The Problem With Women Today

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
brokenhead

Re: The Problem With Women Today

Post by brokenhead »

David Quinn wrote:Of course, he will also be getting his rocks off on the mere fact that we are talking about him. He is someone who loves attention and loves using his cleverness to push people's buttons. So he is a dirty old man in that sense.

-
You are all missing the point when it comes to Alex. He's a Weisenheimer. It has nothing to do with using cleverness to push buttons. It has to do with using his beak to press buttons. Picture it! One at a time! In rapid succession, this macaw pecks out lengthy posts with his oversized beak on his poor abused keyboard, the mound of walnut shells next to which grows steadily day by day.
skipair

Post by skipair »

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:Why act the idiot? (It is an act - yes?)
Please. Show me the girl who's doesn't get horny when talking to a guy about how all the women want his dick. If Rebecca can do that she is a genetic miracle.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

skipair,
Too bad you can't add nationalism to your list.
That's because it isn't useless. My nationalism got me out of 100 years of slavery to the big empire. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I would say that nationalism is only useful for oppressed people. A nationalist bully is a dangerous thing.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

David Quinn wrote:
Sue Hindmarsh wrote:Looking over YOUR posts to Alex, it is clear that he is 100% creepy. He obviously has neither love nor respect for women. For him, women are just playthings.

I wonder which institution he teaches at. From what he writes, he has access to many young women. To protect them, the institution should be alerted to the fact that his soul is that of a dirty old man. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near them - or young men, for that matter, as he may spread his disease.
I think you play into his hands with comments like that. He gets off on causing that kind of reaction.

Alex isn't really a dirty old man, at least not in the ordinary sense. He's much too clever and sophisticated for that. He merely pretends to be one, presumably in an attempt to shock us. He seems to think we are all repressed pussy lovers.

It's the banality of it all that I find off-putting. The way he always dips into the lowest common denominator in order to make his points. The way his cleverness never goes beyond being skin deep. The way he regurgitates sociological cliches in the belief that he is effectively countering what goes on here on this forum.

That's what makes him a bore in my eyes. Not the cleverness or the simulation, but that his source material is so lame.

-
The very fact that here he must conjure a mask comprised of such “source material” makes me dread to think what lies bubbling below it. It must be something horribly deformed and deranged to warrant such an outpouring of violence. And it is that thought which causes me to question if such a person should be allowed anywhere near young people.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Tolle wrote:Are the obstacles to enlightenment the same for a man as for a woman?
I wrote on my calender that I need to be enlightened in two months, for Tim-Tom's birthday, and I'm sure I can squeeze it into my schedule by then. By making a checklist of the obstacles to overcome, I can do this quickly and efficiently.

Nevermind that the first line of the Tao te Ching is "A way that can be walked is not the Way."
A mindful man needs few words.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:The very fact that here he must conjure a mask comprised of such “source material” makes me dread to think what lies bubbling below it. It must be something horribly deformed and deranged to warrant such an outpouring of violence. And it is that thought which causes me to question if such a person should be allowed anywhere near young people.
Now, now, Sue. It is good for young people to have pets. It is a life lesson. It teaches them responsibility, how to love and care for and nurture something. And everyone knows that a bird makes an excellent first pet. Not only does this one talk - every macaw can do that - but he can type on his mighty keyboard. This one, this Weisenheimer, has also managed to sign up with an ISP, which begs the question of whose credit card he is using. The young people need not be wary of Weisenheimer's ideas, for those are quite harmless. However, they, especially the young women, should keep an eye on their pocketbooks and their credit statements and be on the lookout for unfamiliar charges from Internet whole grain and exotic nut sellers.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

skipair wrote:
Please. Show me the girl who's doesn't get horny when talking to a guy about how all the women want his dick. If Rebecca can do that she is a genetic miracle.
I hadn’t realized that you’d not been introduced to Rebecca: a person of some intellect and insight. Such characteristics are indeed special, but not necessarily a “genetic miracle”. But hang on, you've met her through her posts. Yet it behoves you to ask her such inanities?

