The Problem With Women Today

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Shahrazad

Re: The Problem With Women Today

Post by Shahrazad »

Jupta,
Men who are below 30 don't much care for women over 30, or even 25 for that matter, so it does not really matter that much. You can't have a market without the goods missing. Besides, men of 45+ often look for women in the 30-40 age group, so even there it does not hold. I guess if you go above even that, then you can say that it's a man's market.

I don't think you thought about what you're saying. You have described one of the reasons why it is a man's market (as I said before, there are others). If all the younger men are looking for teens, and the middle-aged men are looking for women ten years younger than themselves, women over 30 are going to have a harder time finding men. It gets even harder when they pass 40.

OTOH, I don't think you realize that there are quite a few men who like older women. They find the young ones too dingy and superficial. I am older, and I don't have scores of men calling me, but I do get attention from younger men, in their 30s mostly. It is not as uncommon as you think.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

rebecca702 wrote:We are all sitting around pursuing the best means to engage in mutual ego-strokage, yes?
Yes. I believe the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the gallactic compedium of all knowledge, missed nothing with its entry for Earth: "Harmless."
Perhaps I'm incredibly dim-witted. But if people are approximately similar to you, then what's the point right? Why should all this tomfoolery please us so much? Because we love to be fooled and play the fool? Why don't we all just kill ourselves?!?
Theists often ask atheists why they don't just kill themselves. It's a bizarre question. Kind of like me asking my cat why she sleeps 18 hours a day instead of killing herself. Sometimes she wants attention, and not only to be fed or let outside, but I can ignore her and she'll be fine.

What do you positively need from other people? What do you merely want?
A mindful man needs few words.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Trevor,
Theists often ask atheists why they don't just kill themselves.
They do? I think it's the theists, or the ones who believe in heaven, who should kill themselves so they can go to heaven.
jupta

Post by jupta »

Shahrazad wrote:I don't think you thought about what you're saying. You have described one of the reasons why it is a man's market (as I said before, there are others). If all the younger men are looking for teens, and the middle-aged men are looking for women ten years younger than themselves, women over 30 are going to have a harder time finding men. It gets even harder when they pass 40.
I already said that it's a 'man's market' for women over 40. And even then, men are not interested in older women, so it still does not hold. You can't have a 'market' if either one side is missing. In the case of the 'man's market', men are largely missing.
OTOH, I don't think you realize that there are quite a few men who like older women. They find the young ones too dingy and superficial. I am older, and I don't have scores of men calling me, but I do get attention from younger men, in their 30s mostly. It is not as uncommon as you think.
I realise that but they are very few in number. I don't know of any young man who'd want a long-term relationship with older women. Young men are mostly attracted to older women because they are easier to have sex with. It is well known that those relationships are short-lived. And all fairly good looking women who don't have white hair get attention from almost all men. That's not an indicator of a greater degree of attraction.
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Nick wrote:there is no shame in failing at something which requires you to sacrifice your soul
Quote of the day.

Dan-
Dan wrote:
rebecca702 wrote:You guys act like if a man ignores Woman, women will find him repulsive. That is frankly not the case.
I think you'll find it is the case, in the vast majority of cases. But I'll grant you a small concession: some of the characteristics evinced by such a man will be attractive to women in the short term. Strength and consistency of character, that sort of thing. But over time if the woman finds that she cannot direct his attention and utilise his attractive characteristics within the sphere of Woman, he will become repulsive to her; she will see him as dangerous (because he frankly is).
You make a point there. I think you are right that in general she can't survive for long without the Woman game. Or she may see certain traits as desirable, but her desires are always shifting (if she doesn't have the true intent to really work for them for herself).
So, yes, I'll grant you that up to a point and within a certain time-frame, woman can find men of truth, real masculine males, attractive. But I would argue strongly that it can't last.
I think you're right on that. Part of what comes into play here is the dynamic that's been exaggerated lately it seems, of being even more attracted to a person when you are ignored by them. Watch any recent Hollywood flick (wait... don't) and you'll see this more and more - you hit on a person by insulting them, etc. Okay, I can't resist pointing to this as a perfect example.

Jason-
Jason wrote:I don't even know why I bother sometimes. The lexicon you've created with "Woman" is self-serving and confusing(apparently to those who use it as much as anyone else.) The way people around here mix, match, switch, equate and differentiate(often in a single sentence) the words and concepts "women" and "Woman" is moronic.
I don't think it's confusing at all. I could see how it would be confusing if you didn't really want to understand it, but I find this lexicon more helpful than anything I've found previously, for how to understand Woman.
Jason wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:I'm not arguing that absolutely everything a man does it about Woman and/or women,
"Woman and/or women"?!

