Who is Logically Older?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Foresta Gump

Who is Logically Older?

Post by Foresta Gump »

Who is logically older?

SUBJECTS: Females

Subject A is 53 years young, beautiful, physically fit, medically healthy and highly intelligent who hasn't begun her menopause yet and no signs of ending.

Subject B is 45 years old, beautiful, under weight, medically unhealthy, mentally competent, and is into her menopause a few years now since age 39.

Question?

If subject B has her last monthly period today and they have officially ended, would this make subject B cronologically older than subject A?

Considering subject B has reached the end of youth before subject A has even begun her menopause, which is known that the end of menopause for women means she is no longer young, that she has aged.

So essentially subject B has reached old age before subject A

Could this be explained differently to me?
Last edited by Foresta Gump on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kevin Solway

Re: Who is Cronologically Older?

Post by Kevin Solway »

What does this have to do with enlightenment?
Foresta Gump

Post by Foresta Gump »

It's an enlightening subject, how can you dispute that?
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

This thread is relevant to enlightenment as a specimen of unconsciousness, noted in Foresta's inability to define things clearly. I have just made it relevant.

Many posts on this forum give me the impression of walking into a museum. There is a long corridor of plexiglass cabinets. In each one is a different specimen. Some of the items on display are blurry gaseous schlumpy things, emitted from unseen fog-machines. Another section of cabinets is filled with motley heaps of random images, with spiderwebby threads stickily tying one random image to another. Another is curtained, with hardly anything to be seen. Another has posters stuck on the outside, mostly hiding the contents. Yet another has lots of shiny paraphernalia, like shards of broken mirrors, all reflecting in different directions. The cabinet we're looking at here is almost empty except for shadowy wisps of pastel-coloured dream-images floating about in the corners.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Foresta Gump wrote:If subject B has her last monthly period today and they have officially ended, would this make subject B cronologically older than subject A?
No.
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

And there we have it, it's a simple answer. No, she cannot be chronologically older. Although that wasn't really the question.

Anyone who's been here long enough should know Foresta's history and not bearing this in mind would suggest a serious lack of compassion.

Foresta, physical age, mental age and chronological age are different things. Your physical age depends to a large extent on how well you have looked after yourself, as well as your genetic makeup. You are as young or as old as you want to be, mentally. Chronologically, you are as old as the time that has passed since your birth.

Going through the change is not the be all and end all of your femininity. It can come to pass due to all sorts of reasons besides physical age. I know someone who went through it at 21 and, 18 years later, most men would kill for a moment of her attention.

Forget about how others measure your worth, measure it yourself.
Pye

Post by Pye »

More than the aforementioned confusions is the belief that breeding status/viability is the only yardstick by which to measure females. Immanence, immanence, immanence . . . body-only. These are purely conditioned (and I add highly agenda-ed) beliefs.
Foresta Gump

Post by Foresta Gump »

"The cabinet we're looking at here is almost empty except for shadowy wisps
of pastel-coloured dream images floating about in the corners"

Words of truth!

However, the cabinet here, it may be almost empty, but at least it has something!

And the pastel-coloured dream images must come from my nickname Rainbow!

Thank you much for your reply Kelly and others, but I expected more, something
deeper with understanding of what actually is being said here despite my inability
to clearly define myself.

I think the truth is apparent, but no one else can see what I see.

Subject B has reached decline before subject A, therefore subject A is not as old
as subject B.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Why did you use the word "chronological" when you didn't mean that at all?
A mindful man needs few words.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Foresta, how old are you?

Dave is right, don't worry about menopause; it doesn't change a thing, except that you are free to not wear pads every 3 or 4 weeks. Oh, and that you are more vulnerable to heart attacks and strokes, but not really any more than your average young male is.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:Why did you use the word "chronological" when you didn't mean that at all?
Another question with a very simple answer: she's an idiot.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

The truth can be so cruel.

(I'd've probably white knighted her if she wasn't arrogant: "I think the truth is apparent, but no one else can see what I see.")
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Shahrazad wrote:Foresta, how old are you?

Dave is right, don't worry about menopause; it doesn't change a thing, except that you are free to not wear pads every 3 or 4 weeks. Oh, and that you are more vulnerable to heart attacks and strokes, but not really any more than your average young male is.

Foresta Gump is from Canada. She had a different user name, Donna Thompson. She had an alien visit her once, during a lightning storm. The alien had long, bony fingers...

