The Problem With Women Today

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Bob Michael

Re: The Problem With Women Today

Post by Bob Michael »

"As future man and woman make the psychic or vital world a conscious part of their existence by being made to learn to fully love, their energies will merge and harmonise without loss of individual consciousness. Man on earth will then be united with the one divine woman all men seek, and woman with her divine man. Together they will create a new psycho-physical race of people on earth. From birth their living experience will be of the psychic reality as well as the physical world giving them an intensified sense of purpose and responsibility for life in both worlds. This future wave of men and women will be a new, mature version of the gods." (Barry Long - 'The Origins of Man and the Universe')

(Note: See last post on pg. 31, this thread.)
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Today and everyday, apparently, since this thread is almost 40 pages long.
Bob M. wrote: Though there are many women, as is the case too with men, who have been so damaged by their conditioning or enculturation that they can be quite dangerous and are to be avoided at all costs.
Which, if they are physically unappealing or past a certain age, they will be. Such women stand a chance of some sort of personal salvation, however small or limited it turns out to be. But even a butter-face who is a screaming witch will attract men like flies to shit if she has a great body and douches more than once in a blue moon. And that's the real tragedy. Not only do the guys lose (money if nothing else), but such women never evolve beyond reproduction units. And usually they aren't even that, since they have access to birth control. They are social vampires and dangerous indeed. Now, I am not implying most women are like this. Most women are too plain or ugly to evolve along these lines, and there are many good-looking females who are brought up properly and are not damaged inside by their outsides. (If anyone knows any of these, please PM me.) But usually the better-looking ones simply have no clue, because the world has conspired to keep them, shall we say, uncontaminated by clues.

As I write this, a perfect example of such a dangerous woman comes to mind. She is not somebody famous (you could see from her attitude she thought she should be) so I will have to describe her. She worked as a receptionist for a major company where I was employed. It was not her demeanor which won her the job, so I assumed it was her appearance: she was in her late twenties, rail thin, long blond hair (color perhaps natural) and had, I learned, previously been employed as a stripper in an upscale men's club. Vanilla pretty in a Playboy magazine way, if she had been taller she might have aspired to be a model; if she had had a dream, she might have wanted to be an actress.

I think of this person because of the effect she had on her fellow employees. If male employees had no reason to go past her desk (which they didn't since she was a receptionist and sat at the periphery of the work areas) they would then invent reasons. Female employees hated her because she wore skirts and dresses that would have been too short when miniskirts were in. In fact, the other women complained about her inappropriate attire, and there was always some issue about it pending in Human Resources between the company and the union of which she was a member.

I'll call this woman Mary. (Because it is her name. One changes the name to protect the innocent.) I have no doubt that Mary got her job because of her striking looks - it could not have been for the people skills one might expect in a receptionist, because she didn't have any. She wore an expression that made you think she was always resenting your intrusion. Intrusion into what, I couldn't guess, since when you work in an office it is part of your job to help everyone else do their jobs, as long as it doesn't interfere with you doing yours properly. But Mary was not what one would call a team player. If you came to her with a problem, her skill set would include telling you why you should have gone to someone else with it. Who this someone else might be would also not be her problem.

Still, whenever you saw Mary walking down the hall, it appeared as if she had an entourage. It would always consist of males of all ages but never anyone prominent within the company. In the center would be Mary. If your eyes happened to meet, you could read hers: If you even dream about sleeping with me I'll bite your dick off in your dream. If you happened to pass her in a corridor when no one else was around, she would walk past you with head held straight and eyes swung to the wall to avoid contact.

The cause was Mary's looks and the effect was Mary. Her sense of power arose from her looks. Normally on the job, when HR tells you to change something you are doing, you change it. In effect, HR is telling you they want to keep you at your job, and they will, if you just change that thing. But not Mary. She showed too much leg? Well, we'll see about that. It was her source of power, and she wouldn't give it up, so she got her union involved.

In essence, Mary never behaved as a professional because she didn't have to. She got her way because of her looks. People treated her differently.