Perfect.
Why is that so hard? There's Woman the idea and women the actual people.
Jason wrote:When it descends into being a synonym for "the dynamic between the sexes", as you call it, I give it relatively little significance, probably because I haven't personally had to deal with much of that and also because it is rather distant from higher philosophical matters.
When you say you haven't personally had to deal with it, you're forgetting that Woman lives in your mind - and is very personal to you. This is none other than the problem of the "Other" which I think is paramount to "philosophical matters."
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Alex -
Alex Jones wrote:I don't know if I would carry it out quite as Skipair does, but at the very least he seems to be dealing with the core element: fear. Of all that has been written here, it is this that is most inspiring. It holds some real promise.
Yes, but how could you possibly deal with your own fear by engaging in an energetic interaction with another being who has not confronted their own fear one iota? Maybe Skip can weigh in on this because I've followed his reasoning and still don't really see how there could be a finish line to his process.
Alex Jones wrote:If you are sitting home alone, there is a reason. Wisdom is knowing what that reason is, confronting it, and taking the next steps to deal with it.
This made my jaw drop. Socialization is the fount of wisdom? You obviously don't value solitude.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Nick writes:

"Women throw their lives away for Woman, just like men do, but they do it differently. Some have a harder time with it than others, and some "succeed" if you want to call it that, but there is no shame in failing at something which requires you to sacrifice your soul. One should use this as an opportunity to pursue bigger and better things, namely Absolute Truth."

Part of a general game of lying, 'game' in this sense being a group of appearences that are agreed to but which, on closer inspection, are lies.

To undersdtand Nick (I submit) you have to understand that there is something in Nick that renders him simply unattractive to women. He has never had or known any sort of success with women, and he has internalized his disappointment. Like an oyster with a bit of irritating sand he has lovingly covered it with his secretion, year after year, and transformed it into a 'pearl'. It is---with this jabber about Absolute Truth---the 'pearl of great price'. But for a real emotional and psychic philologist (like me) one sees right through this.

This line about 'there is no shame at failing at something that requires you sacrifice your soul', while it sounds good (like in some self-help book), is part of a structure of lie, as one so often hears around here. The 'virile men' (virulent men?)(the real men, who soar miles above all other men, yeah right!) around here don't have a clear idea what 'sacrifice of soul' means in all its implications. They stopped living and in many senses they stopped growing. One understands this reading what they write which, so often, misses completely the point of living. In a sense, here, the soul is truly sacrificed and (it seems) Life is not really understood. Not all of it but a big part of it (the rap and the game here) is an acting out by people who in no sense give evidence of 'greater knowledge of soul'. I say that you have greater knowledge of soul when you actually have relationships with other living beings, when you participate in the currents of life, no necessarily (or rather, certainly not) giving yourself over to them, but actually meeting other people on the level of the 'soul'. It is far harder to do that honestly and with integrity than to cut oneself off from life, neuroticize one's understanding of 'Woman', and discuss it all ad infinitum in a treefort with other snot-nosed brats (with intellectual pretensions). (And say mercillessly cruel and insensitive things about Dear Alex: a soul who has come to this world to help and to heal his brothers!)

Failure, success...what do you really know about it?

The term 'absolute truth' is an absolutely absurd abstraction. It really has no meaning, but is used, by losers who conceal themselves from themselves, to represent great things...

Alex has spoken!

Rebecca wrote:

"Yes, but how could you possibly deal with your own fear by engaging in an energetic interaction with another being who has not confronted their own fear one iota?"

You sort of answer your own question, I think. Everything hinges in oneself and in how one uses one's own energy. One makes oneself the subject of 'handling energy' and one confronts the different layers of fear about the living of life. For the oatmeal-faced mentally ill of GF that means knowing how to have interactions with women (and all of life). As I said, Skipair does what he does for his own reasons, and I wouldn't conduct it quite that way, but he seems to know what he is 'battling'. The rest of these ninnies (I have been reading their 'brilliant words' for almost 2 years now), IF THE TRUTH WERE REALLY TOLD, are running, and lying about their running.

Instead of believing what these assholes write, my dear, play this little game: think for yourself when you read the written word and then, intuitively, just blurt-out what you know is the real truth (What I mean is not 'think for yourself' because surely you do, but say the exact truth about what is behind what is written, if only to yourself).

