a shift in my personal reality, or perhaps madness. Whoknows

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
profoundlygenius

a shift in my personal reality, or perhaps madness. Whoknows

Post by profoundlygenius »

(1)

The last two weeks have been interesting to say the least. (I will try to recall as much of this as possible)

I was at my friend robs place two weeks ago, I had come across some realization (or at least at the time it had been a realization of some sort) that telepathy was possible. My initial reaction to this was that it had been a certain phenomena which occurs in all or most living animals as i would suppose, where communication is done through a complex system of facial movements, body language and in our case fluctuation in tone in the words we speak. Through this it would be possible to communicate on certain levels of connection where no words would have to be shared and it would be possible to "share thoughts" with the person or persons you are connected with. At that time this "realization" seemed perfectly normal and possible, but i was completely unsuspecting what was to come in the days that followed.

Anyways robs. I was sitting with rob and i had just come to think that all of this was happening "no my knowledge now it either happened or it did not happen, i have no idea. But we were having conversation through this "telepathy" and it was completely bewildering. A friend of ours Sam came over and he and rob demonstrated that they could hear my thoughts which apparently i was sending and they were using the words i was thinking in my head to have conversation with each other, i know its nuts... whatever though.

the next few days were chaos to say the least and have since left my memories, probability for good reason. I started realizing at that point that i could either foresee small miniscuel events or cause things to happen, the experiences which i am describing was perceived as a flash of an idea in vivid color though my head where immediately following this flash what ever it was i was thinking would happen. Soon after i started loosing it. I came to some conclusion that my friend rob was and had been controlling first my best friend and then my parents, and soon everyone who i had talked to through this telepathy. I experienced a dream where i had murdered someone and i am reading in a book about mass mind, a mind control our government uses to control our population into thinking as little as possible, look it up if your curious. The dream ended with rob telling me, in his voice to go look up mass mind and saying that's all you have to think about. I awake and its exactly 6 AM. I go downstairs and look up mass mind, its the first think that comes up.

I go through the day with weirder things that that happening, but to explain each thing would take hours if not days. Soon I have it in my head that its my soul mate talking to me and this soul mate is simply animating itself in each person i talk to until i find myself to this person. Through out the next couple of days i am having conversations with this soul mate, and eventually find myself at an x girlfriends at 2 in the morning, and it is as if she is aware of everything i was thinking, and as if she had been waiting for me to come and find her. Everything about this person had been explained to me by what would be my soul mate talking to me through the things i read and things that i would watch when i turned on the TV.

At this point it sounds like a good old case of schizophrenia, in which case might be true, i was after all diagnosed as schizophrenic and put on anti psychotics for three years, but i had never experienced anything like this. Anyways i get to the point where i finally stop thinking about this stuff and my friend calls me, and i feel this huge connection to her drawing me to her and when i went to meet her it was clear we were thinking the same things to the very thought, and we could read and depict everything each other was thinking and feeling on what seemed like every level. Everything that happen, is still fuzzy in my memory and Im still not sure if i just did a bunch of acid and forgot about it, or if i am just insane, or if on some level all of this did happen, or if i had simply applied metaphors to everything around me to describe some region of my subconscious which i now have access to.

The idea's and experiences which i have described are poorly accounted for, I am simply looking to find someone with a similar experience without having to get thrown into an institution. At this point my thoughts about it are that none of it really matters, and I should just focus at this point on piano instead of waiting time with something that i will probably never fully understand.

as a side note to the second girl i had encountered, she had been experiencing everything i had for the same period of time before i had met with her only exactly parallel to my own experience.

---------------------different topic all together re post to this one that follows as (2) the first one as (1), i post them together because they're related although not directly----------

I tried to patch this up as best i could before submitting it, you'll have to make due with the way its written, i know its bad, hopefully it makes since. But everyone on this form is after all, a genius of some sort, or at least capable of some sort of comprehension beyond what words hold for face value, that is after all partly what a genius is all about right?

please excuse the writing, its late and as you might deduct i have a lot going through my head o.O
earnest_seeker

Re: a shift in my personal reality, or perhaps madness. Whoknows

Post by earnest_seeker »

I have had at least vaguely similar experiences. Nothing that I'm going to share publicly, but please know that you are not alone in experiencing extreme strangeness. You might like to contemplate this as a possibility: there are only three of us alive: you/me, her, and him. Please tell me how that resonates with you.
Laird
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

Quick question PG,

Do you think that all these seemingly unbelievable and out-of-this-world experiences you've had are best explained by your perception at the time being faulty due to paranoid/schizophrenic episode(s) or by them actually being real?
DHodges

perhaps madness

Post by DHodges »

Here's a quick tip: if you are asking random strangers on the internet for psychological help, you seriously need professional help.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I heartily suggest reading the essay 'Schizophrenia---The Inward Journey' that is part of a group of essays in 'Myths to Live By' by Joseph Campbell.