People, meaning society in general. Society puts too much emphasis on appearance. We become slaves to our shallower values. Yes, it is good to be thin, because you will live a healthier life. If you need to get thin, the best way is to change what made you fat, i.e., your eating habits. Some people turn to things like liposuction. Liposuction is perfect for fat America, where money can make consequences go away. One morning as I was getting ready for work, and listening to Good Morning America on the TV, I heard that the piece they were doing was on the new craze of liposuction for men. They were interviewing a woman whose boyfriend was getting the extra fat below his chin sucked out. She was saying how it was worth the thousands of dollars and discomfort (that only the boyfriend would suffer) it would cost him. There was something familiar about the voice, and as I turned to watch the TV screen, I saw it - the person that GMA was interviewing was none other than Mary from work.

Why Mary? Why do you think? Because she looks good on TV.

Mary was, as Bob puts it, damaged by conditioning and enculturation, and was to be avoided at all costs. Which is precisely what I did.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

And there are many Mary's out there relying on their good looks to get them what they want from life. As Bob points out, it's the men who are smitten with a womans beauty thinking they'll get a piece of her, the truth is men become victims to such women. Women expect things from men, and they flaunt their wares upon him, flirting and seducing him into giving her what she wants, which is usually money. She doesn't want him, all she wants is what he can give her. And of course he succumbs to her manipulative behavior, not wanting her, but only wanting a piece of her, thus giving her what she wants, and the vicious cycle of behavior continues.

The good wholesome intelligent woman relys solely on herself to get what she wants from life. If she needs to go through men to get what she wants, she'll pay for it through her own expense, she doesn't expect to be given free handouts.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

I would say that if a person is changed by the environment, then it's in their character to be changed by the environment, i.e, they don't have much of a character or much potential for developing a character in the first place.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Insightful post, cousinbasil.
One morning as I was getting ready for work, and listening to Good Morning America on the TV, I heard that the piece they were doing was on the new craze of liposuction for men. They were interviewing a woman whose boyfriend was getting the extra fat below his chin sucked out. She was saying how it was worth the thousands of dollars and discomfort (that only the boyfriend would suffer) it would cost him. There was something familiar about the voice, and as I turned to watch the TV screen, I saw it - the person that GMA was interviewing was none other than Mary from work.
This makes me see Mary as a type, or a voice present in many people (mostly females, but also males). The sirens of unconsciousness, if you will.

All these "Marys" make up the conditioning and enculturation, begetting more Marys (of either sex). They can't be held to blame, if they're not really conscious of doing wrong. They just sing their enchantments because that's what they believe is good and right.

It's like Oprah's audience of women clapping and screaming when Oprah announces they all win a prize, like a trip to Australia to be in her audience there. They believe it is good and right to be part of Oprah's group, to be wealthy and pretty, and to be excited and happy. They believe in "positive thinking" and always psyching yourself and others up.

There is no depth or analysis going on, because they are afraid of thinking. Thinking is torture and sadness to them. They can't conceive of an alternative to emotion's UP or DOWN.

mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kelly Jones wrote:Insightful post, cousinbasil.
One morning as I was getting ready for work, and listening to Good Morning America on the TV, I heard that the piece they were doing was on the new craze of liposuction for men. They were interviewing a woman whose boyfriend was getting the extra fat below his chin sucked out. She was saying how it was worth the thousands of dollars and discomfort (that only the boyfriend would suffer) it would cost him. There was something familiar about the voice, and as I turned to watch the TV screen, I saw it - the person that GMA was interviewing was none other than Mary from work.
This makes me see Mary as a type, or a voice present in many people (mostly females, but also males). The sirens of unconsciousness, if you will.

All these "Marys" make up the conditioning and enculturation, begetting more Marys (of either sex). They can't be held to blame, if they're not really conscious of doing wrong. They just sing their enchantments because that's what they believe is good and right.

It's like Oprah's audience of women clapping and screaming when Oprah announces they all win a prize, like a trip to Australia to be in her audience there. They believe it is good and right to be part of Oprah's group, to be wealthy and pretty, and to be excited and happy. They believe in "positive thinking" and always psyching yourself and others up.

There is no depth or analysis going on, because they are afraid of thinking. Thinking is torture and sadness to them. They can't conceive of an alternative to emotion's UP or DOWN.

Mensa says: I just copied and pasted that, it's Kelly she influences me to do my best, this is the first time I was able to do that, now I know how!

Mensa says: Well, you're right, they are blind to their selves, and influenced by their environment, therefore, behaviors will continue because they are learnt, but these behaviors can be discontinued by simply stopping them through self-awareness, and the intelligence it took to become aware. I could go on and on with the natural insight I have on women, it's not pretty!
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

mensa-maniac wrote:.....but these behaviors can be discontinued by simply stopping them through self-awareness, and the intelligence it took to become aware. I could go on and on with the natural insight I have on women, it's not pretty!
I'm afraid it's not all this simple. Most peoples' critical formative year conditioning is of such a corrosive and deeply damaging nature that they are not at all self-aware of their human inauthenticity, nor can they be made to do so by any means. And for certain even those with the potential (the foundation) for self-surmounting will never fully overcome their parental and societal conditioning unless they fully step out of the 'fallen' herd for at least a considerable period of time. One cannot possibly become sane or fully human if he or she is running with the rats on a daily basis. Lots of solitude is an absolute must, and I say this from my own experience and the experiences of others who also trudged the road less traveled.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Bob M. wrote:And for certain even those with the potential (the foundation) for self-surmounting will never fully overcome their parental and societal conditioning unless they fully step out of the 'fallen' herd for at least a considerable period of time.
I think this is a very important point. I'd like to add my perspective to it. Potential may be hard to recognize until at least some of it has been realized in some fashion, but I agree that self-surmounting requires individual effort. Sometimes, if one partially steps out, one is then forced by circumstances all the way out. One is then on the road less traveled, but not by choice. What then?
One cannot possibly become sane or fully human if he or she is running with the rats on a daily basis. Lots of solitude is an absolute must, and I say this from my own experience and the experiences of others who also trudged the road less traveled.
Herein lies an answer. You say you have been helped by the experience of others. In like manner, one who has committed oneself to this road less traveled should be on the lookout for a fellow traveler who may simply find himself there, not knowing how he got there, and bemoaning all the rats he sees passing him by.

It then takes wisdom to discern whether it is this fellow traveler's "time" or not to be on this road. The road less traveled is not characterized by its ease of passage, and it was not meant for everyone - else it would not be less traveled. The wise person understands that it is impossible to judge another's spiritual fate. Running with the rats is not an automatic sentence to hell.

Q: What did the snail riding on the tortoise's back say?
A: "Whe-e-e-e-e!!"
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Bob Michael wrote:
mensa-maniac wrote:.....but these behaviors can be discontinued by simply stopping them through self-awareness, and the intelligence it took to become aware. I could go on and on with the natural insight I have on women, it's not pretty!
I'm afraid it's not all this simple. Most peoples' critical formative year conditioning is of such a corrosive and deeply damaging nature that they are not at all self-aware of their human inauthenticity, nor can they be made to do so by any means. And for certain even those with the potential (the foundation) for self-surmounting will never fully overcome their parental and societal conditioning unless they fully step out of the 'fallen' herd for at least a considerable period of time. One cannot possibly become sane or fully human if he or she is running with the rats on a daily basis. Lots of solitude is an absolute must, and I say this from my own experience and the experiences of others who also trudged the road less traveled.
I'm afraid it's not all this simple. Most peoples' critical formative year conditioning is of such a corrosive and deeply damaging nature that they are not at all self-aware of their human inauthenticity, nor can they be made to do so by any means. And for certain even those with the potential (the foundation) for self-surmounting will never fully overcome their parental and societal conditioning unless they fully step out of the 'fallen' herd for at least a considerable period of time. One cannot possibly become sane or fully human if he or she is running with the rats on a daily basis. Lots of solitude is an absolute must, and I say this from my own experience and the experiences of others who also trudged the road less traveled.[/quote]

Mensa says: People do change upon desperately wanting to, but, like you say lots of solitude is what's needed for changes to occur, but even then it's impossible to wipe away one's parental conditioning altogether. I determined myself not to be like any of my parents, yet they both live within me regardless of whether I want to be like them or not. All I can do is make the effort of not mimicking their influential messed-up behavior.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

cousinbasil wrote:Potential may be hard to recognize until at least some of it has been realized in some fashion, but I agree that self-surmounting requires individual effort. Sometimes, if one partially steps out, one is then forced by circumstances all the way out. One is then on the road less traveled, but not by choice. What then?
Sometimes it seems to require more effort, courage, and risk-taking to trudge onward than one may even think he has. Which is when he must be willing to let it all hang out and go for it at all costs. Even though he probably doesn't know what he's really going after. This is to take the blind leap of faith, or to fully die to the safe, the secure, or the known, which may be necessary to do many times until he's at one with that which he sought. Or he at least until has a good grip on exactly what's taking place. Or when it becomes more or less an automatic or pretty much thoughtless and painfree process.

cousinbasil wrote: You say you have been helped by the experience of others. In like manner, one who has committed oneself to this road less traveled should be on the lookout for a fellow traveler who may simply find himself there, not knowing how he got there, and bemoaning all the rats he sees passing him by. It then takes wisdom to discern whether it is this fellow traveler's "time" or not to be on this road. The road less traveled is not characterized by its ease of passage, and it was not meant for everyone - else it would not be less traveled. The wise person understands that it is impossible to judge another's spiritual fate. Running with the rats is not an automatic sentence to hell.
Yes, many people have been of help to me over the years, most of them never knowing just how helpful they were. And many of them were hopelessly entrenched in self, and never to overcome it, which is sad. But one must not look back with pity and go forward in spite of this. In some respects it's a very selfish journey. And a rather lonesome one too at times.

Today, though it took me a long time, I can often rightly sense those others who I feel have definite potential or the innate capacity for a radical shift of consciousness and self-surmounting. I usually try to give them a kind, loving, and encouraging word or two. I too can sense those unfortunate souls for whom such an adventure is not in their cards.

cousinbasil wrote:Running with the rats is not an automatic sentence to hell.
I feel that to go through life without ever having fully recaptured the gift of Love, which we all probably had a taste of as children (though in most of us it was forever torn out of us rather than it being finely-cultivated or nurtured), is to have lived in hell. Certainly it could not be said that such a life was in large part pretty much a heavenly experience.
Last edited by Bob Michael on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Let me give you an example of The Problem With Women Today using myself as a prime subject.

I grew up from my environment swearing I'd never be like my parents, and knew from childhood I didn't want to be a part of my family.

My mother was an educated virgin when she married my ill-minded behavioral problematic brilliant alcoholic father who later on rejected his wife turning her into an alcoholic whore, who never touched alcohol before marrying him. Her family ostracized her for marrying beneath her upper class.

The effect this has had on me is that I think all women are whores, although my intelligence tells me not all women are whores. This scenio has taught me never to be a whore, so I learned from my mama's earlier teachings to be virtuous like her, so it was devastating for me to see this beautiful virtuous woman fall down because of the man she married.

My father was a child didler, not his fault because it was a learnt thing from his childhood and environment, but from his nasty behavior I have learnt not to be a child didler, not to be an alcoholic, but, I haven't learnt not to hurt people mentally, because I've been hurt but not injured. So essentially parental conditioning is something which can be overcome but with great determination to do so, I am a premium example.

From this upbringing the effect this has had on me has been everytime I see a man with his daughter I wonder if he's diddling her, so my thoughts have been effected by family influence.

I provided these stories to show that parental conditioning is like a dangerous infliction upon someone, that is difficult to overcome but possible. I only ask you to use your intelligence here by not judging me for being an innocent child, by using your intelligence to know that I risked and volunteered this very private information to make a point.