Let's all begin to do this for each other! (Real and worthy use of the 'soul')

Over'n'out...
Ni ange, ni bête
Nick

Post by Nick »

Shahrazad wrote:It's all a show.
Yes that's what I said.
Shahrazad wrote:Women can't let you know how desperate they are to find a man.
It's not so much the desperation to find a man, it's the desperation to embody Woman, and part of that is having a man around to sustain this.
Shahrazad wrote:They pretend they are enjoying going to bars in groups of women. And by your reaction, it's working.
Well it is a battle ground for her, but it is in this battle ground she is in her element. It's a fierce competition, but at the same time, it's what she lives for.
Shahrazad wrote:(1) do these women groups have any men in them?
Not all but most, I already told you that.
Shahrazad wrote:(2) how old are these women? Perhaps you are talking about women under 30, and they really are having fun.
I don't recall ever seeing many women over 30.
Shahrazad wrote:But those women over 30 are motivated by loneliness, and aren't having much fun.
Shahrazad wrote:It's a man's market out there.
Well like I said, I don't recall seeing many women over 30, and if there were, they probably looked young enough to blend in with the crowd. Besides, they are usually enjoying the fruits of marriage at this point, they have no need to put them selves on the market.

Besides even when a woman is married, she still has the whole of men working for her, making sure that she does in fact remain womanly, thoughtless, and blissful. Fundamentally, these women are no different than the 20 somethings at the night club.
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Alex Jacob wrote:The term 'absolute truth' is an absolutely absurd abstraction. It really has no meaning, but is used, by losers who conceal themselves from themselves, to represent great things...
Failure, success...what do you really know about it?
So your idea of success is being a functional member of society?
Alex has spoken!
Indeed you have. You obviously fancy yourself a Messiah to these hopeless souls who are silly enough to want to know the truth about life. Do you think your altruistic teachings-from-on-high are going to get through to them? So they can accept their oatmeal faces and make it out into the real world to find other like-minded oatmealies to accept them in their oatmealiness? Is that how they would succeed?
Instead of believing what these assholes write, my dear, play this little game: think for yourself[...]
First of all, don't "my dear" me. I just gagged all over my computer screen.
Second of all, I don't "believe" what anyone says. That would be silly.
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Alex Jones wrote:Real and worthy use of the 'soul'
What's the purpose of life, Alex? I'd really like to hear.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Rebecca,
Yes, but how could you possibly deal with your own fear by engaging in an energetic interaction with another being who has not confronted their own fear one iota? Maybe Skip can weigh in on this because I've followed his reasoning and still don't really see how there could be a finish line to his process.
Skip can speak for himself, but while he gets here, I'll take a crack at it. He wants to get a young, attractive woman to fall in love with him, to choose him over and above all other men. That is his goal. After he achieves that goal, he will just dump the woman, possibly even telling her what he really thinks of her, in the name of truth, of course. Then he can really pursue wisdom, after his ego has been bloated by owning a woman's heart, body and soul.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Shahrazad wrote:I think it's the theists, or the ones who believe in heaven, who should kill themselves so they can go to heaven.
They should, and they do. The military supplies that demand.

The arguments that I see against secularism are one way; the reality is another.
Alex Jacob wrote:The rest of these ninnies (I have been reading their 'brilliant words' for almost 2 years now), IF THE TRUTH WERE REALLY TOLD, are running, and lying about their running.
"The rest of these ninnies" have all the same information about what goes on here that you do. How is it that after 2 years you haven't figured out how to deal with it?
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Shahrazad wrote:Rebecca,
Skip can speak for himself, but while he gets here, I'll take a crack at it. He wants to get a young, attractive woman to fall in love with him, to choose him over and above all other men. That is his goal. After he achieves that goal, he will just dump the woman, possibly even telling her what he really thinks of her, in the name of truth, of course. Then he can really pursue wisdom, after his ego has been bloated by owning a woman's heart, body and soul.
Yes but once he gets his fix don't you think he'll need to up the dosage? Keep finding more attractive and more unattainable women to attain. There are always more... I don't see how doing drugs can cure your addiction.
Malik

Post by Malik »

