Space & Consciousness

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
marcothay

Re: Space & Consciousness

Post by marcothay »

David Quinn wrote:
Given that it is impossible for us to measure conditions precisely in any situation, I would have thought that Laplace's determinism has long been discredited by the mainstream community.

But Laplace's determinism is just one version of determinism. Determinism essentially asserts that "all things have causes" - nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't assert that these causes have to be observed or capable of being measured in order for them to exist. It merely asserts that things cannot arise without cause at all.

Given this, wouldn't it be more correct to say that the "non-determinism" of the Copenhagen interpretation is really a form of determinism?

I don't know what you mean when you say that non-determinism means no free will. Determinism also means no free will. Whilst I agree that the concept of non-determinism is incompatible with the concept of free will, the concept of deteminism (all things have causes) is also incompatible.

I also don't know what you mean by an "external force". Are you referring to forces that are external to the causal forces operating within the body?
-
Sorry David, I made a mistake.
I meant: determinism not allows free will, non-determinism can still allow free will.
Yes, if you define determinism as "It merely asserts that things cannot arise without cause at all." you are right, but only if you define it in that way. If you wish to definite it that way (all things have causes), I agree that the term 'non-determinism' doesn't make anymore sense.

The problem arise when we examine more closely Cause-Effect circle.
How do you know that a cause arise because of the effect it wanted to create.
How do you know that is actually the future("things that don't even exist yet in this universe that is determining what past and present causes should be?
You see? We are still blocked in one of this kind of circles.
Circles are apparent and truer truths are above them.
Also, with "external forces" I mean really external! Causal forces within the body are still
external ones. But this will come clearer later on my later comments.

I just don't want to run to fast right now.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

marcothay wrote:Sorry David, I made a mistake.
I meant: determinism not allows free will, non-determinism can still allow free will.
Yes, if you define determinism as "It merely asserts that things cannot arise without cause at all." you are right, but only if you define it in that way. If you wish to definite it that way (all things have causes), I agree that the term 'non-determinism' doesn't make anymore sense.

Good.

Interestingly, this definition of determinism is the traditional one. But over the past century or two, the scientific community has taken hold of the term "determinism" and given it a different meaning, tying it in with our ability to make predictions. This had led to all sorts of confusion, to the point where many people nowadays believe that quantum theory actually asserts that quantum events arise without cause.

I am often accused of redefining terms to suit my own ends. Yet the scientific community has no qualms about doing this whenever it suits them and no one seems to bat an eyelid.

The problem arise when we examine more closely Cause-Effect circle.
How do you know that a cause arise because of the effect it wanted to create.
How do you know that is actually the future("things that don't even exist yet in this universe that is determining what past and present causes should be?
You see? We are still blocked in one of this kind of circles.

I don't think so. Again, determinism only asserts that things have causes. It doesn't specify the manner in which things are caused, or that it has to conform to our own ideas of how determinism should operate.

For example, if it is conceived that future events determine past events, that is still determinism in action.

Determinism can be conceived in many different ways. For example, as instantaneous (e.g. the parts of a thing being aligned together to create the thing in question); as a logical reality (e.g. a thing depends on what is external to it to generate contrast and therefore its existence); as a reality that unfolds through time (e.g. the conditions of one moment producing the conditions of the next); or exotically (e.g. future events determining past ones). It is all determinism in action.

Circles are apparent and truer truths are above them.
The Truth does indeed go beyond determinism, but not in the direction of non-determinism. The Truth is approached when it is realized that the boundaries we imagine to be existing between things don't really exist. That is where determinism breaks down in a higher sense.

Also, with "external forces" I mean really external! Causal forces within the body are still external ones. But this will come clearer later on my later comments.

I just don't want to run to fast right now.
Okay. But until then, I won't know what you mean.

-
bert

Post by bert »

truth as the sentient, and Reality in all its forms, shapes a 'set-up for an upstep' and presents to view a spatial quinary: two profiles, many three quarters, full face and backside. all theotheses give some sort of view, none the entire view, but a synthesis of all philosophy would give the most acceptable. hence I accept not the circumventory view of things but our obliqueness as essential for any point of view; our metamorphosis is by such reorientation from the stock-pile of acceptances...
marcothay

Post by marcothay »

Let's further define this True Static.
As soon as we separate the two entities (true static versus M.E.S.T. universe) a host of problems heretofore quite complex resolve
into simplicity.
But first we have to look again at the statement " we have to understand that the point of source to create a dimension has not to be localized which means that it/he in origin doesn't possess "position", form, mass, or wavelength whatsoever."

