Genius Forum - the ideas, the content, the language, the...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Ignius

Genius Forum - the ideas, the content, the language, the...

Post by Ignius »

(cont'd) ...pos(t)ers, and so on - oh yeah, and I also have a problem with the Internet in general. Also, furthermore, I have a problem with understanding it for what it is, because it can mean many things to many different people - for instance: multiple people may mean multiple different things, but code it in the same form (-what's a better word?), and therefore, appear to understand one another - having what seems to be a conversation with each other. Now, that's fine, and it shouldn't bother anyone, because, at least, people seem to (oddly enough) reach some sort of an understanding, etc... But the problem is that because of this misunderstanding (not understanding the other person's idea for what it really is, or for how they understand it, for ex.) ignorance spreads, even if, the intention was for truth to spread. Moreover, if, let's say, a teacher, knows something significant and tries to educate another (and, in return, further educating themselves), the misunderstanding of that teacher will cause problems. The more appealing the teacher, the more the student will want to learn, and the more they will delve into the teachings.

I must add: ignorance will only spread in the ignorant. The relationship between a teacher and a student is sort of a a similar relationship to that of truth and ignorance (or knowing and not-knowing, etc etc etc). So, you see, this is why, I think, there is a serious problem here.

I need to find the problem and fix it.

Any thoughts?

Btw, I've recently made several discoveries.
Dan Rowden

Re: Genius Forum - the ideas, the content, the language, the...

Post by Dan Rowden »

Back again, huh? How long are you going to last this time, do you think?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Who is this, Dan? The kid that said he was going to start a new life in 2009?
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Does it really matter? Why don't we just focus on the question. It's specific enough, and it emphasizes a very real problem.

Btw, I have started a new life: a day or so, before the NY hit, I received my first check (ODSP) - this led me to get completely wasted for the better part of this month (almost every single day). I know, not the smartest idea, but it helped (at times) to relieve the severity of my symptoms. Anyway, I plan on quitting tomorrow, and having my NY resolution met at the very start of Feb. Seriously, this was only a minor setback.

Oh, and... Why would I not last? I'm my own worst enemy - and this, is changing, because I'm learning how to control my symptoms (read: mind). My mind will no longer control me! (that kinda doesn't make sense, but... you know what I mean!)

Onto the question... :)
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

What question? I saw some ramblings but can't discern a specific question from them.
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

You can't be serious!

Dammit Dan - stop drinking! :p

Basically, the question, was this: - in other words (whatever) - if a teacher aids in deluding a student - THEN - the former is not fulfilling their chosen purpose. Do you agree with that? Moreover, you do (I would assume so) help other people, but because these philosophical ideas are so - *what's the word* - "dangerous", they may aid in deluding a lot of people as well (I would suspect). So, the problem is, you're going against your agenda, as well as, for it.

I think that this should be enough cause for concern.

What do you think?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

No person can be deluded by my views if they understand them. If they don't, that's not something I can really control. Misunderstanding happens. I know of no way to avoid them. One can only minimize them by communicating well.
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Point taken. But that's also my point, in that, if you know that there's a chance that it'll hurt them, in some way, then why would you go about it in this way (ex. I, personally, was misled - many times - I guess I mistook the finger for the moon without getting more help from the teacher - and this - made me stray into delusional thinking). So, I can't help that I think that there's a problem here.

Furthermore, I believe that there is an, even more, efficient way of communicating, so that, the other person has a better chance of understanding it. For instance, in my case, you told me that I should think things through, on my own... That's good advice, but when I had questions, after I took your advice, they weren't being answered.

I find that there's a problem with not answering questions after someone pays attention to whatever it is that you have to say.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

The reason I don't answer all your questions is because you have insufficient control of your mind to warrant the effort on my part. In short, I don't have any belief in the merit of my doing so. That may change at some point; who knows. Plus, I don't respond well to people who expect things.
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Good.

I understand, thanks.
bert

Post by bert »

Basically, the question, was this: - in other words (whatever) - if a teacher aids in deluding a student - THEN - the former is not fulfilling their chosen purpose. Do you agree with that? Moreover, you do (I would assume so) help other people, but because these philosophical ideas are so - *what's the word* - "dangerous", they may aid in deluding a lot of people as well (I would suspect). So, the problem is, you're going against your agenda, as well as, for it.
being active on a wonderful job - finding out what I'm doing, and what it means. I can always read into it something other than I did mean ; never the meaning of my meaning, or the whole meaning. then we wonder whether anything has any more meaning than anything else!
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Doesn't matter to me.

