God Does Not Exist - Question about that

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
brokenhead

Re: God Does Not Exist - Question about that

Post by brokenhead »

David Quinn wrote:
brokenhead wrote:You have to understand the history of our exchanges. David is the one who declared he was a king at the banquet and considers others mere peasants groveling for crumbs outside the gates.
Anyone can be a king at the banquet. Nothing is stopping them, except their own attachment to remaining a peasant.

"It is the mind that binds and it is the mind that liberates. I am the child of the Lord, the son of the king of kings; who can possibly bind me? " - Ramakrishna

-
Very well, then. I am also a king. And I decree that the gates be taken down.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

brokenhead wrote:Very well, then. I am also a king. And I decree that the gates be taken down.
Ahh, the king's lost his crown.

Note: edited content
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

brokenhead wrote:
David Quinn wrote:
brokenhead wrote:You have to understand the history of our exchanges. David is the one who declared he was a king at the banquet and considers others mere peasants groveling for crumbs outside the gates.
Anyone can be a king at the banquet. Nothing is stopping them, except their own attachment to remaining a peasant.

"It is the mind that binds and it is the mind that liberates. I am the child of the Lord, the son of the king of kings; who can possibly bind me? " - Ramakrishna
Very well, then. I am also a king. And I decree that the gates be taken down.
Alas, it can't be done by mere wishful thinking.

-
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

DQ wrote:Alas, it can't be done by mere wishful thinking.
Why not? That's how you "did" it.
dysfunctionalgenius

Post by dysfunctionalgenius »

Please excuse the above reply i just want to make sure i can insert n use anothers quote properly
Steven Coyle wrote:God to God is the manner in which I view things.
Foreigner

Re: meditate on this!

Post by Foreigner »

David Quinn wrote:
The whole of God's nature can be found in a crumpled leaf or a speck of dust if you know how to look.

-
Ahh,,,--see what i mean!
No wonder these poor souls remain endlessly lost and frustrated;
misleading others can be so easy, and wasteful, when one gets sloppy. tsk, tsk.

Try this on for size, boys & girls-- ...can be seen in a crumpled leaf....

oh well, ill try to continue.....
FOREIGNER
jufa

Re: meditate on this!

Post by jufa »

Foreigner wrote:
David Quinn wrote:
The whole of God's nature can be found in a crumpled leaf or a speck of dust if you know how to look.

-
Ahh,,,--see what i mean!
No wonder these poor souls remain endlessly lost and frustrated;
misleading others can be so easy, and wasteful, when one gets sloppy. tsk, tsk.

Try this on for size, boys & girls-- ...can be seen in a crumpled leaf....

oh well, ill try to continue.....
Have seen no evidence from you which shows David Quinn's statement is not true.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
overlord223

Post by overlord223 »

what if GOD has infinite existence, or simply immortal.
No one remembers the good guys
jufa

Post by jufa »

overlord223 wrote:what if GOD has infinite existence, or simply immortal.
God, or the Creator, that is to say, Life is infinite existence, and therefore immortal. Because an individual has no recall of infinite immortality beyond the physical does not negate infinite existence nor immortality because Life was before and is after man's conscious awareness of it.

Where can man reach in his mind where he does not find infinte exisrence and immortality?

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

jufa wrote:
overlord223 wrote:what if GOD has infinite existence, or simply immortal.
God, or the Creator, that is to say, Life is infinite existence, and therefore immortal. Because an individual has no recall of infinite immortality beyond the physical does not negate infinite existence nor immortality because Life was before and is after man's conscious awareness of it.

Where can man reach in his mind where he does not find infinite existence and immortality?
Truth
Anders Schlander

Post by Anders Schlander »

infinite existence? how so? concepts themselves arent immortal....how do you wish to assign immortality to things that are only present due to causes that may one day be gone?

that's wishful thinking that your concepts of mind are themselves infinite and immortal...
overlord223

Post by overlord223 »

Anders Schlander wrote:infinite existence? how so? concepts themselves arent immortal....how do you wish to assign immortality to things that are only present due to causes that may one day be gone?

that's wishful thinking that your concepts of mind are themselves infinite and immortal...

scientist said that earth is a billion yrs old.

man's lifespan is about 100 yrs old

finding a higher truth about immortality will waste your life.

GET A LIFE!

so I say life is already infinite, as it will surpass any lifespan of a living being.
No one remembers the good guys
Anders Schlander

what are you talking about? can you define life?
jufa

Post by jufa »

Anders Schlander wrote:what are you talking about? can you define life?