The key words in it are " doesn't possess"; because it tell you right away that "can't have" do not necessarily means "can't BE"!
In true, a True Static is capable to ponder, to postulate*, to consider and most of all... Being aware to be aware!(the exact definition of self-consciousness)

(*"to postulate" definition: creative thought, put "things" in future so as to determine the present.)

It can ponder or postulate or even create a totally different universe than this one made of Matter, Energy, Space and Time.

True Static, again is thought, source of "logic", life force, elan vital, the spirit, the soul, the CONSCIOUSNESS, or any other of numerous definitions it has had for some thousands of years.
Thought is instantaneous so far as can be discovered; the flow of energy along nerves in an organism does not even travel at light speed.

True Static can control movement, energy, and matter, actually M.E.S.T. is under raid, in fact MEST could be considered to be under onslaught by True Static. It cannot be otherwise since True Static created this physical Universe.
And LIFE forms in this universe are the manifestation of that raid.
But... True Static can be trapped by his own considerations ( considerations are far more superior than mechanics) in to believing that he is a living organism or a human body. And here is where "survival" become relevant (finite "things"versus concepts of infinite as "Eternity")

Of course all that could be CONSIDERED just hypothesis or statements made without evidence or prove.
People that are higher in their state of BEingness already feel what I 'm saying.
However the majority needs ( TO HAVE) a prove or some kind of evidence (OBSERVATION).

That is what I will try to do later,...
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

marcothay wrote:in fact MEST could be considered to be under onslaught by True Static
Uhmm nice try Tom Cruise, quoting ad verbatim L. Ron Hubbard's work all over your posts and pretending you're actually thinking about reality!
"MEST could be considered to be under onslaught by theta. Theta could be considered to have as one of its missions, and its only mission where MEST is concerned, the conquest of the physical universe."
- L. Ron Hubbard, The Science of Survival
marcothay

Post by marcothay »

Yes, actually Ron was my best teacher and one of my best friends.
Here is what he was trying to convey:

The appearance of EXISTENCE if is being looked from the level where Man is found, is however the opposite of the above higher trues. That because Man is operating on a secondary opinion that says that physical mechanics are real and his personal considerations are less important.
That is an inversion and thus he is operating in a way to not alter his basic considerations. He is continuing to invalidate himself and of course he ends up to ponder, ponder ponder and hypothesize the existence of a different or others' determination of matter-energy-space-time-life form ( like a God or a Tao or something else).
By the way, that is also a lack of responsibility!
Although He is participating in the continuous creation of those finite things, he is giving credit and power to them.
Thus, he fall in a fallacy of considerations that he is just a small or even null and void part of the "reality" observed.

Now, let see if we can find a better definition of "REALITY."
To do that, I need to express some concepts using new coined words so as to not confuse a term.
First let make it clear that CONCEPTS are true static and WORDS (like mathematics) are physical symbols used
to express or communicate ideas.

Considerations that produces conditions of existence are four:
1) As-isness is the condition of creation without persistence, it is a condition of existence at the moment of its creation
and at the same time at the moment of his destruction. Is different to others considerations given that not retain TIME.

2) Alter-isness is the condition that introduce change and so time and persistence in an As-isness
this give you a useful definition of time: TIME is basically a consideration or desire that a creation will persist;
the appearance of TIME consist in changing position between the point of view or source and the anchor point (movement).

3) Is-ness is an appearance of existence caused by the continuous alteration of an As-isness.
When many and different viewpoints AGREE on it, we call it:" OBJECTIVE REALITY"

4) Not-isness is the effort to control 'Is-ness' by the use of force and/or mental efforts ( emotions) resulting in:
physical pain, emotional pain, uncounsciousness, coma, and other considered undesirable states by true static.