It's funny -> I know the answers to all my questions. Though, I can't say the same for you.

If Dan didn't understand my first post, then it really doesn't matter whether he does understand or not.

I'm wondering why I keep posting on these forums - or any other forum for that matter...
bert

Post by bert »

Ignius wrote:Doesn't matter to me.

It's funny -> I know the answers to all my questions. Though, I can't say the same for you.

If Dan didn't understand my first post, then it really doesn't matter whether he does understand or not.

I'm wondering why I keep posting on these forums - or any other forum for that matter...
have a nice life then...
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Are you leaving us, Bert?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Shahrazad wrote:Are you leaving us, Bert?
Bert ain't leaving, he's been here since 2005.
Don't run to your death
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Well, Ignius is certainly not leaving us. At least not in a permanent way.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Shahrazad wrote:Well, Ignius is certainly not leaving us. At least not in a permanent way.
Samadhi seems to be the only honorable person here who has been banned .. and didn't come back on an alias.
Don't run to your death
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I agree, Tomas.
bert

Post by bert »

the 2nd of July my(our) plane leaves for Whitehorse,Canada,then Alaska, Indonesia, Australia,NZ, Thailand,Cambodja,Vietnam,Laos,China...by bike. I will be gone for a year. the most things are already in place. until then, we'll see...
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

bert wrote:
the 2nd of July my(our) plane leaves for Whitehorse,Canada,then Alaska, Indonesia, Australia,NZ, Thailand,Cambodja,Vietnam,Laos,China...by bike. I will be gone for a year. the most things are already in place. until then, we'll see...
Oh boo, guess he is :-(
Don't run to your death
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

bert,
the 2nd of July my(our) plane leaves for Whitehorse,Canada,then Alaska, Indonesia, Australia,NZ, Thailand,Cambodja,Vietnam,Laos,China...by bike.
Awesome. I would love to do that.

But I don't get it. If you're traveling by plane, why did you mention the bike?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Shahrazad wrote:bert,
the 2nd of July my(our) plane leaves for Whitehorse,Canada,then Alaska, Indonesia, Australia,NZ, Thailand,Cambodja,Vietnam,Laos,China...by bike.

It'd be interesting to see anyone ride a bike on water from Alaska to Indonesia .. then to Australia on a bike .. Oz to NZ .. and then to Thailand. Perhaps he has jet skis on his bike. Unless he is referring to a motorized bike as against a pedal bike.

You are one lucky dog, Bert. Biking through SE Asia :-)

PS - Watch out for the landmines in Cambodia, Laos. The US laid more in Laos than anywhere else in the world.

Richard M. Nixon - what a beautiful choice! Sock It To Me?
Don't run to your death
bert

Post by bert »

if you have some nice ideas for a next jaunt, let me know. I look forward to do something sponsored; and I'll need to come with an original, yet fun way to travel by.

we take our own bike with us on the plane. oftentimes no extra charge, and if so - a small one.
bert

Post by bert »

Tomas wrote:

It'd be interesting to see anyone ride a bike on water from Alaska to Indonesia .. then to Australia on a bike .. Oz to NZ .. and then to Thailand. Perhaps he has jet skis on his bike. Unless he is referring to a motorized bike as against a pedal bike.

You are one lucky dog, Bert. Biking through SE Asia :-)

PS - Watch out for the landmines in Cambodia, Laos. The US laid more in Laos than anywhere else in the world.

Richard M. Nixon - what a beautiful choice! Sock It To Me?
I remember, when I was 8-10 years old, and curious and nosy adults wanted to know about my ambitions of what I wanted to become later in life, my anwser switched between 'becoming like Livingston to discover the world' and Clown. I sometimes felt a small discomfort when uttering the latter.

Laos seems the place to be. they've made me read more about warnings than anything else - attractive country :-)

I hate floating stuff on seas and oceans - makes me sick.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Let's not turn this into chit chat, guys.