I also want you to know that in spite of what happened to me, I was never hurt physically, never saw his penis, just mentally hurt which is probably the reason for my own solitude.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

mensa-maniac wrote:People do change upon desperately wanting to, but, like you say lots of solitude is what's needed for changes to occur, but even then it's impossible to wipe away one's parental conditioning altogether. I determined myself not to be like any of my parents, yet they both live within me regardless of whether I want to be like them or not. All I can do is make the effort of not mimicking their influential messed-up behavior.
Our parental conditioning is not necessarily always bad. I eventually found that my acquired societal conditioning was a far greater problem than my parental or familial conditioning was. In retrospect my (older) parents and the sanity and love in my childhood family environment allowed for a good, sound, conscience and a keen level of awareness to develop in me. So good I clearly saw the rottenness of the world and rebelled against it and often tried to get even with it from my earliest days. Which after enough hard-knocks and suffering I came to realize wasn't the way. Of course in the process I picked up a lot of defective attitudes and behaviors which had to eventually be examined and changed. All of which wasn't an overnight matter. Yet before I get too far ahead of myself here, none of this (change) would have taken place if I hadn't come to a point at midlife whereby I hated myself, everyone around me, and life itself so badly that I saw absolutely no reason to go on whereby thoughts of suicide were often close at hand. Whereby instead, in my case, a surrender occurred and a radical shift in consciousness took place whereby life was suddenly seen in a whole brand new, mind-shattering perspective. Though this was only the beginning and there were many more hard-knocks and dark nights to go through down the road. Along with a lot of change, both inward and outward. And also a lot of growing up to be done. Which isn't easy when one wakes up to the fact that he lives largely in a world of little boys in grown men's bodies.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Yes, I agree, societal conditioning is difficult perhaps for everyone. In my case I was use to getting alot of genuine praise, because not everything about my home environment was bad, I too had alot of love shown in a dysfunctional way. My father was a very lovable man as messed up as he was, and he showed each one of his nine children that they were loved.

We had divine order in our household daily until the weekends when all hell would break loose with alcohol consumption. But, during the weekdays, there was work to go to and work to be done in the household.

I received daily praise which built up my confidence as a kid which contributed to my feelings of equality with my father rather than seeing my father as a parent figure, but more as a friend than a parent. When I left home at 15, I didn't receive any praise at all from societal conditioning, this was difficult because I was use to receiving this praise. It's like if a child is spanked on a regular basis, as an adult it's like he needs to be spanked because he was conditioned to believe he was bad enough to be spanked and the child still lives within him that needs to be spanked. So you make a valid point Bob about all the little boys inside of men's bodies, and vice versa with women as well.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Consider (Johann Wolfgang von) Goethe. His very presence filled men's hearts with joy. He radiated an aura of selfhood that was convincing to the core. In brief, he took himself seriously. The performance, thereby, was rendered meaningful for all to see. When Goethe majestically and thoughtfully entered a room, the interlocutor could feel: it was real. He provided that conviction of life's meaning that man needs. In his case this started very early. His mother, observing him in his early interactions with his peers at around the age of seven, remarked to him that he looked quite proud lording it over them. He answered that this was nothing, that when he grew up he would really have reason for towering over them. It is unusual for a child of seven to be so convinced of his self-value, and we sense, of course, a pattern of mothering in back of it. Someone created this locus of self-regard, and fed him with as sense of his own importance. He was provided from the very start with the indispensable equipment for performance, the putting forth of a convincing self. He who already as a child enters his peer group with commanding seriousness infuses the nascent plot with its initial charge of of life-sustaining meaning. Little wonder that it was Goethe himself who remarked that the influences of the young on each other are the "purest." They are not so subtle or indirect as the adults' involved, symbolic cues to action. The world of children is still a world where the convincing self alone carries the brunt of meaning.

The psychoanalysts have added rich evidence to support our earliest sociological insights into these fascinating matters (see the excellant articles of Olden, 1941; Stierlin, 1959). When we add up the insights from both fields we have a fairly clear picture of what goes into the phenomenon of "natural leadership." A pattern of mothering feeds into the self-system of the child a boundless self-regard. He is taught that he can do no wrong, that he is to be an indomitable locus of causality destined to enrich the world. This gives him an "an intense self, a militant, gloating 'I' " - as Cooley again so beautifully put it (1922, p. 238). When he grows up he convinces by his conviction, and we do not doubt for a moment that life is rich with meaning.

