Noumenosity

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
nysqually

Noumenosity

Post by nysqually »

Hello Dear n'Ones,

From my NDE at four, wherein I existed without a body, heart or mind - thoughtlessly, wholly-without-form, as unbounded awakeness,
this "I" has since attempted, for the 'past' fifty-three years, to experientially-explore this characteristic of the "noumenous", with others,
while "we are" - as a singular void-based Spirit, given to these 'embodying minds' as a species - capable of "collective enlightenment".

In these past twenty-years, as a professional, facilitating hundreds of groups internationally, I can confidently say we can readily unite
- co-consciously - within the mirror-like reflection of the noumenous no-Self, integrating all our many 'imaginings' - into a singlular
commonly-sensed-reality, aware that our perceptions - in combination - are generating this Self-same Reality. In contrast, our
individual sense, of our non-existent (s)Self, is no where near as pronounced, or distinct, from phenomenal forms, as when mutliples
of Us focus on being awake as n'One. An actually stable/livable non-duality emerges into perceptual awareness for a group, or for an
individual exploring consciousness in this manner - as is traditionally found to be accessible.

My sense - founded wholly on a great many direct experiences, whether 'alone' or with 'others' - is that this is a naturally-designed
alternative, that Humanity can readily utilize - given successful popularization - replacing conventional everyday separative-self
consciousness, that has thoroughly proven its 'self' to be inherently contentious and unsurvivable.

The definition of the word Noumenosity - experientially speaking - might need some further clarification, as to its precise meaning in the light of such writings, as quoted here ...

"Therefore, in the sixth stage method of conventional Advaitism, Brahman (or the Transcendental Being) tends to be conceived as the "atman" (the noumenous self) exclusive of objects. It is only in the Awakening of the seventh stage Realization that the consciousness that is the noumenous root of the manifest self is Realized not to be an internally based and non-phenomenal atman (or a soul) but Brahman (the Transcendental or Self-Existing Reality). And it is only when the atman is transcended in Brahman (rather than Brahman reduced to atman) that the phenomenal world is recognizable in Truth.

Therefore, if the tradition of Buddhism tends to suffer or struggle with the sixth stage limitations of phenomenal realism, the tradition of Advaitism tends to suffer or struggle with the sixth stage limitations of subjective idealism (which is rooted in the noumenous ideas of the soul that are part of the ancient traditions of animism and Emanationism).

The Buddhist vision in the sixth stage of life is concentrated in the merely phenomenal self (free of the false idea or implication that the manifest self is built upon a permanent or eternal and non-phenomenal individual being or soul). The idea of such a soul is based on the conventions of animism and Emanationism, and it is presumed on the basis of the sense of a noumenous and undying force of being underneath the mechanics of the body-mind. The original virtue of Buddhism was to see that this idea is only an uninspected implication of the phenomenal self, and it is neither necessary nor Real. However, the Buddhist logic then went on to apply the attitude of phenomenal realism to the extreme, so that the noumenal Reality that is the Ground and Context of phenomenal existence tended to cease to be logically admissible."

Warm Best Wishes,

Sperry Andrews, co-director
Human Connection Institute
www.connectioninstitute.org