How can women be sexually appealing...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
guest_of_logic

Re: How can women be sexually appealing...

Post by guest_of_logic »

Dan Rowden wrote:Since she also used the same collective term to refer to men and people in general in this same thread, I'm not sure your point has much merit.
But since she's not a man then it's entirely proper and expected that she'd refer to men as "they" and not "us". As for "people" - well, I find that a little bit strange too if she used "they", but I'd guess that it was in a critical context, right?
Dan Rowden wrote:Do you think it always connotes some kind of psychological "thingamee" (to use the technical term) that a person refers to their own gender by a impersonal, collective pronoun?
Well, I guess that at the least it indicates that you don't want to identify yourself with the criticism that you're making, so it probably indicates that you see yourself as unusual in some way, which is probably a psychological "thingamee".
Dan Rowden wrote:I tell you, men - they truly suck.
No, we don't. But they might. :-)
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

guest_of_logic wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:Since she also used the same collective term to refer to men and people in general in this same thread, I'm not sure your point has much merit.
But since she's not a man then it's entirely proper and expected that she'd refer to men as "they" and not "us". As for "people" - well, I find that a little bit strange too if she used "they", but I'd guess that it was in a critical context, right?
Laird,

I could call myself a man if I wanted to - but I won't because it's confusing. It all depends on how you define these things. Take for example the "Men of the Infinite" series. Do you think that means only males? They state that it is referring to "men" (as in, "humans") of both genders.

I know we don't see eye to eye on this, but I think it's a useful way to order the language - since femininity corresponds to unconsciousness.
Dan Rowden wrote:Do you think it always connotes some kind of psychological "thingamee" (to use the technical term) that a person refers to their own gender by a impersonal, collective pronoun?
Well, I guess that at the least it indicates that you don't want to identify yourself with the criticism that you're making, so it probably indicates that you see yourself as unusual in some way, which is probably a psychological "thingamee".
Not necessarily that you see yourself as unusual, but that you're identifying the traits and patters that you'd like to move away from. Do you classify that as a thingamee? Well then, consider me fully thingameed.
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Dan Rowden wrote:
rebecca702 wrote:I don't know if there's anything worth thinking about it all of that, but the general idea was that 99% of people want love. They might say they want truth, but they want love.
This pretty much sums up the guy I'm currently talking with in the comments section of my Youtube vid, When a Man Loves a Woman.

He certainly wants love more than truth, and will deny the possibility of truth to keep it.
I've been following the conversation - he definitely speaks like a religious convert. When he says you sound a lot like he used to, and that he used to hold those same views, I highly doubt he actually did. It was probably more of a case of sour grapes.

When he says "physically harmless. lol" he's admitting that they're harmful in other ways! Yet onward he goes. With a pregnant woman in your lap, you can't afford to entertain any cognitive dissonance.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

rebecca702 wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:
rebecca702 wrote:I don't know if there's anything worth thinking about it all of that, but the general idea was that 99% of people want love. They might say they want truth, but they want love.
This pretty much sums up the guy I'm currently talking with in the comments section of my Youtube vid, When a Man Loves a Woman.

He certainly wants love more than truth, and will deny the possibility of truth to keep it.
I've been following the conversation - he definitely speaks like a religious convert.
That's very much what a person who has fallen in love, or lust is - a religious convert.
When he says you sound a lot like he used to, and that he used to hold those same views, I highly doubt he actually did. It was probably more of a case of sour grapes.
"I used to think like you do" is one of those nifty catch-phrases people use so as to more clearly contrast their new state of wisdom and maturity. Basically, he projected his paucity of thought onto me. You get that.
When he says "physically harmless. lol" he's admitting that they're harmful in other ways! Yet onward he goes.
In the early stages of the "love bug" we tend to find the other's emotionalism entertaining or endearing, especially when it's directed at us, because it indicates valuation and so forth. But, over time it loses its gloss. Eventually we come to dislike or even detest it. As I said to him, "that too shall pass." But, he's got the faith; the holy love spirit has clamped down hard on his balls; no helping him right now.
With a pregnant woman in your lap, you can't afford to entertain any cognitive dissonance.
No, that would undermine their feelings too much. I frankly don't even know why he watched the video. Perhaps so as to build that aforementioned contrast and convince himself even more. I was going to make a point to him about the insult contained in the idea that women civilize or humanize men, but I decided not to on the grounds that in his case it might actually be somewhat true.