To be continued...if you still are interested.( you know? Prejudgment in many cases overcome reason!
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Marcothay, I was interested, but you lost me.
Diebert van Rhijn

marcothay wrote:Yes, actually Ron was my best teacher and one of my best friends.
Hey, I've no particular problem with Scientology and it seems to capture and guide many lost souls. How did it help you in your life? Scientology contains some powerful concepts all mashed together, like many older religions and philosophical systems but the question remains: how truthful is it really?

And you should realize that it can appear disrespectful, deceiving and dishonest to leave out the fact that you're part of an organized movement, copy and pasting material without attribution and that you hide familiar labels out of fear of rejection. Are you ruled by shame or cold calculation here?

Are you really an Italian physicist? Why mentioning it at all if you just want to discuss Hubbard's ideas from the textbooks? This forum doesn't need such manipulative approaches, you can just state things more 'naked' on an individual basis. Some will be harsh, some will start a dialog.

As it happens, I've only interest to discuss with individuals who do not rely on authority, tradition, material of teachers to reason. And so far you show a great dependence on all these things. In other words: there's no interest on my part as there doesn't seem to be interest in truth on your part.
bert

Post by bert »

Now, let see if we can find a better definition of "REALITY."
To do that, I need to express some concepts using new coined words so as to not confuse a term.
First let make it clear that CONCEPTS are true static and WORDS (like mathematics) are physical symbols used
to express or communicate ideas.

Considerations that produces conditions of existence are four:
1) As-isness is the condition of creation without persistence, it is a condition of existence at the moment of its creation
and at the same time at the moment of his destruction. Is different to others considerations given that not retain TIME.

2) Alter-isness is the condition that introduce change and so time and persistence in an As-isness
this give you a useful definition of time: TIME is basically a consideration or desire that a creation will persist;
the appearance of TIME consist in changing position between the point of view or source and the anchor point (movement).

3) Is-ness is an appearance of existence caused by the continuous alteration of an As-isness.
When many and different viewpoints AGREE on it, we call it:" OBJECTIVE REALITY"

4) Not-isness is the effort to control 'Is-ness' by the use of force and/or mental efforts ( emotions) resulting in:
physical pain, emotional pain, uncounsciousness, coma, and other considered undesirable states by true static.
one damned thing after another. life and death is an entering and leaving of different dream worlds, and reality is where we find or make it. our fictualism and factualism are equally false or true. we believe what we desire to believe, usually a disguised motivation of egotism...or to dream compensation, our poor hypothetical remedy for all ills for the reducible Id plus I.
marcothay

Post by marcothay »

Shahrazad wrote:Marcothay, I was interested, but you lost me.
I have already said that in many cases prejudgment overcome reason!
Pondering on the context of this thread is much more valuable than any other baseless
opinions on the "source " of it.

To Diebert van...
What I' m interested in, is just Truth.
I have found it only partially in physics.
Yes I' m a physicist and I don't work for any scientology organization.

I've read hundred of books, but Ron Hubbard' ones are the most useful that i came across.
Even if I don't agree with everything he said, I remember many of his quotes word by words.
To me, he was not only a scientist and philosopher, but a poet as well!

I think we should stick to the content of this thread, and ponder on it.
After all, in my experience I can tell you that Truth, has to be deserved!
Discrimination and prejudgment are not good for it.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Marcothay,
I have already said that in many cases prejudgment overcome reason!
Pondering on the context of this thread is much more valuable than any other baseless
opinions on the "source " of it.
I have no prejudice or baseless opinions. You lost me because I can't understand your language.
bert

Post by bert »

marcothay, are you familiar with the "philosophy of 'As If' ",written by Hans Vaihinger?
Diebert van Rhijn

marcothay wrote:What I' m interested in, is just Truth. I have found it only partially in physics. Yes I' m a physicist and I don't work for any scientology organization.
There's a link between truth and character. And certainly a link between truth and context!

So do you see yourself as part of an organization or not? It's not about working for them but in how far you feel connected. DO you regard it as 'family', do you share your ideas with people, meet with them and discuss? If you have questions do you approach other people involved with Scientology who have more experience? In how far do you disagree with Hubbard? Calling him your 'best friend' is something many Scientologists do, and I'm sure they didn't come up with it all by themselves simultaneously.

