Empty Space

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
BMcGilly07

Empty Space

Post by BMcGilly07 »

I often hear many people here of an empirical bent claiming gaps in space as a reason. But doesn't the fabric of spacetime and the universality of gravity refute such a claim.
BMcGilly07

Re: Empty Space

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Please read above as "reason for acausality."
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I guess the question might be does the apparent universality of gravity, and indeed the ubiquity of the electromagnetic spectrum, hold in the quantum realm as well?
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

I think what is more true at the quantum level is the universality of duality meaning most types of particles have an anti-particle that compliments them, as quarks have anti-quarks, and so on.

In my opinion, the quantum world obeys the laws of causality, but the laws at the macroscopic level such as gravity so on are much more difficult to detect or even measure at the quantum level.

The scientific instruments we are now using are also probably fairly limited compared to what is possible, so I believe as our technology progresses, the quantum world will become easier for the human mind to imagine. Furthermore, duality will play a major role in how the quantum world is imagined, just as it plays a major role at the macroscopic level.

However, what science will eventually discover is that the quantum world has no end, meaning a particle can be dissected into smaller particles for infinity, as each appearance only leads to an infinite number of appearances. This will come as a mighty blow to all those quantum physicists looking for a source material to which all appearances manifest.