I also considered making the point to him that his new found convictions might just be a salve for his conscience after knocking her up, but I thought that might be a tad too cynical, maybe even cruel. Guys in his state are pretty fragile, poor dears.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Dan,
David: Without the male desire to conquer his ideation of woman, sex would become mundane and uninteresting - akin to relieving one's bladder in the toilet.

Sher: For all I know, you guys could be right, and be describing things accurately from the male perspective.

Dan: There really is only the male perspective, if there is perspective at all. Women don't have "perspective" in this. You have to be able to step back, reflectively from all this to be able to have any true perspective. Most women lack that ability; most men don't use what they have.
The male perspective expressed in this thread is based only on the male experience. It says nothing about the female experience. These are different for obvious reasons, but since I’m not sure I’m being properly understood, I’ll talk about it a little more.

Nick described the penetration of a penis into a vagina as being the same thing physically as the penetration into an anus. This is complete bullshit, because at least for the female, the sensations are completely different. Leyla is a female, and she also testified that both penetrations feel different and produce different types of orgasm (if at all). Sorry that I’m paraphrasing her, but I can’t be bothered to search a thread that is already on page 6.

So, if the male perspective is that those two things are the same, and my experience and that of other women tells me they are not even similar, I should just accept the male perspective as being true, because I have no ability to have a perspective. Does that pretty much sum up your position?

Let’s go on to the text you quoted above.
David: Without the male desire to conquer his ideation of woman, sex would become mundane and uninteresting - akin to relieving one's bladder in the toilet.
David is talking about the male experience. My experience with sex could never be described as relieving a bladder, even if it was with one of Jason’s machines. Emptying my bladder is something I do with an urgent feeling. No such urge exists for me with sex. In fact, it is something I can plan, and look forward to several days before, sort of like when I make a reservation at a luxurious restaurant. I am not even hungry, let alone starved, when I make said reservation. I am then in the position where I can be very choosy about the type and quality of food experience I will have. David is not – his sexual experience can be better described as a hobo finding a container with food scraps in the trash can, flies coming out of it, and he eats it with desperation because he is starved.

Here again, your position would be that the starving hobo experience is the true perspective (on sex), and the luxurious restaurant experience is false, because it was described by me, a female, who is not capable of having a perspective. Again, confirm that I understood you correctly.
Sher: But my perspective is very different to all the text I cited above. It boils down to this: If you could give me a machine that could inflict upon me all the physical sensations (pressure, friction, thrusting, sucking, and whatever else) that the right man could, I'd go for the machine and forget about the man, if for no other reason that because the machine is cheaper, needs less maintenance and is easier to control.

Dan: Sure, but in that sense you're only speaking of the simple fact of physical stimulation. For most people this is not enough. They require all the accouterments of the psycho-sexual realm, over and above the simple act of experiencing physical pleasure.
For me the physical pleasure is enough; the psychological pleasure you talk about leaves enough baggage for me to go on a 2-month trip to Europe. Been there, done that.
For most people this is not enough.
Most people end up in abusive, non-functional relationships. All because they want psychological pleasure mixed with the physical.
Sher: Cultural conditioning has nothing to do with my choosing men over women for sex -- it is just that women, or animals, or machines (toys included) are not equipped and skilled to do what a man can do sexually.

