Spare Change

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Ignius

Spare Change

Post by Ignius »

In particular, I am talking about the mind. Let's say that you have an idea and you believe that this idea is true. Out of all the other ideas out there, you pick this one, because you believe that it is the most accurate representation of the truth. The reasons for this belief aren't always consciously known, even thought, this idea by the very nature of believing, affects your thinking process and essentially your life in some way. Clearly, this is enough to warrant a thorough inspection of any given belief so as to understand the reasoning behind it - the reasons are there, consciously or unconsciously, and so, it is best to uncover these reasons. If you commit to this process of understanding, understanding, you'll learn about what you really know and thereby improve upon the thinking process for which you use to understand and believe such ideas in the first place. Our ideas are our mind, and therefore, improving one, changes the other and creates a better environment for the birth of better ideas.

Anyway, that seems to make sense in my mind.

Whatever.
Carl G

Re: Spare Change

Post by Carl G »

Whatever?

I'm the type of person that may watch a Bruce Willis movie and get interested in working out and looking like that. Some research may take place, supplements purchased, gym membership, etc etc etc... And my desire keeps increasing. Next, I may even go to the gym and workout like a madman. Gains start to become noticeable in both strength and appearance. It just gets better and better, etc. However, eventually, the interest fades. Why? It makes me think that it's a memory issue, though I may repeat the whole process that made me motivated, without the same effects. I guess that it has something to do with realizing something - but what? Sure, it would take a long time to look like Bruce, even with the proper stuff (like genes, steroids, etc...).
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Hey, I didn't say it was easy! :)
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Btw, I bet you missed it, but I really do understand what you mean. Btw, It's crazy how this works. It's really unbelievable... I can't help but to think that my philosophy is my brain's way of communicating with myself. Any advice (philosophy) that I write is perfect for me. I should really start to listen to myself!

*I just had a major epiphany*

Starting from tomorrow, I won't have an internet connection, so I'll have a lot of time to put towards studying, etc... This is great. Thanks, Carl!
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

I feel like crying and I don't know why. God, I feel so sad and joyous at the same time. What is this!!!?