Simplified Defintion of Ego

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
bert

Re: Simplified Defintion of Ego

Post by bert »

skipair:
And if there is one thing I hate more than anything, it can be summed up as compromise. I fucking HATE compromise. So, please, heavenly father who art in heaven, give me the strength I need to conquer my fear, to throw off this shadow, to be naked before the world. Because I'm starting to get really sick of this shit.
compensating mechanism often demand an antithesis to balance or fulfil, as with character and temperament - an ideal union being the masculine woman and the effeminate man.
'he', speaks truthfully and sayeth, I know NOT and I speak truthfully - I know not my omniscience. hear now, the 'saviours' with their unbelievable assertions, tiresome but with pretensions of significance, tensed up and transported with rage declarations that is made comprehending towards others' states as if no supporting evidence were necessary: "Heaven and Eternal Life" in exchange for belief in "the atonement of the blood".. or be damned! such a 'wishful belly-full' has never worked yet, or any other absurdities of unjustable acts of readiness to believe readily.

therefore pray not direct to God, but to your own damned self - by sacrifice and service to man, it is the only correct manner of prayer; and none so poor that they can not so give. all other forms of prayer are abortive, merely a ritualistic appreciation. the only answering forces of good that I know originate from man, and the only force of evil that I know radiates from man also. if the evil thoughts of man were able to break through our protective auras... human life would end.

all prayer dissipates without an intermediary or carrier. gods, soul, and the psycho-substantive, seem to respond only through the mind by in-direction, and hetero-suggestion: this is the secret way through many barriers. the mind is potent, still the deadliest weapon. or the reverse.

I ask: what greater gift could any God give us? only ourselves, as free individuals.. not so much to hate and love as to excel ourselves.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:Maestro,
Ego: Belief in a central controller of the body/mind.
But I’m not sure if belief is the right word, as I’m not sure people believe in an “I” directly, they more buy into all the thought structures that give the impression of the “I” They are like dreamers who do not know they are dreaming, but believe the dream is real, dream being involuntary thought patterns rooted in a strong outside identification with certain forms, whether it be people, places, ideas or other things.

-tomas nuzzles in-
That's very good, Ryan :-)

Carl,
Bare with you, funny! I get it, bare our souls! Good one!
How about 'I" bareback your wife Carl, and then ejaculate inside her in one unconscious power thrust, while fantasizing about allowing you to raise the kid as your own? There’s a good one! Oops, how crass and cheeky of me, how unenlightened…
Don't run to your death
Ignius

Post by Ignius »

Let-go-of-my-ego!
dysfunctionalgenius

Post by dysfunctionalgenius »

Ego is self consciousness!