Dan: Oh, I rather doubt that. A skilled lesbian with a strap-on wouldn't suffice? I suspect she would do a better job.
A strap-on is not going to do the job well. I’d take the machine, who won’t expect me to give it any pleasure. I am not fondling a woman, and that is final.
Sher: So it is not the ideation of man that makes the experience so different for me: it is the physical part itself.

Dan: So, if I find you a bunch of skilled Panamanian lesbians, you'll be into it?
I’m really sorry to disappoint you Dan, but no. A strap-on is not the same as a penis, and I don’t want to be touched by a woman. But I admit that you do make a valid point.

In light of your observation, it is time to restate my position. I feel sexually attracted to a man’s body in a way that I can’t feel towards a woman, an animal or a machine. You are right that it does add some excitement to sex. However, sex is still mainly about the physical sensations, and that is what I stated at first (page 2 of this thread). In my case, the machine will still beat the man, because the loss due to the machine’s physical aspect is compensated by the cheaper cost, lower maintenance, lower expectations and zero emotional baggage it produces.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Shahrazad wrote:
Why is so hard to avoid the trap, that when we try to correct someone else on their bad behavior, we use bad behavior to correct them?
Carl also uses this strategy. He keeps protesting against Tomas' news posts by making very similar posts himself.
But!...I've taken to locking the shower door and using soap-on-a-rope. Don't have to Ben Dover for the bar. Never know who the peeping tom(ass) is in the Genius 'hood.

PS - I tend to post on Worldly Forum, occassionally here - when warranted. Honor, you know? ;-)
Don't run to your death
Nick

Post by Nick »

Shahrazad wrote:Nick described the penetration of a penis into a vagina as being the same thing physically as the penetration into an anus. This is complete bullshit, because at least for the female, the sensations are completely different. Leyla is a female, and she also testified that both penetrations feel different and produce different types of orgasm (if at all). Sorry that I’m paraphrasing her, but I can’t be bothered to search a thread that is already on page 6.
What I described is simply about the anatomy of sex, which is when a penis is rubbed against something, there's a good chance it's going to feel good, regardless of whether it's a vagina or an asshole. If anything, an asshole might feel a little better due to it being tighter than vagina, at least from what I've heard. Anyways, what I said there was only in relation to the male perspective, (the only perspective) on Woman, (not physical stimulation), which you fail over and over again in realizing that this is what the discussion is mainly about.

Besides, whether an orgasm stimulates a woman differently depending on whether she's fucked in the ass or vagina is not something I'm at all interested in.
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

rebecca702 wrote:I could call myself a man if I wanted to - but I won't because it's confusing.
I agree that it would be confusing if you were to do that.
rebecca702 wrote:It all depends on how you define these things. Take for example the "Men of the Infinite" series. Do you think that means only males? They state that it is referring to "men" (as in, "humans") of both genders.
Yes, but we've agreed that such usage is confusing.
rebecca702 wrote:I know we don't see eye to eye on this, but I think it's a useful way to order the language
How can something that's confusing be useful?
rebecca702 wrote:since femininity corresponds to unconsciousness.
In response to that, I'll quote you: "we don't see eye to eye on this"; I see no need to rehash the reasons for our disagreement.
rebecca702 wrote:Not necessarily that you see yourself as unusual, but that you're identifying the traits and patters that you'd like to move away from. Do you classify that as a thingamee? Well then, consider me fully thingameed.
Oh, I'm hedging my bets. Whether or not I'd consider it to be a "thingamee" depends on other things.

You talk about moving away from traits and patterns, and I gather that you're talking about psychological/philosophical traits, but I don't really know whether your desire to "move away" from being feminine extends beyond psychology/philosophy, so I'm going to ask you a few questions to try to get a better idea - I hope that you answer them, but no hard feelings if you don't, because I imagine that given our differences of opinion you probably prefer to interact with people whom you feel can advance your understanding in ways that you do agree with:
1. How do you feel about being a physical and biological woman - in particular about (assuming that you have no medical problems) having female reproductive organs and the ability to bear children, about having an identifiably feminine face and voice, about having a feminine body in the sense of being less muscular and less angular than a man?
2. How do you feel about your sexual identity as a woman - by that I mean that whether or not you see yourself as a sexual being, other people are going to be sexually attracted to you on the basis of you being a biological woman?
3. What's your response to prince's attitude towards the sexual appeal of women?
4. Would you rather have been born a biological man?
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

guest_of_logic wrote:
rebecca702 wrote: It all depends on how you define these things. Take for example the "Men of the Infinite" series. Do you think that means only males? They state that it is referring to "men" (as in, "humans") of both genders.
I realise you have your own agenda, but really, a person would have to be pretty thick to find the usage confusing.

-
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

guest_of_logic wrote:
rebecca702 wrote:I could call myself a man if I wanted to - but I won't because it's confusing.
I agree that it would be confusing if you were to do that.
rebecca702 wrote:It all depends on how you define these things. Take for example the "Men of the Infinite" series. Do you think that means only males? They state that it is referring to "men" (as in, "humans") of both genders.
No. I'm not saying that "such usage" is confusing. Let me clarify. I don't refer to myself as a man on an internet forum and use an ambiguous username because people can't see me, and wouldn't actually know if I was a biological male. It would be confusing because it would create uncertainty and drama, and I'd rather be straightforward. That's the only reason. If we were having this conversation in "real life", I might refer to myself as a man for the sake of interesting conversation - and bringing up the real relationship between the sexes. You still don't see the benefit in that, I know.
I see no need to rehash the reasons for our disagreement.
I agree, so I will give perfuctory answers to your pop quiz.
You talk about moving away from traits and patterns, and I gather that you're talking about psychological/philosophical traits, but I don't really know whether your desire to "move away" from being feminine extends beyond psychology/philosophy, so I'm going to ask you a few questions to try to get a better idea - I hope that you answer them, but no hard feelings if you don't, because I imagine that given our differences of opinion you probably prefer to interact with people whom you feel can advance your understanding in ways that you do agree with:
1. How do you feel about being a physical and biological woman - in particular about (assuming that you have no medical problems) having female reproductive organs and the ability to bear children, about having an identifiably feminine face and voice, about having a feminine body in the sense of being less muscular and less angular than a man?
The monthly hormone ritual is a bit annoying - I could live without that - but I'm fine with being a woman. The ability to bear children is neither here nor there. I've not grown up on a silver platter, so I know how to work and take care of myself and I'm not weak. The problems with being a woman, and the anguish that makes me want to jump out of my skin, come from culture.
2. How do you feel about your sexual identity as a woman - by that I mean that whether or not you see yourself as a sexual being, other people are going to be sexually attracted to you on the basis of you being a biological woman?

I feel most true to myself when I am not acting like an animal. But then yes, people are attracted to me and try to treat me like an animal. I ignore them.
3. What's your response to prince's attitude towards the sexual appeal of women?
I really liked prince's little ditty. It could also go for men, too. It's true! We can all be nasty! I think I understand what he was trying to do, which is what someone else said - make sort of a meditation of it. Focus on the nastiness to try to curb your desire.
4. Would you rather have been born a biological man?
No. At times I would have said yes. But it really doesn't matter what sex you are. That question doesn't really make any sense. If my dad wouldn't have worn tighty-whities and killed the Y chromosomes, a boy might have been born instead, but it wouldn't be "me". It would have a completely different mind.
Ergasiophobic

Post by Ergasiophobic »

Shahrazad wrote:David,
This will be the challenge for women in the future. Being composed of imperfect technology themselves, they will have to compete with superior forms of technology. They may well lose out.
You just don't get it, do you? Still think women have something to lose? Why would we need men when we have machines that perform much better than 90% of men? (See the machines Jason linked to.) It's men the ones who should be worried: they are becoming obsolete.

