Bouncing Matrices

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Steven Coyle

Bouncing Matrices

Post by Steven Coyle »

Wonders what others think of being able to think using simply first thought and external interface - datum surrounding everything.

a b = 1, 2 (on new)
Steven Coyle

Re: Bouncing Matrices

Post by Steven Coyle »

Though the process of "data labeling," one reaches new processes of mental transfer. Though, what exactly is data labeling? Simply put, to become an avant garde poet in real time - freely exploiting the ancient wisdom of one moment leading to the next - opening new matrices with new dat:

Moms is acting strange. And on the ground is an answer: "Open mason jars with no lid" - "can't contain main" "which leads to good get." On the television, a woman eating cereal smiling.

In a way, it's to enter into a reinvented wheel workshop.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Words and labels are tools at best. Once the tools have been used to dismantle the thought-constructed reality, revealing things as relative, one finds all words and forms to be fundamentally arbitrary, that is the importance of their signifying attributes are found to be arbitrary, and mutually conditioning such that the significance of a given thing among others is no different or of greater import one thing to another, all such belong to the relativity of things interdependently originated.

Conclusions about Reality drawn from words and forms, of appearances to the mind, are found to be born of imagination, and the reality of a thing amongst things is that of relativity, whereas the truth of suchness revealed by relativity and right knowledge leads to understanding our true essential self nature.
Pye

Post by Pye »

BMcGilly writes: Words and labels are tools at best. Once the tools have been used to dismantle the thought-constructed reality, revealing things as relative, one finds all words and forms to be fundamentally arbitrary, that is the importance of their signifying attributes are found to be arbitrary, and mutually conditioning such that the significance of a given thing among others is no different or of greater import one thing to another, all such belong to the relativity of things interdependently originated.

Conclusions about Reality drawn from words and forms, of appearances to the mind, are found to be born of imagination, and the reality of a thing amongst things is that of relativity, whereas the truth of suchness revealed by relativity and right knowledge leads to understanding our true essential self nature.
See, now, this is one of those places that the site-wide demonization of anything even remotely scented as postmodernist stands in for willful ignorance. This is probably the most postmodern thing I've ever seen written on this site, but if it falls to category, no one will understand its fingertips on the truth. It will be dismissed as such, and willfully so.

I'd like to see one of the vilifiers of all-things-postmodern come here and tell BMcGilly he's wrong . . . completely wrong . . . .
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Pye, it might also show the simpler fact that postmodernism is very hard to capture, it even wants to evade capturing, "true" to its post-form.

And notice B's last sentence " ... right knowledge leads to understanding our true essential self nature". It's not fair to call a post stressing any "true essential nature" the "most postmodern" thing. Perhaps you see more a degree of nihilism (not this, nor that: neti neti) that indeed underpins postmodern thought but can function as well as philosophical "show stopper". A stopping that like everything else has "dual usage".
Pye

Post by Pye »

Diebert writes: Pye, it might also show the simpler fact that postmodernism is very hard to capture, it even wants to evade capturing, "true" to its post-form.
Well, yes, I rather think this was one of the thrusts of my initial post . . . . :)

It's the wholesale dismissal - like all categorical dismissals - that perverts any thinkers away from what truth these other kinds of thinkers might be pointing to.

Not to mention the general difficulty in pointing at all. Not an uncommon theme here, amongst all the "pointers" . . . .
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Pye wrote:
Diebert writes: Pye, it might also show the simpler fact that postmodernism is very hard to capture, it even wants to evade capturing, "true" to its post-form.
Well, yes, I rather think this was one of the thrusts of my initial post . . . . :)

It's the wholesale dismissal - like all categorical dismissals - that perverts any thinkers away from what truth these other kinds of thinkers might be pointing to.

Not to mention the general difficulty in pointing at all. Not an uncommon theme here, amongst all the "pointers" . . . .
The Absolute is beyond being and non-being. The point of my post was in response to Steven's apparently being enamored of words and categories. Truth with a capital 'T' being Absolute, which is what I can only assume you are striving after, is not a thing and any knowledge or wisdom gleaned from it cannot be from the relative plane. Viewed from the perspective of the Absolute, the measure or quality of any thing is relative, signifying the way through relativity to the perspective of the Absolute.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Someone reads too much reader's digest. If all is empty, all data is software to manipulate.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Steven Coyle wrote:Someone reads too much reader's digest. If all is empty, all data is software to manipulate.
All is empty, who manipulates what? Who and what don't even apply.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Don't get all eastern on me, B. The construct of self is both manipulated and manipulable.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Why I watch television with the sound off.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

A 1, looking at a 1/2 for a 1.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

I think my mind's been damaged by recreational drugs, therefore I am.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

At the carnival shooting darts at balloons. The telephone static and the horse and the magician's cloak splits the banana's hidden wrath. Only a daisy could imagine the outcome. Through a Dali painting, I speak to astronauts and butcher's butcher's. It's like, "Maaannn..." So, I strike a match and a gash from beyond the mirror strikes me upside down - it's only a bunch of keep. Trash bash crass glass. If only I'd made that last left turn there would be more it's just monopoly, money to burn; but now it's just a bunch of waffles and hoses. Damn clown noses.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Exactly. The killer bud that can be spoken of is not the awesome-most true weed.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Eating an eggroll while rolling a car wheel makes for good cereal.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

You mean "makes for good surreal."

But you're right, great men are meteors that burn so that the reefer of mankind may be lighted.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »