The Problem With Women Today

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Shahrazad

Re: The Problem With Women Today

Post by Shahrazad »

Btw, barring a few dodgy bits, this article is a somewhat interesting read:

What is enlightenment, no, I mean really, like what is it?
That was a pretty good article, Dan.
jupta

Post by jupta »

Dan Rowden wrote:Basically Tolle's version of spirituality appeals to women because of that functioning in spontaneity dimension, because this is how women function in large measure already. Tolle could have written the Cow te Ching and have really meant it!

Btw, barring a few dodgy bits, this article is a somewhat interesting read:

Any spirituality which appeals to women is worthless.
skipair

Post by skipair »

rebecca702 wrote:I don't think you guys realize that arrogance is one of the biggest turnoffs to anyone who has half a brain.
Arrogance is a very strong attraction trigger. Either you are unconscious of the effect it has on you, or you're lying.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

skipair wrote: I am simply stating what in all likelihood are the facts. Regardless of intellect, insight, and character of a woman, I have never met one that did not respond to the innate attraction triggers like a machine. Alex routinely produces material that will automatically flip primitive and sexual switches when women come in contact with it.
Are you saying that Alex's style of posting gets women horny? If so, you gotta be kidding. If true, that's pathetic.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Carl G wrote:Are you saying that Alex's style of posting gets women horny? If so, you gotta be kidding. If true, that's pathetic.
What, you think women are attracted to men of reason and a conscience to boot? That would defeat the purpose of having a man around in the first place! It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Alex had women surrounding him, but more like a gay dude would than a Don Juan type.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

skipair wrote:
Sue Hindmarsh wrote:I hadn’t realized that you’d not been introduced to Rebecca: a person of some intellect and insight. Such characteristics are indeed special, but not necessarily a “genetic miracle”.
I am simply stating what in all likelihood are the facts. Regardless of intellect, insight, and character of a woman, I have never met one that did not respond to the innate attraction triggers like a machine. Alex routinely produces material that will automatically flip primitive and sexual switches when women come in contact with it. Some of it will likely be subconscious, so I can understand why the both of you seem to be missing what I'm talking about. Though, to expose it in the open like this, it probably rails too deeply against everything it means to be a woman. I won't be surprised if you continue to protect Rebecca's social identity and Rebecca continues to control her horniness.
[laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaughs!] Alright, that's it.

The only urge that filled me (past, since I don't read any of his material and haven't for a long time) is the one that makes you want to violently hurl and defacate all over him.

I reckon you are projecting your subconscious homosexuality onto women.
Between Suicides
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

PS: I ain't turned on or driven competition mad by a bulging dick-in-the-pants, either.
Between Suicides
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

skipair wrote:
rebecca702 wrote:I don't think you guys realize that arrogance is one of the biggest turnoffs to anyone who has half a brain.
Arrogance is a very strong attraction trigger. Either you are unconscious of the effect it has on you, or you're lying.
It can be, in combination with other traits such as naturalness, wit, intelligence, fame, wealth, good looks, etc. By itself, it simply comes across as anal-retentiveness, which women quite rightly laugh at.

If a man has no money, or career, or prospects - i.e. the qualities which primarily concern women - then, in order to be attractive to women, he would have to create some kind of illusion that his arrogance isn't just a blast of hot air. For example, in reference to your current path in life, he could use hypnotic skills to create the illusion that he is looking into her soul and promising her an exciting spiritual/sexual adventure.

Women are always looking for someone to sweep them off their feet, so they are ripe for the picking in that regard. However, simply being arrogant, in the absence of being able to promise further riches (in whatever form), won't have any affect on them.

As a rule, women are very practical when it comes to these sorts of matters. And they are quick to laugh at the pretenders.

-
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Leyla Shen wrote:I reckon you [Skip] are projecting your subconscious homosexuality onto women.
Interesting thought. Can you expand on that?

PS: I ain't turned on or driven competition mad by a bulging dick-in-the-pants, either.
It would surprise me if many women did. It looks likes a playboy fantasy to me.

Is this where the homosexuality comes in ....?

-
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Dan Rowden wrote:I'm not sure there's any real need to examine the content of that quote unless there's something about it that you would really like a response to.
No, David pretty much said what I was going to say about it. Basically, "The Problem With Women Today" is that their demand creates the supply of folks like Tolle who can tell them it's okay, climb back up in the trees. You're melting into peace if you don't use your mind, etc.

I actually threw it out there because 1, someone had just emailed it to me (in an attempt to assure me that enlightenment IS easier for women) and 2, it was something to talk about other than Alex. Whatever. And 3, the "enlightenment and the flowering of love" phrase really made my day and thought I should share that. You're welcome. :o)
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Dan Rowden wrote:Btw, barring a few dodgy bits, this article is a somewhat interesting read:

Okay, weird! I just got the book yesterday The Haunted Universe by Steven Norquist, which includes that article. Have you read it?

What parts were dodgy?

His basic premise in the book is that we all think we exist and that we are real, when we are all really running in fear from the only truth: That we don't actually exist (in other words truth=death, in a sense that we are already dead, reverse-causality).

I almost put it down when he said, "The fear we feel is not of the unknown, it is of the known. Deep down we all know what it is we fear. Nitche [sic] feared this so much he went insane and died in an asylum." He's obviously never read Nietzsche and is not overly educated because the book is chock full of grammatical and spelling errors. But a very interesting read nonetheless and he's spot on about some things.
Blair

Post by Blair »

rebecca702 wrote: I actually threw it out there because 1, someone had just emailed it to me (in an attempt to assure me that enlightenment IS easier for women) and 2, it was something to talk about other than Alex. Whatever. And 3, the "enlightenment and the flowering of love" phrase really made my day and thought I should share that. You're welcome. :o)
So in other words, you are a typical woman.

<<Yawn>>
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

prince wrote:
rebecca702 wrote: I actually threw it out there because 1, someone had just emailed it to me (in an attempt to assure me that enlightenment IS easier for women) and 2, it was something to talk about other than Alex. Whatever. And 3, the "enlightenment and the flowering of love" phrase really made my day and thought I should share that. You're welcome. :o)

<<Yawn>>
What about that is typical-womanish? I said David already expounded on the points I felt the article brought up in light of this subject. I made the mistake of engaging in discussion with Alex and derailing the thread from wherever it was going, so I offered up something else.

If that is your attempt to insult me you've failed.
skipair

Post by skipair »

What I talk about cannot be explained to women. It can only be done. Explain it and become insta-enemy to women. The Unspoken Code will not be broken, and they will try to break you and kick you out if you attempt it.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

rebecca702 wrote:
prince wrote:

<<Yawn>>
What about that is typical-womanish? I said David already expounded on the points I felt the article brought up in light of this subject. I made the mistake of engaging in discussion with Alex and derailing the thread from wherever it was going, so I offered up something else.

If that is your attempt to insult me you've failed.
He may have picked up on the "enlightenment and the flowering of love" phrase and wrongly interpreted that it tickled your fancy, as opposed to triggering your sense of scorn.

-
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

David Quinn wrote:
rebecca702 wrote:If that is your attempt to insult me you've failed.
He may have picked up on the "enlightenment and the flowering of love" phrase and wrongly interpreted that it tickled your fancy, as opposed to triggering your sense of scorn.
I wondered that.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

skipair wrote:What I talk about cannot be explained to women. It can only be done. Explain it and become insta-enemy to women. The Unspoken Code will not be broken, and they will try to break you and kick you out if you attempt it.

Well, you've certainly got the arrogance down pat. By rights, you should be a veritable chick magnet by now.

What is this Unspoken Code you speak of?

-
skipair

Post by skipair »

David Quinn wrote:What is this Unspoken Code you speak of?
The Unspoken Code is woman's means for survival. I don't have time right now to explain it more than I already have on this forum, though perhaps I'll do a proper essay at some point. I have my own understanding, but here is another's understanding that, while a bit limited in scope, doesn't hit too awfully far off the mark:

Secret Society
Jason

Post by Jason »

Leyla Shen wrote:PS: I ain't turned on or driven competition mad by a bulging dick-in-the-pants, either.
How about a bulging dick-under-a-kilt?
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

skipair wrote:
David Quinn wrote:What is this Unspoken Code you speak of?
The Unspoken Code is woman's means for survival. I don't have time right now to explain it more than I already have on this forum, though perhaps I'll do a proper essay at some point. I have my own understanding, but here is another's understanding that, while a bit limited in scope, doesn't hit too awfully far off the mark:

Secret Society
That is truly pathetic, Skip. Why would you want to be associated with such a sick mindset?