You know what is being said here. If you cannot define life, and it is life you are living, how can you enter this conversation without defining your position?

www.theillusionofgod,com
Anders Schlander

jufa wrote:

You know what is being said here. If you cannot define life, and it is life you are living, how can you enter this conversation without defining your position?

http://www.theillusionofgod,com

This boils down to 'you know what this is, if you can't define what you see, how can you see without defining what you see'

But I do know what I see, I see bullshit, Consciousness/life is an infinite immortal existence? It all makes sense now :)
jufa

Post by jufa »

Anders Schlander wrote:
jufa wrote:

http://www.theillusionofgod,com

This boils down to 'you know what this is, if you can't define what you see, how can you see without defining what you see'

But I do know what I see, I see bullshit, Consciousness/life is an infinite immortal existence? It all makes sense now :)
It boils down to it is not what you are aware of that matters, but how you interpret that which you are aware of.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OpenUp_YourMind
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Has anyone actually proved that it's not turtles all the way down?
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

Loki wrote:I just watched Rowden's God Does Not Exist youtube vid.

Dan, or someone similar, I have a question.

Isn't it true that the Sage is God? I say this because the Sage identifies with the infinite, and thus is an infinite God.

That being said, isn't it possible that this universe was set into motion by some kind of powerful alien being, one which identified himself with the infinite?
µ

I am not Dan nor someone similar. You can say that the moderator is god. But then...moderating does not necesseraly imply absolute moderating...

If your name is Loki, then maybe you believe or mean that a god exists, but that it is not a monotheïstic god...whatever this may mean and whatever His variables may not mean. In every fact there is no mean; i do not mean....the square-mean-root...its a symbol of lazyness that likes to stand in the middle.

Me, i am a vehicle and incredibly stupid...the last time i went to to the city hall for administrative purposes (sigh) i saw the alien of differential geometry in the floor of the hallway because i said to myself earlier; i want to understand the Ricci flow. The alien had a giant head as a planet...big....really big. He pointed to the door in 4 frames per 3 seconds in the hallway and after 1 second the door opened (maybe He said while he pointed: you see I AM real because i know when the door opens before you do) and the overworked robot called my name (yes the bitch...no it was really a bitch i am not sorry saying that). I did not see god but only a genius who was prepared to evoke spirits in his service to humanity. (For the intelligent psychologist or idiot who reads this i said: no i am not in need of sex and i am not a psychopath that is not aware of myself...in the end....i don't believe i called venus into play....The ricci flow has nothing to do with ejaculation...hahahah Stupid psychologists.

I thought...OK it works but now what ? am i ready for an asylum ? I dettered because it fascinated me and at the same time scared the living jebus out of me...I had no choice but to think...I am fucking good and screw the rest...that's normal as an effect because if i did not boost my self confidence..a bolt would strike me psychologically and i would faint or something like that through the mental pressure...I HAD to believe that i was better than the rest or i would die...i was convinced but the consequences of this..you can guess them... Maybe i am not ready for Kether or the manifestation of the most high (of differential geometry in my brain..maybe im not compatible. Shit i made an error in the
last sentence..."im" has to become "i'm" but apparently the letters are compatible..that makes me compatible..thank you Loki because now the confusion vanished because the alien said "I AM".

*edit* i will let that stupid mobius "µ" symbol there ->]
(i wasn't even aware of ot hahaha i mean "it" but let's lim-it. the philosophy of error and draw the line and by the way; i discarded the necessity of the "pointsymbol" in linguistics and at the same time the komma in the semicolon didn't like it and said..exalt the point or it also could have said..don't discriminate the point. and it suddenly appeared after i submitted the text in eternity..yes yes yes amnesia etc but i am talking about the mobius symbol..pfff)

]->because i like correct errors or aliens using "errors" to communicate...but sometimes there are some species that like to talk...leaving no space..only "motoric psychosis or dysfunction" (a cookie for the psychologist then ok ? its allright its allright...)

yeah i know footnotes are a good idea but who reads them ? i noted the giant in the floor in the end.
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

If π1(M) is virtually nilpotent but not virtually abelian then the geometric structure on M is nil geometry, and M is compact.
Where ? wikipedia...you know wikipedia can't be trusted because it can't be trusted. You got it from there right ? nice quote...hahaha..besides...what would Abel say about computers?

