I need confirmation...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Ignius

Re: I need confirmation...

Post by Ignius »

I'm currently watching the Mr. Brown video, and I have this to say: If both people saw a unicorn on a rainbow with a winking sun behind it and one told the other about what he just saw and the other thought that his mind was being read because he wasn't aware that they both saw the same thing then that would be ridiculous. Obviously.

So, what's your point?
skipair

Post by skipair »

Ignius, as a general guideline it's a good idea to move toward the thoughts that simplify and clarify things. If you ever find yourself following something that makes everything more confusing, it'd be a good bet to try something else. Ask yourself if your "discovery" is just a way to revel in confusion and mystery.

If it were me, I would want to accept conclusive explanations if/when they showed themselves. I love simplification.

I would also want to be able to let go of any thought process at the drop of a hat.
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

You all sound like me :)

I'm not using that discovery. I know what it is and I'm not going to pursue it and try to find some hidden secret (or whatever). If one is honest, it seems to happen naturally, so why would I want to clog my mind with that stuff? I've got better things to do.

Though, it's still weird. Whatever.
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Ignius: Darren Brown? Yeah, I've heard of him... Why do you bring this up? I don't get it.
Among other similar thoughts, to mention a few, you said…
Then why does it feel like they're trying to program me (in some way)?

I think that eventually there's going to be a science based on this. I'm sure that such a "..." exists, but in its infancy.

Anyway, there a science based on this. What is it called? NLP perhaps? Hypnosis?

It's the freakiest thing, because I've never noticed it before... I guess it works either way, but ... I'd rather be conscious on both levels.
I could have misread it though.
---------
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

I post what I'm thinking. So, if another person thinks the same thing, then... Do you see why such issues would arise? By no means am I doing this on purpose... I am honest in that sense.
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Ignius wrote:I post what I'm thinking. So, if another person thinks the same thing, then... Do you see why such issues would arise? By no means am I doing this on purpose... I am honest in that sense.
Well, all I can say is that I did not think what you thought but reacted to what was said, and only as interpreted by me. No real mystery there actually.

I too think you should take a break, from yourself that is, if you know what I mean. In other words, it is not that necessary to split hairs all the time, and simply enjoy the feeling of a great shit. What a feeling of sensual tranquillity! ;)
---------