At certain junctures in life there can be a tremendous rush of energy---psychic energy---that upwells into the consciousness of a person. For some, the energy can push them into spiritual life, self-knowledge, internal healing and greater connection to life. For others, the upwelling is too much to be handled, the vessel overfills, and the person loses the internal center required to handle the experience.

Rule Number One: It is not at all about the experiences one is having, neither about psychic powers or UFOs nor even 'soul-mates'. All that is part of a story, a language. In a way it is hallucination and one can be tricked by it. The key to it all is the inner core of your own person. If there is a safe, quiet place (inside yourself) where you can go and gather strength, it is possible to weather the external storm. But if there is not an internal space one is constantly left to the elements, and they tend to disintegrate one.

It is a paradox: the 'forces' that initiate are the forces that tear the persona apart.

Since in our culture no one is interested in anything having to do with 'inner journeys of self-discovery', and all they want is units who can perform their assigned tasks, you are in a very difficult spot, and a dangerous spot from the sound of it. If you don't take your position seriously, you could perish and the cost could be the rest of your life. If you do not succeed in taking your inner life seriously, and if your present day-to-day life is disordered and undisciplined (and you do drugs for example), the chances stand against you. You absolutely have to find a person in your milieu who has experience with this sort of thing. Possibly the best person would be someone with a Jungian background, as I can't think of any other therapeutic tradition that would not put you on drugs, just to control the experience, or to nullify it. It is horribly enough a question of money: no one wants to pay for someone to accomplish the 'inward journey' since the result of this is no marketable, has no mercantile value. The cheapest route in the social scheme is to put you on drugs. It sounds portentous, but the only way you could make this crossing is to develop, maintain and protect some internal core in your own self, to believe in yourself, and to take care of yourself. The 'soul-mate' is in fact your own self, and that is what you have to deeply connect with.

Imperative to keep the head cool, spiritually and literally. Under the pressure of psychic upwelling, the head gets overheated, and if the head gets overheated, the head loses its guiding compass. If this happens a little bit it can be controlled, but if the head gets seriously over-heated, the head is powerless over what possesses the head. The head must be cooled 3 times a day, if only under a cold shower, but better in a fast running stream or brook. The head will cool down and the racing thoughts will subside. Diet, exercise, prayer, help from friends, and complete avoidance of drugs, alcohol, and even nicotine are essential. That and someone who can recognize the symbols that you are dealing with and can translate them back to you.
Ni ange, ni bête
profoundlygenius

god dmanit your all fucking idiots. each one you! your all going to hell with your hands in your pockets, lookin down at the ground with your shady eyes fucking up everything you come across, I like it! god damnit!. why cant you be more like meeee! ynaaaaa

this encoded messaged, contains the ultimate truth, to higher understanding and happiness. decifer this and you will be graciously awarded one.... million.... dollars!!?!!
Tomas

Hippy B.

Post by Tomas »

-Robert-
profoundlygenius - Dag Nammit, you're all fucking idiots.

-tomas-
Thank you, thank you very much.

-Robert-
Each one you!

-tomas-
Would you like to see the pope on the end of a rope? Do you think he's a fool?

-Robert-
You're all going to hell with your hands in your pockets, lookin' down at the ground with your shady eyes fucking up everything you come across, I like it!

-tomas-
Well, I've seen the truth, I've seen the grace, and I'll be prepared when you're lonely and scared ... at the end of our days.

-Robert-
Dag Nammit!. Why cant you be more like meeee! Ynaaaaa

-tomas-
Why? Wouldn't wanna be like you.

-Robert-
This encoded message, contains the ultimate truth, to higher understanding and happiness.

-tomas-
Maybe in the next lifetime (and beyond).

-Robert-
Decipher this and you will be graciously awarded one.... million.... dollars!!?!!

-tomas-
Okay. But as long as the dollars aren't Canadian or Australian.

Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Six cold showers a day, with special emphasis on the head, and swab the head in a paste of pureed coconut and cilantro, then wrap head with white cotton cloth, lie in the shade of a big tree thinking peaceful thoughts.

Get back to me in a month...
Ni ange, ni bête
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Is there a sign somewhere in this place that reads "Psych Ward" that I'm unaware of?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

As you're probably well aware, mentally ill people tend to secretly believe they are geniuses, or believe that they are fated toward that general direction. They also tend to believe that they possess the Truth, have attained some secret wisdom and are uniquely 'spiritual'

Genius, Truth, Wisdom, Spirituality........words like these will always attract abnormal, downtrodden people.

If you don't like attracting the mentally ill, then you should be less liberal with certain words.