Why is this relevant? It's to determine if I'm dealing with an individual or someone representing an ideology. This will influence the way I discuss a topic. Do I have to ask what you think or can I just take basic tenets of Scientology and skip all the introductions?
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

First let make it clear that CONCEPTS are true static and WORDS (like mathematics) are physical symbols used to express or communicate ideas.
Really? Where's that written?

In what way are words/symbols (significances) physical (MEST) and concepts not? Isn't "true static" the same as "theta/the thetan"? Since there can be the concept of a thetan then these two things cannot be the same thing, right?
Between Suicides
marcothay

Post by marcothay »

Diebert wrote:So do you see yourself as part of an organization or not? It's not about working for them but in how far you feel connected. DO you regard it as 'family', do you share your ideas with people, meet with them and discuss? If you have questions do you approach other people involved with Scientology who have more experience? In how far do you disagree with Hubbard? Calling him your 'best friend' is something many Scientologists do, and I'm sure they didn't come up with it all by themselves simultaneously.

Why is this relevant? It's to determine if I'm dealing with an individual or someone representing an ideology. This will influence the way I discuss a topic. Do I have to ask what you think or can I just take basic tenets of Scientology and skip all the introductions?

Before to call myself a physicist or a scientologist or philosopher or some other adjective labels, I consider myself an individual who thinks with his own head.

If I have to put a "label" to myself, I think that the right one is "Truth seeker", because that
is what I felt since I was a 12 years old boy, long before I began study physics and later philosophy and scientology.

I'm living in Thailand where it is almost impossible to meet any scientologist.
If you are taking up the motto of scientology: "Think with your own head, that which is true for you is what you have observed to be true." , in that case consider me a scientologist.

If you need to ponder about sources of information before considering
to ponder about the information in itself, well...Let me tell you that you are on a false path.

Can I see your point of view about Space?

To Leyla,
you wrote; " In what way are words/symbols (significances) physical (MEST) and concepts not? Isn't "true static" the same as "theta/the thetan"? Since there can be the concept of a thetan then these two things cannot be the same thing, right?

Yes you are right, concepts have to be first conceived.
Tell me, what happens if a cause decide to cause 'no effect at all'
Could be considered a cause?
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

marcothay wrote:Tell me, what happens if a cause decide to cause 'no effect at all'
It is impossible for a thing to not have effects. Indeed, anything which comes into existence has countless effects. Even the most inert thing has effects - for example, it is not currently destroying other things. Its present form is contributing to the existence of other things.

-
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

marcothay wrote:Yes you are right, concepts have to be first conceived.
Right. Like ideas, they are a product of the 7th dynamic*.
Given that there is assumed to be a deciding, causal thing, it would logically follow that the thing is literally causing no effect at all. The problem I have with this, however, is (as David indicates) that – by definition – a cause necessarily creates (8th dynamic) effects. The apparency of “no effect at all” occurs from the viewpoint of a particular dynamic (now, be aware that this is my own thinking here, and not necessarily to be found in Scn texts). But I think you’ll find, if you think about it, that there will be an effect on some other dynamic and thus, of course, upon all the others. Even if the effect is perceived as just the thought/decision to cause no effect at all, such a thought/decision affects, in turn, all the other dynamics. No?

~

*The Eight Dynamics (simplified).

1. Self
2. Sex/family
3. Groups
4. Mankind
5. Plants and animal kingdom
6. MEST (matter) universe
7. Spirits/spirituality
8. God/Supreme Being
Between Suicides
marcothay

Post by marcothay »

To Leyla and David

Yes!!

At the beginning ( and every beginning ever) in any universe must to be a "SOURCE or CAUSE".

It doesn't matter if the resulting effect would be a "non effect", it is still an "effect" of a decision been made. Right?
If you can conceive a universe without causes and effects in it,...Well you are conceiving Yourself!

But to decide means also being responsible too (9th dynamic)
Deciding to be or not to be a cause of "something" or "nothing" is still junior to the ability
to just decide to be or not to be ( without be a...)

Anyway I think we are running too fast, and many people here will not understand it.
Could we stick to the context of this thread (Space) first?
Jehu

Post by Jehu »

marcothay wrote:Tell me, what happens if a cause decide to cause 'no effect at all'
It is not possible for there to be a cause without that it has an associated effect, for what then would it be the cause of, and how would it differ from that which was not a cause?

