Priorities

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
morningstar

Re: Priorities

Post by morningstar »

i think there is only one solutution to the problems of this world which would be everyone works on self improvmemnt indiviually, which will never happen secondly there is always genocide to allow the world to replnish its self of the disease most of this race has caused, this is a pointless question as of now nothing will ever be fixed its only going to get worse not better and it is all because of the simple fact that we have brains and the power of choice.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Remo,
But i stand by reduction of scarcity as being priority #1
in my opinion, your position on reducing scarcity is true in some cases, but it doesnt stand in all cases because reality is more complicated than that.

For instance: will increasing the number of fast food restaurants improve the overall well being of the collective? But that is simply following your manta of reducing scarcity.

What about how much food is available for chldren on halloween night? is this reduction of scarcity is helping the collective...surely not...

what about reducing the scarcity of nuclear weapons in the world by arming everyone?

And reducing the scarcity of teachers doesn't help if they are all bad teachers who are horrible teachers because they are not logical thinkers capable of inspiring young people. America has enough public and private schools, universities and colleges, but humans still remain fairly unintelligent, emotional, and driven by animal impulses.
Remo

Post by Remo »

Of course you can use reverse examples of scarcity to imply what i said is wrong, eg. we could say, we could reduce the world food shortage by killing off 90% of the population, but that's just twisting it around. in the context of your thread question, i described a reduction of scarcity that benefits all of humanity, i believe that's what i implied... and as such i still stand by it :P
We never learn...