The problem with woman is the projected nature the world projects for them is total nonsense. Woman have it very hard because of the way society looks at them, and the role that they have.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Nick,
It's not so much the desperation to find a man, it's the desperation to embody Woman, and part of that is having a man around to sustain this.
Even looking at it your way, they're desperate. They have to find a mate.
Well it is a battle ground for her, but it is in this battle ground she is in her element. It's a fierce competition, but at the same time, it's what she lives for.
She doesn't mind competing; what she minds is losing. She will have as many losses as she has victories. Some of them will have more losses than victories. The losses are a blow to her self-esteem.
Not all but most, I already told you that.
I just wanted you to double check next time you go. Maybe you haven't noticed that the girls got there alone, and the boys approached them afterwards.
I don't recall ever seeing many women over 30.
Ha ha, sounds like you're going to the same type of clubs my kid goes to. Kiddie clubs! No wonder you perceive them as being the powerful deciders.
Well like I said, I don't recall seeing many women over 30, and if there were, they probably looked young enough to blend in with the crowd.
They'd probably go to other clubs that appeal to what I call adults.
Besides, they are usually enjoying the fruits of marriage at this point, they have no need to put them selves on the market.
Geez, how naive can you be? Most marriages end up in divorce. Most women in their 30s are not married.
Fundamentally, these women are no different than the 20 somethings at the night club.
Except that they won't have men lining up to have a shot at them.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Rebecca,
Yes but once he gets his fix don't you think he'll need to up the dosage? Keep finding more attractive and more unattainable women to attain. There are always more... I don't see how doing drugs can cure your addiction.
I hear you. It's dangerous, but it's a risk he has to take. His other choice is to live his whole life bitter because he is a loser; a man who no real woman ever loved. He'd have to kill himself.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Shahrazad wrote:Even looking at it your way, they're desperate. They have to find a mate.
No. They have to remain in the comforting arms of Woman, and most of the time, a mate does a good job of allowing her to do that.
Shahrazad wrote:sounds like you're going to the same type of clubs my kid goes to. Kiddie clubs! No wonder you perceive them as being the powerful deciders.
Personally I haven't attended a night club in quite a while and probably wont be going to one anytime soon. Aside from that, the club atmosphere was just one example of how women have men lined up for them, (which you found unbelievable), but apparently you are already familiar with such scenarios and you were just being dishonest.
Shahrazad wrote:They'd probably go to other clubs that appeal to what I call adults.
"Adult clubs" are full of 30, 40, and 50 year old kids too.
Shahrazad wrote:
Besides, they are usually enjoying the fruits of marriage at this point, they have no need to put them selves on the market.

Geez, how naive can you be? Most marriages end up in divorce. Most women in their 30s are not married.
Long term relationships, especially ones which produce children, suffice as marriages. I really don't care if a legal binding contract is involved. Anyway, this doesn't get to the core of the issue which is that men spend their lives sustaining Woman and making sure that women embody it. Since women seem to have no problem with this, (in fact they wouldn't have it any other way) it puts them in a very powerful position, especially over the lives of men.
Shahrazad wrote:Except that they won't have men lining up to have a shot at them.
Well Shah, I really don't see any point in discussing this with you anymore. You don't seem to have any idea or appreciation as to what Woman actually means. Maybe I'll catch you some other time.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Nick,
Personally I haven't attended a night club in quite a while and probably wont be going to one anytime soon. Aside from that, the club atmosphere was just one example of how women have men lined up for them, (which you found unbelievable), but apparently you are already familiar with such scenarios and you were just being dishonest.
No, I wasn't being dishonest. When I think of women, I think of females in their 30s, 40s and 50s. I don't think of girls in my kids' agegroup. Apparently you are in their agegroup, so it is my mistake not having realized that is what you were talking about. But there is a big difference between these females and the adult ones. The little ones aren't even playing the mating game yet. All they're doing is dating (and screwing) for fun.
Long term relationships, especially ones which produce children, suffice as marriages. I really don't care if a legal binding contract is involved.
And why would I care? I was talking about women who do not have a partner to sleep with, not even a clumsy boyfriend. Those are the ones that I have seen at the clubs by themselves in clusters. You have never noticed this because you are too busy looking at girls in their teens and early 20s. It's ok if that's what you want to do, but you should face the fact that you are only knowledgeable about teens and very young adults. Don't pretend otherwise.
Well Shah, I really don't see any point in discussing this with you anymore. You don't seem to have any idea or appreciation as to what Woman actually means.
Of course I don't know what Woman means. If I did, I'd agree with your claims. I couldn't possibly know what it means and still disagree. That has never happened at GF -- not even once.
Maybe I'll catch you some other time.
You can continue this discussion with Jason, if you prefer.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Rebecca has written:

"So your idea of success is being a functional member of society?"

There is no 'ideal of success', there are just people who find ways to live life with a certain strength or commitment, with 'personal power'. Life is an incredible, extraordinary and pretty much unexplicable event. Why do you seem to assume it can be reduced to a description that could be stated on an internet forum?

