I need confirmation...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
dw88

Re: I need confirmation...

Post by dw88 »

Ignius,

Let me just start off by saying that you seem very over stimulated by your discovery.

What you're referring to is the second most common human defense mechanism; projection.

When we project, we typically are not aware of it. This disconnect often leads an individual to create "mysteries" as a way to bridge this disconnect in order to make sense of the world around them.

But it's really your inner world that you should pay more attention to.

John Genius,
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

skipair wrote:Unless it is the most simple interaction, like buying a bottle of water, it's as if she can't help but live on multiple levels at the same time.
Only a woman. A real man would never buy a bottle of water when tap water is available (except maybe around Chernobyl.)
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Ignius,

Let me just start off by saying that you seem very over stimulated by your discovery.

What you're referring to is the second most common human defense mechanism; projection.

When we project, we typically are not aware of it. This disconnect often leads an individual to create "mysteries" as a way to bridge this disconnect in order to make sense of the world around them.

But it's really your inner world that you should pay more attention to.

John Genius,
Huh? Hey, were you searching for "Christian Confirmation" and stumbled onto my thread? That is absolutely unhelpful.

If you know what I'm talking about and you want to be helpful, please explain what you mean by projection? ...And, furthermore, how does it explain my discovery? Why have I started to notice this now, but not earlier? And, more importantly, why does it work?

It's more then a trick of the mind. So, please don't try and feed me that BS.

lol
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Unless it is the most simple interaction, like buying a bottle of water, it's as if she can't help but live on multiple levels at the same time. As a result women are often good multi-taskers, but never spend enough energy on one level to deepen it. It also means that what they say is rarely what they mean.
That's annoying. Plus, it makes me feel like I need to be aware of both at the same time. Btw, I wouldn't say that male psychology is more complex. Perhaps, it's more scattered?
Guys are harder to read into because their psychology is more complex. The mindfuck danger is only there if you take a particular speculation about what's being said personally - as in supportive or unsupportive. It has nothing to do with you. It's also dangerous if you take the speculation as fact, because the real fact is you'll never know what a person is thinking for sure. Better not to worry about what anyone else is doing. You just do what you think is right.
Then why does it feel like they're trying to program me (in some way)? I'm trying to figure this out, so that if this is much larger than what I think it is, I'll be able to... you know... be protected (in some way) from it.

I think that eventually there's going to be a science based on this. I'm sure that such a "..." exists, but in its infancy.
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Only a woman. A real man would never buy a bottle of water when tap water is available (except maybe around Chernobyl.)
Fluoride - hello? The more water you drink...

Women/men, you guyz make it seem like there's a huge difference between the two. Heh.
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Anyway, there a science based on this. What is it called? NLP perhaps? Hypnosis? ...?
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

It's the freakiest thing, because I've never noticed it before... I guess it works either way, but ... I'd rather be conscious on both levels.

Thanks
skipair

Post by skipair »

Ignius wrote:Then why does it feel like they're trying to program me (in some way)? I'm trying to figure this out, so that if this is much larger than what I think it is, I'll be able to... you know... be protected (in some way) from it.
It sounds to me like you've become more sensitive to all the thousands of ways people affect each other with their communications. It's a common thing to think everyone has their own bubble that is different from the world, but no such bubble really exists. You are the world, in and a part of it, and there is no escaping the fact that anything and everything you do affects the person you're talking to (and the rest of the world), and them you. Now it seems you see how even little things can have big effects.

So in a sense they, and the rest of the world is programming you - at least in the sense that it is impossible not to be affected by the world. But what you can do is think about how you'd like to be affected, keeping in mind that you are also programming the rest of the world. It's kind of a big responsibility, so use your head. :)

I think that eventually there's going to be a science based on this. I'm sure that such a "..." exists, but in its infancy.
I think in the end it's called philosophy.
skipair

Post by skipair »

S: Unless it is the most simple interaction, like buying a bottle of water, it's as if she can't help but live on multiple levels at the same time. As a result women are often good multi-taskers, but never spend enough energy on one level to deepen it. It also means that what they say is rarely what they mean.

I: That's annoying. Plus, it makes me feel like I need to be aware of both at the same time. Btw, I wouldn't say that male psychology is more complex. Perhaps, it's more scattered?
Yeah, deciphering and speaking in woman-code can be annoying, but I agree sometimes it's helpful to be aware of both meanings at the same time. Some people just ignore it and deal rationally with the "surface" meaning as they would with a guy. But my guess is this is entirely unproductive as no dent in womanhood is possible without genetic changes. To make meaningful effects I think you have to work within the system on this one.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-volta-
Now I live on 10 acres - if I ever hear any dogs they are off in the distance.

-tomas-
Same here. That's what zoos are for, the dog shit odor wafting over is a thing of the past. When entering someone's home it becomes evident whether they have "pets", just by the zoo smell.

We (the neighborhood) had a neighbor way back when that had a dog that barked at leaves, squirrels, non-existent bogeymen etc. it had no direct control over. I suggested to the neighbors who lived on both sides to get out the lawnmover and place it right next to their property lines, then run it full blast all day long. Those idiots finally moved out after calling the cops a couple times about noise ordinance - to no avail. The wife was actually quite a nice human being but all the barking must have damaged their hearing... but they kept the yard cleared of dog shit. They watered the lawn regularly so the piss odor was minimal :0(

PS - 10 acres - what a beautiful choice :-)
Don't run to your death
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Great post, Skipair!

