as it's all you've grown to know. You have simply identified yourself by a test score or a classification, and have not the creative and willful mind to shed this classification. It's hypocritical in its purest form, as one claims to be superior but operates on an inferior basis.
Presumably then, having the name Gurrb does qualify one for a superiority complex?
Diebert van Rhijn

Gurrb wrote: You have simply identified yourself by a test score or a classification, and have not the creative and willful mind to shed this classification
This forum has nothing to do with test scores or IQ. The fact that this has to be explained to you indicates the blinding arrogance is mostly yours. Then again arrogance is a good thing to start with. It's easy to believe one is humble if one is just born as a slave, never been able to rise above it. The question is if one is being arrogant enough to grow this "creative" or "willful" mind.