In my experience, women like to comfort themselves with this myth.

http://www.mymalesexuality.com/products ... hlight.jpg

http://www.bestsextoyreview.com/Blow_Jo ... ersuck.php

http://www.toyssexshop.com/products/bms412.htm

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo ... ale_Robot/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjV_lxSVQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmIf-slN ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... GfaQCY_bo4

"I find you very attractive. Your aggressive moves toward me indicate that you feel the same way. But still, ritual requires that we go through a number of platonic activities before we [brief pause] have sex. I'm simply proceeding with those activities. But in point of actual fact, all I really want to do is have intercourse with you as soon as possible. You're gonna slap me now."

"I don't exactly know what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we assume that I said all that. I mean essentially we are talking about fluid exchange right? So could we go just straight to the sex."

John Nash as portrayed by Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Erga wrote:
Could you possibly summarize the myth in case I don't find time to glean it from your 7 links?
Jason

Post by Jason »

Ergasiophobic wrote:
Shahrazad wrote:It's men the ones who should be worried: they are becoming obsolete.

If we assume that men are largely interested in the physical aspects, and women need the romantic side of things, then I'd argue that we are much closer to technologically fulfilling men's desires. With current and foreseeable technology it would be far easier to create a good looking artificial female that could carry out sexual moves with the odd groan and grunt, and maybe some simplistic speech capabilities. It could be done now for a large price. Convincingly simulating romantic interactions on the other hand could require strong AI(or something approaching it) and we are nowhere near that technologically, in fact no one seems to really know for sure how or even if we will ever achieve it.
"I find you very attractive. Your aggressive moves toward me indicate that you feel the same way. But still, ritual requires that we go through a number of platonic activities before we [brief pause] have sex. I'm simply proceeding with those activities. But in point of actual fact, all I really want to do is have intercourse with you as soon as possible. You're gonna slap me now."
Do women ever actually, really, slap men in situations akin to this? Anyone ever experienced it?
Pye

Post by Pye »

rebecca702: It all depends on how you define these things. Take for example the "Men of the Infinite" series. Do you think that means only males? They state that it is referring to "men" (as in, "humans") of both genders.

guest_of_logic: Yes, but we've agreed that such usage is confusing.

David Quinn: I realise you have your own agenda, but really, a person would have to be pretty thick to find the usage confusing.
It's more egregious than "confusing." It's irrational. and thick of you, in support of your own agenda. This philosophic approach will teeter and fall without this little irrational nugget upholding the whole.

rebecca702 worth quoting in this context:
The problems with being a woman, and the anguish that makes me want to jump out of my skin, come from culture.
There is no constitutional incapacity in women to reason. They don't become "men" when they use their minds. It is this very condition of cultural alterity (other-ness; other-than human-ness) that produces the very things about women for which you complain. It also produces a lot of self-assured smugness on the part of males that they somehow have a greater leg-up in the reasoning dept., and there they fester . . . .

David in response to prince's 2nd post:
There are schools of Buddhism which practice this kind of meditation - focusing on the mucus, puss, germs, blood, etc, that permeate a woman's body - as a way of trying to break her spell.
It's not her spell. And btw, it's not her suffering that stands out in prince's post . . . . you do your minions a disservice here by your defense of them.

Denigration of the object that one is so (helplessly) attracted to - as a way out of the attraction - does not produce clear reasoning. It's another heap of bad faith; another misdirected pursuit. And further, as evidenced here, a permanent trap from which no one emerges with any clearer understanding of themselves . . . .

I see the board has been generally and everywhere infected with another bout of behavioral-breeding management: everyone else's . . . .
Pye

Post by Pye »

David Quinn:
There are schools of Buddhism which practice this kind of meditation - focusing on the mucus, puss, germs, blood, etc, that permeate a woman's body - as a way of trying to break her spell.
btw, this is more horsepucky of your own device. The ritual is the 3-day witnessing of the rotting of the body, so that buddhists lose their attachment to it and consider themselves something other-than physicality.