I teach women by example. My teaching is very personal and carefully catered to their stage of development and their immediate needs. Women, when I am done teaching them, always say, Whew! Thanks Alex. I learned a great deal! I never thought learning could be...so fun. So easy!

I get a lot of repeat students who never want to graduate!

Quote:
Alex has spoken!

"Indeed you have. You obviously fancy yourself a Messiah to these hopeless souls who are silly enough to want to know the truth about life. Do you think your altruistic teachings-from-on-high are going to get through to them? So they can accept their oatmeal faces and make it out into the real world to find other like-minded oatmealies to accept them in their oatmealiness? Is that how they would succeed?"

There IS a truth about life, there is there is! It is in you, it depends on you.

I am a teacher from 'on high', and I have come down through 7 terrestrial levels to spout my teachings (y'all are in the Third Level), to convert a bunch of boring, monotonous, short-dicked, mono-maniacal assholes to the Good News. Additionally, I have invited anyone who will send a PM for a fun-filled. sticky-fingered sex-romp through the wilds of pussylandia here in Colombia!

I love pussy and and believe everyone should have one close by! I don't think I am at all abnormal. My female energetic 'compliment' in the Good Work is just putting the finishing touches on her soon-to-be-released book I Love Dick. I think so many girls really do love dick and shouldn't be ashamed of it.

"First of all, don't "my dear" me. I just gagged all over my computer screen. Second of all, I don't "believe" what anyone says. That would be silly."

Don't ever gag on your screen. The frothy, acidic slurry could drain down into the keyboard causing uneccesary expense. If hoewver you are inclined to 'gag', I suggest keeping an air-ickness bag near to hand into which you can barf up your discontent.

Everyone here is 'dear' to me. I call Dan 'my dear' or l'il dumplin'. (And then I knock him silly with the baseball bat of my idea-structure).

"What's the purpose of life, Alex? I'd really like to hear."

Really, when you think about it, this is a bizarre question. Only a philistine, I suggest, would even try to answer it. (And I'm sure they do). To approach the 'answer', or to allude to an answer, is to say something that means something to you. You have to be willing to take a personal risk, I would say. No one here has any interest in taking risks, at least that is my impression.

I have high hopes for you Rebecca! Keep reading and pondering upon the statements I bark-out here, snarling and gnashing at the plagued. Don't you dare believe what these creeps say about me, especially Dan and David! I am a deeply wonderful person, a wonderamus of the first order.

I have taken a clear stand against the oatmealification of Life, and battle the GF windmills with truth and courage.

If you don't mind, send me a picture of your tits. That is, if you'd be so kind. (That is, if you are 18 years of age or older!)

PS: Diebert---and I am not fit to touch even the strap of His sandals---is the One who can help you with the Answer to your Grand Question about The Meaning of Life. Diebert, are you going to appear soon? Some intricate clumps of wisdom wilt thou impart?
Ni ange, ni bête
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Shahrazad wrote:
Nick wrote:Besides, they are usually enjoying the fruits of marriage at this point, they have no need to put them selves on the market.
Many women continue to enjoy the fruits of marriage after divorce. Such women are often slow to put themselves back in the marketplace, especially if they have kids.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Shahrazad wrote:Rebecca,
I hear you. It's dangerous, but it's a risk he has to take. His other choice is to live his whole life bitter because he is a loser; a man who no real woman ever loved. He'd have to kill himself.
His other other choice is to realise how demented it is to feel oneself a loser because you couldn't convince a woman to love you. If he manages not to be a loser by the terms you cite, he will be a bigger loser, frankly, and will have to live with that all his life!

Surely the most evil song ever written is that trash: "You're nobody till somebody loves you..."
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Dan,
Many women continue to enjoy the fruits of marriage after divorce.
How? They collect alimony and child support?
Such women are often slow to put themselves back in the marketplace, especially if they have kids.
Most of them are not that slow, in my experience. In fact, when she is newly divorced is the time that she is the most desperate to find a man. After some years of singleness, decades maybe, she will come to accept that being alone is not the end of the world, and has its side benefits. About at that time she gets bored with the night life.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Alex, you're a vain con-artist. However, nobody here is fooled by you. Have a little more respect.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Alex Jacob wrote:If you don't mind, send me a picture of your tits. That is, if you'd be so kind. (That is, if you are 18 years of age or older!)
Sad to see a man, by virtue of his own utter irrelevance, reduced to this - trolling masquerading as wit. Oh, lackaday!
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

God, he's a bore.

-