-

Mate, is it possible for you to stop with the dick fantasies?
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:Mate, is it possible for you to stop with the dick fantasies?
Sue demonstrating her lack of comprehension of males rivals the magnitude of its counterpart in the female arena.
jupta

Post by jupta »

brokenhead wrote:
Sue Hindmarsh wrote:Mate, is it possible for you to stop with the dick fantasies?
Sue demonstrating her lack of comprehension of males rivals the magnitude of its counterpart in the female arena.
I agree. It is interesting to see how both sexes are so ignorant of each other. However, the ramifications of that ignorance are different in the case of each sex.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Rebecca,

I used to think that people that held such seriously flawed views on Reality, such as Eckhart Tolle, were innocently trying to do their best, but were merely misguided in their efforts. Upon reading this last post of yours about Tolle, I was reminded of a friend I had in University with whom I acquainted on a daily basis with passionate discussions about truth. I always appreciated his insight and willingness to tear down old thought paradigms, but there was always a mischievous glint in his eye and smile on his face whenever I agreed with his insight. I should have put the two together sooner, especially after his wholehearted conversion to islam for the influence a converted caucasian had on the position of persian panties, and his just as radical denunciation of islam after he was done playing his game.

Tarts like Tolle take joy and revel in their power over others. No matter how innocent one of these new age gurus may be or claim to be, their use of power taints any happiness they have because it is the result of the unconscious in them, not from reason or truth.
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:
skipair wrote:
I hadn’t realized that you’d not been introduced to Rebecca: a person of some intellect and insight. Such characteristics are indeed special, but not necessarily a “genetic miracle”. But hang on, you've met her through her posts. Yet it behoves you to ask her such inanities?
Skipair - I don't think you guys realize that arrogance is one of the biggest turnoffs to anyone who has half a brain. I look at someone like Alex and generally just figure everyone around him is pretty much in hell. Not all women have some sort of compulsive competition-for-dick syndrome... some women would see you strutting your stuff (with your bulge, or whatever you called it) and be thoroughly... no, not disgusted, saddened is more the word.
No, he apparently is on a mission from God.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Sue said,
The very fact that here he must conjure a mask comprised of such “source material” makes me dread to think what lies bubbling below it.
I agree with this, and it is a rare thing for me to agree with Sue.
It must be something horribly deformed and deranged to warrant such an outpouring of violence.
I wouldn't quite go that far. He's probably a regular ugly person who gets no attention in real life.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Rebecca,
Skipair - I don't think you guys realize that arrogance is one of the biggest turnoffs to anyone who has half a brain. I look at someone like Alex and generally just figure everyone around him is pretty much in hell. Not all women have some sort of compulsive competition-for-dick syndrome... some women would see you strutting your stuff (with your bulge, or whatever you called it) and be thoroughly... no, not disgusted, saddened is more the word.
Forgive me if I misread you, but are you implying here that you actually believe some women actually have a brain? Please clarify.
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Shahrazad wrote:Rebecca,
Forgive me if I misread you, but are you implying here that you actually believe some women actually have a brain?
Yes. Most women are born with brains.
Shahrazad wrote:Please clarify.
No.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Rebecca,
It went from "some women" to "most women"? Thanks for clarifying.
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Hi BMcGilly,
BMcGilly07 wrote:I used to think that people that held such seriously flawed views on Reality, such as Eckhart Tolle, were innocently trying to do their best, but were merely misguided in their efforts. Upon reading this last post of yours about Tolle, I was reminded of a friend I had in University with whom I acquainted on a daily basis with passionate discussions about truth. I always appreciated his insight and willingness to tear down old thought paradigms, but there was always a mischievous glint in his eye and smile on his face whenever I agreed with his insight. I should have put the two together sooner, especially after his wholehearted conversion to islam for the influence a converted caucasian had on the position of persian panties, and his just as radical denunciation of islam after he was done playing his game.
Wow, that's pretty shameless. Hope you weren't too personally affected by his tainted agenda. It's an interesting argument - whether they are truly innocent or not in the beginning. I'm still on the fence on that one. Someone like Tolle seems so thoroughly convinced of himself and his mission to bring about a New Earth or whatever, but somewhere along the way it turns into a giant ego game (or rather, it was an ego game all along but he was oblivious at first). Sounds like your friend never had too many altruistic motives - he probably grew up getting his kicks from manipulating people and "stealing their energy" as they say in New Age circles. But Tolle? Maybe he started out innocent and then slowly became addicted to all the power all those Oprah cronies were gushing on him.
Tarts like Tolle take joy and revel in their power over others. No matter how innocent one of these new age gurus may be or claim to be, their use of power taints any happiness they have because it is the result of the unconscious in them, not from reason or truth.
I think as soon as you start being very public about things (becoming a New York Times Bestselling "Spiritual Teacher"), you're inviting distaster. Take for example Osho (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh), of the Orange People out in Oregon. I read his Autobiography of a Spiritually Incorrect Mystic, and I would have really liked to meet him in his earlier years. Then, what happened? It became some twisted game.
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Shahrazad wrote:Rebecca,
It went from "some women" to "most women"? Thanks for clarifying.
Yes Shah. Most women are born with brains. The few that aren't are usually dead on arrival, or shortly thereafter, due to congenital anomaly.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Rebecca,

Right. And then, there are those who only have half a brain, like you imply here:
I don't think you guys realize that arrogance is one of the biggest turnoffs to anyone who has half a brain.
You may have even been talking about yourself.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

I'm not quite sure what's wrong with developing a personality that turns women off, particularly the ones with only half a brain.
A mindful man needs few words.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Shah,

Do you ever get tired of talking to yourself? You said you have no understanding of Woman and you show no respect for the purpose of this forum. It's clear you have your own separate agenda, so take it somewhere else.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Nick,
Do you ever get tired of talking to yourself?
When have I done that? Give place and time.
You said you have no understanding of Woman and you show no respect for the purpose of this forum.
I was being sarcastic when I said I have no understanding of what QRS mean by Woman. Of course, it went over your head.
It's clear you have your own separate agenda, so take it somewhere else.
Oh, I'd love to hear what you've decided my agenda is.

If you want me banned, I suggest you talk to one of the admins. You have no banning power.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

BMcGilly07 wrote:Tarts like Tolle take joy and revel in their power over others. No matter how innocent one of these new age gurus may be or claim to be, their use of power taints any happiness they have because it is the result of the unconscious in them, not from reason or truth.
Bryan,

That quote was dreadful, wasn't it? I knew Tolle had to be a bit off for the Oprah crowd to take to him like that, but it's now patently clear why. I think he needs dissection more than his writings. Looks like he's far more the New Age guru than the wanna-be Zen master that I thought he was.

Rebecca,

I'm not sure there's any real need to examine the content of that quote unless there's something about it that you would really like a response to.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

In essence, the comments in the Tolle quote rest on the misunderstanding that entering into God-consciousness involves returning to a more primitive, animal-like consciousness. Putting an end to the thinking mind, as it were. He even likens God-consciousness to the womb. It is a very common delusion.

Women are indeed closer to what he thinks of as God-consciousness, because women are indeed more primitive and animal-like. So what Tolle says in that quote makes perfect sense, providing we accept his false premise.

And of course, it is no surprise that someone like Oprah laps this sort of thing up.

-
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Yes, it's that idea that wisdom is this sort of unconscious spontaneity - the immediacy of "Now". It's a dangerous idea because it contains a half-truth - that wisdom is about "now" spontaneity and immediacy. The big difference is the consciousnesses part. I don't know why any thinking person would buy into that claptrap, though. If you use Tolle's logic, young children and even toddlers are closer even than women to this state, so we really should be trying to emulate that. However, as far as I can tell young children suffer and evince grossly delusional behaviour such as violence as a matter of course. I don't see much in the way of unending "love" in their spontaneous, "now" behaviour.

Basically Tolle's version of spirituality appeals to women because of that functioning in spontaneity dimension, because this is how women function in large measure already. Tolle could have written the Cow te Ching and have really meant it!

Btw, barring a few dodgy bits, this article is a somewhat interesting read:

What is enlightenment, no, I mean really, like what is it?
skipair

Post by skipair »

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:I hadn’t realized that you’d not been introduced to Rebecca: a person of some intellect and insight. Such characteristics are indeed special, but not necessarily a “genetic miracle”.
I am simply stating what in all likelihood are the facts. Regardless of intellect, insight, and character of a woman, I have never met one that did not respond to the innate attraction triggers like a machine. Alex routinely produces material that will automatically flip primitive and sexual switches when women come in contact with it. Some of it will likely be subconscious, so I can understand why the both of you seem to be missing what I'm talking about. Though, to expose it in the open like this, it probably rails too deeply against everything it means to be a woman. I won't be surprised if you continue to protect Rebecca's social identity and Rebecca continues to control her horniness.
Last edited by skipair on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.