Spiritual Warfare

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
mystex

Spiritual Warfare

Post by mystex »

Is the good-guy the one that wants to understand?
Dan Rowden

Re: Spiritual Warfare

Post by Dan Rowden »

Your question is stupid.
mystex

Post by mystex »

I see. Everyone would like to understand. Not everyone can understand, because they want to feel comfortable. The journey towards understanding the truth isn't comfortable, because we've been finding behind delusion. Truth requires us to become exposed. So, ...Is there a limit to how far we can take this? In other words, does the bad guy not take emotions under consideration?

I think that's better. Thanks!
Last edited by mystex on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystex

Post by mystex »

I don't want to hide from myself.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

The battle between good and evil is a sickness of the human mind.
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

Anyone who doesn't want to distinguish virtue from cowardice shouldn't be on a discussion platform called Genius Forum.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Where is the discussion of consequentialism, retributivism and the philosophy of justice?

"Punishment as punishment is not admissable unless the offender had the free-will to select his course." - Clarence Darrow

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/12027/12 ... -h.htm#PRF
mystex

Post by mystex »

What does "spiritual warfare" mean? Is it like a battle between delusion/truth... Or what?

BS!
arek4321

Post by arek4321 »

DHodges wrote:The battle between good and evil is a sickness of the human mind.
how do you figure? are you saying that whenever one is having an internal battle with both sides of the brain is sick in the head? Following this logic, whenever one is facing a challenge within themselves is insane according to you. Im sorry, but i vigorously disagree, i think that if one never experiences the internal battle within themselves or "ego-death" as been labeled by the professionals, they are actually the sick ones. It is a powerful experience that can be life changing (whether for bad or good) which in my case was good. I had a huge reality check and began to change my way of life, because i had realized the ills i was doing to myself, my family, my peers and society as a whole. I think if one never experiences this, they will be doomed to live a shallow life of nothing more than money, work and material objects. What kind of life is that?
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

arek4321 wrote:
DHodges wrote:The battle between good and evil is a sickness of the human mind.
how do you figure?
I think David's saying that the idea of there being an objective, inherently existing "good" and "evil" is a psychological sickness that leads to all sorts of suffering. I agree, it's the source of the majority of human suffering down through the ages, from the Inquisition, to Hitler, to jihad and conversion by the sword, to the whole conflict in the Middle East between Arab and Arab, Arab and Jew, and Jew and Jew.