Dan had suggested she take a sabbatical from here quite some time ago (year or two, thereabouts).

BTW, she is one of the enlightened 1-of-a-billion women that Ryan was referring to.

There you have it, Canada has cornered the market 2 men and one woman of three worldwide.

Sorry Trevor, the best you can do is that Cory or Ryan bite the dust...

PS - Carl, now the competition is between you and Dave Hodges. And the women between Elizabeth & Shahrazad for North American bragging rights.

Alex has claimed South America...

Tomas

Post by Tomas »

DHodges wrote:
Trevor Salyzyn wrote:Why did you use the word "chronological" when you didn't mean that at all?
Another question with a very simple answer: she's an idiot.
Perhaps, an idiot savant.

Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Trevor, why are you being so mean to Foresta? Do you always treat handicapped people like that? I may have overestimated you.

I told you about four years ago that I have a mentally-ill daughter. I'd kick your butt if I ever see you calling her an idiot.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

tomas wrote:Sorry Trevor, the best you can do is that Cory or Ryan bite the dust...
You've found the flaw in David's plan of global enlightenment: enlightenment caps, based on the best statistics Ryan has to offer. He'll just have to settle for global domination, with a caste system that grants an automatic dole to the fruit of his loins.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Sher wrote:Trevor, why are you being so mean to Foresta? Do you always treat handicapped people like that?
The fastest way for someone to lose my sympathy is arrogance. I don't believe I would have treated her any differently had I known she was handicapped, unless she was suffering from an illness which caused her to believe she was Cleopatra. Then I might have been more forgiving.
I told you about four years ago that I have a mentally-ill daughter. I'd kick your butt if I ever see you calling her an idiot.
And I told you that I have bipolar disorder. I have sympathy for mental illness, but not for attitudes that go against my moral compass. I have values of my own that I will defend, just as you are defending yours.
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

Different strokes for different folks Trev. Not all are as lucky as you.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Tomas, are you able to do anything other than gossip on here or what? Here is a link to a website that i think you might find more interesting than the philosophical issues regularly expressed on GF.

For Tomas - http://www.cosmopolitan.com/

The website is laced in your favorite colour.
Last edited by Ryan Rudolph on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Dave: well then, you can take it as a rule of thumb that if I'm up in someone's face, there's a good chance that if they said the exact same thing less presumptuously, I'd have been a lot more civil. It's a bias that comes from an incredibly low opinion of pride -- more often than not, I think someone's hubris is a more pressing issue than whatever they're talking about. If you have different strokes, fine. Those are mine.
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

I understand that Trev. Same strokes as mine. So why then am I different here?

To be the more specific I was trying not to be then, some illnesses are more debilitating than others. Some illnesses, for instance, relieve the sufferer of even a moral compass.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

I'm clueless. Don't mind me.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Trevor,

I don't believe I would have treated her any differently had I known she was handicapped, unless she was suffering from an illness which caused her to believe she was Cleopatra. Then I might have been more forgiving.
I guess I didn't sense any arrogance in her cyber voice. We perceived her differently. No harm done.

The fastest way for someone to lose my sympathy is arrogance.
Mine too, we are not that different after all. I gather then that you must also have lost your sympathy for Mikiel.

-
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-My Gal Pal-
Ryan Rudolph - Tomas, are you able to do anything other than gossip on here or what?

-tomas-
Have you considered the Ignore button?

-My Gal Pal-
Here is a link to a website that i think you might find more interesting than the philosophical issues regularly expressed on GF.

-tomas-
Oh yeah, almost forgot about your self-rating system on the philosophical scale of 1-10. What did you rate yourself at?

-My Gal Pal writes-
For Tomas - http://www.cosmopolitan.com/

-tomas-
Well, hey there, girlfriend! Thanks for the URL.

How often you visit there to find the latest surveys on what mindless women and gal-pals are up to?

-My Gal Pal-
The website is laced in your favorite colour.

-tomas-
Let's see now. My favorite color is green. The second fave is orange. And my third is pink.

PS - You bad speller - there isn't a "u" is color... I'll have to get Uncle Brokie after you. He will deal with you.

Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Sher wrote:I gather then that you must also have lost your sympathy for Mikiel.
Yeah, I don't pay much attention to him any more. He's a very proud man. It's not that I actively disbelieve his facts: I just find myself regretting that humility isn't tested on an IQ test.

(If a high IQ is the greatest mankind has to offer, well, give me syphilis and call me Nietzsche: even the greatest is still human, all too human.)