That, too, is horsepucky.
Ergasiophobic

Post by Ergasiophobic »

Carl G wrote:Erga wrote:
Could you possibly summarize the myth in case I don't find time to glean it from your 7 links?

There's probably about 3 myths there: That men need women but women don't need men, for two. And, mainly, that men need women for sexual gratification but women don't need men for that because they have vibrators. Many seem ignorant of the fact that men have 'toys' too.

Though, Shah has a point in that most men seem unable to settle for less than the real thing, no matter how expensive, laborious or inconvenient. It's like they have an itch, but instead of scratching it themselves and going about their day, they spend their entire lives (and almost every action they do) trying to get someone else to do the scratching for them.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Jason, I found just the thing for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HQJpza5lLA&e
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Damn. I've been in contact with fairies lately. Mind's eye helpers.
mansman

Post by mansman »

Shahrazad wrote:Dan,

Sher: For all I know, you guys could be right, and be describing things accurately from the male perspective.

Dan: There really is only the male perspective, if there is perspective at all. Women don't have "perspective" in this. You have to be able to step back, reflectively from all this to be able to have any true perspective. Most women lack that ability; most men don't use what they have.
The male perspective expressed in this thread is based only on the male experience. It says nothing about the female experience. These are different for obvious reasons, but since I’m not sure I’m being properly understood, I’ll talk about it a little more.

Nick described the penetration of a penis into a vagina as being the same thing physically as the penetration into an anus. This is complete bullshit, because at least for the female, the sensations are completely different. Leyla is a female, and she also testified that both penetrations feel different and produce different types of orgasm (if at all). Sorry that I’m paraphrasing her, but I can’t be bothered to search a thread that is already on page 6.

So, if the male perspective is that those two things are the same, and my experience and that of other women tells me they are not even similar, I should just accept the male perspective as being true, because I have no ability to have a perspective. Does that pretty much sum up your position?

Let’s go on to the text you quoted above.
David is talking about the male experience. My experience with sex could never be described as relieving a bladder, even if it was with one of Jason’s machines. Emptying my bladder is something I do with an urgent feeling. No such urge exists for me with sex. In fact, it is something I can plan, and look forward to several days before, sort of like when I make a reservation at a luxurious restaurant. I am not even hungry, let alone starved, when I make said reservation. I am then in the position where I can be very choosy about the type and quality of food experience I will have. David is not – his sexual experience can be better described as a hobo finding a container with food scraps in the trash can, flies coming out of it, and he eats it with desperation because he is starved.

Here again, your position would be that the starving hobo experience is the true perspective (on sex), and the luxurious restaurant experience is false, because it was described by me, a female, who is not capable of having a perspective. Again, confirm that I understood you correctly.
Sher: But my perspective is very different to all the text I cited above. It boils down to this: If you could give me a machine that could inflict upon me all the physical sensations (pressure, friction, thrusting, sucking, and whatever else) that the right man could, I'd go for the machine and forget about the man, if for no other reason that because the machine is cheaper, needs less maintenance and is easier to control.

Dan: Sure, but in that sense you're only speaking of the simple fact of physical stimulation. For most people this is not enough. They require all the accouterments of the psycho-sexual realm, over and above the simple act of experiencing physical pleasure.
For me the physical pleasure is enough; the psychological pleasure you talk about leaves enough baggage for me to go on a 2-month trip to Europe. Been there, done that.
For most people this is not enough.
Most people end up in abusive, non-functional relationships. All because they want psychological pleasure mixed with the physical.
Sher: Cultural conditioning has nothing to do with my choosing men over women for sex -- it is just that women, or animals, or machines (toys included) are not equipped and skilled to do what a man can do sexually.

