Atheism

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Atum

Atheism

Post by Atum »

Atheism is just par for the course. It is not _new_, it is not _rebellious_, and it is in every way _boring_.

Atheism is caused by masturbation.

The chaste man knows God.
almost_fiction

Re: Atheism

Post by almost_fiction »

I have no self respect!!! now i know what you do when your bored...
Atum

Post by Atum »

I request that this by sticky'd. From what I can see the forum is in need of this medication.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Provide an even remotely decent argument for God's existence and I'll make this a sticky thread.
Atum

Post by Atum »

God is real because He is real.

How can you establish the existence or non-existence of God by mere argumentation?

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Atum

Post by Atum »

How chaste are you, Dan?
Anders Schlander

Post by Anders Schlander »

non-evidence for God, non-existance of God, as far as we can tell, there is no evidence he exists, the only choice that doesn't conflict with evidence left is that he does not exist. You rely on God when you die to 'save' you? :)

I'd like to bring up virtual reality computer programmes, because the human creator of such is kind of like the personal creator. In such a setting, inside the virtual reality universe there is no personal god inside the system. he is outside it, a physical object non the less. If there is a personal god, how can he be inside his own creation?
Talking Ass

Post by Talking Ass »

A Dane wrote: non-evidence for God, non-existence of God, as far as we can tell, there is no evidence he exists, the only choice that doesn't conflict with evidence left is that he does not exist. You rely on God when you die to 'save' you? :)
A Dan wrote: Provide an even remotely decent argument for God's existence and I'll make this a sticky thread.
After passing through many layers of hard bone, you get to my brain, well protected within a hard, heavy shell of skull. That's me in there. Hellooooo Denmark! Hellooooo Australia!

To even touch on the idea of God, requires tremendous subtlety and great intelligence (I don't mean to exclude you, Dan). The trick---a trick---is to disassociate oneself, ourselves, from the stupid ideas of the neoconservative Christians, those against whom Christopher Hitchens, basically, argues. Just as we are all getting so much more incredibly brilliant as we progress in our understanding of material nature---whoa Nelly I say!---we have to get just as equally subtle and fine when we think and talk about 'God'.

'There is no evidence for his existence', when you think about it, is a little absurd. Truthfully, there is all sorts of evidence, but the evidence is within the consciousness of persons, and intimately wedded to persons, to a platform of consciousness, to the psychological 'soul' of persons, to a perennial manifestation---constantly shifting and evolving---of the Divine. True, we do not seem to find God and arrive at no means to propose a God or explain a God when we approach this seeking with the methods of materialistic science. Indeed it is a problem. But when we, if you'll allow me, turn inward and trace our own selves back along the mysterious paths of consciousness, we then have a route of approach to 'God'.

I have said it a few times, not in this but in another, distant incarnation: The Vaishnavas and the Tantrists of India have a peculiar mental trick that might be considered useful. They propose their is a 'Supreme Lord' who is the originator of all that we see around us. He originated it, he is in it, but IT is not him. He stands outside of it, oddly enough. They speak of all that we know as the 'material manifestation' or the 'external energy of God', but propose there is an 'internal energy', and describe how one can know it. But the means to know it are not like the means to know the 'exterior energy'. They say that, in one way or another, to know the 'interior manifestation' (interior energy) you have to find a way to dull or shift away from the external energy which traps our attention, drawing us constantly into itself. And where does one find the pathway and the means to the 'interior energy'? Well, that is obvious and proverbial: Inside of one's own self. So, within our own consciousness, within our own psychology---tracing back the origin of personality and being within the depth of our own self.

Any use of terms of locality, or prepositions, takes place within the unexplicable: a group of eternal and mysterious metaphors.

You heard it first from a Talking Ass on a forum dedicated to Genius!
fiat mihi
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Atum wrote:God is real because He is real.

How can you establish the existence or non-existence of God by mere argumentation?

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Fail x 10
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Atum wrote:How chaste are you, Dan?
Well, this girl was giving me the eye at the pub the other day and...

Oh, sorry, you don't mean "chased"...
Atum

Post by Atum »

Maybe you have a meat diet? And masturbate once and a while "for health reasons?"

