common ground: wickedness, jestering aftermaths

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
bert

common ground: wickedness, jestering aftermaths

Post by bert »

patho-psychology has birthed another Frankenstein - by idiocracies become hypocrisies with their own environmental facades - to ornament the suppression and what they suppress, to excuse, shift blame from the old arch-vices... Insatiable Greed and Furtive Ferocity. believe it or not, there is such a thing as wickedness.
Steven Coyle

Re: common ground: wickedness, jestering aftermaths

Post by Steven Coyle »

semantic difficulties.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

bert wrote:believe it or not, there is such a thing as wickedness.
Comprehensible language, too. You should look into it.
bert

Post by bert »

Dan Rowden wrote:
bert wrote:believe it or not, there is such a thing as wickedness.
Comprehensible language, too. You should look into it.
I agree with you in that sentence-building isn't my forte. yet...your suggestion would take away my 'exactness'. although easy to understand, the creed is not easy to verbalize. hence my use of "suggestion,guess and inbetweenness concepts - always oblique, never direct". for, openly to express a belief short-circuits it. a symbol is equal to that which it symbolizes only when it is impossible for the mind to conceive of it otherwise, indeed, only when it has become organic.
bert

Post by bert »

Steven Coyle wrote:semantic difficulties.
nothing in Nature has been so assailed with contemptuous language, inflicted severe punishment, wordily mutilated and destroyed , as man. actually, I have my tongue in my cheek for I know that whatever has been belittled of him - I am worse. man is man's only menace - and his only salvation. man has little or no feeling for self-criticism by others, and when 'fate' lands a heavy kick, his reactions are...!

for, unattented, the Ids bumble their meanings as desires and function through forms, and shape by 'as tho', transforming our realities through our imperfect perceptions of them. hence, Desire, Will, Belief, as functional, are more contrary than harmonious, the Ids always triumph, hiding our true function; they never die, only diversify. if you cannot stomach them in one way, you will in another. Truth is the ethos of our vast emotional complex reared on the structures of the Ids.

the treatise of Karma is the only rational explanation of fate - by abstract or other thought. only the all generous, understanding and tolerant Stoic sayeth: All suffering is self-inflicted.