(Ernest Becker - 'The Birth and Death of Meaning')
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

mensa-maniac wrote: So you make a valid point Bob about all the little boys inside of men's bodies, and vice versa with women as well.
"Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood (and womanhood) of everyone of its members." (Emerson)

Surely in restrospect my behavior was often very immature and hurtful to others, yet it usually fit in with my surroundings quite well. And I was at times even one of the better players in our dog-eat-dog world, until my conscience finally had enough of it.

And one more thing here, I think sometimes a grandparent or other family member can be instrumental in helping to firmly plant a good conscience in some of us. My dad was an alcoholic yet he was a good man in spite of this and some other shortcomings. However, I had a neat cousin who I spent a lot of time with and was 10 years my senior who was an excellant male role model for me and took up the slack where my dad fell short. He wasn't perfect but he had a sense of cool or a presense about himself that was quite unique and outstanding. Though it took a long time and much awakening and soul-searching for me to fully understand and appreciate him and his positive and lasting influence on me.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Yes, Bob, I agree that a grandparent or anyone else can be influential in a child's life. My mothers mom--nanny we called her, was the greatest love of my life and the only one I loved truly.

Thank You Bob for sharing your expertise knowledge with us, you are a great conversationalist.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Although, my father was a demon while intoxicated, in spite of his sinning ways, he had a good side to him in his sobriety, which is difficult to swallow considering the nature of his sins, however, and I do not condone his foolish behavior, or excuse him in any way, but I do bare in mind that he fathered me and I have forgiven him for intruding upon and using my sacred innocent body, to sate his own self-gratifying sexual purposes.

My intelligence will not allow me to hate him or my dear precious mama, for they were my parents, however, I am their daughter, but, he violated me, in which it is my right to seek methods of healing, whether it exposes him or not.

My father was highly intelligent despite his low-life behavior. Here is an example. He said to me one day when I was older that if I needed to tell anyone about what he had done to me, to go ahead and cure myself of the crime he committed against me by getting it off my chest. By my father telling me that, showed me that he suffered with the wrong he had done and was taking responsibility for his actions. But, I didn't forgive him at that point, which I should have, but, I waited until I was ready in my heart to forgive him, which wasn't until he was an older man who suffered with his own guilt. My father never hurt me physically like put his penis near me, I never saw it, so he was smart enough not to seriously take advantage of me.

When I say my father had a good side to him in sobriety, I mean to say he had an influential side to him which wasn't always good. But, he was good enough to raise his kids up in a church going household in the earlier years. Like I said we were definately dysfunctional. But, he had all of his 7 sons work hard around the household, and all the sons and him built the house we lived in while we lived in it. People in the community liked him, some did some didn't. He built a cabin cruiser boat for a friend who asked him to build it. The man was no doubt brilliant but foolish. And God says, if I cannot forgive them who sin against me, then he cannot forgive me of my sins.

My only sins are what speweth from my vile tongue, an unfavorable behavior I pray to overcome in Jesus name Amen.

By revealing to the world the wrong committed against me, frees me from the horror of those moments of being used as an innocent child by the very man I was suppose to trust, how can I trust any man? Therefore, this question indicates that my life has been effected.

Please know that I trusted all of you reading these posts, which means that I have healed and that I dared to risk this truth to make my point in this thread. It was a drastic measure to take to get my point across, but maybe by opening the eyes of some people they will see that they don't have it so bad, and to be thankful. Sharing my story may help others to see that evil grows in alcohol, and keep watch on your little girl.

If anyone wishes to question me on this topic, please feel free to do so.

Donna Thompson
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Kelly Jones wrote:It's like Oprah's audience of women clapping and screaming when Oprah announces they all win a prize, like a trip to Australia to be in her audience there. They believe it is good and right to be part of Oprah's group, to be wealthy and pretty, and to be excited and happy. They believe in "positive thinking" and always psyching yourself and others up.
Following is a copy of an e-mail I sent to Oprah Winfrey nearly three years ago.

