Universal Meaning of Life

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pincho Paxton

Re: Universal Meaning of Life

Post by Pincho Paxton »

What we have done, is we have evolved from a small spot in the middle of space into something that can move around, and communicate. So the meaning of life was originally to make ourselves more capable of doing things. The need to actually move in any direction was very appealing to us. being stuck in one spot was getting very boring.
yana

Post by yana »

The universal meaning of life is to explore and ultimately conquer the universe. God told me so himself ;)
divine focus

Post by divine focus »

eliasforum.org/digests.html
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

DF, I've read all seven parts of that blog entry and it starts off great with in clear language describing the very important stage of examining the motives, drives and desires we have in life. What is causing them, what is making them fade away and how to discover new outlooks and formulate goals that will develop a growing consciousness.

But like in the movie "Conan the Barbarian", the evil warrior Thulsa proclaimed: "There was a time, boy, when I searched for steel, when steel meant more to me than gold or jewels", and after demonstrating his mental power over a groupie: "That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this!".

No matter if we make divisions as Hawkins between lower force (steel, fear, anger) and higher power (mind, love, peace), it's important to recognize the currents of the will to power, the raw desires that demand new covers and names to operate.

One major problem in this article is the clear elitism. Our society drifts on simple labor: roadworks, steelworks, plumbing, putting pipes or cables in the ground and so on. Most of it is rather mindless in terms of ambition. What have these masses of people, many good, honest folks to do with bringing passion to what their daily labor, connecting it to the universe, to eternal, cosmic values of consciousness? So most of the recommendations given seem to only fit a small upper class community, the top of the class, the articulate teacher or consultant for whom marrying the particular passion, or will, to some entrepreneurial undertaking comes natural, all the while celebrating the particular new found "freedom" and direction they already had all along! And giving it all then the label of consciousness growth or in other words stamping their lives with a needed religious seal of approval.
Last edited by Diebert van Rhijn on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

LS eight ball, or maybe just a poor game of rock, paper, scissors.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

I lost my mind on drugs. Around eight years ago.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

LS thee
johny8

Post by johny8 »

Hello Friends.
Every mind has different flow of thinking according to which it defines different definitions of Life. I found interesting answers by you guys and love to post my thoughts here. I think life is about achievements, art of living, satisfaction and respect to others.
IMpossible
divine focus

Post by divine focus »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:One major problem in this article is the clear elitism. Our society drifts on simple labor: roadworks, steelworks, plumbing, putting pipes or cables in the ground and so on. Most of it is rather mindless in terms of ambition. What have these masses of people, many good, honest folks to do with bringing passion to what their daily labor, connecting it to the universe, to eternal, cosmic values of consciousness? So most of the recommendations given seem to only fit a small upper class community, the top of the class, the articulate teacher or consultant for whom marrying the particular passion, or will, to some entrepreneurial undertaking comes natural, all the while celebrating the particular new found "freedom" and direction they already had all along! And giving it all then the label of consciousness growth or in other words stamping their lives with a needed religious seal of approval.
Maybe. As I see it, "simple labor" may or may not be a passion. The author states that she 'quit' career to find her purpose, but now plans on returning with a new vision. She happens to be a 'corporate' employee, but the same could be said for any life work. Why can't "simple labor" connect to "eternal, cosmic values?" All value is personal, whether cosmic or whatever. It's all about doing what you want, and knowing primarily who you are. Obligation vs. truth; responsibility for others vs. responsibility for self. You can only respond to others, you know?
eliasforum.org/digests.html