What I think you are trying to say is that there is that which is in-and-of-itself both cause and effect; in other words, that which partakes of an absolute and necessary existence. Would this be correct? Are you saying that Space is self-caused?
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

This is what allows for things to form. It requires duality, wherein part of two opposite causes forms a central balance due to equalisation - in the meeting plane between the two forces, each force uses up much of power of the other, leaving minimal external force immediately surrounding the balanced portion. This results in a form of centralised staticness relative to that which surrounds the equalised spatial area. From this results "particalarisation" (just a word I made up) wherein the resulting staticness becomes a different form of cause - it is neither an expansionary force, nor a contracting force, but a third form of cause resulting from dualistic relativity. Unlike the two primary causes it is a cause created by being an effect (an outcome), the effect being non-external causality.

Staticness forms the tri-fold pillar of fundamental reality - Expansion + Contraction and the combination of these two fundamental causes.

Space itself is the perfect form of the combination of the two forces. It is existence where the two forces are perfectly (thus permanently) in balance, it is where there is perfect equalisation. This prefect equalisation creates the effect of “of no external effect at all” and in being so, it thus is a causal entity of the nature of a boundary.

It is this very staticness/boundedness that provides for the temporary nature of things. The surrounding spectrum of causal force ratios are prevented from fully impacting upon the balanced portion. There is still some impact, everything in interconnected and balances in any defined spatial area are only ever temporary. Space is different however, as a whole it is permanent due to the logical necessity of the fact that there always must be a midpoint between two opposites. Unlike other things, Space has no event horizon.

Interestingly however the midpoint in any defined spatial area is not stable – like things, space (when defined as a particular area) can and does shift as caused to by fluctuations in the ratios of expansionary and contracting force groupings, in the immediate vicinity and across the totality.

Expansion and contraction themselves are causes that result only as an outcome of being relative to each other. Expansion is simply the most recent time, while contraction is older time. As mentioned in an earlier post more recent time is always greater than older time by the fact that Now time is always a layer of existence painted ON what is already existing – thus it by default covers more area.

Non-dualism is not an invalid concept when speaking of The Totality – old time has the same existence as new time, except there is less of it. When I used the phrase “a midpoint between two opposites” above I do not mean truly opposite, but relatively opposite. There can be no true midpoint in something infinite, but there can be an infinity of relative midpoints. Time planes are where time of a certain age has exploded into fragments (due to the internal pressure situation discussed in my earlier post) and now exist as separated entities within more recent time. It is kind of the equivalent of a water balloon exploding and the water then forming a more two dimensional-like plane as it settles on a surface. Each explosion causes a new time plane – and these are relative to each other and can form a myriad of pseudo poles/opposites and midpoints. The atoms in our bodies we formed of different ages but they interconnect with each other and each plane of connection has a mid-point where existence is 50% atom A and 50% Atom B (don't forget that the radiation surrounding the atom is part of the whole of each atom), they are neither primarily one or the other in that instant. Space is the same.

Three dimensional travel in space is movement in any direction, seemingly upon “nothingness”, but this viewpoint is totally illogical – nothingness cannot hold up anything for to hold up something means that what is doing the holding up contains causal power and nothingness cannot have causal power.

The reason Space/space allows three dimensional travel in a manner that results in time dilation, is because movement is a change in the moving thing’s time position relative to everything else. Relativity is Time relativity.

Our awareness is close to being existent in Now time (it misses out because recognition takes time – anything we are aware of happened some micro-seconds ago) but our bodies and everything we observe are an infinity of time of different ages. Travelling through space means travelling into, across and through Time planes (perfect 50/50 balances) and thereby affecting the surrounding ratios of new and old time which alters the relative location of the absolute centre of Space. This is movement. Apply this explanation to Zeno’s “paradoxes”.

Nothing I write on this topic is entirely logically consistent, there are always gaps – but if you were able to grok the gist of what I’m pointing to above you’d have a great head start on a legitimate TOE, compared to the crap most physicists throw up (as they fail to see the absolute interconnectedness of all things, and think their definitions are reality).
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

marcothay wrote:To Leyla and David

Yes!!