Dear Oprah,

Over the years I've often wondered to myself just how much real good you could do for humanity if you were to get a good and Godly man in your life, along with your having a radical change of both mind and heart. Contrary to what I see now as the vast majority of your time and efforts serving merely to perpetuate the wall-to-wall foolishness, mediocrity, and darkness in our presently fallen, tired, violent, and love-void world.

Your promoting of the books and the so-called 'teachings' of Eckhart Tolle, I feel very strongly, is also helping to perpetuate rather than heal this worldwide spiritual decay and moral bankrupsy. Having examined at length both Mr. Tolle and his works, I find him to be but another one of the all-too-many latter-day intellectually 'spaced out' new-age type false prophets, who, just beneath all the fancy surface clamor, is simply but a deeply lost and thereby essentially little more than a self-serving and self-promoting charlatan. And most certainly he is not, by any means, a genuinely Godly man who is in the possession of wisdom, love, and a true and proper sense of rightful direction for mankind.

Nevertheless, I remain wishing, hoping, and watching for the Lord's very best to truly spring forth and shine from you someday, Oprah. I do think at the core you are good stuff, so to speak, though unfortunately not yet all that Godly. Nor will you ever really be so until you're under the reins of a man who's in possession of full and authentically Divine manhood.

Best wishes,

Bob Michael
Last edited by Bob Michael on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

mensa-maniac wrote:Thank You Bob for sharing your expertise knowledge with us, you are a great conversationalist.
It's freely and joyfully given, my friend. And the doing also helps me to continue to better and better understand myself and my fellows, which is the key to it all. I've come to realize that we best help others by sharing with them our own personal experiences of making the return to the authentic "I" and oneness with the Infinite, along with the many discoveries and revelations we've made along the way. Life never seems to get old or stale for the sincere and vigilant self-overcomer. If it does, we need only to kick ourselves in the ass and get on with the 'program' again.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I wonder if she'll get back to you?
Ni ange, ni bête
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Alex Jacob wrote:I wonder if she'll get back to you?
I doubt very much if it ever reached her eyes or ears, though its receipt was acknowledged. I've also written via land mail to Eckart Tolle expressing my views on him. Which was also like talking to the wall.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

In a recent Barbara Walters interview, Oprah maintains she is not a lesbian. In my view, she should consider becoming one, because the majority of lesbians - the ones I know, at any rate - do not hate men or anybody else.

But not as much as she loves her big fat self. Not too many other people publish a self-titled magazine and put themselves on the cover each month. But maybe if they did, they too could receive a Kennedy Center Award. Note that these awards are for people who excel in the arts. One might ask in what art does Oprah excel, and the answer in this case would be the art of politically campaigning for a presidential candidate.

Oprah celebrates, and has become vastly wealthy from, self-promotion. Neither a wife nor a mother herself, she has somehow become a role model for wives and mothers around the world. One can see the mistrust in her eyes as they glare out from her fleshy face, making one think of Jabba the Hutt.

I am well aware she contributes to charity, and has even created a few charities of her own. It should be borne in mind that such activity serves to further promote her own image. You can be sure that if it did not, it would quickly cease.

Good luck with your open letter, Bob. Oprah will never see it.
Last edited by cousinbasil on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

It would be fun to see her face when she reads:
  • "Nor will you ever really be so until you're under the reigns of a man who's in possession of full and authentically Divine manhood."
It's kinda like demanding that someone lower themselves to one knee and kiss the Papal Ring...

Thinking about, maybe she will get back to you. Going under the reins and 'authentically Divine manhood' could be interpreted in a number of different ways. You never know where a girl's tastes lead her these days.
Ni ange, ni bête
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Alex wrote:You never know where a girl's tastes lead her these days.
I her case it's probably to the buffet table.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

cousinbasil wrote:Good luck with your open letter, Bob. Oprah will never see it.
Actually all women who are not in the reins of a real man add to the mischief of the world. And of course some far more than others. But again, the root of the problem is the lacking of men, real men. Men that are in full, living relationship with themselves and the Infinite.