What is the Nature of Reality?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

First, of all to discuss what the nature of reality is, is to determine what it is. Many people believe reality to be many things, the trees, birds, sky, etc and they'd be right, however, a more important reality is existing on this earth, and that reality is YOU!

You are the reality, therefore the question is asking you, what is the nature of reality, which in other words is asking what is the nature of your reality. Perhaps, your nature is to be a nasty asshole, or maybe you're not assertive enough, or to demanding, or a seriously affected narcissistic twit, or maybe you're to nice, whatever your character is lies the nature of your reality.

Each person represents an individual reality, therefore, no reality is the same.

Looking at What is the Nature of Reality from a different angle is to say, progression, mediocrity, development.
Dan Rowden

Re: What is the Nature of Reality?

Post by Dan Rowden »

What do you mean by "Reality"? That's the question within the question and the answer within the answer.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Reality is you Dan, you realize this I know you do. Reality is truth, You are truth because you exist.

I just lost an excellent example of what Truth is and lost it to fucking cyberspace.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Reality has many names
mensa-maniac

Truth is Reality, Reality is YOU!

Post by mensa-maniac »

Truth is Reality, Reality is You!

My truth is my existence, your truth is your existence, that's the truth, even if you see it differently. My existence is my reality, your existence is your reality. To know truth is to know thyself.

The truth is we have the Bible to believe in although translated through the centuries, it is our only source to derive truth from faith or choice to believe in it's contents.

I was given a chance to create myself, so I became the fertilized egg when Mr. Sperm claimed me.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

mensa-maniac wrote:Reality is you Dan, you realize this I know you do. Reality is truth, You are truth because you exist.
Reality is not me. I am a thing.

[I have merged your other topic with this one as a new topic was completely unnecessary.]
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

"I have merged your other topic with this one, as a new topic was completely unnecessary"

True, my mind was slightly altered and caused my thinking to flub-up.

"Reality is not me, I am a thing"

All things we see are realities, but we also see our dreams and have delusions, is this to say they are not realities because our dreams cannot be seen by anyone else? If a delusion is not a reality what is it?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

You initially capitalized "Reality". I am not Reality. I am a thing; Reality is not.
Blair

Post by Blair »

^Above is a classic example of god-denial.

Dan thinks he is a thing, but doesn't realize he can see that he is a 'thing' because he was made that thing by a higher ability than himself.

Atheism is like teenage growing-pains for the soul.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

prince wrote:^Above is a classic example of god-denial.

Dan thinks he is a thing, but doesn't realize he can see that he is a 'thing' because he was made that thing by a higher ability than himself.

Atheism is like teenage growing-pains for the soul.
Your new-found God-bothering is painfully tedious. I am quite disappointed by it. It was much better when you were a moderately interesting troll.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

I agree that Dan is a thing, so am I and so are you, but we're all reality things, regardless if you agree or not. Humanity is reality. It was my mistake to capitalize the word reality.

The nature of reality is aging, and the truth here is the fact we all age!

Truth cannot be denied, therefore it never changes!
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

My reality is I was visited twice by an Alien and perhaps created by this Alien, perhaps God is that Alien.

I brought this topic up as part of my reality, not necessarily to discuss this, as I'd prefer not to.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

i couldn't have said it better myself.... :)

http://www.ascension-research.org/reality.html
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Tomas' new signature, before he just erased his post wrote:We Know You'll Be Back! ~ QRS

Yes, let's have a vigil for the return of our gods, the holy triumvirate, QRS!
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

People who want to discuss or contemplate the theory that they were either birthed or visited, or any such - by aliens - ought take their views to a forum that accommodates such nonsense, or go see a psychiatrist.

Do not post such blather here. I will not repete this warning.

I also do not care that you think this warning is unreasonable.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Dan Rowden wrote:Your new-found God-bothering is painfully tedious. I am quite disappointed by it. It was much better when you were a moderately interesting troll.
I am the way the truth and the light, Dan. I am God.

Genius is about connecting with God. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Flirting around the issue like a little girl with flowers in her hair.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

If you were stating those things wisely, I'd agree, but the way you're doing it lately makes you look like a typical Xian dolt. Your recent rhetoric is somewhat confusing.

Post by 1456200423 »

Dan Rowden wrote:People who want to discuss or contemplate the theory that they were either birthed or visited, or any such - by aliens - ought take their views to a forum that accommodates such nonsense, or go see a psychiatrist.

Do not post such blather here. I will not repeat this warning.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/
veritas odium parit
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

They look like decent alternatives. Thanks for posting them.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Dan Rowden wrote:People who want to discuss or contemplate the theory that they were either birthed or visited, or any such - by aliens - ought (to)... go see a psychiatrist.
Wow, Dan. Just, wow.
Is.

Post by Is. »

Dan Rowden wrote:People who want to discuss or contemplate the theory that they were either birthed or visited, or any such - by aliens - ought take their views to a forum that accommodates such nonsense, or go see a psychiatrist.

Do not post such blather here. I will not repete this warning.

<applauds>
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Anyone should be able to discuss anything at all on a genius forum, after all it is a genius forum. To try and stifle a poster is not genius in any sense of the word. There were no racism slurs, or improper conduct, just an opposer with a smug sense of power trying to control people.

A person doesn't need to see a psychiatrist because they try to discuss a truth. That was uncalled for. Just because YOU don't see it as a truth, doesn't make it an untruth. And just because you don't want these things discussed doesn't mean others won't read it. Why do you control what people decide to discuss? Perhaps, you need to control yourself first.

Did the Aliens hold a gun to your head warning you to delete any post about them?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

i thought abstract reasoning was a valid component of Genius mentality....

Post by 1456200423 »

Dan Rowden wrote:They look like decent alternatives. Thanks for posting them.
No problem at all. I hate it when threads get off topic. :-)
veritas odium parit
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kunga wrote:i thought abstract reasoning was a valid component of Genius mentality....
Please explain what abstract reasoning is--Thankyou