From that website:
What the secret society members are not telling you, is that they understand that most sex occurs when women are not sexually AGGRESSIVE, but sexually RECEPTIVE.

They understand that for women to be ready for sex, they need not feel horny, they need only feel EMOTIONAL.

They understand that women are not logical, and that they are emotional. They understand that for women sex is not a big deal at all, and that its their LOGIC that puts the breaks on it.

They understand that most women are afraid of sex because they lack TRUST, and because their LOGIC is putting on the breaks.

They disarm logic by making the women EMOTIONAL, so that their LOGIC (which is the BREAKS of emotion) becomes disarmed, and at the same time maintain TRUST, so that the emotions generated won't be interfered with.

Then they simply have sex, because although the women are not WANTING sex, they are too EMOTIONAL to DECLINE sex. Then, once they BEGIN to have a physical interaction, the women become horny and sexually aggressive as a result, and sex begins.

How is this different from engaging in rape?

-
skipair

Post by skipair »

David Quinn wrote:Why would you want to be associated with such a sick mindset?

I'm "associating" myself with the knowledge that these behavioral patterns exist, whether they seem sick or otherwise.

How is this different from engaging in rape?
How is that a relevant question?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

skip said,
The Unspoken Code is woman's means for survival. I don't have time right now to explain it more than I already have on this forum, though perhaps I'll do a proper essay at some point.
Damn, I'm afraid skip is getting awfully close to decoding the unspoken code. So far, I haven't encountered many men that figured it out. Skip is in more danger than I thought at first.

David, just so that you know what I am talking about, women have convinced men of a lot of things. Here are a few of them:

(1) We don't like sex. We just do it to please our men, so that they won't get their satisfaction elsewhere.
(2) Sex with a man we are not in love with is not enjoyable. Indeed, a man has to tell us he loves us before we will consider having sex.
(3) Size doesn't matter. We are just as happy with a micro-cock than with a 12-inch cock.
(4) When we wear a top that reveals our awesome breasts, and men look at them, we do not enjoy that attention. We are offended.
(5) If a man tells us that he lusts for us, or that he would love to see a pic of our naked breasts, we are offended.

I'll stop now before I get in trouble with other women.
jupta

Post by jupta »

Shahrazad wrote:skip said,
The Unspoken Code is woman's means for survival. I don't have time right now to explain it more than I already have on this forum, though perhaps I'll do a proper essay at some point.
Damn, I'm afraid skip is getting awfully close to decoding the unspoken code. So far, I haven't encountered many men that figured it out. Skip is in more danger than I thought at first.

David, just so that you know what I am talking about, women have convinced men of a lot of things. Here are a few of them:

(1) We don't like sex. We just do it to please our men, so that they won't get their satisfaction elsewhere.
(2) Sex with a man we are not in love with is not enjoyable. Indeed, a man has to tell us he loves us before we will consider having sex.
(3) Size doesn't matter. We are just as happy with a micro-cock than with a 12-inch cock.
(4) When we wear a top that reveals our awesome breasts, and men look at them, we do not enjoy that attention. We are offended.
(5) If a man tells us that he lusts for us, or that he would love to see a pic of our naked breasts, we are offended.

6.) The female orgasm does, in fact, matter, and it exists(absolutely, not relatively).
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

skipair wrote:
David Quinn wrote:Why would you want to be associated with such a sick mindset?

I'm "associating" myself with the knowledge that these behavioral patterns exist, whether they seem sick or otherwise.

David wrote of the "sick mindset", that is, the sick mind behind the creation of that material.

And yes, it's clear that you have been "associating" with the "knowledge" existing there, for it's stamped all over your posts, along with that underlying mind-set.

No wonder you wrote that you weren't too worried about becoming totally absorbed by woman/unconsciousness, you already have been.
David: How is this different from engaging in rape?
Skip: How is that a relevant question?
It is relevant because you value that "knowledge".
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Shahrazad wrote:skip said,

What is the use of this code, and the subterfuge about it, and the lies you list here? And what do men get that is worthwhile to them by playing along, playing dumb, and being players. Seems like a female cover up -- to herself as well as him -- that there really isn't much to her. Like skip said, it's about women's 'survival.' Emotional survival. The survival of delusion. The survival of a corrupt system. Better for her -- and him -- to come out of the denial and then improve themselves and their methods of relating. I agree with David, it is deeply sick.