Dan: Oh, I rather doubt that. A skilled lesbian with a strap-on wouldn't suffice? I suspect she would do a better job.
A strap-on is not going to do the job well. I’d take the machine, who won’t expect me to give it any pleasure. I am not fondling a woman, and that is final.
Sher: So it is not the ideation of man that makes the experience so different for me: it is the physical part itself.

Dan: So, if I find you a bunch of skilled Panamanian lesbians, you'll be into it?
I’m really sorry to disappoint you Dan, but no. A strap-on is not the same as a penis, and I don’t want to be touched by a woman. But I admit that you do make a valid point.

In light of your observation, it is time to restate my position. I feel sexually attracted to a man’s body in a way that I can’t feel towards a woman, an animal or a machine. You are right that it does add some excitement to sex. However, sex is still mainly about the physical sensations, and that is what I stated at first (page 2 of this thread). In my case, the machine will still beat the man, because the loss due to the machine’s physical aspect is compensated by the cheaper cost, lower maintenance, lower expectations and zero emotional baggage it produces.
zad, you're attracted to mens bodies because there's a MAN inside there, usually, your mind knows and expects a MAN to be there, and hopes he's as close as possible to your minds idea of the ideal MAN. Such a man will move and use his body just as you prefer. But the friction turns out to be a minor factor believe it or not, the actual contact mainly serves as a confirmation loop assuring your mind that the experience is real and on-going. Anyone whose experienced a wet dream understands this. Basically being tricked into orgasm by a dream.
Premature ejaculators-- all in the mind. Some people can lie still and meditate their way to a climax, can be achieved with practice.
When you work out an O with your vibe or machine, the physical, the rubbing, the friction as required is only so required as compensation for a more-or-less lacking else where such as the imagination, or in your reality (less than ideal circumstance, complications and distractions due to partners presence, mental blocks and concerns).
Struggling to finish, needing much friction, or taking too long (>1 min) is essentially abnormal and a sign from Nature that one has settled.

Learn from the antelope.

M
- FOREIGNER
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

mansman,
Struggling to finish, needing much friction, or taking too long (>1 min) is essentially abnormal and a sign from Nature that one has settled.
Please explain how the person has settled.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Jason wrote:Do women ever actually, really, slap men in situations akin to this? Anyone ever experienced it?
The answer is a resounding yes. You never know how a pick up line is going to go over. What's important to women is how they see themselves and how others see them. A slap doesn't mean no, it might mean slow down and try again.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Shahrazad wrote:Nick described the penetration of a penis into a vagina as being the same thing physically as the penetration into an anus. This is complete bullshit, because at least for the female, the sensations are completely different.
Listen, guys can cum into a vacuum cleaner hose. If Nick's point is that an ejaculation is an ejaculation, I agree. But how you get there is never the same. Speaking for myself, penetrating a vagina feels completely different on more levels than one from penetrating an anus, much the same way no two vaginas feel the same, physically or any other way. It depends on your focus, the similarities or the differences. I say explore the differences, because the end result is more or less the same: an ejaculation is an ejaculation.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Pye wrote:
rebecca702: It all depends on how you define these things. Take for example the "Men of the Infinite" series. Do you think that means only males? They state that it is referring to "men" (as in, "humans") of both genders.

guest_of_logic: Yes, but we've agreed that such usage is confusing.

David Quinn: I realise you have your own agenda, but really, a person would have to be pretty thick to find the usage confusing.
It's more egregious than "confusing."

I grant that it is extraordinary, given that analyzing the limitations of woman is still taboo in modern society. But egregious? I don't think so.

Given its taboo nature and the fact that people generally bow down and worship woman to the skies, the woman issue becomes a sort of lithmus test. How one handles it reflects how well one can handle spiritual wisdom generally.