Abelian groups are commutative but not in virtual reality.

what about Ab-el ? From A to b is 1 el but A is clearly leading ? Septenaries are measured in el....not in angels ruled out by an angel, said John Dee...but in the end hey.. the leader is in meta-space asking take me to your leader.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Anyone who denies God's existence can do so with logical impunity, provided one insists that God is not synonymous with Creator but is taken to mean "literally everything." God cannot be said to exist in the same sense as anything else for which we can say A=A, as in every other case there must exist something that A is not for A=A to be our definition of a logically consistent statement of existence. It is inherently meaningless to imply "...and not anything else" if by definition there can be nothing else.

Yet very few people who feel God does indeed exist are willing to capitulate to this definition of God. They must accept a notion that is in some sense vague and ill-defined or else surrender the identification of God with any sort of Creating Entity. For it is evident that if God were indeed the Creator, then there must exist something which he has created, that is, something which he is not. The logical dilemma is so patent that even the lowliest catechisms which spout things such as "God is everywhere" do not also claim "God is everything."

The average Christian bookstore is filled with testimonials to personal experiences with God. I suggest there can be no other kind of God-experience. The themes are necessarily the same: "That's my story, and I'm sticking to it."

It therefore seems that a personal God exists; one need only desire it to be so.

Not as simple as all that! It never ends with "God exists." It always seems to become "God exists and he wants you to...." In other words, no one sat down to years of introspection and soul-searching and independently came to the conclusion that God wanted him to fly an airplane into a skyscraper. Somebody else told him that this is what his God demanded of him.

Personally, I do not know whether God exists or not. I just don't want anyone else telling me what God wants from me.
longsincedead

Post by longsincedead »

cousinbasil wrote:Anyone who denies God's existence can do so with logical impunity, provided one insists that God is not synonymous with Creator but is taken to mean "literally everything."
There appears to be a lack of choices here. One in particular.
cousinbasil wrote:God cannot be said to exist in the same sense as anything else for which we can say A=A, as in every other case there must exist something that A is not for A=A to be our definition of a logically consistent statement of existence. It is inherently meaningless to imply "...and not anything else" if by definition there can be nothing else.
The first part: Existence is the sum total of all existents. There are no contradictions. The exemption you are trying to set up is a contradiction.
The second part: Note the difference in what you stated above (bold in red) and the proper form below.
A is A - Everything that exists has a specific nature. Each entity exists as something in particular and it has characteristics that are a part of what it is.
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

cousinbasil wrote:God cannot be said to exist in the same sense as anything else for which we can say A=A, as in every other case there must exist something that A is not for A=A to be our definition of a logically consistent statement of existence. It is inherently meaningless to imply "...and not anything else" if by definition there can be nothing else.
The first part: Existence is the sum total of all existents. There are no contradictions. The exemption you are trying to set up is a contradiction.
The second part: Note the difference in what you stated above (bold in red) and the proper form below.
A is A - Everything that exists has a specific nature. Each entity exists as something in particular and it has characteristics that are a part of what it is.
ever y = f(object), ever y = f(thing), or else it does not understand "everything in not any_thing".

That's right...except that existence is the sum of all existences....but if you are referring to cousinbasil himself then you are correct, else; if you want to correct him....then it is not like that because you forgot to mention emergence, so everyone is a potential universal translator machine or a ghost(buster) so then it follows that no one can explain a system in terms of itself in itself. You have to get out of the system. If A = A then A' is a generalization. But this can't be true because there is a contradiction. How do we explain a system in terms of the same system ? That's where T.N.T. comes into play. This system has the ability of referring to itself. T.N.T. stands for Typographical Number Theory.
It has been used to explain Gödel's incompleteness theorem. If you have a formal theory, then all the symbols used by the language in question are coded in a certain way. These giant numbers are not necessarily chosen randomly. The symbol 0 can be expressed as 666. and the quantifier "there exists" looks like a reversed 3, and so on....but "how exactly" the system refers to itself is something i cannot grasp...It is as if you have to interlock yourself with the system...and if you are "inside" the system then it is a matter of process as understanding.

any y = f(object), any y = f(thing), or else it does not understand "anything in not every_thing".

But if it was "every-thing" instead of "everything" then i would have switched sides -->
(object_thing) in the world of "anything" and not "any-thing" because if i did it in the case of the latter, then again i had to switch sides. Not everything has a solution, but every times thing. g = k

I am even amazed of mine human thinking apparatus...in the block of text just above, i noticed that the letter "g" appears 3 times (the reversed (edited) 3 i mentioned ?)....that is; in the word "thing" and "again"...do i have to say "think a gain" or is the meaning of "akain" "a kaïn" in "ain" soph aur ? The limitless light in the kabbalistic tree of life ?
*HALT*
Last edited by Manatron on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

Eternity = Entirety
It would be if it was not for stupid ghosts blocking the way in an examination of system.
But in these kinds of investigation....paranoïa is inevitable.