No.

At the beginning ( and every beginning ever) in any universe must to be a "SOURCE or CAUSE".

And every source or cause has its own source or cause.

Or to put it another way, there is no SOURCE or CAUSE.

-
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

marcothay wrote:But to decide means also being responsible too (9th dynamic)
There’s a 9th dynamic, now? Can you explain why decision/responsibility would be a dynamic in itself?

In my view, responsibility is an object of the 7th with actualisation potential through the 1st as self- and/or pan-determinism.
Between Suicides
marcothay

Post by marcothay »

Oh...shit (pardon my language),
I think we are derailing from the main subject of this thread.
Anyway let me answer to your latest comments.

To Jehu
You are the one that seems to getting closer to what I'm saying.

To Leyla
I will pm you as soon as I can about the 9 dynamic,
but you brought up the concept of "pan-determinism" without defining it.
I will do it for you: Pan-determinism is an ability to see and experience two or more self-determinations. As an example, lets take two chess players who are self-determinate
to win the game, ok?
Well, a pan-determinate individual can play the same game with himself and get the same exciting that two determinations (players) have.

The trick is in the ability of a pan-determinate individual to choose and interchange between cause and effect, or know and not know, between right move and wrong move...
A pan determinate "consciousness", in few words, is able to create and be,in the same time, a dichotomy (two opposites)!

That is taking me on how to answer to James and David comments as well.

Basically their reasoning is based, in simple words, on the assumption of: +1 confronting -1=0 for example, "cause and effect are complementary and thus they not exist".
And that is exactly where physics has failed!

There are not Absolutes in this universe, can you see it?
Absolute Truth can "exist" only if it is being compared with an absolute False.
In fact the logic of thinking I'm using is different from the ones used by the majority of people.

The "evolution of logic" can be represented as:
1) SINGLE-VALUED LOGIC: Will of God or Tao. Neither right or true nor wrong or false, ( ZERO)

2) TWO-VALUED LOGIC: absolute Right (true) or absolute Wrong (false). An Aristotelian logic.

3) THREE-VALUED LOGIC: Right or true -Maybe- Wrong or false ( engineering logic) James' s one.

Or the one I'm a fan of,
4) INFINITY-VALUED LOGIC: Absolute right (true) or absolute wrong (false) unobtainable.

The #4 i call it: Gradient Scale of the Relative.
I mean, terms like good and bad, true and false, right and wrong, know and mystery, alive and death (consciousness) are used only in conjunction with gradient scales. For example right and wrong on a vertical scale, everything above the center would be more and more right, approaching an infinite rightness, and everything below the center would be more and more wrong approaching an infinite wrongness.
It is important to realize that the "center" on this "virtual vertical" scale is just an arbitrary factor; in fact it could be positioned anywhere on the scale without changing the concept of this logic!

The gradient scale is a way of thinking about the universe which approximates the actual conditions of the universes more closely than any other existing logical method.
bert

Post by bert »

bert wrote on 7/4/2008:
What is Truth?
propositional forms are inferences from an 'as/or' synthetic composibility, inferences of partitive semblances refrangible from both ends and equally correlative from any 'inbetween' ratio to either end.Illustration: an octave spanning all assonances by resonance, therefore any degree of itself is mergable or emergeable within its span (usually, categorically imperfect). irrespective of this, truth always and only equals its ability to be true (from any premise). truth is also ability of transpositions, as from the audile to the prismatic scale - from which primitive pattern we originate our schema.
marcothay

Post by marcothay »

bert wrote:bert wrote on 7/4/2008:
What is Truth?
propositional forms are inferences from an 'as/or' synthetic composibility, inferences of partitive semblances refrangible from both ends and equally correlative from any 'inbetween' ratio to either end.Illustration: an octave spanning all assonances by resonance, therefore any degree of itself is mergable or emergeable within its span (usually, categorically imperfect). irrespective of this, truth always and only equals its ability to be true (from any premise). truth is also ability of transpositions, as from the audile to the prismatic scale - from which primitive pattern we originate our schema.
Sorry Bert.

I don't take drugs, thus I can't understand you!