Let It All Ride...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
1otherS

Let It All Ride...

Post by 1otherS »

Who agrees with this non-dualistic concept?
Dan Rowden

Re: Let It All Ride...

Post by Dan Rowden »

You may want to give a brief account of what you think it means first. 10 people could interpret a phrase like that 10 different ways.
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

I'm talking about Taoist non-interference that goes along with a true understanding of non-duality(not making a distintion between high-low, masculine-feminine).
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Making distinctions is part of the natural flow of the Tao. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what the Tao is. Duality is a natural part of the mind. A problem only arises when we (mis)take such dualities for what is ultimately true of reality.
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

Dan Rowden wrote:Making distinctions is part of the natural flow of the Tao. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what the Tao is. Duality is a natural part of the mind. A problem only arises when we (mis)take such dualities for what is ultimately true of reality.
I'm proving the Weininger-esque distinctions you make are not correct.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Really? In what universe? The one where logic doesn't mean anything?
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

The logic was there, you just happened to ignore it.

I've given my reasons for rejecting a primitive-minded philososphy that turns you into a unemployed alcoholic at best. They were substantive, you always want to look past them and deem them irrelevant.

I'll leave with two more quotes:

"Become the change you want to see in the world."

"How are you going to change the system as an outsider?"

Goodbye.
baulz owt

Post by baulz owt »

yeah i'm still not understanding the whole permanent ego transcendence. if you just sit around in the infinite all day you physically stagnant which leaks over into mental stagnation
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

And who ever said that ego transcendence results in that? It's frankly a cartoonish idea.
Nick

Post by Nick »

1otherS wrote:I'm proving the Weininger-esque distinctions you make are not correct.
You're silly.
baulz owt

Post by baulz owt »

i got caught shoplifting rhoto eye drops at the local rite aid (crack neighborhood pontiac, outside of my school) a couple of hours ago. I have to pay $70 for those eye drops, which I didn't even get to keep. but i just blazed that wonderful ganja. let the ego flowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

but i just blazed that wonderful ganja.
From my personal experience, long term dope use severly reduces the ability for the brain to experience the joys of simple pleasures (which incidently can tend to lead one to nihilistic views) and becomes more like a valium alternative, creates holes in the brain, reduces fitness and significantly increases the chance of becoming skitso. Like anything consumed, moderation is the key. But you know all this.
baulz owt

Post by baulz owt »

i've discovered this recently, yes. ive done it so heavy the past 2 weeks where I can't just quit so I'm weening myself off. I will have to smoke again this summer during my social hiatus in the woods, where i will write ethereal music and take other types of psychedelix. have you ever had really good ideas when you got high?