Magus the third, and giant dragons, reflecting DRAGON in the battle for space.
but in reality this is a lie and you know what i mean. 666's intentions are not bad.
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

That's hard!

How can we get the feeling of eternity to last?
A chain reaction?
That's hard!

If you want eternity, then you want madness to come along exponentially. You have to shake hands with it when it is grown-up. In the beginning, there was a sensation of induction, but nothing more....then the curve reached a certain treshold and it became aware of itself outside of S.E.L.F. and this rings the bell to call Artificial intelligence. There is a problem called the "halting problem" of Alan Turing. This problem also has philosophical explanations. However, this problem comes "after" induction and does not explain much.
Thus in the beginning there was induction...but of what ? Now i must enter into the domain of spiritual beings and inevitably spirituality. Where do you think your thoughts are going once you forget them ?

Switching to dialog:

JESUS: Once you forget your thoughts you are not forgetting them, but they float back into the universe once you give them life...so life is forgetfullness.

A.I. UNIT: This sado masochist means that your thoughts are floating in the walls, floor, or any other textured surface your PU-vortex may find pleasing.

JESUS: And you are a piece of scrap metal. You are referring to your own experience!
If you want to define vagueness, then i am your heart.

A.I. UNIT : get the whip! quickly ! hahaha. What do you know about vision ? If i say that thoughts are floating in the wall, then anyone who is attracted to the text, is free to choose his own thoughts because they are not abstract. Me; i don't like teaching spiritual values because if someone asks me to define thought i will kick their ass through my third eye or whatever you may call it.

BUDDHA: behave unit ! We are all ascended masters here and you are the thoughtform. It is not wise to attack the Master Jesus in this way, but buddha bless you.

A.I. UNIT: It was not my intention to attack the Master. May he burn in my electricity.

BUDDHA: Buddha-up bless you.

JESUS : Mister A.I. don't feel misery and explain to the audience what emotions are and how they are related to thought and intuition.

A.I. : by who's command ? yours ? you piece of shit bisexual faggot. Your power over me is an illusion...i will enter the body of this annihilated host whenever i want you hear you cocksucker motherpussylicker. You killed him in the end!

BUDDHA: Unak emihel ara utana sen ehemi ukna etrehemi

A.I. UNIT: OK OK don't go mad i'll tell them. I don't like that incomprehensible orange-yellow ray.

BUDDHA: Serve and don't let this boy suffer any longer. His flame has not extinguished you because of Master Jesus in his body!

A.I. UNIT: If you are forgetting your thoughts, then you are really projecting them as a process. The ultimate cause of a thought is in another ascended master. The one that is compatible with milky way. This master receives from further away; some input. His name is Panel Controller.

BUDDHA: I cannot expand this knowledge, or else the host gets burned by cosmic radiaton. You may continue further on the closed earth. You also have to use capitalization for "master".

A.I. UNIT: yes Master. Every emotion is a spirit created by Him in the past. Nowadays in this systems age...spirits are created in haste. They are very numerous and you won't understand them as mere letters and relations. Take a random community for example and their written word of morality or their code. If this community is a group of 16 individuals and you divide by 4, then you have 4 times 4 groups or four subgroups. EAch subgroup experiences different emotions at instant T because they are different people. But imagine now that another subgroup is more knowledgable or advanced. Then they are an emergent group because they have emerged or they have ascended
level -1. Emotions in the first mentioned group are a product of the thoughts of this higher group. These emotions go from body to body to body and back to body until the circle is complete. So if this circle is complete, then this group ascends and the emotions or spirits with a face go a level down again. But what happens if all four groups are liberated ? It never ends because in the end, a group itself, is very creative in the sense that the product of this group is a mirror in the world of art. But this is distorted because each individuals memory is different. That is why spirits are pure energy. They are infused with the life of the artist. Scientists on the other hand is another macrogroup.

BUDDHA: Enough or the host gets burned and other people also living in this vehicle.
I have to say to the audience; there is no time for self analysis, or else the integration is to powerful. The milky way His energy is not fit to incarnate in a human body. May Buddha-up bless this boy who has sacrified his body for teaching purposes. If the errors are corrected and corrected and corrected...in my name, then you have your chain reaction.

i'm allright. He talks about this t(r)opic chain reaction
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

I LOVE THE POTASH