I'll write something tomorrow after I had a chance to think things through <- you see that - that works in two ways (there's something for both of us). I was thinking strictly about myself, but if I was you and talking to you, and if I believed this discovery (or whatever it is), I'd take it as face-value (ex. I meant: I'm going to write something tomorrow after I had a chance to think about it, etc), plus, I'd also take it to mean that I should also think about it and then say something a little more meaningful, but I'd also think in this way (again, according to the discovery), even if I did say something meaningful (after all, you did write something meaningful). You see? It's crazy how it works, but it doesn't always seem to work, and I also think that it really isn't worth pursuing, if it means that I'll only be talking in the second way without mush value in what I'm actually saying (referring to the first way of finding meaning; the face-value way). But then again, when I refer to the discovery, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, someone mentioned "projection" and that's something else that I'll have to think about. Though, without projection... How would that work?

It's best to focus on the topic and what one is actually saying, but some people don't do that (perhaps)... So, what do they do? I don't see that as having much meaning.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

For Christ's sake Ignius, can't you just forget about your damned discovery? It ain't worth shit.
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Your response makes me feel like there really is something to it... Did I sense some emotion? Hmmm...

I guess that I've been explaining it incorrectly. It's more like this: we each say what we'd want to hear from the other person, so it must be true for both. This is usually done unconsciously, I suppose.

Does that make a little more sense?
volta

Post by volta »

Ignius, is it possible people are getting frustrated by your rather abundant postings of late? I don't think your discovery is shit at all. I think it's a fox hole that leads to the other side of this illusion we call life. Everyone has their own entry point of discovery, and maybe this language thing is yours. I think it was mine too.

tomas, I've noticed chit-chat is shunned around here, but betcha we could have a good ol' rap about whacked-out neighbors... I got stories to top them all but probably best avoided (neighbors I mean... maybe the subject too).
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

What's wrong with my posts - this is my way of trying to learn. That's all. It may not be the most efficient, but it's all I got.

You mentioned that you've noticed the same thing, so can you please aid me with some much needed insight. I can't really stop noticing these two meanings and I don't know whether it's on an unconscious level or whether people are doing it on a consciously. What do you think of that? Furthermore, when I try to explain it to someone, they get confused and tell me that that's not the way things work... Then why is it so unmistakable? (unconscious? ~ can anything be attained through the conscious use of this?)
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Ignius wrote:What's wrong with my posts - this is my way of trying to learn. That's all. It may not be the most efficient, but it's all I got.

You mentioned that you've noticed the same thing, so can you please aid me with some much needed insight. I can't really stop noticing these two meanings and I don't know whether it's on an unconscious level or whether people are doing it on a consciously. What do you think of that? Furthermore, when I try to explain it to someone, they get confused and tell me that that's not the way things work... Then why is it so unmistakable? (unconscious? ~ can anything be attained through the conscious use of this?)
Ignius, it's not that complicated. Forget this "discovery." If it is valid, then everyone else has probably noticed it, too, right? How do they deal with it? You don't know, so therefore you are asking. You don't know because they are not making a big deal out of it, and neither should you.

Focus. It requires plenty of attention just to make sure that you yourself mean what you say and say what you mean. Stop worrying about whether or not other people can do that, since you have no control over it. "Two meanings" is the result of second guessing.

Of course, this is not to say believe everything you hear. It's just that you have to pick your battles and not let yourself get bogged down.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Ignius,
What's wrong with my posts - this is my way of trying to learn.
You've been making dozens of posts, and bringing up scores of inactive threads without really saying anything. You seem to be extremely bored, and you're taking it out on GF. If Dan wasn't so busy, he would've banned you already.

I get the impression you have not taken your meds lately.
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Actually, I just started taking my meds.

Perhaps, most people haven't noticed it. I'm special!

Btw, why is it a battle? That's weird! A battle with who? LOL!!!

I ask questions and no one responds, for some reason. I find my questions to have great potential. From the ground, up!
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

I'm learning more and more about this. I just have to keep an eye on it so that I don't veer off into delusional landscape. I came close, a few times.
Last edited by Ignius on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas

Breaker One-Nine

Post by Tomas »

-volta-
tomas, I've noticed chit-chat is shunned around here,

-tomas-
I'm just getting to the moral-of-the-story in my own way. The heck what some of "the elite" think. I've my own way of drawing out by asking folks for an answer. People come and people go ... but QRS is everlasting.

-volta-
but betcha we could have a good ol' rap about whacked-out neighbors...

-tomas-
There's enough of that type troll .. right here at GENIUS FORUM.

-volta-
I got stories to top them all but probably best avoided (neighbors I mean... maybe the subject too).

-tomas-
I tend to read at Genius, (as there is rarely anything of import) but feel more comfortable on Worldly Matters, this one's altered state of consciousness.
Last edited by Tomas on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

What exactly makes me sound crazy? Man, I open up, and question, and type my thoughts, and in the end, when it matters, ya leave me hangin'. Each time I come here, I try to be a little more honest and open... Nothing seems to work or help...!!!
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Ignius, in my opinion, from what little I gather from your unsuccessful effort to explain yourself at least, I think you need to talk to someone like Derren Brown. Do you think that might help? Who knows, you might be the next Derren Brown in the making. Since there was some mention of hypnosis and NLP, may be you should look more deeply in this direction.
---------
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Darren Brown? Yeah, I've heard of him... Why do you bring this up? I don't get it.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Datura.
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Huh?

You missed the boat.