As man is the life of a woman, so too is God the life of a man. So you are like a feminist in that respect.
xerox

Post by xerox »

Last edited by xerox on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atum

Post by Atum »

This isn't new-age nonsense. Clean up your act, become chaste, stop sinning, and you will know God.

Pantheism is just atheism revisited. You are like the nation that solves its money-problem by printing more money.

Here is a serious argument in favor of God: the testimony of the sages and saints who have met God face to face. Ramakrishna, for example, claimed to know God "personally." I am humble enough to take that at face value.
Last edited by Atum on Wed May 27, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atum

Post by Atum »

Also, another criticism. My facial hair comes in thicker than any of the admins here. This is an indication that I am more potent and man. In light of this, I believe you should deeply consider anything I say.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Atum wrote:This isn't new-age nonsense. Clean up your act, become chaste, stop sinning, and you will know God.

Pantheism is just atheism revisited. You are like the nation that solves its money-problem by printing more money.

Here is a serious argument in favor of God: the testimony of the sages and saints who have met God face to face. Ramakrishna, for example, claimed to know God "personally." Perhaps you are far too intelligent to take this at face value?
People can claim whatever they are inclined to claim and they will.

The "Ego" and navigating around it in the mind is not a simple task and I'm immediately skeptical of any claims to have done so effectively, I'm skeptical I'm doing it correctly. When you get down to crass facts there are a few angles you can take and people spin-off here into the absurd. Such an absurd notion like a personal God who listens to you cries to have your desires fullfilled and 'watches over' you like a loving parent. This conclusion simply wreaks of Ego, it's dripping lust and attachment.

The Holy Bible actually teaches a path and teaches relatively nothing about "God". It simply says "These are the acts of God" and the totality of God's domain "All-loving, All-knowledge". It says we are created in "God's Image" and that Jesus was the "Son of Man". These sayings can be interpreted in myriad ways and are not the crux of New Testament. The purpose of Jesus teachings was to lay-down a path for the individual to embark on in solitary. Not for people to gather together and sing empty hymns and put on a show of ritual. If anything this is completely contrary. The path is full of thorns, its a painful journey, if you are having a gay old time with it, then its probably not Jesus' path.

One of the things one inevitably 'learns' on this path is that not everyone will understand, there are those so drenched in Ego that they cannot understand. There are those who lack the self-inquiry to even approach the path, and there are those who profess to know, but by manifest Ego they obviously do not. Good fruit can only come from a good tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZXgxBlZHpw
Atum

Post by Atum »

The point of the New Testament is to love God with every bit of your strength every second of your life. The energy to do this comes from chastity.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I knew chastity once. Nice girl.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Atum wrote:The point of the New Testament is to love God with every bit of your strength every second of your life. The energy to do this comes from chastity.
No
Atum

Post by Atum »

Animus wrote:
Atum wrote:The point of the New Testament is to love God with every bit of your strength every second of your life. The energy to do this comes from chastity.
No
Give up your feminine arrogance. Become a saint. :)
Animus

Post by Animus »

Hmm, nope. ∞
Atum

Post by Atum »

The truth is, you can't handle a personal God so you invent all sorts of things about ego and lust. For all that I get the impression that you are still deeply attached to both.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Yea... no.

I learned about 'Ego' from the objective phenomena of the human brain.
almost_fiction

Post by almost_fiction »

lol nonsense. organized religions were meant as a tool to control the masses. thats why you were KILLED for not believing. FUUUUUUK that. i think to find spiritual enlightenment you have to look within your own self, it doesn't come from man-made scriptures and "prophecies".

CoRpOrAtE aVeNger - "THE BIBLE IS BULLSHIT"
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

Didn't Atum's masturbation give rise to two further Gods, Shu and Tefnut?

Enough already, with the Gods. Besides, didn't your mum tell you it would make you go blind?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Ataraxia wrote:Didn't Atum's masturbation give rise to two further Gods, Shu and Tefnut?

Enough already, with the Gods. Besides, didn't your mum tell you it would make you go blind?
It doesn't lead so much to physical blindness, but it is a foolhardy act leading to spiritual blindness.
Don't run to your death