A good start might be changing the name of this place to the reasoning forum

My intuition tells me that Mentally Ill people usually find the word 'reasoning' unattractive. Reasoning is too dry for them.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Issac,

Uh, ya hot header... r u reasoner? or REASONER (insert mad dog ghoul pluumb).

Dick.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

"Genius, Truth, Wisdom, Spirituality........words like these will always attract abnormal, downtrodden people."

What brings you to this outerspace canteen, Isaac?
Ni ange, ni bête
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Alex Jacob wrote:"Genius, Truth, Wisdom, Spirituality........words like these will always attract abnormal, downtrodden people."

What brings you to this outerspace canteen, Isaac?
Ever here of cyclothymia? It's mild bipolar disorder.

My lack of competence socially and scholastically caused me to desire attaining genius/spirit. My attempt to be a genius/spirit caused my mild bipolar disorder. The misery of my illness caused me to seek wisdom. Seeking wisdom caused me to seek truth. Seeking wisdom, genius and truth as led me to this forum.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Isaac wrote:As you're probably well aware, mentally ill people tend to secretly believe they are geniuses, or believe that they are fated toward that general direction. They also tend to believe that they possess the Truth, have attained some secret wisdom and are uniquely 'spiritual'

Genius, Truth, Wisdom, Spirituality........words like these will always attract abnormal, downtrodden people.

If you don't like attracting the mentally ill, then you should be less liberal with certain words.

A good start might be changing the name of this place to the reasoning forum

My intuition tells me that Mentally Ill people usually find the word 'reasoning' unattractive. Reasoning is too dry for them.
Not a bad idea ....

-
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

I've never liked the name of the forum. Interesting phenomenon, though.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I've always thought that all crazy newbies that happen upon this forum have been here in the past, under another name. At most there might be 2 or 3 of them.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Mentally ill people tend to look the same, just as chaos tends to look the same.

-
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

If we changed the forum title to the Reasoning Forum we would likely attract soulless academic-types, which would be just as bad as attracting the mentally ill.

It might be good for a change, though.

-
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

If the forum were changed to the Reasoning Forum, but the board name remained Genius Forum, we might end up with both - including mentally ill academic types, which could be interesting.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

pf,

Look into Leary's Eight Circuit Consciousness Model... telepathy is a real phenomenon once higher circuit contact has been made. You appear to be within the 7th meta-programming circuit - one that allows for sci-fi enhanced reality. We appear to be within a similar reality-tunnel, a parallel pathway of sorts...

http://deoxy.org/8circuit.htm
profoundlygenius

interesting enough, as the idea's posted on this topic have come to show me that the current ideals of what genius is in our modern society is greatly abstracted by the idea of profound intelligence, hence my screen name profoundly genius, which if one were to be a person of genius, or a person of moderate intelligence or reasoning they would know to take this as an insult. Profoundly genius is a reference to a character from a certain movie... there were giants, a person with the similar attributes of Zoro, a cliff in one screen and one man who above all else considered himself to be the most intelligent, when in fact he was literally quite dumb. This metaphor is used to characterize many of the people on this forum

To be considered a man of intellect, or even a man of moderate intelligence, a idea would have to be understood.

say it simple stupid, anyone watch the love guru? great movie for a lot of people here.

99% of the people on this forum i have insulted by starting this topic. the other 1 percent I highly respect, and let it be known that at least one person in this damned world we are stuck in, has noticed you for the person and ideals that you have come to stand for.

please keep in mind, I am a very bored person at times. And when it comes to such situations as it is now, i tend to do stupid things like write on forums and try to get a general reaction from people. Now mind you i am a complete idiotic, crazy asshole. People like me should not have access to the internet, but i can almost guarantee you that there is someone who is sitting at their computer laughing, saying I wish i had thought of this first. And then there is another person who is sitting there thinking that just last week or last month that they were already thinking up something like this but decided it was a great waist of time to go out of their way and do something as stupid as this, and i can guarantee you that they would have said it with a lot less words and made a way better point. But today i feel like being belligerent, so if your wasting time reading this down to this word, well at least i have accomplished something.

good day to you and love is all that matters, look up Mozart quotes. Beethoven is better but harder to understand.
srsly just do it, you'll see what i meen
profoundlygenius

hey thanks Steven. I don't understand most of it yet, but it sort of gives me some information to go off of to better understand what the fuck has been happening for the last couple of week

once I've read it through a few times ill start a post labeled "hmmm whats next
" ill put some of my idea's about this information, hope to hear some of your reply's.

thanks.
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Toss this coin.

Toss this coin!

Toss this fucking coin!!

Do you know what will happen if you don't toss this fucking coin to see if I fucking kill you or not?

I'll fucking kill you!

Toss the coin.
DHodges

Crazy motherfucker

Post by DHodges »

profoundlygenius wrote:Now mind you i am a complete idiotic, crazy asshole. People like me should not have access to the internet,
Get off the damn internet and go get some professional help.