If a person doesn't have the ability to think in generalizations and see the value of employing them; if he doesn't know how to distinguish between generalizations and logical truths and know how to switch back and forth between them without missing a beat, particularly in areas which cut close to the bone; if he cannot see what lies beyond woman and thus cannot see the point in reducing her blinding glare; if he cannot even discern her blinding glare - then you can be sure that he (or she) lacks the mind for wisdom.

This philosophic approach will teeter and fall without this little irrational nugget upholding the whole.

In your dreams, perhaps.

rebecca702 worth quoting in this context:
The problems with being a woman, and the anguish that makes me want to jump out of my skin, come from culture.
There is no constitutional incapacity in women to reason. They don't become "men" when they use their minds. It is this very condition of cultural alterity (other-ness; other-than human-ness) that produces the very things about women for which you complain. It also produces a lot of self-assured smugness on the part of males that they somehow have a greater leg-up in the reasoning dept., and there they fester . . . .
There are dangers lurking in every stage of development. Those who don't have the drive to perfection will indeed stagnate somewhere along the line. But this doesn't mean we should cease highlighting the nature of the path, simply on their account.

Pye wrote:David in response to prince's 2nd post:
It's not her spell. And btw, it's not her suffering that stands out in prince's post . . . . you do your minions a disservice here by your defense of them.

It is a spell that evolution has generated, one that most men and women happily participate in. Those who want to end the spell have to find way of breaking it. For men, that involves eroding all the footholds in the mind which allow the charms of woman to take purchase. Prince's meditation is one way of doing that, albeit not a particularly effective way, at least not on its own.

Denigration of the object that one is so (helplessly) attracted to - as a way out of the attraction - does not produce clear reasoning. It's another heap of bad faith; another misdirected pursuit.

It is a corrective to the appearance and influence of woman's shiny surface and superficial charm.

I'm not sure that highlighting the reality that germs, puss, blood, mucus, etc, fill nearly every corner of a woman's body counts as denigrating them. It is simply a different perspective which challenges the limitations of other, more conventional perspectives.

And further, as evidenced here, a permanent trap from which no one emerges with any clearer understanding of themselves . . . .
You're dreaming again.

Pye wrote:David Quinn:
btw, this is more horsepucky of your own device. The ritual is the 3-day witnessing of the rotting of the body, so that buddhists lose their attachment to it and consider themselves something other-than physicality.

You're thinking of something else. What I was referring to were passages within Buddhist texts which outline the repulsive aspects of a woman's body, not unlike prince's list. I don't have any of these texts handy, so I can't post an example. But I have seen them.

-
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Dan Rowden wrote:
David Quinn wrote:As such, wanting to have sex with a woman is like wanting to have sex with a person with Down Syndrome.
That's gotta go down in the "Quinn's Quotable Quotes" annals.
It's interesting to look at models and supermodels, who supposedly express the physical attractiveness of women at its highest level, and observe how much they resemble people with Down Syndrome. With their big eyes, big lips, small chins and vacant stares, they look like spastic mongoloids from an alien world.

-
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

David Quinn wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:
David Quinn wrote:As such, wanting to have sex with a woman is like wanting to have sex with a person with Down Syndrome.
That's gotta go down in the "Quinn's Quotable Quotes" annals.
It's interesting to look at models and supermodels, who supposedly express the physical attractiveness of women at its highest level,[...]
Well, supposedly, yes, but according to whom? Men or women or the media and corporate interests pushing this line? There has certainly been a enormous celebrity cult dynamic surrounding these women over the last 10 years especially, but I sometimes wonder how to interpret that. It used to be that beauty pageant entrants and winners carried this status. Since those have gone out of vogue somewhat, primarily it seems due the the social force of feminism, perhaps models have been sucked in to fill a void that must be filled.

I don't think most men find most models all that attractive, really, their freakish and anorexic nature considered. That, of course, doesn't matter to most women because women will value and aspire to whatever they are presented with as the "epitome" of womanhood. "...ring through her nose" etc.